BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Seems like Tilts is training a good chunk of the Islands 24’ group. I was on a sideline of my kids high school game yesterday and a group of moms were talking about her next clinic. Is there a reason this class gravitated towards her ?

She has some younger girls training with her, but her clinics fill up fast and those who have been training with her are given priority to future clinics. They happen to be 2024s and jump on it.

All I know is that she has inspired and motivated my daughter unlike anybody else.

How young is young? Does it impact others at the sessions?

The youngest we’ve had in a session with us is 7th graders but it didn’t bother her

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like Tilts is training a good chunk of the Islands 24’ group. I was on a sideline of my kids high school game yesterday and a group of moms were talking about her next clinic. Is there a reason this class gravitated towards her ?

She has some younger girls training with her, but her clinics fill up fast and those who have been training with her are given priority to future clinics. They happen to be 2024s and jump on it.

All I know is that she has inspired and motivated my daughter unlike anybody else.

I would agree with all of these. We’ve been with her for a few months now. Players who she’s worked with before get priority, after every clinic she emails videos she takes of the kids, and she sends us voice overs with drawings and slow motions of each drill so my daughter can keep doing it at home.

Not once has she ever pressured us to move teams, bad mouthed our team, or put her 2024 team who trains with her privately ahead of my daughter. If anything, I feel like she gives my daughter more attention than her own players sometimes.
She really lit a fire in my kid and every parent I’ve spoken to about her says the same thing. She raised my daughters self confidence in a way that isn’t telling her she’s the best player out there, but that she should expect the most from herself and that wherever she ends up as she leaves is better than it was when she walked onto the field. Anyone who speaks poorly about this young woman is delusional. I have never met such an incredible coach and mentor. I almost regret writing this because I don’t want to have to compete for spots when she has clinics and training sessions but that is selfish and I think that everyone’s child deserves Sam as a role model

How do I get a spot if I haven’t trained with her before? It seems like it’s impossible

we are part of the email list and if one fills she usually will make another for kids she calls waitlist players if there are enough waitlisted it seems like she’ll try end open another one and then post that on her Instagram profile my daughter checks it since I don’t use social media but if you aren’t on her email chain that seems like the best bet. its how we got in the begin with

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree with all of these. We’ve been with her for a few months now. Players who she’s worked with before get priority, after every clinic she emails videos she takes of the kids, and she sends us voice overs with drawings and slow motions of each drill so my daughter can keep doing it at home.

Not once has she ever pressured us to move teams, bad mouthed our team, or put her 2024 team who trains with her privately ahead of my daughter. If anything, I feel like she gives my daughter more attention than her own players sometimes.
She really lit a fire in my kid and every parent I’ve spoken to about her says the same thing. She raised my daughters self confidence in a way that isn’t telling her she’s the best player out there, but that she should expect the most from herself and that wherever she ends up as she leaves is better than it was when she walked onto the field. Anyone who speaks poorly about this young woman is delusional. I have never met such an incredible coach and mentor. I almost regret writing this because I don’t want to have to compete for spots when she has clinics and training sessions but that is selfish and I think that everyone’s child deserves Sam as a role model

How do I get a spot if I haven’t trained with her before? It seems like it’s impossible

we are part of the email list and if one fills she usually will make another for kids she calls waitlist players if there are enough waitlisted it seems like she’ll try end open another one and then post that on her Instagram profile my daughter checks it since I don’t use social media but if you aren’t on her email chain that seems like the best bet. its how we got in the begin with

If you don’t use social media, why are you on botc? This is social media!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not the original poster, but message boards are not my definition "social media." Messageboards were around way before Myspace/FB/Insta/TikTok/Snap/Twitter, etc. existed and they don't have the reach those other programs/apps have.

And like others, I'm not active on "social media," but I have been active on boards for over 20 years.

In regards to Tilts, my daughter connected with her on social media. My daughter went to one clinic and now we get priority emails before she announces the clinics to the public on Social Media (usually Instagram). My daughter takes every opportunity to train with Tilts that she can by her choice. Instead of hanging with friends, my daughter would rather be training with Tilts and the other like minded girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m hearing there’s a couple freshman on st ants varsity? Are they Any good they don’t usually take freshman

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m hearing there’s a couple freshman on st ants varsity? Are they Any good they don’t usually take freshman

Sure all a very strong players. One from Huntington area is probably the top 2024 on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Anthonys usually has 1 or 2 freshman every year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not the original poster, but message boards are not my definition "social media." Messageboards were around way before Myspace/FB/Insta/TikTok/Snap/Twitter, etc. existed and they don't have the reach those other programs/apps have.

And like others, I'm not active on "social media," but I have been active on boards for over 20 years.

In regards to Tilts, my daughter connected with her on social media. My daughter went to one clinic and now we get priority emails before she announces the clinics to the public on Social Media (usually Instagram). My daughter takes every opportunity to train with Tilts that she can by her choice. Instead of hanging with friends, my daughter would rather be training with Tilts and the other like minded girls.

Thank you!!!! I’ve been looking at her page daily in hopes that something would open. Managed to grab us a spot. Thanks again. Hoping for similar experiences you had.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure all a very strong players. One from Huntington area is probably the top 2024 on Long Island.

I disagree. I don’t think she is a top 24. She’s a great player, but certainly not the best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is anyone commenting on 2024 “best” individual player(s) either way at this point ? How much has anyone actually seen the 2024 age group play over the last year?

I saw the stats from the LILJ High-school Spring league. The 2024 Hunt. Girls stats were pretty impressive. She was up near the top with some of the best committed top HS players. So, she looks pretty good either way.

LI has a whole bunch of really good 2024s and it will be fun to see them all back out playing and see what they can do.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is anyone commenting on 2024 “best” individual player(s) either way at this point ? How much has anyone actually seen the 2024 age group play over the last year?

I saw the stats from the LILJ High-school Spring league. The 2024 Hunt. Girls stats were pretty impressive. She was up near the top with some of the best committed top HS players. So, she looks pretty good either way.

LI has a whole bunch of really good 2024s and it will be fun to see them all back out playing and see what they can do.

Cant wait and to see how the LI 24s do on the bigger stage. See how they stack up against MD players???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just moved to Long Island, and have a daughter who’s a 24. Having her tryout for Top Guns and Long Island Legacy. Are these clubs considered pretty equal in talent and coaching? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just moved to Long Island, and have a daughter who’s a 24. Having her tryout for Top Guns and Long Island Legacy. Are these clubs considered pretty equal in talent and coaching? Thanks

It’s best to go to both try outs and see for yourself. Will be hard to get objective opinions here. My D plays for Top Guns and is quite happy with the coaching and team mates. There’s some great talent on Legacy as well. My D has played with many of them in the past and on school team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s best to go to both try outs and see for yourself. Will be hard to get objective opinions here. My D plays for Top Guns and is quite happy with the coaching and team mates. There’s some great talent on Legacy as well. My D has played with many of them in the past and on school team.

Thank you for that. Sounds like they are both good choices from what I’m hearing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for that. Sounds like they are both good choices from what I’m hearing.

Legacy had a roster of way too many kids. Unless they’re willing to drop it down to a normal roster size

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy had a roster of way too many kids. Unless they’re willing to drop it down to a normal roster size

Great team, but have to agree our daughter is on the team and is annoyed by the roster size. Not to mention they took a kid after tryouts from another team who cant catch and throw so making a thick roster with players who shouldn’t be here is a little much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many is too many on a roster? What’s the ideal number? We have 26 on ours but at any given practice, 5-8 don’t show up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 is ideal. 6 mid, 6 attack, 6 defense and 2 goalies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ideal for players (and coaches) maybe but not for club directors!

I have noticed 24 was kinda standard for a while but that seems to be more in the 26 range now.

As a side note if your club team has 20, it's most likely not because the club is doing you a favor - it's because that's all that tried out or accepted spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ideal for players (and coaches) maybe but not for club directors!

I have noticed 24 was kinda standard for a while but that seems to be more in the 26 range now.

As a side note if your club team has 20, it's most likely not because the club is doing you a favor - it's because that's all that tried out or accepted spots.

My kid plays for 2 club teams and both teams have a roster of 20 and both teams cut kids at tryouts. That's one of daughter's gripes about some of the other teams...too many players on one team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the Best 2024 just leave St. Anthony's & go back to one of the Smithtown HS last week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the Best 2024 just leave St. Anthony's & go back to one of the Smithtown HS last week?

Yes, great player. Best of luck to her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Didn't the Best 2024 just leave St. Anthony's & go back to one of the Smithtown HS last week?

Yes the Best 2024 just left. St Anthony's loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She left. Isn’t she playing Jv now on her town team?

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you!!!! I’ve been looking at her page daily in hopes that something would open. Managed to grab us a spot. Thanks again. Hoping for similar experiences you had.

We took this advice also and found a spot this morning after she posted. Glad that we were finally able to grab something it has seem impossible to get a spot that worked with highschool conflicts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We took this advice also and found a spot this morning after she posted. Glad that we were finally able to grab something it has seem impossible to get a spot that worked with highschool conflicts

Went to our first session this weekend & the smile on my Ds face leaving made the wait well worth it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Didn't the Best 2024 just leave St. Anthony's & go back to one of the Smithtown HS last week?

Yes the Best 2024 just left. St Anthony's loss.

SA is full of talent, both on Varsity now and JV players coming up. Prob. one of the top HS teams on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not one of the best. They are the best team on L.I.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, she starts on Smithtown East varsity, one of the top teams in Suff A. Much better situation and competition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, she starts on Smithtown East varsity, one of the top teams in Suff A. Much better situation and competition

Thanks Dad!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Dad!!

Wow, that was so thoughtful and witty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Dad!!

Just facts. Not the dad, my daughter plays with her. Great kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Debatable, until they can Play teams like Manhasset out of conference. Hard to tell with who they are playing for comp . Easy to look good with that comp

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Debatable, until they can Play teams like Manhasset out of conference. Hard to tell with who they are playing for comp . Easy to look good with that comp

Exactly. They play nobody! The best girls on LI go to public schools, just look at the club leaders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great and Good luck to her. Have seen her play and think she’s great player. smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. They play nobody! The best girls on LI go to public schools, just look at the club leaders.

Well wouldn’t say that ! Some phenomenal players and some of the best have come out of the SA program. They have some of LI top players there now, as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s great and Good luck to her. Have seen her play and think she’s great player. smile

We love the parents posting about their own kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely go to both! I hear that Legacy has some strong teams. We are in :the 23:'but I also hear that TG 24;:got a lot stronger because they got 2 new stud goal scorers. With good a good D. We know this summer. Go to both and check them out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As my daughter enters the recruiting phase/age, I'm curious to know which programs have a reputation for having well run programs - good coaches, good team environment, good support for student athletes, etc.
my daughter loves lacrosse and enjoys being part of a team and plays for her teammates and coaches as much as herself. Looking for inside info on programs that aren't necessarily top ranked but have the other elements in spades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As my daughter enters the recruiting phase/age, I'm curious to know which programs have a reputation for having well run programs - good coaches, good team environment, good support for student athletes, etc.
my daughter loves lacrosse and enjoys being part of a team and plays for her teammates and coaches as much as herself. Looking for inside info on programs that aren't necessarily top ranked but have the other elements in spades.

We moved to 91 this year after experiendes we weren’t happy with I will say that we have found a slice of heaven with tilts. Now that the 24’ bandits teams are merging we have no interest in playing for anyone but tilts. The woman gives so much of her time to my girl and I don’t want her playing for anyone else. Not only do we get phenomenal recruiting help but we get a team of parents and players that is unlike anything we have experienced at our other clubs some of which are considered “top teams.” The program pushes the kids while still allowing them to have fun. My daughter has gone as far as to say if she doesn’t make tilts team again next year she is just going to stick to team lacrosse because it won’t be the same for her with another person teaching her

What do you play for now? We also have heard good things about shore 2 shore

Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard