BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 45 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Weather should hold out in Towson.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
So much for my weather predictions. Should pass over quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For all the haters on UA Senior Team selections there are 65 UA All-Americans playing this weekend. Maybe they do know what they are doing after all....

Always going to be haters...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! ACC not as advertised! Watching final seconds. That yellow seals the deal. See ya UNC, been fun!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if BC will win the championship but it was clearly their D / Goalie play that won the UNC game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Belle Smith is such an impressive player. Also love Emma Ward. Those two head and shoulders above any other freshman! Big things ahead for those two

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC just didnt have it today
BC ran out in formation in second half and UNC just trickled back from the locker room

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Belle Smith is such an impressive player. Also love Emma Ward. Those two head and shoulders above any other freshman! Big things ahead for those two
100% agree

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
It’s going to be great final Sunday. We’ll have a first time champion. Congratulations Boston College and Syracuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if BC will win the championship but it was clearly their D / Goalie play that won the UNC game.

Cuse Goalie and D getting it done was well!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree completely, very good players but head and shoulders above all other freshman is a bit much.

Fairly obvious attempt to knock a player you do not like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
It’s going to be great final Sunday. We’ll have a first time champion. Congratulations Boston College and Syracuse.

Should be a great game! So happy a “super team” will not be winning the championship. Looks like the T will go to North regardless. Pretty amazing that BC will have two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Should be a great game! So happy a “super team” will not be winning the championship. Looks like the T will go to North regardless. Pretty amazing that BC will have two.

What is a super team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is a super team?

UNC with all their super seniors and secret weapon grad transfers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is a super team?

How many super seniors and grad transfers did Syracuse have on the field today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is a super team?

Why do you even post your nonsense?

Syracuse had 6 grad students on the field today, 1 of the 6 was a grad transfer (they would have had 8 if not for injuries). UNC played 4 grad students 1 of the 4 was a grad transfer.

So I guess Syracuse would be considered the super team (although I don’t know about NU).

It is really funny how ignorant people pop off on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is a super team?

Syracuse had 6 grad students on the field today, 1 of the 6 was a grad transfer (they would have had 8 if not for injuries). UNC played 4 grad students 1 of the 4 was a grad transfer.

So I guess Syracuse would be considered the super team (although I don’t know about NU).

Just checked, Northwestern played 2 grad students one was a grad transfer, BC played just one grad student.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is a super team?

BC had one! What does it all mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is a super team?

It doesn’t mean anything. Not sure why the guy wrote the post stating that he was “so happy a super team will not be winning the championship”. Apparently the comment was directed at UNC, the person seemed to be bothered that Carolina had “super seniors and secret weapon grad transfers”. I guess it didn’t bother them that Syracuse played the most super seniors and grad transfer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is a super team?

BC girl will receive the programs second Tewaaraton winner in a couple weeks. It means the program is elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to BC and Syracuse. Great showing by LI girls. 7 of 11 BC goals and 14 out of 21 Syracuse goals scored by LI girls...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just watched UNC vs UVA Men’s Game... Just like with Syracuse and Boston College... Goalie and defense were the difference. Let’s see what happens with Duke vs Maryland Men .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to BC and Syracuse. Great showing by LI girls. 7 of 11 BC goals and 14 out of 21 Syracuse goals scored by LI girls...

And I’m fairly sure all but one player that scored were a YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just watched UNC vs UVA Men’s Game... Just like with Syracuse and Boston College... Goalie and defense were the difference. Let’s see what happens with Duke vs Maryland Men .

Terps held Duke to 5 goals.... Goalie and team D!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m also fairly sure that the best player in women’s lacrosse this year is not a YJ!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m also fairly sure that the best player in women’s lacrosse this year is not a YJ!

Agree, and I’m the same person that wrote the above post.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Congratulations to Boston College. They attacked Syracuse zone well, maybe seeing it for the fourth time helped. North showed why she’s best in the game. Walker-W had a good game plan. I’ll have to watch game again to see the officiating as it’s hard to see live but some calls head scratching.

BC a young team. Does North come back?

Considering the question marks coming into the season due to COVID I would say the season was quite a success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once again, it was clearly Defense, goalie play as well as taking control of the "middle of the field" in the second half (winning on the circle to get the DC) that was the difference in the Championship Game. I'm sure the know nothing who says that "defense wins championships" and "control the middle of the field" are cliche will still not get it. If you you do not get it by now my guess is that you never will. Those that do not get it know nothing about lacrosse or competitive sports in general.

Todays game changed when BC sent a double on 44 early in the second half, they made the stop got the turnover and never looked back. They controlled the middle of the field in the second half and they made the stops defensively.
SU couldn't get a draw off the circle, couldn't make a defensive stop and the Goalie (who is obviously excellent) had trouble making a big save). I don't know if BC made better adjustments at the half but at the end of the day the difference in the game was: Goalie play, team D and BC's ability to control the middle of the field. Oh, and BTW it was once again a Man to Man D that won the championship. SU's zone can be frustrating but as with most zones, good coaches with selfless, smart, talented players will eventually exploit it. If you have the athletes, man to man is tougher to beat because you need to be more athletic than the defenders to beat them one on one, someone needs to be able to win their one on one match up if you want to score some goals.

Congratulations To BC, AW and all of the players.

Pretty sure North walks away with the T. Congratulations to her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Boston College. They attacked Syracuse zone well, maybe seeing it for the fourth time helped. North showed why she’s best in the game. Walker-W had a good game plan. I’ll have to watch game again to see the officiating as it’s hard to see live but some calls head scratching.

BC a young team. Does North come back?

Considering the question marks coming into the season due to COVID I would say the season was quite a success.

Officiating did not look good....

I would bet the ranch on CN returning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball does not win championships. Syracuse learned that the hard way. Glad the refs had no patience for it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win by BC. But three yellows in first 10 minutes? Top scorer out of game. Right or wrong it had an impact on game. North yellow was garbage as well.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Two things I missed. Congratulations to North for breaking the single season goal record. Also, hats off to Towson for hosting.

Getting ready to drive up 95, swing into Philly and get a cheesesteak at Jim’s on South St.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win by BC. But three yellows in first 10 minutes? Top scorer out of game. Right or wrong it had an impact on game. North yellow was garbage as well.

Simple put, officiating was not very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Very telling games today. Great effort by SB was really rooting for them. I'm thinking it's going to be either NW or BC. Both North and Scane were lights out, the Tewaaraton is clearly between those two phenomenal players. Can't wait for next week's finale

Your comments shows your complete lack of knowledge . We get it you dislike Ortega but what would make you think BC makes the finals because they beat ND who 2 weeks ago gave up 18 straight goals against UNC . If North wins the Tewaaraton then the award should stand for something different .

Don't dislike Ortega at all. She's a great player and played very well today. The other two are notch up in my opinion, and their teams had dominant wins, where UNC barely survived as a number 1 seed. We'll see what happens next week.

Your comment is ridiculous and based on nonsense . You seem to use seeding against UNC yet they would not be a one seed without Ortega . I could be wrong but UNC is undefeated having won both the regular season ACC title and the ACC tournament . I can guarantee you UNC does not faceguard North while BC will Ortega or Hoeg or both . The reason I bring this up is you cannot base your “ knowledge of the game “ on who scores more goals or points as who you play and how they play the game matters . To say the Tewaaraton is clearly between those two is just uneducated .

Umm... you’ll see I’m right in a couple weeks!

Just like I said. Not so ridiculous , was I?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! Very telling games today. Great effort by SB was really rooting for them. I'm thinking it's going to be either NW or BC. Both North and Scane were lights out, the Tewaaraton is clearly between those two phenomenal players. Can't wait for next week's finale

Your comments shows your complete lack of knowledge . We get it you dislike Ortega but what would make you think BC makes the finals because they beat ND who 2 weeks ago gave up 18 straight goals against UNC . If North wins the Tewaaraton then the award should stand for something different .

Don't dislike Ortega at all. She's a great player and played very well today. The other two are notch up in my opinion, and their teams had dominant wins, where UNC barely survived as a number 1 seed. We'll see what happens next week.

Your comment is ridiculous and based on nonsense . You seem to use seeding against UNC yet they would not be a one seed without Ortega . I could be wrong but UNC is undefeated having won both the regular season ACC title and the ACC tournament . I can guarantee you UNC does not faceguard North while BC will Ortega or Hoeg or both . The reason I bring this up is you cannot base your “ knowledge of the game “ on who scores more goals or points as who you play and how they play the game matters . To say the Tewaaraton is clearly between those two is just uneducated .

Umm... you’ll see I’m right in a couple weeks!

Just like I said. Not so ridiculous , was I?

You got that right!!! :-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug ball does not win championships. Syracuse learned that the hard way. Glad the refs had no patience for it!
My girl is in 6th but never seen a yellow card in gLax. I assume it’s because of the no checking rule/ less physicality in youth lax. Is it more prevalent in HS and college? Also, don’t they know to take it down a notch after the first yellow like they do in soccer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the OP, but I'm still not convinced North should be the Tewaaraton winner. She is tremendously athletic and incredibly driven. I think she's a role model for all competitive female athletes, lacrosse or otherwise. That said, I'm not overly impressed with her lacrosse _skills_ outside the draw circle (she's phenomenal there as well). She wins because she's stronger, faster, and has more grit than any other player. She does have incredible Lax IQ as well. I guess I'm just not that impressed with her handle. I think a Tewaaraton winner should have a handle to match the name. My 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do we start to find out who is coming back for the fifth year Option on these teams?
How will start affecting the next class of recruits. I can see schools not taking chances on kids and only going for “sure things”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the OP, but I'm still not convinced North should be the Tewaaraton winner. She is tremendously athletic and incredibly driven. I think she's a role model for all competitive female athletes, lacrosse or otherwise. That said, I'm not overly impressed with her lacrosse _skills_ outside the draw circle (she's phenomenal there as well). She wins because she's stronger, faster, and has more grit than any other player. She does have incredible Lax IQ as well. I guess I'm just not that impressed with her handle. I think a Tewaaraton winner should have a handle to match the name. My 2 cents.

So? Nonsense.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So? Nonsense.

Outside the draw circle!? you have to be kidding...she had 102 goals in one season. I guess in your mind she hangs by the goal looking for feeds

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 45 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard