BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 162 of 214 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayport and Sayville are in the same division this year. Sayville moved to C. West Islip moved to B as well as WHB moved to B

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bayport and Sayville are in the same division this year. Sayville moved to C. West Islip moved to B as well as WHB moved to B

Did any schools move down to D?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cold Spring Harbor

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayport vs ESM, how is this game gonna play out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP wins by 6 goals

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP wins by 6 goals

ESM doesn’t have the firepower that BBP has, and BBP has more depth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’ll see. That’s why we play the games! Great stuff after nada last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like every year at BBP.

BBP is always stacked. This year is different. There is a new coach in the mix and he makes a difference. The other coach can't get off LI with the best of the best players handed to him year after year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
moved to D?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville has been in C. They didn’t move

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayport is really good and Mt Sinai is not. It’s called talent. Bayport has a lot of it. We’ll see how the new coach helps. Unlike Mattituck where it was basically 1 super talented Family, he’ll have to manage several there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayport is set to run the table. Mt Sinai or anyone else doesn't have a chance unless they come up with some creative coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayport is set to run the table. Mt Sinai or anyone else doesn't have a chance unless they come up with some creative coaching.
Garden City has some creative coaching this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Bayport is set to run the table. Mt Sinai or anyone else doesn't have a chance unless they come up with some creative coaching.

GC really took it to Massapequa yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Bayport is set to run the table. Mt Sinai or anyone else doesn't have a chance unless they come up with some creative coaching.

(laughing so hard I am crying emoji)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All you need to beat Bayport is a good 12 man ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We shouldn't even play the rest of the year BBP is too good just give them the title and let's move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having no shot clock destroys HS lax. When will it end? Ridiculous and boring! At the very least, refs should call delay of game. Some teams stall for the entire second half!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We shouldn't even play the rest of the year BBP is too good just give them the title and let's move on.
Not sure who will win "c" division in Suffolk, but BBP is likely the favorite as of now. But I will make one prediction, whoever wins the "C" division will not be undefeated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mt Sinai will dethrone BBP today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, parents giving absurd money to club teams and “showcases” to get an athletic scholarship. Go back and read the tread.
That’s nice you want a great education or your kids, but most people do it for their kids to actually “play” at the next level. You don’t need to “use” lacrosse to get into those schools you just know it is the easiest route to do so...point made.
Yes, parents giving absurd money to club teams and “showcases” to get an athletic scholarship. Go back and read the tread.
That’s nice you want a great education or your kids, but most people do it for their kids to actually “play” at the next level. You don’t need to “use” lacrosse to get into those schools you just know it is the easiest route to do so...point made.
ehhh i don’t know about that. Live in 1 of the 2 top lax towns in Nassau and can tell you that I have seen 2 generations of (in both towns) HS Lax >>> Ivy League lax>> Wall St>> profit ( with another generation on the horizon)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you spelled lose to wrong 🤔

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL...alotta mediocre lacrosse being played in suffolk. Division B, C, D...lol okie solid guys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very perplexed how Center Moriches girls own every stat on Long Island Stat sheet but are 4-3 with almost even of Goal differential. Seems Head coach is reporting every breath as a stat to help girls. ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mt S. took a beatdown. Very mediocre players on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL that is because his daughters are on the team ~ leading goal scorer and has crazy assists every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very perplexed how Center Moriches girls own every stat on Long Island Stat sheet but are 4-3 with almost even of Goal differential. Seems Head coach is reporting every breath as a stat to help girls. ????

Help girls with what? High School Stats do not help with anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ehhh i don’t know about that. Live in 1 of the 2 top lax towns in Nassau and can tell you that I have seen 2 generations of (in both towns) HS Lax >>> Ivy League lax>> Wall St>> profit ( with another generation on the horizon)

Exactly, lacrosse helps in so many ways. Our daughters have even more opportunities than our sons. On the boys side there is too much talent, more players than spots. On the girls side however, there are many more available spots. Off the top of my head, Columbia, Stanford, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Boston College, USC, Cal, Florida, Arizona State, Va Tech, Louisville, Colorado, Oregon etc... all have women’s varsity lacrosse. I realize there are many others but those schools would certainly be very attractive and provide great opportunities to the boys. Be thankful, the girls have so many great opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to take more than stats on a crappy HS team to get recognized and recruited to a good school. Truth is what you do in big games against top competition. There these "stat leaders" fall apart. Nobody is that dense here!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to take more than stats on a crappy HS team to get recognized and recruited to a good school. Truth is what you do in big games against top competition. There these "stat leaders" fall apart. Nobody is that dense here!

I would also add that it is much harder to get big stat numbers when the the team has many solid players who play lax correctly and share the ball. When there is only 1-2 talented girls on a team, they will score all the goals and look better than their numbers suggest in many cases. Look at the stats for the powerhouse teams and you will see that its not just one girl scoring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches, especially at the “good schools” (whatever that means) do very little (if any) recruiting at HS games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would also add that it is much harder to get big stat numbers when the the team has many solid players who play lax correctly and share the ball. When there is only 1-2 talented girls on a team, they will score all the goals and look better than their numbers suggest in many cases. Look at the stats for the powerhouse teams and you will see that its not just one girl scoring.

Exactly this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly this.

Exactly this.

Does anyone know or have a source to the max amount of players (girls) a NY State (Long Island) HS team is allowed to have? Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly this.

Exactly this.

Does anyone know or have a source to the max amount of players (girls) a NY State (Long Island) HS team is allowed to have? Thank you.

I have never heard that NY State regulates the roster size of HS lacrosse teams.

Did the coach tell you there was a limit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly this.

Talented only in respect to the other girls on their own team, and the poor teams they play. As far as related to the other top girls on LI, not even close. But this is a result of the schedule they play, they get opportunities to run scores up on really bad teams. But this is very typical of these HS point lists every year. No disrespect to these other teams about to be mentioned, but C Moriches plays mattituck, Babylon, Deer Park, Islip, Bellport, Port Jeff, Hampton Bays, Elwood.John Glenn. If the Bayport were playing this schedule, half the girls on the roster would have 200 points in the stat sheet already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly this.

Talented only in respect to the other girls on their own team, and the poor teams they play. As far as related to the other top girls on LI, not even close. But this is a result of the schedule they play, they get opportunities to run scores up on really bad teams. But this is very typical of these HS point lists every year. No disrespect to these other teams about to be mentioned, but C Moriches plays mattituck, Babylon, Deer Park, Islip, Bellport, Port Jeff, Hampton Bays, Elwood.John Glenn. If the Bayport were playing this schedule, half the girls on the roster would have 200 points in the stat sheet already.

Well that is why there are divisions based on school size. When you can produce a good solid team when you have possibly 50 girls in a grade that is divided over multiple sports you can't expect them to compete regularly with schools with hundreds of kids. I can't vouch on who these girls are or how the team is but I presume they are competitive within the small schools and would have a harder time with the big schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Center Moriches has an average of 145 students per grade 9-12. BBP has an average of 185, Mt. Sinai 195, Sayville 245 and Northport 495 just to give an idea of too programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you thoughts on 7/8 grade girls playing varsity? You already have a ton of girls in 9-12 grade that want to play lacrosse, why are you taking spots away from them for girls that don't even attend the high school yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what are you thoughts on 7/8 grade girls playing varsity? You already have a ton of girls in 9-12 grade that want to play lacrosse, why are you taking spots away from them for girls that don't even attend the high school yet.

My daughter is in 8th and plays. She fits right in talent wise, but the older girls get nasty and jealous when she scores. they don't want an 8th grader taking stats from them. Comes from the parents I'm sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Even if they are good enough let them play with their class than they can move on a play 4 years with the HS team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 162 of 214 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard