BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 125 of 311 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 310 311
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent forced to watch this and the endless buddy ball….I 100% agree.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

What was the behind the back pass to a crowd of defenders all about? Compounded by further TOs and infractions. In my day, if a kid did that, he was on the bench asap. I feel really sorry for a number of the Dons (keeper, SSDM, two top poles, second LSM) who played their hearts out only to be let down by some of their leaders and teammates. Kids get rattled under pressure. Its up to the HC to call a timeout and calm them down. That's called leadership! Politics and nepotism exists at most A Conference schools. But among the top contenders, coaching is much closer to collegiate ball than summer league lacrosse. Staffs actually care about winning, not coming first in a popularity contest among the team moms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100 kids in the program. And we play just 16 kids on varsity. As a parent, who obviously wants to see my kid get a fair chance, really wishing my kid woulda gone elsewhere. I won’t even start on the crass sideline behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched Severn vs MSJ - really disappointed in the number of fan that turned out. MSJ couldnt finish the job and were leading.
Disappointed in the number of fans for MSJ when they were the away team during a pandemic thats limiting spectators.

No one enforced any of the "pandemic" guidelines at Severn. None of them - social distancing, wearing masks and they did not stop anyone regarding the 2 people per player.
And all of the MSJ fans were supposed to know that when the school still says 2 per player. Ok.
Watched Severn vs MSJ - really disappointed in the number of fan that turned out. MSJ couldnt finish the job and were leading.
Disappointed in the number of fans for MSJ when they were the away team during a pandemic thats limiting spectators.

No one enforced any of the "pandemic" guidelines at Severn. None of them - social distancing, wearing masks and they did not stop anyone regarding the 2 people per player.
And all of the MSJ fans were supposed to know that when the school still says 2 per player. Ok.

Good for them, these are outdoor events, shouldn’t have to wear a mask and if you want to social distance then go ahead. I’ll enjoy the games maskless while cheering on the players next to my friends and family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100 kids in the program. And we play just 16 kids on varsity. As a parent, who obviously wants to see my kid get a fair chance, really wishing my kid woulda gone elsewhere. I won’t even start on the crass sideline behavior.

This is nothing new for what are considered the top lax schools. These things should be considered when selecting a school. Have junior concentrate on academics.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is nothing new for what are considered the top lax schools. These things should be considered when selecting a school. Have junior concentrate on academics.

everyone wants their kids to go to the top lax schools, what people don't understand is the size of some of these programs, how many kids are carried on varsity, the amount of recruiting that goes on with some of the larger lax programs. some programs will recruit players from out of state with no regard to the student athlete year, they will recruit upper classmen Jr's & Sr's to replace a player who they consider to be underperforming. smaller private school & public school programs don't normally do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you please explain the crass sideline behavior? By the coaches or other players or both? I'm asking because my 7th grade son has LB on his list of schools to attend for 9th grade (high school). He is a very good lacrosse player, we hear thru the grapevine several MIAA high schools have an interest in him but by rules cannot contact. We hear this thru his club coach. I would not want him to enter in an environment that could be toxic on the lacrosse program/team. Thus the questions, crass by coaches or other players. Thank you for a reply.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe they are referring to the sideline celebrations by the team. Nothing egregious. Some like it, some don’t.

Just some advice when selecting a school. Choose a school for every reason other than lacrosse. They are all good when it comes to that. If you are choosing it because of how much they say they want your 13 year old son you should think again. Remember your kid is still a kid and it really shouldn’t be his decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LB is a complete disappointment. Not making at least the MIAA semi-finals with that many seniors is a deserved hard lesson of subpar coaching, politics, and repeatedly playing the same handful of favorite players the entire game despite a deep bench of other talent. Those coaches did a huge disservice to half the team this year...only to finish behind CHC, McD, and others.

Players are overrated in my opinion. Just like the MIAA is this year.

MIAA has been overrated for a few years now, For all the hoopla, as time goes by less and less are playing D1 each year. Game has expanded and athletic players from all over are becoming the norm at D1, not some 5-8 guy with great stick skills from the MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman’s head lacrosse coach just informed his team he is leaving at the end of the school year.
Quit after one full season …what a role model.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, however I would suggest many, if not most, would not agree with your opinions. Most of the Div.1 talent comes from the MIAA and LI and upper NY. True the talent is expanding to other areas/states, but still not at the rate of the MIAA. And yes, look around, there are quite a few 5-8 players with superior stick skills dominating the game. Along with outstanding stick skills, they have a high lacrosse IQ, and this is sometimes lacking from players from other areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman’s head lacrosse coach just informed his team he is leaving at the end of the school year.
You do realize you don't get paid much to coach so if your not having fun then don't do it. I used to lose money coaching at a private school in md. Once you lose your passion you step away and I won't fault anyone for that mentality

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK now this is really weird..... Where are the Spalding dingers? After a magnificent win over the baby admirals, you would’ve thought they would’ve been a lot happier. Must be outside hitting the wall getting ready for that butt whopping the Hall about to give. Where is the confidence. It’s unlike you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize you don't get paid much to coach so if your not having fun then don't do it. I used to lose money coaching at a private school in md. Once you lose your passion you step away and I won't fault anyone for that mentality
He's headed to WAC, so I don't think anyone can fault him for returning to his alma mater to coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could you please explain the crass sideline behavior? By the coaches or other players or both? I'm asking because my 7th grade son has LB on his list of schools to attend for 9th grade (high school). He is a very good lacrosse player, we hear thru the grapevine several MIAA high schools have an interest in him but by rules cannot contact. We hear this thru his club coach. I would not want him to enter in an environment that could be toxic on the lacrosse program/team. Thus the questions, crass by coaches or other players. Thank you for a reply.

Sideline cellys are fine. But it crosses a line if unchecked. And there’s no one policing it. “Men for others” and “AMDG” can be plastered in the hallways and on our shooter shirts, but the words are empty when kids are allowed to talk to opponents and chirp the whole game. It’s a general lack of class, sportsmanship, and respect for opponents that is disheartening. We can do better in a lot of regards and didn’t this year. Unfortunately, not surprised how the season ended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LB is a complete disappointment. Not making at least the MIAA semi-finals with that many seniors is a deserved hard lesson of subpar coaching, politics, and repeatedly playing the same handful of favorite players the entire game despite a deep bench of other talent. Those coaches did a huge disservice to half the team this year...only to finish behind CHC, McD, and others.

I have a couple of questions for the Don faithful. When you're up by 3 in the fourth, why are you running the pole on the wrong wing on the FO? BL gets a fastbreak and goal off of that decision? Their vaunted D was porous in the 4th. Does Loyola slide to weaker poles and shorties, who by the way were the best I've seen all year? Offense: Working the entire 80 seconds of every possession when you're up by 4? Settled Loyola O consisted of lots of standing around with one man dodges. Off ball motion? Poor transition O all game. Many squandered opportunities. Failure to draw a man, flat footed attackmen and bad spacing. Very uninspired fourth quarter. Learn how to close out a game as a team.

In a game where our Defense AL Holds the BL attack man D petro to zero points completely shut down This coaching staff is a disgrace. I let it cool a few days and it’s even worse NO timeouts no adjustments Really unacceptable All this talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great hire for WAC. Gilman will be ok and find someone good. Really interested to see who they get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK now this is really weird..... Where are the Spalding dingers? After a magnificent win over the baby admirals, you would’ve thought they would’ve been a lot happier. Must be outside hitting the wall getting ready for that butt whopping the Hall about to give. Where is the confidence. It’s unlike you.
Gonna be a good game. All 4 teams left deserve it.
Been the class of the league so far.
Who ya got?
McD or BL?
CH or Spalding?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ya got?
McD or BL?
CH or Spalding?

McD vs Spalding final with a one goal victory by Spalding in final. Heard it here first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's headed to WAC, so I don't think anyone can fault him for returning to his alma mater to coach.

Gone within two years alma matter or not. Just doesnt have what it takes to be a coach today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there Mr Jealous. Even now, after all the accolades Spalding has received for this year, you are still hurt over your son and his inability to make Spalding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not forced. No one is forcing you. You are choosing to stay within the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finals will be McD vs Spalding with a comeback OT goal for Spalding. Lots of crazies in the stands, maybe an ejection. Should be a good time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ya got?
McD or BL?
CH or Spalding?

Dingers blow out the Hall. Hall caught the saints at the right time lucky to be in the semis
Same with McD over BL. BL caught the dysfunctional LB team at the right time should of never made it to the semis
McDonough had a wake up call with a 2 goal win over St Paul And is on a mission to go undefeated this season.
Spalding McDonough final. Dingers built everything for this year and comes up short.
McDonough will be your MIAA champs this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ya got?
McD or BL?
CH or Spalding?

Dingers blow out the Hall. Hall caught the saints at the right time lucky to be in the semis
Same with McD over BL. BL caught the dysfunctional LB team at the right time should of never made it to the semis
McDonough had a wake up call with a 2 goal win over St Paul And is on a mission to go undefeated this season.
Spalding McDonough final. Dingers built everything for this year and comes up short.
McDonough will be your MIAA champs this year.

CHC is deep and seems to have sorted themselves out at the right time. Dingers small rotation of the chosen ones comes back to bite them tonight. They will hang around early, probably will even lead in 1H, but CHC will grind them down and pull away late. Sad ending for the Dingers who made the playoffs for the first time in school history and were built for this year. The flash in the pan was bright but it was fleeting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gone within two years alma matter or not. Just doesnt have what it takes to be a coach today.

488 wins and two undefeated seasons (2011 and 2015) that led to No. 1 national rankings.
Haverford is 14-3 and ranked No. 10 in 2019 musta all been smoke and mirrors.

I don't blame Nostrant for wanting out of Gilman and the MIAA. WAC is a MUCH less stressful environment, with much less parental BS. He can actually focus on coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH has struggled at times this year, and dealt with injuries and covid.
Spalding had CH's number the first time. But I think much of that was because they caught the Hall at the right time.
CH is the best coached team in the league. I think they adjust and get the win and get to play McD in the final.
Not sure they win that one, though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not forced. No one is forcing you. You are choosing to stay within the program.

Once a kid chooses a high school, its often too disruptive (socially and/or academically) or not allowed (MIAA) to change programs. Yes, not having any A Conference level lacrosse options outside of DC or boarding school, you are forced to stay. This isn't college with a transfer portal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

488 wins and two undefeated seasons (2011 and 2015) that led to No. 1 national rankings.

I don't blame Nostrant for wanting out of Gilman and the MIAA. WAC is a MUCH less stressful environment, with much less parental BS. He can actually focus on coaching.

One look at Nostrant's headshot and I can conclude that he is out of touch with today's youth. Hang em up coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

John is a great coach and program builder. His track record is outstanding. Leaving Gilman, where sports are being de-emphasized by the Administration, is not shocking. This is not RF or Mr. Sotir's Gilman, it"s significantly softer. That being said, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. WAC has larger issues: enrollment, their niche, weak finances which impacts them as a going concern. None of this is good for recruiting top lacrosse high school lacrosse players who have many great alternatives. I admire his loyalty in trying to rescue a faltering once great Program which happens to be his alma mater.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not about him or your “little girl” opinion. It’s about the young men and boys who compete for everyday and put their hearts and souls into the practices and games. It’s about the importance of good role models for the boys and the examples they are left with by the schools they go to and the coaches they trust.

Think about that while you get your diaper changed little girl, and if you can, try to imagine what it would be like to be a man who actually takes responsibility for his actions and how it affects others.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding better stay in that zone again today or it could get ugly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for rundown Coach, but still doesnt hide the fact your third job in 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not about him or your “little girl” opinion. It’s about the young men and boys who compete for everyday and put their hearts and souls into the practices and games. It’s about the importance of good role models for the boys and the examples they are left with by the schools they go to and the coaches they trust.

Think about that while you get your diaper changed little girl, and if you can, try to imagine what it would be like to be a man who actually takes responsibility for his actions and how it affects others.

Good strong post. Not sure what it’s referencing though. Care to elaborate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for rundown Coach, but still doesnt hide the fact your third job in 4 years.

Which teams have you coached in the past 4 years?
😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for today? Where are the MIAA experts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where there is smoke, there is fire. A guy doesn't go from holding a position for as long as he did in PA, to job hoping like a millennial once he gets down to MD. I'm guessing there are going to be some interesting stories coming out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where there is smoke, there is fire. A guy doesn't go from holding a position for as long as he did in PA, to job hoping like a millennial once he gets down to MD. I'm guessing there are going to be some interesting stories coming out.

What are you talking about? He’s going to coach his alma mater, something many coaches dream of doing. He’s been at Gilman for two years of which one was cancelled by COVID. I have no idea why he left Gilman but he’s not leaving under any kind of cloud. Betting he’s getting paid more and has a lower cost of living in Chestertown. What’s not to like about the land of pleasant living.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a couple of questions for the Don faithful. When you're up by 3 in the fourth, why are you running the pole on the wrong wing on the FO? BL gets a fastbreak and goal off of that decision? Their vaunted D was porous in the 4th. Does Loyola slide to weaker poles and shorties, who by the way were the best I've seen all year? Offense: Working the entire 80 seconds of every possession when you're up by 4? Settled Loyola O consisted of lots of standing around with one man dodges. Off ball motion? Poor transition O all game. Many squandered opportunities. Failure to draw a man, flat footed attackmen and bad spacing. Very uninspired fourth quarter. Learn how to close out a game as a team.

In a game where our Defense AL Holds the BL attack man D petro to zero points completely shut down This coaching staff is a disgrace. I let it cool a few days and it’s even worse NO timeouts no adjustments Really unacceptable All this talent

Not going to lie as a "BL supporter" I was shocked as well. After every goal we were waiting for the TO. Aj did completely shut down petro pretty sure scoreless that in itself should of been enough to win. He scores his goals pretty much one way and AJ took that away both games Hope MCd didnt watch that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

John is a great coach and program builder. His track record is outstanding. Leaving Gilman, where sports are being de-emphasized by the Administration, is not shocking. This is not RF or Mr. Sotir's Gilman, it"s significantly softer. That being said, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. WAC has larger issues: enrollment, their niche, weak finances which impacts them as a going concern. None of this is good for recruiting top lacrosse high school lacrosse players who have many great alternatives. I admire his loyalty in trying to rescue a faltering once great Program which happens to be his alma mater.

Gilman is placing emphasis where it should be placed, on academics. This year's matriculation list will be without comparison in the MIAA (male only, BMS list this year is outstanding). All while the other schools build dorms for lacrosse players and court holdbacks and out of area (state) players for a sport that is very quickly going nationwide. Spend your $35k on academics, not on a sport with fleeting opportunities in college and no money in the pros.

Like Reply Quote
Page 125 of 311 1 2 123 124 125 126 127 310 311
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard