BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 63 of 220 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
thats what happens and she does it often... National Draw for instance. she has them in her pocket... open your eyes.

Conspiracy theory again, my child plays TG and even I think you guys are ridiculous. If she controls so much of National draws scheduling then explain to me how YJ 2016 blue,YJ 2017 blue, TG 2016 black, Suffolk allstars 2016, MD black 2016 all ended up on same side of bracket last year with YJ 2016 drawing MD 2016 (eventual champ) in first round. Yes someone switched a 2020 yj team from playing TG 2018 ,did we really want to play a team 2 years and in some cases 3 years younger .The conspiracy is getting old ,if either side were that anxious to play the other they would make it happen.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's a showcase, who cares?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's basically their full roster so I don't understand that comment. Is CR putting that many teams in Summer Classic that the Maryland organizers would change everything just to keep her there? There are plenty of Maryland and other teams out there to play. Don't insult Maryland or any other tournament organizers to think that the all powerful CR tells them who, what, where and when.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Don't insult Maryland or any other tournament organizers to think that the all powerful CR tells them who, what, where and when.
BOTC agrees. Based on conversations with staff in Maryland, it would be easier to say "take a hike" to the Yellow Jackets than re-rig the schedule and undermine the Maryland brand as a recruiting base.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Maryland lax parent and I don't follow Long Island lacrosse very closely but I found a bit perplexing this weekend when I saw the YJ 16 Defo bracket. They were essentially the only "top" team in a "B" bracket and therefore had to play a play-in game to make the quarterfinals. All of the other "top teams" were awarded a bye in the first round because of stiffer competition in the bracket play. It would seem to me like the tourney officials knew what they were doing by giving YJ an easier road to the playoffs. In the play-in game, the score was something like 11-0? So YJ played one more game than the others but it was a breeze to the quarters..just telling it like it is..the combined score of YJ's bracket play plus play-in game was 49-3...I repeat, 49-3! Hmmm

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you noticed that too??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Maryland lax parent and I don't follow Long Island lacrosse very closely but I found a bit perplexing this weekend when I saw the YJ 16 Defo bracket. They were essentially the only "top" team in a "B" bracket and therefore had to play a play-in game to make the quarterfinals. All of the other "top teams" were awarded a bye in the first round because of stiffer competition in the bracket play. It would seem to me like the tourney officials knew what they were doing by giving YJ an easier road to the playoffs. In the play-in game, the score was something like 11-0? So YJ played one more game than the others but it was a breeze to the quarters..just telling it like it is..the combined score of YJ's bracket play plus play-in game was 49-3...I repeat, 49-3! Hmmm

Have been doing travel for many years... The directors of the tourneys want playoff games to be between certain teams that's why brackets are done as they are

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assuming that you know why teams were placed where they were would be like me assuming you are missing teeth because you are from Maryland which would be ignorant.You seem to like a conspiracy theory so compare schedules from 11:00 on.
M&D 1:30, 3:00, 3:45
YJ 11:00, 11:30, 12:30, 1:00, 1:30, 2:15, 3:00, 3:45
I repeat Hmmm!!
The difference is I am stating facts , the other fact M&D deserved to win they played a better and smarter game.Congrats to them and enough with the conspiracy nonsense any nut job can find something in nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares - please take this over to the YJ board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the nat draw schedule will change , coy and paste the brackets, and you will see

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like the TG 2019 teams are in the same bracket as the YJ 2019 teams for Nat Draw, but are not scheduled to play each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i wonder why. CR is why

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i wonder why. CR is why

Or maybe the people that run national draw figured the teams from the same area would rather play teams from different areas and that if the two long island teams wanted to play they would do so.Feel free to ask some of your TG 2019 parents if your team was asked to play by 2019 YJ coach last year.Maybe your TG coaches realize that it may be best if the teams do not play because the kids parents have so much animosity toward YJ and CR in particular that nothing good will come out of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I so agree unless no parents where allowed at game I truley dont think any good would come out of it.Listen they r 2 very talented teams cant we just leave it like that.I am all for competition its the parents that would ruin it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only time a yJ #1 team will play a topgun team is when CR knows that she can beat them easily. otherwise she will do everything in her power to avoid topguns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only time a yJ #1 team will play a topgun team is when CR knows that she can beat them easily. otherwise she will do everything in her power to avoid topguns.

Yeah because they are soooo dangerous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i wonder why. CR is why

Or maybe the people that run national draw figured the teams from the same area would rather play teams from different areas and that if the two long island teams wanted to play they would do so.Feel free to ask some of your TG 2019 parents if your team was asked to play by 2019 YJ coach last year.Maybe your TG coaches realize that it may be best if the teams do not play because the kids parents have so much animosity toward YJ and CR in particular that nothing good will come out of it.

Who cares if they ever play? Why is this such a concern? They both think they are the better team and will always believe it's the other team backing away. Who cares? Plenty of other good lacrosse going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they are too good just like that player who got cut from the national team ,she was too good so they did not want her to show up the best players in the country,too funny.

Predictions

2020--TG
2019--TG
2018--YJ
2017--MD. Mainly bc no YJ
2016--MD
2015--YJ
2014 YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they are too good just like that player who got cut from the national team ,she was too good so they did not want her to show up the best players in the country,too funny.

Predictions

2020--TG
2019--TG
2018--YJ
2016--MD
2015--YJ
2014 YJ
How many daughters do you have? Obviously not one in the 2015 age group where Skywalkers is the #1 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now I am starting to think that SS, CR and the rest of the club directors are powerless dictating the schedules to the tournament directors, at least at the national draw. Just finished looking at all the brackets and matches for all the ages and tournament champions will be decided during pool play. It is odd to see the top YJ, TG and M&D teams all in the same pool especially in the younger ages. Only one team will get out of the pool to the playoffs, meanwhile there are many weak pools that will put crappy teams into the playoffs. It happens in nearly every age group. Somehow even within the same pools, YJ and TG never get matched up. Got to look up the advance from pool, I think it is fewest goals against advances. M&D might be the worst off having to play TG and YJ in some pools whereas YJ and TG only play M&D once, M&D are screwed. Whatever happened to the better teams getting seeded in opposite brackets so that the strong teams meet deep in the playoffs? 2 of the top five teams in the tournament wont even make it out of pool play, just a horrible job by tournament directors, hopefully we will see some massive schedule changes to avoid this stupidity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

2020--TG
2019--TG
2018--YJ
2016--MD
2015--YJ
2014 YJ
How many daughters do you have? Obviously not one in the 2015 age group where Skywalkers is the #1 team.

Actually these were predictions for national draw, that being said even if sky walkers were there I would have picked YJ at the 2015 age group.Yes I watched the game in Florida and was happy sky walkers won but without those yellow cards it did not look like it was going to go their way.Just a prediction so relax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

2020--TG
2019--TG
2018--YJ
2016--MD
2015--YJ
2014 YJ

How can you make predictions like this? My daughter plays for 2020 black and I have no idea how good they might be. Are you scouting 2020 teams from Other states.
Lets just go and compete and let the girls leave it all on the field, win or lose.
Good luck to everyone this week, all teams, and all ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now I am starting to think that SS, CR and the rest of the club directors are powerless dictating the schedules to the tournament directors, at least at the national draw. Just finished looking at all the brackets and matches for all the ages and tournament champions will be decided during pool play. It is odd to see the top YJ, TG and M&D teams all in the same pool especially in the younger ages. Only one team will get out of the pool to the playoffs, meanwhile there are many weak pools that will put crappy teams into the playoffs. It happens in nearly every age group. Somehow even within the same pools, YJ and TG never get matched up. Got to look up the advance from pool, I think it is fewest goals against advances. M&D might be the worst off having to play TG and YJ in some pools whereas YJ and TG only play M&D once, M&D are screwed. Whatever happened to the better teams getting seeded in opposite brackets so that the strong teams meet deep in the playoffs? 2 of the top five teams in the tournament wont even make it out of pool play, just a horrible job by tournament directors, hopefully we will see some massive schedule changes to avoid this stupidity.

Good and bad. Format addresses the problem of pool play blow-outs we see at most tourneys and, the most minutes are played in pool games. Probably end-up with some playoff laughers though.

Didn't notice but it does seem to stack the deck somewhat against M&D but, unlike other teams, they have more control. Win all their games and there's no way they'll have to worry about tie breakers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I agree the bracket is perplexing, M&D is far from screwed. They are a very good team and have beat the YJ team every time they played them. Whoever makes it out of this bracket will have no trouble, IMO, of beating whoever they play in championship. Still not as exciting as a championship game between two top programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

2020--TG
2019--TG
2018--YJ
2016--MD
2015--YJ
2014 YJ

How can you make predictions like this? My daughter plays for 2020 black and I have no idea how good they might be. Are you scouting 2020 teams from Other states.
Lets just go and compete and let the girls leave it all on the field, win or lose.

First off they are predictions so stop being so politically correct, and just because you have no idea how good the team can be doesn't mean I don't.You are going to look like a moron when they win the tournament, the only thing that will hurt this team is there are some difficult parents and the politics will be an issue in a hurry.Another prediction they win this weekends tournament.If you want to know the reasons for said predictions I can give you many.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

2020--TG
2019--TG
2018--YJ
2016--MD
2015--YJ
2014 YJ

First off they are predictions so stop being so politically correct, and just because you have no idea how good the team can be doesn't mean I don't.You are going to look like a moron when they win the tournament, the only thing that will hurt this team is there are some difficult parents and the politics will be an issue in a hurry.Another prediction they win this weekends tournament.If you want to know the reasons for said predictions I can give you many.

look like a moron if they win? No, that'll make me happy, as I said my daughter is on that team. So if they don't win does that make you a moron? I'm not making predictions, and all I said was how do you know how good the other teams are? Did YJ, and TG sweep all these age divisions last year? If they did that's amazing. it's easy to go out on a limb and predict something when you don't put a name to it, don't be so defensive I didn't attack you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI, for anyone predicting that M&D 2017 would lose to YJ '17 you don't have a clue. The m&D '17s are easily one of the best all-around m&D teams out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions

2020--TG
2019--TG
2018--YJ
2016--MD
2015--YJ
2014 YJ

look like a moron if they win? No, that'll make me happy, as I said my daughter is on that team. So if they don't win does that make you a moron? I'm not making predictions, and all I said was how do you know how good the other teams are? Did YJ, and TG sweep all these age divisions last year? If they did that's amazing. it's easy to go out on a limb and predict something when you don't put a name to it, don't be so defensive I didn't attack you.

Yes its easy to say whatever you feel when you are anonymous like you just did, isn't that the point of why these boards are anonymous.The teams at the 2020 age group are not that good yet and I believe our TG team is , I also believe our coach will play to win which many teams at this age don't really do.Yj team at this age is good but the talent is really divided between their top two teams ours is not.See you this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI, for anyone predicting that M&D 2017 would lose to YJ '17 you don't have a clue. The m&D '17s are easily one of the best all-around m&D teams out there.

The 2017 YJ teams happen to be one of the best YJ teams out there so that prediction stands.Not sure if these two teams have ever played but the YJ 2017 team has never lost in their own age group as far as I know so don't act like your 2017 MD team is unbeatable.Only a clueless person would think their team is unbeatable and again its just a prediction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously CR doesn't agree with you. If she thought her YJ 17 would beat MD 17 then she would have them go to Nat Draw. Instead, they are going to a tournament in Mass under the guise of qualifying for the U15 tournament in Florida. Everybody knows a top team like the YJ 17 would receive an at-large bid to compete down there anyway. Not sure if these 2 teams have played before but that would be a great game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously CR doesn't agree with you. If she thought her YJ 17 would beat MD 17 then she would have them go to Nat Draw. Instead, they are going to a tournament in Mass under the guise of qualifying for the U15 tournament in Florida. Everybody knows a top team like the YJ 17 would receive an at-large bid to compete down there anyway. Not sure if these 2 teams have played before but that would be a great game.

Only 2016 get at-large bid. They will be competing against 2016 this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They rarely attend the same tournaments, gotta figure that all changes when they enter High School and start attending the big Showcase/Recruiting tournaments. IMO, top to bottom, the two most successful girls clubs in the country so I doubt either club ducks anyone for fear of losing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]the only time a yJ #1 team will play a topgun team is when CR knows that she can beat them easily. otherwise she will do everything in her power to avoid topguns.

Predictions

2020--TG
2019--TG
2018--YJ
2016--MD
2015--YJ
2014 YJ

Yes its easy to say whatever you feel when you are anonymous like you just did, isn't that the point of why these boards are anonymous.The teams at the 2020 age group are not that good yet and I believe our TG team is , I also believe our coach will play to win which many teams at this age don't really do.Yj team at this age is good but the talent is really divided between their top two teams ours is not.See you this weekend.

If the top 2 YJ 2020 are evenly balanced why has the blue team beaten them everytime they've played. The TG 2020 team plays to win? They haven't played in a tournament yet. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they went to another tournament to avoid playing your MD team, get over yourself .Do you actually believe this or just being obnoxious.When you say everyone knows something that is false it just makes you look ignorant.By the way my kids play TG and even I think your reasoning is silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That top gun parent is clueless, who doesn't play to win My kid is on YJ B team and they only played the blue team once in the Beach Bums tourney last year and they beat us good. . We have good players , but blue has a lot more than we do. I have no idea what that TG parent is basing his knowledge of the 2020 division, but we will see pretty soon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]the only time a yJ #1 team will play a topgun team is when CR knows that she can beat them easily. otherwise she will do everything in her power to avoid topguns.

Predictions

2020--TG
2019--TG
2018--YJ
2016--MD
2015--YJ
2014 YJ

If the top 2 YJ 2020 are evenly balanced why has the blue team beaten them everytime they've played. The TG 2020 team plays to win? They haven't played in a tournament yet. LOL

Blue 2020 team is hands down a better squad, but that does not mean that a few girls from lesser club don't belong on blue. Seen it all winter and spring at practice, besides poor fielding and throwing the way every thing seems to stop when they get ball does not make for good lax. Hopefully they won't wait all summer to bring up a few girls. It's not funny any more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually said I believe our coach will play to win, I believe that because that is what he told me.If you actually had a first grade reading level you would have realized this.Again your just proving that my predictions are on the mark ,the only thing that will ruin this team is some of the annoying parents, by the way other TG parents schedules are changed for this weekend .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually said I believe our coach will play to win, I believe that because that is what he told me.If you actually had a first grade reading level you would have realized this.Again your just proving that my predictions are on the mark ,the only thing that will ruin this team is some of the annoying parents, by the way other TG parents schedules are changed for this weekend .

It's frightening if you are really an adult and a parent of a 2020 child. I find it humorous that you are insulting this poster about a first grade reading level, when you have not mastered the your/you're rules in your adult life. Oh, and your comment about "annoying parents," I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a college-educated conclusion that you may be just one of those parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go again, last year it was the 2019 parents on here bubbling over, now the 2020 parents have taken the torch. I get 19 team looks extremely strong, 20 you better wait and see, yes they have a lot of very talented girls, but you gtta see if they can play like a team or will it be ball hoggin going to goal?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2017 YJ teams happen to be one of the best YJ teams out there so that prediction stands.Not sure if these two teams have ever played but the YJ 2017 team has never lost in their own age group as far as I know so don't act like your 2017 MD team is unbeatable.Only a clueless person would think their team is unbeatable and again its just a prediction.

The 2017 YJ (Bert) team lost to 2017 Lady Roc Yellow at the 2012 Long Island elite showcase.

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 220 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard