BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,633
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 58 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The eye black would not have been so bad if two of their players hadn't had it on. They literally wiped it off before the coach made the accusation!
Those ridiculous calls gave M&D the ball at least four tines. That equals points and a win

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to M&D for win today. But those were the worst refs anyone has ever seen. Parents on both teams shocked by terrible calls. Who calls a dangerous shot if you hit the goalie with the ball at this age? Who gives a technical foul for a team wearing eye black? Both teams had it on and M&D wiped it off as their coach complained on Hero's to the ref........Ref called illegal cradle when girl did face dodge......seriously????
The refs called a very tight game for both team, hero’s was just on the wrong end of those calls more. The eyeblack call was genius by KJ but the yellow card that followed drove the final nail in. Like every summer I’m sure the 2 teams will face off 4-5 times, Maybe next week mnd will be on th wrong side of some calls, that’s just the way it goes.

Now let’s both beat the YJ”s!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to both teams... not a parent of either but M&D played great today and were the better team on the field.but it’s too bad the refs took the game out off the field... too many whistles, illegal cradle call on a fast break, horrible dangerous shot call and IMO the eyeblack move was low class by the coaches ... act like you’ve been there before!

I’m guessing you feel false starts should be done over. Accidental checks not be career. Illegal sticks never be checked. You were down 3 when it happened. It wasn’t a factor in the game except to get in your heat. Guess what. It worked!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, there were ahead by one when the first call was made....Yes, but Hero's needs to make some changes and adjustments to its team or they will not remain a top team. When you play a tough game like this, you expose the weaker players.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
didn't see much complaining from the Hero's folks when all the calls went their way in the NGLL championship in the fall. i believe MND had like 5 yellow cards, and played a man down for the whole 2nd half, and still forced OT.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
didn't see much complaining from the Hero's folks when all the calls went their way in the NGLL championship in the fall. i believe MND had like 5 yellow cards, and played a man down for the whole 2nd half, and still forced OT.
I wouldn't be bragging about a team getting 5 yellow cards in a game....clearly there needs to be better coaching on how to actually play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all know people don't pay attention to those things when they are winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two questions. A coach called for a penalty because of eye black? Really? It’s not brilliant, it’s pathetic. This is 8th grade and it was the championship. It’s called getting pumped and excited and getting in game mode for a championship game. And can someone please explain an “illegal” cradle to me? What makes a cradle illegal?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly, those 5 yellow cards, weren't exactly all legit calls. illegal cradle is when you cradle the ball in the sphere around you head. the defense cant make a play on the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should have heard the HoCo parents on the upper deck. Some dads were livid with coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if there is an (attempted) exodus.

Truth is kids that are serious about lax and can do it , should look at clubs that fit their kids. Better coaching , better competition. Hoco is a bargain as far as price but will never change philosophy to compete with bid dogs consistently. The 25 team won’t be only Hoco team that will have top players looking.

Yeah, makes sense what you say, but too bad as it doesn’t seem like it would take much from the coaches/organization to get competitive.
They need a recruiting history to get competitive. HoCo players end up leaving because there is no recruiting history, or of there is, HoCo promotes it no way.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think I’ve read that small print before regarding aggressive eye black use. It can’t be warpaint-like. I thought it was silly but I guess they’re still calling rules.
As for the cradling I’m not familiar with that as my daughter is older and out of the beginner stages of club. Also some refs might just be new and super strict.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two questions. A coach called for a penalty because of eye black? Really? It’s not brilliant, it’s pathetic. This is 8th grade and it was the championship. It’s called getting pumped and excited and getting in game mode for a championship game. And can someone please explain an “illegal” cradle to me? What makes a cradle illegal?

Please. Sounds like you and your team need to read the rule book. If you don't know what an illegal cradle is, look it up on google or youtube it. And yes, it was a brilliant call by KJ.

Maybe this will help since your a little pouty right now.

Rules on illegal cradle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdyFNnxZ308

Rules on eye black. Tell your girls they can smudge as much stuff on their face as they want when they get to college. Until then, 1 little line is all they get.

https://stringerssociety.com/lacrosse-eye-black/#:~:text=US%20lacrosse%20currently%20has%20a,players%20don%27t%20agree%20with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can not cradle it close to your head where you can not be legally checked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The refs called a very tight game for both team, hero’s was just on the wrong end of those calls more. The eyeblack call was genius by KJ but the yellow card that followed drove the final nail in. Like every summer I’m sure the 2 teams will face off 4-5 times, Maybe next week mnd will be on th wrong side of some calls, that’s just the way it goes.

Now let’s both beat the YJ”s!
Genius call by a coach who then turned around and had her younger daughter’s team wearing it in their championship game? Rules don’t apply to everyone, I guess?

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Illegal cradle is a very important rule as the girls get older. Hard enough for the defense without the offense keeping the ball right in front of their faces.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please. Sounds like you and your team need to read the rule book. If you don't know what an illegal cradle is, look it up on google or youtube it. And yes, it was a brilliant call by KJ.

Rules on illegal cradle

Rules on eye black. Tell your girls they can smudge as much stuff on their face as they want when they get to college. Until then, 1 little line is all they get.

https://stringerssociety.com/lacrosse-eye-black/#:~:text=US%20lacrosse%20currently%20has%20a,players%20don%27t%20agree%20with.
LOL, not pouty. Laughing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can not cradle it close to your head where you can not be legally checked.
Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rules on illegal cradle

Deep breaths. Go have another cup of coffee and try to enjoy your Monday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can not speak on the officiating for this game (the eye black does seem excessive). However, the officiating for other games were atrocious. I do not envy their jobs, but I would like to see consistency.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't agree on the officials. However there's usually 100 sideline refs that officiate each game. All these sideline refs should go get their referee license and starting reffing games since they know all of the rules, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can't agree on the officials. However there's usually 100 sideline refs that officiate each game. All these sideline refs should go get their referee license and starting reffing games since they know all of the rules, etc.

Sounds like a salty ref who is part of the problem with poor calls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a salty ref who is part of the problem with poor calls.

He’s got a point. If you don’t like something step in and be part of the change. Otherwise you’re just complaining.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to M&D for win today. But those were the worst refs anyone has ever seen. Parents on both teams shocked by terrible calls. Who calls a dangerous shot if you hit the goalie with the ball at this age? Who gives a technical foul for a team wearing eye black? Both teams had it on and M&D wiped it off as their coach complained on Hero's to the ref........Ref called illegal cradle when girl did face dodge......seriously????

Eyeblack can by a single line only. Not covering a cheek. Difference was heros girls had it as face paint. Coach used it as a free draw possession. Smart coaching. The yellow right after that was the killer and not the refs fault.

Been a rule for a a few years now too and the coaches should have known better. Any smart coach that see's the other team clearly have more than a line uses it to their advantage, especially in a game like this.

Anyone have a link to where this is specified? Is this US Lacrosse rule or NGLL? What is the reasoning behind this rule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is it called when the draw girl gets the possession, but after it hits ground and turns into GB? Is it still winning the draw? There’s not a stat for winning possessions

Technically - Draw won, Turnover/CT, Ground ball....

Unless there is no true possession. If they don't get a cradle or 2 for instance. If they just hit it away and it goes to the ground it's not a draw win stat, that goes to whoever gets the GB.

Sounds like its a simple draw control. Whoever is first to gain possession of the ball, its a DC, it can even roll past the restraining line and a defender or attack can get it.
Also, you cannot get credit for both a GB and a DC, they are mutually exclusive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eyeblack can by a single line only. Not covering a cheek. Difference was heros girls had it as face paint. Coach used it as a free draw possession. Smart coaching. The yellow right after that was the killer and not the refs fault.

Been a rule for a a few years now too and the coaches should have known better. Any smart coach that see's the other team clearly have more than a line uses it to their advantage, especially in a game like this.

Anyone have a link to where this is specified? Is this US Lacrosse rule or NGLL? What is the reasoning behind this rule?

Us lacrosse rule. Look it up and ask us lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The eye black would not have been so bad if two of their players hadn't had it on. They literally wiped it off before the coach made the accusation!
Those ridiculous calls gave M&D the ball at least four tines. That equals points and a win

Good story. They knew it before taking the field. Why would they let their girls do it. Watch the film and show which one had it on in first half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth and those 5 yellows were not all legit. Bad calls cost M&D that game. Now you are even.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You should have heard the HoCo parents on the upper deck. Some dads were livid with coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if there is an (attempted) exodus.

Truth is kids that are serious about lax and can do it , should look at clubs that fit their kids. Better coaching , better competition. Hoco is a bargain as far as price but will never change philosophy to compete with bid dogs consistently. The 25 team won’t be only Hoco team that will have top players looking.

They need a recruiting history to get competitive. HoCo players end up leaving because there is no recruiting history, or of there is, HoCo promotes it no way.

Yeah, as long as the 25 HC berates the goalies in front of everyone for not making saves (majority of shots were 2-3 meters away, no less), they won't be competitive when players and parents get fed up and leave. It's a shame. Time for the club to show the HC the door and get someone who can truly coach in there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Integrity Green is realizing dropping into the B bracket doesnt' hide the weaknesses. They had the easy ride all season. SW versus Hero's white teams

They sure did. SW and Hero's were in the other division. They didn't have any competition until they met up with and lost to Hero's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would have been nice if NGLL went to three tiers. Would have made for better competition all around

A group - hero’s green, mnd black, sw blue, pride red, coppermine black, Nems, LBC, md unite east

B group - hero’s white, sw white, pride white, pride Loudoun, 3D Frederick, integrity green, stars light blue, mind red, md United west, copper mine blue

C group - everyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would have been nice if NGLL went to three tiers. Would have made for better competition all around

A group - hero’s green, mnd black, sw blue, pride red, coppermine black, Nems, LBC, md unite east

B group - hero’s white, sw white, pride white, pride Loudoun, 3D Frederick, integrity green, stars light blue, mind red, md United west, copper mine blue

C group - everyone else

Pretty hilarious you put a team in to the “A” division, SW for those struggling to follow along, then lumped the team that beat them in the semis (Hoco) in to the “everyone else” category. Back to the drawing board my guy. Thanks for participating thought. 👏

Agreed though. Lots of soft games for upper teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C group - everyone else

I love how you left off HoCo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much cheaper is Hoco?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You should have heard the HoCo parents on the upper deck. Some dads were livid with coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if there is an (attempted) exodus.

Yeah, as long as the 25 HC berates the goalies in front of everyone for not making saves (majority of shots were 2-3 meters away, no less), they won't be competitive when players and parents get fed up and leave. It's a shame. Time for the club to show the HC the door and get someone who can truly coach in there!

25s not only team with issues. 24 team probing for offers for the fall. The best from that team will be gone. Team will be a B Level team with the hc and her daughter trying to play lax around field hockey schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like lots of jealousy regarding HoCo team. They performed well, end of story. Solid teams from 23 thru 25 at this point. Not sure about younger teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi, My daughter is fairly new to lacrosse (she has about 1 year under her belt), she is interested in joining a club team. We live in Northern Virginia. Are there any recommendations for clubs that could be a good fit for a newer player?

There are 2 NVA programs at the top level per say, Pride and Stars. They both have A and B teams, but depending the year, those B teams are still pretty talented/skilled etc. If your desire is to play at the top levels, these are the 2 programs to look into and decide. A few levels down from those 2 are programs from Cardinal, VA Metro and 3d, which are still competitive etc. For HS (assuming this is for 2025), Pride and Capital are the 2 programs as Stars ends at 8th grade. Good luck in your search.

That is odd that Stars ends in 8th grade. Seems like a good program. Why end it at 8th grade and where do these girls go after 8th grade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi, My daughter is fairly new to lacrosse (she has about 1 year under her belt), she is interested in joining a club team. We live in Northern Virginia. Are there any recommendations for clubs that could be a good fit for a newer player?

There are 2 NVA programs at the top level per say, Pride and Stars. They both have A and B teams, but depending the year, those B teams are still pretty talented/skilled etc. If your desire is to play at the top levels, these are the 2 programs to look into and decide. A few levels down from those 2 are programs from Cardinal, VA Metro and 3d, which are still competitive etc. For HS (assuming this is for 2025), Pride and Capital are the 2 programs as Stars ends at 8th grade. Good luck in your search.

That is odd that Stars ends in 8th grade. Seems like a good program. Why end it at 8th grade and where do these girls go after 8th grade?

Stars was/is always been a Middle school program when it was started. About 2-3 years ago, Stars started the younger program for starting at 3rd grade. However, they were originally a 6-8th grade program. The "traditional" feeder for the top girls was then to go to Capital for the HS years. This year, Stars is starting a 25 team but won't really "compete" per say with the same talent that is trying out for Capital. To summarize, the top Stars girls would traditionally go to Capital, some to the HOCO MD clubs and then others to VA Metro, Cardinal etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They move on to the high school club Capital Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is it Bethesdas Lacrosse club (Elementary) turns into Stars (Middle School) turns into Capital (High School)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C group - everyone else

Pretty hilarious you put a team in to the “A” division, SW for those struggling to follow along, then lumped the team that beat them in the semis (Hoco) in to the “everyone else” category. Back to the drawing board my guy. Thanks for participating thought. 👏

Agreed though. Lots of soft games for upper teams.

I think it was accurate to put HoCo in A this spring. They have athletes (but perhaps more latent skills)to compete in fast break ball. Going forward, not sure it will be the case as their (lack of) coaching will catch up to them.

unfortunately, some of these HoCo players are going to be in for a rude awakening when they get to their respective high schools and the HS HC is wondering why they have no weak hand throwing, catching or cradling, no concept of team off or def, etc. ie practical fundamentals necessary for a higher level of play that the HC apparently doesn’t believe in. The fact that’s she’s been there 3 years is astounding. .

Of course based on the practice yesterday that heard about, they will be able to crush twizzlers, through the legs shots, etc, which I am sure they use. Great 45 minutes of drill HC. Lol

Sounds like they are getting rec level coaching which is a shame.

I am sure you will start seeing HoCo players at other clubs if changes aren’t made by Mid July.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 58 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard