BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 74 of 97 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1. Mamo
2. Iona Prep
3. Town
4. Bcliff
5. Bville
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pville
9. Scars
10. Step

Why even put Iona Prep in rankings. They get to pull from all those towns so its not apples to apples. Rank them against the private school competition in the area 1- Wick, 2- St Anthony's 3- Chaminade 4- Iona Prep. 5- RCDS 6-Fairfield Prep 7- Stepinac 8-Kellenberg 9- Fordham 10- does it matter

True. Sick of how polls and rankings, even a random dad post like this, includes private schools with their recruiting. It is not apples to apples. Just keep them separate.

1. Mamo
2. Town
3. Bcliff
4. Bville
5. Scars
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pelham
9. Byram
10. JJ

Well these rankings changed today.
True dat, as the youth say

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Mamo
2. Iona Prep
3. Town
4. Bcliff
5. Bville
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pville
9. Scars
10. Step

Why even put Iona Prep in rankings. They get to pull from all those towns so its not apples to apples. Rank them against the private school competition in the area 1- Wick, 2- St Anthony's 3- Chaminade 4- Iona Prep. 5- RCDS 6-Fairfield Prep 7- Stepinac 8-Kellenberg 9- Fordham 10- does it matter

True. Sick of how polls and rankings, even a random dad post like this, includes private schools with their recruiting. It is not apples to apples. Just keep them separate.

1. Mamo
2. Town
3. Bcliff
4. Bville
5. Scars
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pelham
9. Byram
10. JJ

Well these rankings changed today.
True dat, as the youth say

I don’t think they do. I have no idea what they say but I’m pretty sure it’s not “true dat” I can ask my son but then I open myself up to a long, arduous conversation about what “true dat” means and why I’m even asking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty quiet from the Mamo peanut gallery. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty quiet from the Mamo peanut gallery. Best of luck the rest of the way.

No idea who is "best team". Forget ranking these teams. Just group them. This is sort of year when any given game can go one way or the other for certain teams. Good for everybody.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well now we don't have to hear about Yorktown's greatness, Rye was clearly the better team yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well now we don't have to hear about Yorktown's greatness, Rye was clearly the better team yesterday.

I have no horse in this race. But with an overtime win by one goal I think we can take the word "clearly" out of the analysis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I’m one of the 2-3 people posting about Y ducking Mamo this year and I’m not from Mamo.
I posted the non-secret and confirmed the last game played was in Y in 2019. Clearly (pun intended), Y decided not to go down to Mamo this year. Is Y playing any non-regional opponents this season? If so, why didn’t they schedule Mamo, if traveling and COVID was an issue for them. The non-regional opponent would raise the same concerns about Covid exposure.

Y continues to flex of the weaker programs; the combined score for the first 4 games is: 61-12.

They won a nail-biter against L/P, where they were up 6-1 in the 1stQ (and played like Princeton from the 90’s)
They lose another nail-biter, where they were up 5-2.

Last time Y lost to a section 1 team (JJ) was back in 2018.

Y has two more good games on the schedule; B’cliff and Bville. Could this be the year that Y’s dominance is shaken to the core?

I’ve said it before, I think it’s time for a new coach at Y. For the record, I’ve been a fan of Y teams from the 80’-90’s and early 00’s. So many GREAT guys and players from that era.

Talking about getting rid of a coach, JJ will not find a better coach than Tim Schurr in the near future. Nick will not take the HC role there. Maybe JJ is just coming back down to reality from a bunch of good grades under Sav.

Can you list the dozen or so JJ players that have gone to the private school side? Hopefully you won’t mention any Harvey players, because they would be going to H for other reasons.

Also, I said before to watch out for B’cliff this year!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Two interesting games on today's schedule:

Pleasantville at Briarcliff,

Lakeland/Panas at Fox Lane

Hope the P'ville game isn't a trap door, after a big win against Mamo. P'ville & B'cliff are so close, wonder how much animonsity there is between to programs.

L/P should win by 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly other teams in the section are catching up to Yorktown. It was only a matter of time. Other towns have mirrored the youth program and travel ball amplifies the spread of good competition. It was odd for Yorktown to dominate for so long. Perhaps Section 1 becomes more like Long Island where there is a lot more parity but at a very high level. For Long Island teams getting out of the section is brutal and in many instances is like a state final. I’d expect section 1 to follow that path. Also teams have good and bad years, it’s a bit random as to what kids play in what grade. A year ago everyone thought john Jay was the new power. Not much of that conversation right now. Town team talent can be hit or miss in a given year.

One point to consider regarding Yorktown. How many other teams would be as competitive after losing their best player for the season? Boyer isn’t just a good player but the number two recruit in the country going to Duke. He’s a difference maker and probably is a 4-5 goal swing every game. He scores 1 or 2 and locks down every teams best scorer effectively nullifying them. High odds that if he’s playing, this is a different conversation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely regarding Boyer, 4-5 goals could be a stretch but they probably would've beaten Rye yesterday. I feel bad for the kid given the missed opportunity.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have a spare 6 minutes and you want to be entertained watch the Keith Boyer highlight recruiting video on YouTube. Watch what he does to the offensive players from John Jay and Rye. And most of the rest of the video is against teams like Chaminade, St Anthony’s, Darien and Mercer Island where he was going against some of the best offensive players in the country.
Then keep in mind this video is of him as a Sophomore playing like this at Varsity
I’ll stick with 4 or 5 goal swing but adults can respect each other’s opinions smile
All joking aside the video is fun to watch!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fox Lane over L/P, What happened there?

B'cliff smackdown of P'ville is outright unfair. I expected better from P'ville, especially winning the State in 2018.

Today's predictions are:

Greeley over BH, but its a close game.

Y over Pac. If not, the coaching meltdown will begin.

Mamo over Rye, is likely since the loss to B'cliff and Rye's W over Y.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have a spare 6 minutes and you want to be entertained watch the Keith Boyer highlight recruiting video on YouTube. Watch what he does to the offensive players from John Jay and Rye. And most of the rest of the video is against teams like Chaminade, St Anthony’s, Darien and Mercer Island where he was going against some of the best offensive players in the country.
Then keep in mind this video is of him as a Sophomore playing like this at Varsity
I’ll stick with 4 or 5 goal swing but adults can respect each other’s opinions smile
All joking aside the video is fun to watch!

I did as noted. That was him as a sophomore! Unreal talent. He would be 4/5 goals a "game changer" especially with the lack of talent in Westchester it could even be more. Duke is getting a great one. A shame he could not compete for the past two years (Covid and an injury).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a decisive W for BH of Greeley!
Suffern isn't what it use to be, losing to TZ and NR.
mamaroneck beats down Rye, while Rye still is enjoying its win over Y. It looks like mamaroneck will coast through the rest of their schedule.

Games on today's schedule:
JJ v Somers;
B'ville x P'ville.

I'm going with S and B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a decisive W for BH of Greeley!
Suffern isn't what it use to be, losing to TZ and NR.
mamaroneck beats down Rye, while Rye still is enjoying its win over Y. It looks like mamaroneck will coast through the rest of their schedule.

Games on today's schedule:
JJ v Somers;
B'ville x P'ville.

I'm going with S and B

On the Rockland side, where there are only 9 teams, Suffern, North Rockland, Pearl River, and Tappan Zee are head and shoulders above the other 5 teams. Amongst these top 4, games are more or less toss ups. This dynamic should stay true for the next 5 years (or more) based on what is coming up. These 4 teams, while very good, won't beat a Westchester or LI blue blood unless the team is down (like John Jay this year), and will occasionally stub their toe verses a middle of the road Westchester team. The jersey catholic schools take some good players out of Rockland just like CT and Iona Prep does on the Westchester side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bcliff mamo and rye in a triangle of wins right now, who is best?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before anyone answers, consider the following schools classifications:
Mamo, A,
Rye, B, and
B'cliff C.

I think each team would have won the section I title, if it wasn't for COVID. But, my money is on B'cliff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree, with their strong zone on defense it is hard to score. Also, they have a combination of offensive players you'll rarely see from a class D team, I think they could've had a strong chance at the state championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought there were going to be section 1 playoffs ? just no states.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before anyone answers, consider the following schools classifications:
Mamo, A,
Rye, B, and
B'cliff C.

I think each team would have won the section I title, if it wasn't for COVID. But, my money is on B'cliff.

What is even more impressive about Briarcliff is that they have zero presence at the faceoff. They have a long pole take faceoffs. I think they went 5/30 at the faceoff and still only lost by 1 goal! However that is the reason I also don't see them taking the section. At the end of the day you need someone who can win a faceoff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BIG game for B'cliff tonight, 7PM in Yorktown.
If they lose, it's be a razor thin margin.

If they win, oh no! the Y faithful/disciples will be in denial.

There are three other interesting games too;
BH at Fox; BH should win.
Pac at Carmel; Pac should win
Arlington v Wappingers; Arlington should win

Saturday:
Mamo should roll over JJ

Sunday:
St Anthony's visiting Yorktown. With this game looming, i wonder how focused Y is with B'cliff for tonight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bcliff may not have the strongest presence at the faceoff x, but with good wing play and overall talent, they will likely take the small school section 1 championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possibly moving to the Nyack area for a new job. I have a 15 year Atk/Middie/Faceoff kid who will be a Sophomore in the fall. What are some of the best lacrosse HS in the area that I should have him attend to compete for states over the next 3 years? Also, what are the best club teams in the area. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Possibly moving to the Nyack area for a new job. I have a 15 year Atk/Middie/Faceoff kid who will be a Sophomore in the fall. What are some of the best lacrosse HS in the area that I should have him attend to compete for states over the next 3 years? Also, what are the best club teams in the area. Thanks in advance for the advice.

I would considered Don Bosco before any public HS in Rockland.

Top 4 clubs on the Westchester/Fairfield side are (alphabetically):
Eclipse
Predators
Prime Time
2Way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See post 331121 from a few days ago for some info on the Rockland programs. There are also 3 big catholic schools that are sports powerhouses - Bosco, Bergen and St Joe’s. Regarding club teams, all the best players play for either NJ or Westchester based teams. If your kid is truly elite Prime Time would be the best option but it’s a bit of a drive everyday to practice. Brotherhood, Riot, Patriot Stars and O2 are 4 NJ based programs that get a lot of Rockland kids which are much closer than Prime Time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would considered Don Bosco before any public HS in Rockland.

Top 4 clubs on the Westchester/Fairfield side are (alphabetically):
Eclipse
Predators
Prime Time
2Way

What level and club does he currently play for and whats your appetite for driving? .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From Friday/Saturday games:

Briarcliff 9, Yorktown 6

Mamaroneck 12, John Jay 5

How the mighy have fallen!

Y plays St. Anthony's today; I expect another LOSS for Y.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's 16, Yorktown 4;
That is an epic beat down.

Today’s games:
Scars at B’cliff: B’cliff by 5+
Iona at Fordham; IONA
B’ville at Mam;; mamo by 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B'cliff won 11-3, yikes.
Mamo over B'ville 14-9, as expected.

Today's games:
Byram at B'cliff: B'cliff should win by 4+

Somers over Fox Lane

Y will cruise over Carmel and should win by a lot, but since the Carmel coach is a Y legend, it is no more more than 11 goals.

Rye over Pelham

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lohud's top 10 ranking is fair.

Y #5 and L/P #6 are where they belong. Y also plays B'ville at the end of the season (06/02), could you imagine if they lose to them.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw some bcliff kids claiming the no.1 spot in the lohud comment section. A bit immature but also fair given they beat mamo, I would like to see a rematch now that mamo has played more than a half of lacrosse with their starters and seen a decent zone defense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw some bcliff kids claiming the no.1 spot in the lohud comment section. A bit immature but also fair given they beat mamo, I would like to see a rematch now that mamo has played more than a half of lacrosse with their starters and seen a decent zone defense.

I'd like to see Mamo play Iona.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, the top public schools would beat iona, such as bcliff, mamo, and rye

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iona 18, Mamo 21, Bcliff 22... essentially even, statistically which is why i'd love to see them play. https://www.laxnumbers.com/ratings.php?y=2021&v=3346

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B'cliff won 11-3, yikes.
Mamo over B'ville 14-9, as expected.

Today's games:
Byram at B'cliff: B'cliff should win by 4+

Somers over Fox Lane

Y will cruise over Carmel and should win by a lot, but since the Carmel coach is a Y legend, it is no more more than 11 goals.

Rye over Pelham

B'cliff wins by 3 goal,
Fox Lane surpassing Somers (and L/P last week too); looks like those boys are coming together.

Y wins a 9-6 game against Carmel. The score makes you wonder if Y is falling a part. Especially since Carmel losses to Wappingers in a 10-7 game, just two weeks ago. Y should have won by at least 7+.

Rye over pelham in a 11-6 game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
today's games:

Rye easily wins over East,
Pac v L/P; L/P SHOULD show up and take care of business. But L/P is unpredictable this season.

Iona over Kennedy, by 7+ goals

Y at JJ; Come on Tim Shurr, get those boys fired up and deliver the knockout punch. JJ wins by 2!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y wins an easy game against JJ, 12-1.

On LOHUD.com, the most shocking thing about the loss was what the HC off JJ said afterwards :
"It’s been a struggle, but we are what we are. We’re just not especially talented this year. They’re a nice enough group of kids, but we’re just not playing well."

Yikes! "just not a talented team this year" This is a hard truth that many parents will not like to hear/read and blame the coach for not developing the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
today's games:

Pac v L/P; L/P SHOULD show up and take care of business. But L/P is unpredictable this season.

Y at JJ; Come on Tim Shurr, get those boys fired up and deliver the knockout punch. JJ wins by 2!

Rye wins (15-2)
Iona wins (14-4)
Y wins (12-1)

Pac v L/P; covid quarantine. Not sure which team has it, but the first round of the playoffs is 6/4 and it depends on the date of exposure, the team just might be able to make the first round.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
today's games:

lost by 11... one can call it close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Todays games:
Mamo over Scar, by 5
L/P v Hen Hud?
Carmel v Pawling; this is almost a like an in-town rivalry. Some of Carmel's School district covers Pawling and Stormville.
Pac v Greely ?
Somers at Rye; Rye wins by 3

Like Reply Quote
Page 74 of 97 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard