BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 58 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Missing the point. It is just not right. If others can manipulate the schedule, why shouldn’t these teams be given the same grace. I am assuming that your daughter is not on one of the mentioned teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
May be they can have the game moved like other teams have

You mean like how certain programs didn't have to play the 2 weekends over Spring break while others did?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or those that did not have to play two games on the same day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a daughter that is interested in starting lax (I know we are SUPER late to start). Are there any camps/clinics or recommendations of where to start??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two great games today. M&D over Skywalker's by one and Hero's over Pride by 5. It all came down to the draw. Congrats

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoffs shaping up. One spot up for grabs. Stars vs Hoco next Saturday night? Who you got? Playoffs next Sunday 8 am start Pride vs NEMS, 9am Skywalkers vs winner of Stars/Hoco. I think NEMS can beat Pride 4 out of ten times, so i expect a close game. I think Skywalkers has gotten a lot better so I give Stars/ Hoco only a 10% chance to win. I also think Hoco is going to beat Stars. So I think it is going to be NEMs vs M&D and Heros vs Skywalkers in the semis. I will go M&D vs Skywalkers final. M&D for the win in the final.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turnovers played a big part in sw loss. The run and gun sw way hurt them today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two great games today. M&D over Skywalker's by one and Hero's over Pride by 5. It all came down to the draw. Congrats

Clearly coming from a parent who was not at the M&D and Skywalkers game. The draw was dominated by Skywalkers but that was not the outcome of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers definitely dominated the draw today but M&D was more opportunistic with their chances.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers definitely dominated the draw today but M&D was more opportunistic with their chances.

Exactly. Too much 1v1 and turnovers killed sw ! Coaches need to teach sharing the ball.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The draw kept Sykwalkers in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Too much 1v1 and turnovers killed sw ! Coaches need to teach sharing the ball.

SW is much improved and strong at the draw but 3 pipe shots and mnd opting not to take the open goal shot at the end made the game closer then it should have been (score wise). MnD got a little too fancy at the end and should have put the game away. a heads up play by the defender kept it from going into ot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my experience, sharing the ball is not the SW way of coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter played after the SW/MND game. Still surprised how the SW game didn't end in a tie? one on one with the goalie. amazing play by the defender for MND.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW is much improved and strong at the draw but 3 pipe shots and mnd opting not to take the open goal shot at the end made the game closer then it should have been (score wise). MnD got a little too fancy at the end and should have put the game away. a heads up play by the defender kept it from going into ot.
Stalling the last 5 minutes helps too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter played after the SW/MND game. Still surprised how the SW game didn't end in a tie? one on one with the goalie. amazing play by the defender for MND.

Amazing play by the defender? One on one with the goalie? Try a legal check and a hold. There were many of us right in front of it when it happened. The only reason the ref didn’t call it is because the play was so far in front of them that they could not see it when it happened.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like M&D and Skywalkers are very closely matched. Weird stuff can happen in the playoffs. I suspect there is a gap to Pride as the fourth seed. Pride maybe closer to NEMS then they are to Heros, SW, and MnD. Upset alert.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amazing play by the defender? One on one with the goalie? Try a legal check and a hold. There were many of us right in front of it when it happened. The only reason the ref didn’t call it is because the play was so far in front of them that they could not see it when it happened.

The reason the ref didn't make the call is because there was no call to make. I watched the video several times and it was a clean check.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
must be a sour SW dad. from my view it was clean, no hold whatso ever. might also want to read up on the whistle start inside the 12.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reason the ref didn't make the call is because there was no call to make. I watched the video several times and it was a clean check.
"watched the video several times"??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stalling the last 5 minutes helps too

Ok Anne. If you have the lead you can do this ! Your job is to get the ball away. It’s called protecting the lead and winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES! Why are you all arguing about a play involving 8th graders? Nothing changes the outcome of the game. Just move on. You guys will play each other 10+ more times over the course of the next 4 years and the outcome will be different each and every time. Grow up and let these girls play and learn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mnd/sw should have been a 10-5 game. Even after mnd got smoked in draws, mnd couldn’t hit the net. And got more cards. Team effort grit defines winners. Also not putting the ball on the ground.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO vs Stars -- This seems to be a toss up. NEMS should definitely win their last game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO vs Stars -- This seems to be a toss up. NEMS should definitely win their last game.

Thanks for your assessment NEMS dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your assessment NEMS dad.

You are most welcome, but
1. I am definitely not a NEMS dad
2. NEMS definitely won

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoff lacrosse! Two games 1 goal separating both games. Exciting morning action. Hope next weekend is as exciting as this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco black!!! Have yourself a day !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did play ok.

Not to take anything away from HoCo, but kind of sloppy all the way around from both teams from what I saw. The Skywalkers coach getting a yellow did not help their cause. SW seemed to have a small group of subs?

I can say this, the HoCo coach still has no clue how to run a draw and HoCo didn’t have much team offense. Heard several parents saying it would be great to have a real offense scheme like SW.

Watching the second half, I couldn’t believe how tired some of the players (middies I think?) were running the field. She must have run them into the ground? With a big bench, seems odd way to run lines. Amazing they beat SW given their coaching issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’d think someone from the hoco program would come in and give her some guidance on how to coach on all these important facets of the game. Otherwise the parents who had enough will look someplace else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did play ok.

Not to take anything away from HoCo, but kind of sloppy all the way around from both teams from what I saw. The Skywalkers coach getting a yellow did not help their cause. SW seemed to have a small group of subs?

I can say this, the HoCo coach still has no clue how to run a draw and HoCo didn’t have much team offense. Heard several parents saying it would be great to have a real offense scheme like SW.

Watching the second half, I couldn’t believe how tired some of the players (middies I think?) were running the field. She must have run them into the ground? With a big bench, seems odd way to run lines. Amazing they beat SW given their coaching issues.

You must not know lax. Skywalkers has no offense scheme. Called roll the ball out and who says they have good coaching there ? Congrats Hoco !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’d think someone from the hoco program would come in and give her some guidance on how to coach on all these important facets of the game. Otherwise the parents who had enough will look someplace else.

Who’s better ? Mnd , sw and heros has better talent. Coach must have to done something right to win today over that talent ans superior coaching. Besides the HOco director and 24 coach helps out with 25 too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
‘You must not know lax. Skywalkers has no offense scheme. Called roll the ball out and who says they have good coaching there ? Congrats Hoco ![/quote]

Congrats HoCo indeed. They won. Great job. It was not due to coaching.

That being said, ok pal. You are right. You know everything since I can honestly say what I see. I have nothing to do with SW so have no reason to be a fan boy.

What I have seen of SW is they run a good two man game, play to x, cut through middle, pass well, make extra pass Their clear and redefend was well done. They had a strategy for and worked the draw. Similar to other good teams.

What I have seen of HoCo is the HoCo coach would rather clog the middle, multiple cuts at once, put everyone above GLE, not maintain space, try to have one middie go to goal through four people, run the ball up on clear and not have a coherent redefend. They don’t work on draw at practice and have no strategy for draw.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who’s better ? Mnd , sw and heros has better talent. Coach must have to done something right to win today over that talent ans superior coaching. Besides the HOco director and 24 coach helps out with 25 too.

I am not sure they have better individual talent for all players. Up to a certain number, but perhaps better overall talent? Maybe 6 or 8 on roster are close to equal but rest of HoCo are lower? Just my opinion.

Coaching makes a difference. Luck makes a difference too.

As said in earlier posts, someone thought SKywalkers had a short roster today. I don’t know if that made a true difference but seeing the two teams play, based on many years of playing and coaching the game, you can see difference in coaching. HoCo coaching is sub par.

They just do a lot of things that really top tier teams don’t do. Hope it resolves itself through better coaching and I think they can compete at the highest levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The director/24 coach is an assistant coach for 25 but not sure how much she coaches when HC is there. I think most parents would welcome a more active role for her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is director/24 assistant coach their to make sure everything for field hockey goes off without a hitch. Seems like HOCO lax scheduled is based on the wants and needs of the Warhawk Field hockey club. Need to do what is in the best interest of those girls that play both. Ask the ex HOCO lax girls that get blackballed from Warhawks when they left Hoco to play for Heros.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the American Select tryout? I know there was going to be a good turnout. Did it look like fair selections were made?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is director/24 assistant coach their to make sure everything for field hockey goes off without a hitch. Seems like HOCO lax scheduled is based on the wants and needs of the Warhawk Field hockey club. Need to do what is in the best interest of those girls that play both. Ask the ex HOCO lax girls that get blackballed from Warhawks when they left Hoco to play for Heros.

Not many D1 hockey girls around. Sounds like the heros girls made the right choice if they care about lax. Hoco does lax to fill in around hockey schedule for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s tryouts. Everyone is looking out for themselves. Middy and attackers just going to goal every time. No passing. Defenders don’t really get a fair shake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like good talent made the call backs as well as random girls who did not touch the ball. Odd or just trying to get some girls from all the teams to be included. Parents talking about how the coaches were on their phones the whole time......

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 58 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard