BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 115 of 267 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks play football in the offseason
True plays soccer

Just watch the games

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quick question, was that’s Trues A or B team that played today???? That high powered offense with a whopping 1 goal must be a record breaker for talent and coaching....out played in every aspect of the game....and even our water boys outworks theirs....lol...

Please seek professional help. It’s seventh grade lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently a SCUD was launched tonight......true.....facts

Grass isn't always greener.

Your kid is part of the weakest link in the hawks line-up? You don’t think Rage is looking to replace most of that defense? If you don’t think he’s been on the phone all season trying to bring in some better talent you are blind.

2 out of the 5 poles are coaches kids. 1 of the poles play for a
Coach in football and the other 2 are studs. You love to troll. Hawks gave up the second least goals in HOCO this year lol

You’re so out of touch with your own team it’s mind blowing. You may want to sit down with your HC and have a serious talk about what aspects of the team he is looking to improve upon. You just may be shocked what he says to you. Fact is the defense is a weakness. Fact is he’s actively recruiting for this position and I know of at least 2 kids he wants on the team for next year. Everyone is replaceable, even football players and coaches sons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Controversy at the start of the Crabs/Madlax game, in which the Crabs won 10-7. The refs assessed a 1 min unsportsmanlike penalty on Madlax for inappropriate warm-up music, so the game started w Crabs with possession and a man-up.

Apparently some of the rap songs were not the clean version. Nobody from the Crabs complained about it/nor parents. A referee decision without warning.

Anyone ever heard of anything like that? I would’ve thought the referee would have just walked over and asked the music to be turned off if he was offended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid is not the problem. The parents that are ruining the kid are the problem. How many teams has he played on since 3rd grade?

Hawks
True
Sidewinders
Bethesda
All in

I am sure next year dc express.

Let the kid stay on a team for more than 2 years and build cohesiveness with the team and be a part of a team. He can play, he is humble and a good kid....

OK Hawks Dad...

1. Kid chose to leave
2. Kid is happy where he's at and were glad to have him
3. Kid is bonding just fine here
4. Parents are great
5. Bethesda turns to DC Express

Worry about your own team and call the Dad if it bothers you this much but we know you would rather hide behind a computer screen. Such a B#:CH.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid is not the problem. The parents that are ruining the kid are the problem. How many teams has he played on since 3rd grade?

Hawks
True
Sidewinders
Bethesda
All in

I am sure next year dc express.

Let the kid stay on a team for more than 2 years and build cohesiveness with the team and be a part of a team. He can play, he is humble and a good kid....

The craziest part of this guy is that he bashes a 13 year old players play on the field because he disagrees with the way his Mom and Dad are parenting. Say that again in your head. And he does it every time the kid has a subpar game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks play football in the offseason
True plays soccer

Just watch the games

I love all 3 sports. I guess you are referencing that the Hawks were more physical. Soccer players, especially at the youth level, are usually significantly better athletes than football players though, and typically make better lax players. So I don’t understand this argument.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Controversy at the start of the Crabs/Madlax game, in which the Crabs won 10-7. The refs assessed a 1 min unsportsmanlike penalty on Madlax for inappropriate warm-up music, so the game started w Crabs with possession and a man-up.

Apparently some of the rap songs were not the clean version. Nobody from the Crabs complained about it/nor parents. A referee decision without warning.

Anyone ever heard of anything like that? I would’ve thought the referee would have just walked over and asked the music to be turned off if he was offended.

Obscene music before a 7th grade game, and they can't believe that the officials were so uptight and mean to throw a flag. Psychologists call that passive aggressive behavior. Fortunately MadLax had no prayer of winning the game anyway, so no harm done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - for such a good team why do the Hawks parents have so much anger both internally and externally?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know who on the Hawks is posting. Bald tough guy lumber boy. Biggest joke around and such an embarrassment to the Hawks program. I apologize in advance for him.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know who on the Hawks is posting. Bald tough guy lumber boy. Biggest joke around and such an embarrassment to the Hawks program. I apologize in advance for him.

I am not a Hawks friend or enemy, just an observer. But the image that the Hawks 2026 team projects on this board, and on the sidelines, is not good. The boys are amazing players and the parents are doing the boys a dis-service by portraying the team so badly. If the image is indeed coming from just one person, then Matt Hogan should ask the family to find another team. Unless the player is the face off guy (#9) or the tall middie who does all the scoring, the player can be replaced and the team would not miss a beat. It is amazing how much power one toxic family can have to shape the culture and the image of an entire team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a Hawks friend or enemy, just an observer. But the image that the Hawks 2026 team projects on this board, and on the sidelines, is not good. The boys are amazing players and the parents are doing the boys a dis-service by portraying the team so badly. If the image is indeed coming from just one person, then Matt Hogan should ask the family to find another team. Unless the player is the face off guy (#9) or the tall middie who does all the scoring, the player can be replaced and the team would not miss a beat. It is amazing how much power one toxic family can have to shape the culture and the image of an entire team.

Trust me his kid is replaceable. Middie moved to close-D bc his stick skills were awful. His size is an issue and he gets beat on a regular basis. Dad thinks he’s D1 material; he will be lucky to see a HS field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Madlax thinks it is acceptable to blast music like they were at a public park, then they have issues. It should not take a ref to tell them that it was unacceptable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a revenge call because the ref was called out the prior week for allowing illegal hits on the Madlax African American player. Happens all the time. Talk with AA parents if you don't believe it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 7 - 6 Crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never seen that move before at any level. I am sure it set the tone for the game, no doubt and the Refs just lost control. I have no horse in this race as I just caught the start of the game after Hawks v True game. It was pretty comical. They were man-up for essentially the first 3 min of the game. Crabs are good and probably didn’t need the help they got either way, but the start of the game was a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's in the rules -
PLAYER / COACH/ SPECTATOR CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINARY ACTION If the game officials hear any use of foul language on or off the field during the game, the team will be given a 1 minute to 3-minutefull time penalty. Repeated use of foul language will result in an ejection.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 7 - 6 Crabs

Hawks is good defensively bc of their Goaltender; he’s the only reason crabs didn’t win that game!! Hawks defense is definitely a work in progress. Slow and no physical presence at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a revenge call because the ref was called out the prior week for allowing illegal hits on the Madlax African American player. Happens all the time. Talk with AA parents if you don't believe it.

Nice try to make up a racial angle, but take that over to the political forums where plenty of people will take your bait.

What did Madlax think was going to happen when they played obscene music pregame? And where were the coaches - were the 7th graders running the pregame or did the coaches actually think that was a smart idea? How dense can you be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Called out how - by a formal complaint, or just sideline yelling by MadLax parents? If there was an official report filed by MadLax calling a ref a racist, I doubt that same ref would be assigned to a MadLax playoff game the following week.

If it was in-game yelling about non-calls for illegal hits, I have a news flash - that sort of yelling happens in every game (especially those involving MadLax) and officials just tune it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the same ref?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - for such a good team why do the Hawks parents have so much anger both internally and externally?

I do not think it’s all the parents. I witnessed friendly conversation between a few the crabs and hawks parents today. One or two people don’t make up a whole teams behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's in the rules -
PLAYER / COACH/ SPECTATOR CONDUCT AND DISCIPLINARY ACTION If the game officials hear any use of foul language on or off the field during the game, the team will be given a 1 minute to 3-minutefull time penalty. Repeated use of foul language will result in an ejection.

“During the game”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's in the rules -

I’m not sure this applies to pregame, but never the less, seems a bit of a reach. Just tell the kids to turn the music off. Seems simple enough. Per the other posts, ref must have had a beef w the club/coach from a previous issue to over react like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's in the rules -

I’m not sure this applies to pregame, but never the less, seems a bit of a reach. Just tell the kids to turn the music off. Seems simple enough. Per the other posts, ref must have had a beef w the club/coach from a previous issue to over react like that.

You all are stunads. It wasn’t the same ref.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's in the rules -

It does. Once officials arrive at the field to the time they leave the field. So you think it’s a minor issue to be blasting music with repetitive use of the n word and other slurs before a 7th grade lacrosse game? A one minute penalty is overreacting to blasting the n word and other slurs? To claim the refs had a beef with the club is laughable, and no, they weren’t the same refs from the week before. Convenient to not mention the coach acting like a toddler and getting ejected, along with the two players ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. Keep it classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Did MadLax really play music containing the n word?
2. What did the coach and players do to get ejected?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team at this age seems to play pre-game music. It's really pretty simple, there are clean versions to every song out there. Use your head coach. Also, if the ref (or anyone in a public space full of kids) asks you to turn off the vulgar music, maybe do it and don't curse out the ref like a normal adult

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's in the rules -

It does. Once officials arrive at the field to the time they leave the field. So you think it’s a minor issue to be blasting music with repetitive use of the n word and other slurs before a 7th grade lacrosse game? A one minute penalty is overreacting to blasting the n word and other slurs? To claim the refs had a beef with the club is laughable, and no, they weren’t the same refs from the week before. Convenient to not mention the coach acting like a toddler and getting ejected, along with the two players ejected for unsportsmanlike conduct. Keep it classy.

Relax ref defender. What does ejecting 2 players have to do with assessing an unsportsmanlike penalty for playing inappropriate pre-game music?? Or the Coach, for that matter? I will stick to my point that I think it is an overreaction. I have had multiple boys/girls play youth lacrosse and have never seen any team get penalized for inappropriate music, and trust me, there has been plenty of instances over the last 8 years. I would think a reasonable adult would just have them turn it off; if they don't do it, then penalize them if the ref, the other team or a spectator complains. Solve the problem vs be the problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Yes, without a doubt
2. Coach stormed on the field screaming and cursing during the first quarter. Players ejected for repeated use of f bombs directly to refs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every team at this age seems to play pre-game music. It's really pretty simple, there are clean versions to every song out there. Use your head coach. Also, if the ref (or anyone in a public space full of kids) asks you to turn off the vulgar music, maybe do it and don't curse out the ref like a normal adult

What coach got the boot? The head coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Yes, without a doubt
2. Coach stormed on the field screaming and cursing during the first quarter. Players ejected for repeated use of f bombs directly to refs.

I was there watching and never heard any players drop f-bombs to anyone of either team. Also couldn't hear the music along the fence. You must be either a ref or a parent of a Crab, correct?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are at parity with Hawks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a team has a culture where the players and coaches (and according to this board, some parents) think it is okay to play pregame music with profanity (let alone the N-word), it is not surprising that the same team would have coaches and players ejected for profanity during the game.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Yes, without a doubt

I was there watching and never heard any players drop f-bombs to anyone of either team. Also couldn't hear the music along the fence. You must be either a ref or a parent of a Crab, correct?

So what is your take on why the players were ejected?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Yes, without a doubt

So what is your take on why the players were ejected?

I have no idea. I wasn't on the field. Profanity could be one of them, of course. Only the ref really knows. The game got out of hand quickly and carried over the entire game with regards officiating, imo. Starting with the unsportsmanlike for the music. Refs had china dolll ears (parents were complaining, but nothing more than I have heard over countless Hoco games) and seemed overly sensitive. There were a lot of bad calls; both ways. Neither official had any game sense at all. Having said all that, the best team won the game, not a doubt in my mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks Number 1 again!!!

Best FO
Best LSM
Best Midfield
Best Attack
Best Defense
Best Goalie
and Best Coaching

It is not even close; prove me wrong!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree! If only some clubs could actually take a page from the book and duplicate it. Others need to hold parents, players and coaches accountable and commit to the process then things will show on the field with wins like the Hawks and Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 7 - 6 Crabs

Hawks is good defensively bc of their Goaltender; he’s the only reason crabs didn’t win that game!! Hawks defense is definitely a work in progress. Slow and no physical presence at all.

Their goalie played his tail off. Their ride got to us as well and forced more than a few mistakes that hurt us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks Number 1 again!!!

Best FO
Best LSM
Best Midfield
Best Attack
Best Defense
Best Goalie
and Best Coaching

It is not even close; prove me wrong!!!!

This must be the bald lumber boy again. Go back and sell something. You kid will be cut anyways

Like Reply Quote
Page 115 of 267 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard