BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 114 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 113 114
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, it really did revolve around one player and her psycho father. Good luck Maryland when that cancer land in their campus. McD is done. Wait until KJ joins the SP coaching staff next year.

Kj might be taking over when MG leaves to watch her daughter. Then KJ can play her daughter and her mnd kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As an outsider (public school parent) this thread is fascinating. Moreover, I keep reading about the father & Im well aware there is a pathology within dynamics of McD, MnD, UA, etc. I am sincere when I ask how does this happen? How does this man strategically engineer EVERYTHING? Its incinsivable to me grown adults allow themselves to me manipulated and/or allow this man to get away with this behavior. How is this possible?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG, how did the female who is coaching the Baltimore Command team land that position?

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on American select tryouts today. Better format or worse than UA? Heard lots of talent but middies get most
Of callback spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It worked for MG and her 2021 class. Could probably work for 2025 class

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mcd parent here. First congratulations to SPSG and MG. You played an incredible game and deserve to be the top team in the iaam as well as all of the US.

We’re all glad that it is finally over. The past three years with tc at the helm has been torture. We all wish that we could have CR back.

TC is the greatest collegiate women’s player but that has not translated into her ability to pass down that knowledge. She is easily frustrated and panics under duress. It is always the kids fault and incompetence. She rotates from favorites who can do no wrong to those on the naughty list who she refuses to acknowledge on and off the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mcd parent here. First congratulations to SPSG and MG. You played an incredible game and deserve to be the top team in the iaam as well as all of the US.

We’re all glad that it is finally over. The past three years with tc at the helm has been torture. We all wish that we could have CR back.

TC is the greatest collegiate women’s player but that has not translated into her ability to pass down that knowledge. She is easily frustrated and panics under duress. It is always the kids fault and incompetence. She rotates from favorites who can do no wrong to those on the naughty list who she refuses to acknowledge on and off the field.
It's obvious who the favorite is and I feel sad for the girls that have to play on a team where it all revolves around 1 player. To lose by that much speaks volumes IMO. The other players don't get to show/shine their ability. That's something TC/McD has to figure out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looking g at her IG you can tell she is one-note in life. That’s why it’s important to have a life outside of lacrosse.
McD is just a machine now.
There’s a pipeline.
There are no athletic dynamics.
Girls go to McD school from K just to play lacrosse for them. Not in a good way. I can think of a few right now on the roster who just “inherited”(sorry, can’t think of a better word at this time) into their slots but were not born to be elite lacrosse players.
There are no thirsty outliers coming in. That is not good. They did not do much recruiting in middle school(“because they didn’t have to”) and it’s showing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MG is vested in her team and worked with them all winter. Once her daughter becomes a starter at USC will she have that same level of dedication? I don’t know. She’s a great coach and her daughter will do well in college.

TC does the bare minimum in coaching high school. She strives to expand the sport and be the face of women’s lacrosse. She has other priorities and mcd only gets a fraction her attention during the in-season. February to May. She’s made zero effort to grow the team with upcoming players. Anyone who is considering attending Mcd should be aware of this problem.

When she eventually steps down to pursue other career opportunities the program will be in shambles. After next year there will be no goalie. I just hope the next coach has actual coaching experience and isn’t the child of a board member.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD should be right at/near the top next year with their strong current junior (future senior) class. How do their current sophomore and freshman classes look? Any new recruits coming in at all?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Current Sophomore class has one or two good players. Taylor actually did recruit a few new freshman top players form Skywalker's and a great top player from M&D. Also have upcoming freshman from Skywalker's and Hero's who are already top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TC will be imparting words of wisdom to players this week. a brief preview.

What do I need to work on this summer? A: Everything.

It will be the same productive feedback she gives kids through the year. It is sad but true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Current Sophomore class has one or two good players. Taylor actually did recruit a few new freshman top players form Skywalker's and a great top player from M&D. Also have upcoming freshman from Skywalker's and Hero's who are already top players.

Can you move a defender to goalie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's obvious who the favorite is and I feel sad for the girls that have to play on a team where it all revolves around 1 player. To lose by that much speaks volumes IMO. The other players don't get to show/shine their ability. That's something TC/McD has to figure out.
22 Black included

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you move a defender to goalie?

Not if they want to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MG is vested in her team and worked with them all winter. Once her daughter becomes a starter at USC will she have that same level of dedication? I don’t know. She’s a great coach and her daughter will do well in college.

TC does the bare minimum in coaching high school. She strives to expand the sport and be the face of women’s lacrosse. She has other priorities and mcd only gets a fraction her attention during the in-season. February to May. She’s made zero effort to grow the team with upcoming players. Anyone who is considering attending Mcd should be aware of this problem.

When she eventually steps down to pursue other career opportunities the program will be in shambles. After next year there will be no goalie. I just hope the next coach has actual coaching experience and isn’t the child of a board member.

MG isn't the first coach to have a child go to college. If you know MG you know that her life revolves around lacrosse. If she's coaching the will be 110% dedicated to it. If anything, her daughter being at USC may mean she's more available to the kids here. She's not going to be flying out the the west coast 2-3 times a week to watch her play. If her daughter was at a local school I would think that would take more time away from SPSG. The fact that she is getting more involved with M&D 2026 should tell you all you need to know. She's not planning on going anywhere and she took that job to start working on the 2026 class to come to SPSG and continue what she's built there. They didn't win Saturday by luck. She's put a ton of work into bringing kids into SPSG the last 5 years. She's not satisfied with just one banner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MG isn't the first coach to have a child go to college. If you know MG you know that her life revolves around lacrosse. If she's coaching the will be 110% dedicated to it. If anything, her daughter being at USC may mean she's more available to the kids here. She's not going to be flying out the the west coast 2-3 times a week to watch her play. If her daughter was at a local school I would think that would take more time away from SPSG. The fact that she is getting more involved with M&D 2026 should tell you all you need to know. She's not planning on going anywhere and she took that job to start working on the 2026 class to come to SPSG and continue what she's built there. They didn't win Saturday by luck. She's put a ton of work into bringing kids into SPSG the last 5 years. She's not satisfied with just one banner.

I agree with everything you’ve written about MG. She earned this win. I have never read a single compliment about TC being a great coach. The 22 class is the last group from CR. After that it all is TCs effort ( or lack thereof).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with everything you’ve written about MG. She earned this win. I have never read a single compliment about TC being a great coach. The 22 class is the last group from CR. After that it all is TCs effort ( or lack thereof).
CR was gone b4 the 22 class started

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR was gone b4 the 22 class started

But he recruited them.

TC is just the glaring example of not all great players - especially those that are so naturally gifted in the sport - are great coaches. Many can be if they put in the effort but it does not appear she is willing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious why MG didn't have success before this since she has been coaching for so long? This is her 3rd coaching stop in the IAAM right? Why didn't she win at any other stops. Is it because her daughter is the team's best player now?? I think a lot of credit goes to SPSG admissions for forking out the $$$$ to so many applicants. It takes a whole school effort to get this win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious why MG didn't have success before this since she has been coaching for so long? This is her 3rd coaching stop in the IAAM right? Why didn't she win at any other stops. Is it because her daughter is the team's best player now?? I think a lot of credit goes to SPSG admissions for forking out the $$$$ to so many applicants. It takes a whole school effort to get this win.

To my knowledge this her second head coaching spot. She assisted at NDP. Which coach has won at Mt. deSales? Correct no one. That is an impossible job. CR leaving McDonogh and moving to Florida has helped SPSG, but give credit where credit is due. MG has turned SPSG into a power.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a huge dichotomy between TC public’s social media persona and her IRL actions as a HS coach

On social media, She calls to light the unequal treatment between men’s and women’s lacrosse yet doesn’t treat all of her own players with dignity and respect .

How can she act as a role model when she humiliates and degrades players. It is a problem at mcd but players are too afraid to speak up in fear of retaliation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give credit where credit is due. SPSG’s hugely successful season was a total team effort. There is no best player. Her reputation as an outstanding club coach followed her to SPSG at just the right time. Kudos to her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG admissions isn't throwing out $$$ to bring in lacrosse players. I can guarantee you that. They have one scholarship that goes to an athlete but doesn't always go to a lacrosse player. The rest of the kids get need based aid which means most lax kids don't get anything. In fact SPSG has lost several kids to GCS over the last few years because GCS was willing to throw $$$ at them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give credit where credit is due. SPSG’s hugely successful season was a total team effort. There is no best player. Her reputation as an outstanding club coach followed her to SPSG at just the right time. Kudos to her.

Yes the team is going to have 3-4 Senior UA All-Americans. 3 of them are ranked in the top 22 in Inside Lacrosse. They also have fantastic juniors and sophomores. 7 different girls scored in the championship game. 4 different girls took draws. The team only had 2 turnovers the whole game and play terrific team defense. Let's not forget they took a loaded McD team in 2019 to 2 OTs in the regular season and the championship game with all of these same seniors starting as Sophs. She built this team starting with the 2021 class. They certainly could have won in 2020 also if there was a season. MG and her defensive assistant deserve a lot of credit for building the team and coaching them up over the years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG should have won this year and they did. Would have been a major disappointment if they didn't with a roster built 4 years ago for that purpose. Had the most talented team in the league (that was never in doubt) and their seniors go out on top. Congrats on great playing and great coaching. Mission accomplished. Now on to next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the team is going to have 3-4 Senior UA All-Americans. 3 of them are ranked in the top 22 in Inside Lacrosse. They also have fantastic juniors and sophomores. 7 different girls scored in the championship game. 4 different girls took draws. The team only had 2 turnovers the whole game and play terrific team defense. Let's not forget they took a loaded McD team in 2019 to 2 OTs in the regular season and the championship game with all of these same seniors starting as Sophs. She built this team starting with the 2021 class. They certainly could have won in 2020 also if there was a season. MG and her defensive assistant deserve a lot of credit for building the team and coaching them up over the years.
"7 different girls scored". Speaks volumes when you count on a WHOLE team & not just on 1 or 2 players like McD. Look at their Instagram...posted a picture thanking the seniors and team, but who is CENTER and STANDS out? The ONE player they depend on. I am surprised to hear of the dismay regarding TC. BUT, it's been said many times - a great player DOESN'T make you a great coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"7 different girls scored". Speaks volumes when you count on a WHOLE team & not just on 1 or 2 players like McD. Look at their Instagram...posted a picture thanking the seniors and team, but who is CENTER and STANDS out? The ONE player they depend on. I am surprised to hear of the dismay regarding TC. BUT, it's been said many times - a great player DOESN'T make you a great coach.

TC joined the coaching staff in CR's last year and I'm sure her goal was to learn and be mentored by him. That didn't happen and she was quickly thrown to the wolves during a time when McD deemphasized girls lacrosse. TC is not playing by the same rules as CR when he could help girls get accepted, assist with financial aid or both. There are several girls that were not accepted to McD over the past 2-3 classes that would have easily been accepted with the old regime. That alone makes recruiting tough. Could TC be doing more? Sure, but she is also a young 25-26 year old with only 4 years of HC experience. So there is still a lot of room for her to improve. Then again, I'm guessing all of you were rock stars when in your first job in your 20's. How old is MG? How long has she been coaching? How many championships has she won? I take nothing away from MG, she is a great coach and someone that can build a program but the TC name goes along way in this sport. She just needs more time and experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG should have won this year and they did. Would have been a major disappointment if they didn't with a roster built 4 years ago for that purpose. Had the most talented team in the league (that was never in doubt) and their seniors go out on top. Congrats on great playing and great coaching. Mission accomplished. Now on to next year!
Next years winner will be the team with the strongest senior class and most experienced junior class. Who will that be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next years winner will be the team with the strongest senior class and most experienced junior class. Who will that be?

I think GCS has 12 or 13 seniors next year. I think NDP also has a number of seniors, but that is nothing new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TC joined the coaching staff in CR's last year and I'm sure her goal was to learn and be mentored by him. That didn't happen and she was quickly thrown to the wolves during a time when McD deemphasized girls lacrosse. TC is not playing by the same rules as CR when he could help girls get accepted, assist with financial aid or both. There are several girls that were not accepted to McD over the past 2-3 classes that would have easily been accepted with the old regime. That alone makes recruiting tough. Could TC be doing more? Sure, but she is also a young 25-26 year old with only 4 years of HC experience. So there is still a lot of room for her to improve. Then again, I'm guessing all of you were rock stars when in your first job in your 20's. How old is MG? How long has she been coaching? How many championships has she won? I take nothing away from MG, she is a great coach and someone that can build a program but the TC name goes along way in this sport. She just needs more time and experience.

She wasn’t thrown to the wolves. There was an interim coach while a search happened. She was offered the position after interviewing multiple candidates. They chose a young M&D McD alum who went on to play at MD and win 3 Tewaaratons with the hopes of her name working out for them. It isn’t working out for them. Others with more experience interviewed for the position. TC was chosen. Everything else you state should have been taken into account prior to hiring her and putting her at the helm of the #1 team in the nation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She wasn’t thrown to the wolves. There was an interim coach while a search happened. She was offered the position after interviewing multiple candidates. They chose a young M&D McD alum who went on to play at MD and win 3 Tewaaratons with the hopes of her name working out for them. It isn’t working out for them. Others with more experience interviewed for the position. TC was chosen. Everything else you state should have been taken into account prior to hiring her and putting her at the helm of the #1 team in the nation.

I would say regardless of how she was selected, she was thrown to the wolves. She was probably 21-22 when she took over and is still maturing as an adult with no mentor to learn from. Playing for great coaches like the ones she played for is different than learning their coaching styles and philosophies. Added to that, MCD reduced the number of Lax commits she is allowed. Not to mention other schools like GC, BM, SPSG and AS are all investing in their programs. Each has several ties to MCD and would more than likely be enrolled if the admissions process had not changed. CR built a powerhouse and anyone coming after him had big shoes to fill. Should they have given the keys to a 21-22 year old? Maybe or maybe not but she still is growing as a coach and mentor and there is plenty of room to improve before she hits the ceiling. If runner up for the IaaM is a bad year, I bet you most coaches would take it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is not a McD player but has had plenty of exposure to TC over the years and she and her friends always say the same thing ‘TC is not a nice person’ I haven’t had enough exposure to know what she’s like but I always thought that was shocking coming from a group of kids about their hero player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a SPSG parent. Great game played by two great teams. GCS will be senior strong next year with deep talent. I think they will be favored to win in 2022.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another McD Parent here. I have zero problems with TC's inexperience. We were all there at the start of our careers. She clearly loves the game and it is her life's passion. I do have a problem with her coaching.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is not a McD player but has had plenty of exposure to TC over the years and she and her friends always say the same thing ‘TC is not a nice person’ I haven’t had enough exposure to know what she’s like but I always thought that was shocking coming from a group of kids about their hero player.
Not the first time I've heard that unfortunately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
‘TC is not a nice person’.
Not the first time I've heard that unfortunately.

That's an understatement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter actually goes to McD and likes Taylor. She is very direct and lets you know what she is thinking. Never been unkind or mean as some
people say. Maybe she just doesn't like some people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the record, the one full scholarship doesn’t just go to an athlete. It goes to the most dynamic & deserving student based on test scores, grades, leadership & interviews. There may be many athletes who qualify, but you don’t have to be “an athlete” to get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TC was never on CR’s staff. CR’s brother Scott was his assistant. Kim Dubansky now coaching Maryvale was also on staff.

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 114 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 113 114
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard