BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 58 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s tryouts. Everyone is looking out for themselves. Middy and attackers just going to goal every time. No passing. Defenders don’t really get a fair shake.
If middies & attackers are going to goal then how are defenders not getting a fair shake-they have to defend that girl going to goal? If attackers are going to goal, then a midie had to be making a pass? It’s no different then UA or any other tryout really.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the American Select tryout? I know there was going to be a good turnout. Did it look like fair selections were made?

Very unorganized. 3-4 hours of full field scrimmages on one field for the 25’s. One girl running the two teams that were on the field. The other two teams just sitting on the sidelines doing nothing. Evaluators on their phones for most of the time not looking up to see what is happening on the field. Middies looking out for themselves, taking the ball to goal every time. Attackers and defenders not getting a fair look due to selfishness and lack of passing by middies. Complete waste of money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, evaluators were not even watching the girls most of the time. Girls who got the ball and ran down the filed and scored (or tried to cram it) were most of the players who made it. It was the same middies each and every time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the American Select tryout? I know there was going to be a good turnout. Did it look like fair selections were made?

Very unorganized. 3-4 hours of full field scrimmages on one field for the 25’s. One girl running the two teams that were on the field. The other two teams just sitting on the sidelines doing nothing. Evaluators on their phones for most of the time not looking up to see what is happening on the field. Middies looking out for themselves, taking the ball to goal every time. Attackers and defenders not getting a fair look due to selfishness and lack of passing by middies. Complete waste of money.
Sounds so very similar to UA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, I thought it would be more organized. At least have access to 2 full fields, girls should not be sitting around for 15-20 mins. I thought there would be more evaluators and more drill stations. It's tough to see everyone, except middies on a full field scrimmage.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those girls didn't get "blackballed". They weren't good FH players to begin with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s tryouts. Everyone is looking out for themselves. Middy and attackers just going to goal every time. No passing. Defenders don’t really get a fair shake.

Very true, defenders don’t get a good look unless they are making big stops or snagging passes out of the air.

Surprised to read that there was so much chaos with these try outs, I know the organizers had hoped these be non-bias, non daddy/mommy/coach ball. I truly hope the evaluators they chose were better than mentioned on here or this new event won’t have much of a lifespan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t respond to a nutter like that. Especially not to trash 14yo girls that are easily identifiable. It’s a small community. Have some decorum. You stepped right below the bar set by the goof before you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who the evaluators were? I'm always suprised at the choice of some of the eval. in the past.
I'm sorry to hear the disappointment in the structure of the tryouts. I detest it when they just dump the teams together and just say play. Someone always gets overlooked and theres always that one girl who plays so selfishly. Thats why they should insist on a drill portion.
If you decide to go on the UA, just remember to play for yourself,
leave the girl your defending to get the girl with the ball.
Do extreme boxing-out. Break ankles. Yell.
Dont go to X, becasue you wont really get passed to. Be the cutter.
Double girls.
Register as a middie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You forgot a major key. Teammates help teammates too. That’s not invidious though. It’s more familiarity.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn’t really matter who the evaluators were because at the end of the day they didn’t watch! There was no need to keep the girls there for 4 hours when the evaluators paid no attention the the field at all, sat on their jerks in the grass with their faces buried in their phones... probably got paid good $$ too. At least at UA they “pretend” to watch the fields.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the AU Futures does not get all the publicity that UA and AS get, but it was run very well. The evaluators actually watched the entire time and they ran good drills plus had scrimmages. Professional Lacrosse players were a lot of the evaluators and did a great job. Seems like lots of top girls from all the top teams tried out and made it. Just heard that this was not the same for AS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AU futures selections were awful! Have you seen the girls they selected!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, they selected the same top four or five M&D players that just made the AS as well as a few top players from Skywalker's and Hero's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the teams been announced for AS and AU? Where can one see these?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets just say they took about 15 midfielders, and didn't look at any other positions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL final four is all set. Pride vs MnD 8AM and HOCO vs Heros 9AM? Can the Pride take down MnD? Will the HOCO magic continue vs Heros? I think the top seeds have to be favored. Long layoffs for Heros last game May 9th might come out rusty/ sloppy, can HOCO get early lead on them? I will say early lead by Hoco is critical for their chances. MnD only tested by sky walkers this year. I think Pride is athletic enough and has a really good goalie to test MnD. 8AM start coming from NOVA might foul them up. Predictions- Hoco early lead evaporates late and HOCO gives up a couple late ones 8-5. MnD gets early lead and uses tactics to hold off a Pride comeback to win 7-6. I predict Heros wins the Sunday final as they dominate the draw to win 9-5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told by a 23 parent that they had 8 to 10 evaluators on sidelines. Clearly, 25’s and 24’s weren’t focused on. We had maybe 3. Definitely needed more workers to help out with 25 and 24’s. They seemed to just place girls on one team and let the Lord of the Flies take over. My pet peeve was there was thunder and lightning in the distance and they didn’t clear the fields. Soccer did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL final four is all set. Pride vs MnD 8AM and HOCO vs Heros 9AM? Can the Pride take down MnD? Will the HOCO magic continue vs Heros? I think the top seeds have to be favored. Long layoffs for Heros last game May 9th might come out rusty/ sloppy, can HOCO get early lead on them? I will say early lead by Hoco is critical for their chances. MnD only tested by sky walkers this year. I think Pride is athletic enough and has a really good goalie to test MnD. 8AM start coming from NOVA might foul them up. Predictions- Hoco early lead evaporates late and HOCO gives up a couple late ones 8-5. MnD gets early lead and uses tactics to hold off a Pride comeback to win 7-6. I predict Heros wins the Sunday final as they dominate the draw to win 9-5.

For HoCo, need to do better on draw to have a chance at beating Heros. Last few of their games have seen low % draw wins, lots of forced passes and mostly 1v1 offense. Not sure that will work against Hero's which historically have eaten HoCo's lunch, although stranger things have happened, and perhaps there is some magic left for HoCo, but would be nice if they could rely on good old fashioned, coached at a high level, lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For HoCo, need to do better on draw to have a chance at beating Heros. Last few of their games have seen low % draw wins, lots of forced passes and mostly 1v1 offense. Not sure that will work against Hero's which historically have eaten HoCo's lunch, although stranger things have happened, and perhaps there is some magic left for HoCo, but would be nice if they could rely on good old fashioned, coached at a high level, lacrosse.

Yeah, none of that worked for HoCo. More Cowbell by HC!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should have heard the HoCo parents on the upper deck. Some dads were livid with coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if there is an (attempted) exodus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is it called when the draw girl gets the possession, but after it hits ground and turns into GB? Is it still winning the draw? There’s not a stat for winning possessions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is it called when the draw girl gets the possession, but after it hits ground and turns into GB? Is it still winning the draw? There’s not a stat for winning possessions

Won draw even if not clean in the air.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should have heard the HoCo parents on the upper deck. Some dads were livid with coaching. Wouldn't be surprised if there is an (attempted) exodus.

Truth is kids that are serious about lax and can do it , should look at clubs that fit their kids. Better coaching , better competition. Hoco is a bargain as far as price but will never change philosophy to compete with bid dogs consistently. The 25 team won’t be only Hoco team that will have top players looking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess Integrity Green is realizing dropping into the B bracket doesnt' hide the weaknesses. They had the easy ride all season. SW versus Hero's white teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Technically - Draw won, Turnover/CT, Ground ball....

Unless there is no true possession. If they don't get a cradle or 2 for instance. If they just hit it away and it goes to the ground it's not a draw win stat, that goes to whoever gets the GB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth is kids that are serious about lax and can do it , should look at clubs that fit their kids. Better coaching , better competition. Hoco is a bargain as far as price but will never change philosophy to compete with bid dogs consistently. The 25 team won’t be only Hoco team that will have top players looking.

Yeah, makes sense what you say, but too bad as it doesn’t seem like it would take much from the coaches/organization to get competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to M&D for win today. But those were the worst refs anyone has ever seen. Parents on both teams shocked by terrible calls. Who calls a dangerous shot if you hit the goalie with the ball at this age? Who gives a technical foul for a team wearing eye black? Both teams had it on and M&D wiped it off as their coach complained on Hero's to the ref........Ref called illegal cradle when girl did face dodge......seriously????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Integrity Green belongs in the B bracket. All Integrity teams belong in the B bracket. Only reason to stay with Integrity is to seamlessly play Varsity for Spalding. HC at Spalding uses Integrity as her feeder. All you need to do is look at how Spalding did in the IAAM this season to see how this is working out for them.

I guess Integrity Green is realizing dropping into the B bracket doesnt' hide the weaknesses. They had the easy ride all season. SW versus Hero's white teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was great to watch the game with so many referees in the stands. They were bad but never put yourself in a position where the refs can impact the game. Dangerous shot because it caught a piece of the mask. You might need a few more classes before you get your whistle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was great to watch the game with so many referees in the stands. They were bad but never put yourself in a position where the refs can impact the game. Dangerous shot because it caught a piece of the mask. You might need a few more classes before you get your whistle.

That’s not a rule anymore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to M&D for win today. But those were the worst refs anyone has ever seen. Parents on both teams shocked by terrible calls. Who calls a dangerous shot if you hit the goalie with the ball at this age? Who gives a technical foul for a team wearing eye black? Both teams had it on and M&D wiped it off as their coach complained on Hero's to the ref........Ref called illegal cradle when girl did face dodge......seriously????

Eyeblack can by a single line only. Not covering a cheek. Difference was heros girls had it as face paint. Coach used it as a free draw possession. Smart coaching. The yellow right after that was the killer and not the refs fault.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smart call on the eye black!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eyeblack can by a single line only. Not covering a cheek. Difference was heros girls had it as face paint. Coach used it as a free draw possession. Smart coaching. The yellow right after that was the killer and not the refs fault.

Been a rule for a a few years now too and the coaches should have known better. Any smart coach that see's the other team clearly have more than a line uses it to their advantage, especially in a game like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never put yourself in a position where the refs can impact the game?? Really? The female ref literally single-handedly changed the course of the game, calling crazy penalties to ensure M&D got the ball. Watch the tape- it is all there. It would have been comical if it was not so ridiculous. And why not call for an eye black penalty when you know the refs will side with you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Been a rule for a a few years now too and the coaches should have known better. Any smart coach that see's the other team clearly have more than a line uses it to their advantage, especially in a game like this.

Agreed and I bet M&D didn’t have it on illegally if their coach was gonna point it out! Heros coach got lazy in enforcing but I bet it won’t happen again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I swear, NGLL has a history of putting their worst refs on the championship weekend games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not suggesting the refs were great, but that’s not the reason why Hero’s lost. M&D is a deeper team than Hero’s and it was clear on a hot afternoon. Great players on both sides, but there are more “great” players on an M&D and you could tell it today. Great coaching with the eye black, might seem ticky tack but know the rule. I’m sure M&D will make sure everyone’s stick is legal and no eye black next time they play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to both teams... not a parent of either but M&D played great today and were the better team on the field.but it’s too bad the refs took the game out off the field... too many whistles, illegal cradle call on a fast break, horrible dangerous shot call and IMO the eyeblack move was low class by the coaches ... act like you’ve been there before!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree - Heros has some great middies! But defense and attack need some jolt of speed.

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 58 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard