BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 53 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 52 53
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah. I wanna see whos gonna run the same stuff, that is failing miserably, and then make no in-game adjustments. Then blame the Refs. Also cant wait to see some of the man-ups...or lack thereof. Some of these teams have worst man ups I have ever seen but they still dont change it up. The top teams use all of their parts and if something isnt working they make changes. But then again, they win

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches may change things up, but they are not changing up their favorites. Every team has a few. Every kid and parent knows who they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Doesn't matter if the Easter Bunny plays for 91... Its the Top 2 teams and then "Everybody else". Everyone already knows the outcome. The real questions are:

Who will go 0-3?
How will the coaches justify it to the irate parents?
Which coach will start screaming at the Refs first and embarassing himself and his team?
What color will the championship t shirts be?

Blue...wait, no red! Please be red!!!

The really real questions are;
Who questions the sanity of going to WSYL after going 1-2 or 0-3?
How much out of pocket will you be asked to contribute to send your team to DC after going 1-2 or 0-3?
Now that tryouts are announced how many kids will want to jump ship after you go 1-2 0r 0-3?
Is going 2-1 and not making the final considered a moral victory?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These coaches are married to certain kids when the system clearly isnt working . I can already see it coming this weekend: A few of the Tier 2 "AA teams" are 1 trick ponies.... Everyone knows who is getting the ball and what they are going to try to do with it . I have my counter ready for the number of "Good Takes" I hear after a kid shoots it over the net with nobody at X. But hey, if it works every 1 out of 100x then it must be good....Right? Check please...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These coaches are married to certain kids when the system clearly isnt working . I can already see it coming this weekend: A few of the Tier 2 "AA teams" are 1 trick ponies.... Everyone knows who is getting the ball and what they are going to try to do with it . I have my counter ready for the number of "Good Takes" I hear after a kid shoots it over the net with nobody at X. But hey, if it works every 1 out of 100x then it must be good....Right? Check please...

Sidearm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man, lax is back. Predicting a huge upset Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REGULATORS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

REGULATORS!

If at first you don’t succeed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout fleecing season is upon us. $95 to pay for the privilege of trying out for a team we've been on for years. Who else thinks this is not right. just a few years ago it was $40 or 50. Annoyed! And I can guarantee that roster numbers don't reset to normal pre-covid levels of 20-22 players

Rebels giving big discounts to all returning players and applying towards tuition. They seem to be the only program that gets it lately.

That’s because the Rebels Org is a joke. Who would want their kids playing for those clowns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow , regulators only lost by 1 goal
I guess the kid from Texas and the Wolfpack goalie couldn't make it to this one .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the kid from Texas and the Wolfpack goalie couldn't make it to this one .

Did they win?

Or another experience in playing the right way?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sidearm

Sidearm from 30 yards out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they win?

They must have learned a lot between the regular schedule and the Championship. It must be a special learning experience to give up a goal when you are 6-4 man up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting shift in the top of LI for this group. Express highly skilled, but lacks some size. 91 and Igloo have been rising over the last year or so and kinda sit at the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting shift in the top of LI for this group. Express highly skilled, but lacks some size. 91 and Igloo have been rising over the last year or so and kinda sit at the top.

express will be back. CoachC recruiting and best player back soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks like COVID is going to cost Express dearly. They still have the 2026 team to keep them from coming home empty handed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryout fleecing season is upon us. $95 to pay for the privilege of trying out for a team we've been on for years. Who else thinks this is not right. just a few years ago it was $40 or 50. Annoyed! And I can guarantee that roster numbers don't reset to normal pre-covid levels of 20-22 players

Rebels giving big discounts to all returning players and applying towards tuition. They seem to be the only program that gets it lately.

That’s because the Rebels Org is a joke. Who would want their kids playing for those clowns.
So much for the Regulator vs Rebel showdown. Rebels aren't even in the same class. They run a nice tournament though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks like COVID is going to cost Express dearly. They still have the 2026 team to keep them from coming home empty handed.

I think they are still a favorite. A little tough for them to break down the defense as they rely heavily on the dodge and the size hurts them for now, but if they bury their looks, they’ll be fine. They are good enough on defense and they have solid goalie play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they win?

As a parent, for the roughly $4000 price difference per year, I'll take the one goal loss..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they win?

As a parent, for the roughly $4000 price difference per year, I'll take the one goal loss..

There was never a 1 goal loss. Tourney Machine posted the wrong score initially.

Did you see the championship game? 91 up 12-3...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is the Favorite unless Exp brings in older kids as the others did. Regulators did a fine job of fine-tuning their roster this weekend with kids that were shaving and they didn't even have to give them team helmets. The only clear takeaway was there was one team that was really bad. Why would there be such a gap?

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is the Favorite unless Exp brings in older kids as the others did. Regulators did a fine job of fine-tuning their roster this weekend with kids that were shaving and they didn't even have to give them team helmets. The only clear takeaway was there was one team that was really bad. Why would there be such a gap?

What teams brought in older kids? I feel like this is always the excuse tossed around by loosing teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely untrue. Regulators same roster as always.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely untrue. Regulators same roster as always.

Same roster, another easy schedule, result, two losses and got smoked when it mattered. SMOKED!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smoked is what happened to the Red team. They couldnt get 1 win. The kids on other teams were calling out their 1 play for God's sake! . At least Regulators were competitive and made it to the finals . Yes, they took a beat of a beatdown that game but the performance overall for the day was admirable. In-No-rush was even competitive even though they went 0-3. A nice day of lacrosse that cleared up the lax landscape

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smoked is what happened to the Red team. They couldnt get 1 win. The kids on other teams were calling out their 1 play for God's sake! . At least Regulators were competitive and made it to the finals . Yes, they took a beat of a beatdown that game but the performance overall for the day was admirable. In-No-rush was even competitive even though they went 0-3. A nice day of lacrosse that cleared up the lax landscape

Truth is 91 seems to be on top mountain now and its well deserved, even if they have a few question marks of age. Seems like a lot of teams around the east coast do the same thing. Express is still great, Igloo has climbed into the conversation. The Regulators are for real and proved their spot and deserve to be in the WSYL. Rush is close to that next tier and Rebels have some work to do.

Looks to be a great competitive summer of lax on LI. Which in my opinion is great. It's never fun when one team is blowing everyone out...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Back when?? WSYL rosters cannot be changed. It's still 91 than everyone else. Yes they had some close games but the outcome was never in doubt.

There was some real classless behavior by a lot of coaches in the 2025 and 2026 divisions. You want to teach the kids to play the right way yet act scream like absolute lunatics' towards the refs. The igloo guy is going to have a heart attack and the 2026 team in gold uniforms should have their entire staff removed. Coaches try to lead by example this is youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth is 91 seems to be on top mountain now and its well deserved, even if they have a few question marks of age. Seems like a lot of teams around the east coast do the same thing. Express is still great, Igloo has climbed into the conversation. The Regulators are for real and proved their spot and deserve to be in the WSYL. Rush is close to that next tier and Rebels have some work to do.

Looks to be a great competitive summer of lax on LI. Which in my opinion is great. It's never fun when one team is blowing everyone out...

You sound way too level-headed to be part of this forum. Refreshing to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Back when?? WSYL rosters cannot be changed. It's still 91 than everyone else. Yes they had some close games but the outcome was never in doubt.

There was some real classless behavior by a lot of coaches in the 2025 and 2026 divisions. You want to teach the kids to play the right way yet act scream like absolute lunatics' towards the refs. The igloo guy is going to have a heart attack and the 2026 team in gold uniforms should have their entire staff removed. Coaches try to lead by example this is youth lacrosse.

Ya know what seems to be consistent is kids act like parents. 91 Parents should be teaching their kids to act like champions not try and prove things by trying to bully people. It's simple. 91 parents don't know how to act yet on this forum because they've been second best for so long. Now that they've finally figured a way to beat Coach C at his own game by adding questionable age kids on their roster they simply don't know how to act, so in turn your kids don't know how to act.

All the years on this forum we rarely hear from Express parents because they were too busy proving it every week on the field. Now hopefully 91 parents will do the same..

Just shut up and play...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Interesting shift in the top of LI for this group. Express highly skilled, but lacks some size. 91 and Igloo have been rising over the last year or so and kinda sit at the top.

WSYL is just an overpriced tournament. There is lacrosse after 7/3. The Express team is just on the wrong side of puberty at the moment. I agree they’ll be back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Above guy nailed it...They looked like 5th graders but their skills are still there. Once puberty kicks in or they add a kid, or 10, they will be fine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Above guy nailed it...They looked like 5th graders but their skills are still there. Once puberty kicks in or they add a kid, or 10, they will be fine

Very True, there is only so much a Skilled player can do that hasn't hit puberty against kids that are a year into puberty swinging sticks like Excalibur... They can break a pre pub kids leg the way they slash on every play. But hey if the refs don't want to call it then I guess keep doing it. At the end of the day Skill will win out its simply an in between year... Enjoy your run

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The six teams that played this weekend are the only AA teams left on the island. 91 appears to be the strongest of the group. Express is still very good but puberty kicked in and the other five teams are bigger, stronger and more athletic. Igloo and Regulators have both improved and are very solid teams. Rush/Rebels are still in this group but the gap between the top four and the bottom two is pretty big right now. I would enjoy watching these six teams play each other every weekend, making each other better and keep the out of state travel to a minimum. Gas prices are going up, traffic stinks and we already have some of the best beaches right here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regulators most improved and RUSH is gaining ground. Rebels? Not sure they are "AA"... Did you have a chance to play against them this weekend? They seem to be in disarray.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching them play. They just don’t pass the ball like the other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand all the regulators are most improved talk... a month ago they went 1-4 at the qualifiers , beating Legacy, who beat no one. Then they beat Rebels and Rush and are top 4? Come on....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well having 14,15 practices over the month, going over mistakes from 5 weeks ago, they look much improved. They change things up. They practice going over mistakes they made. The word is called coaching. Some teams are fortunate to have great coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't understand all the regulators are most improved talk... a month ago they went 1-4 at the qualifiers , beating Legacy, who beat no one. Then they beat Rebels and Rush and are top 4? Come on....

They played well yesterday and have a great coach. Not a bad situation. It’s all good, it’s just lax and should be fun. I still sit in disbelief regarding the lack playing time on these teams.I’ll never understand that. HS next year, your son needs to be on the best team that’s gives him the most amount of run. Otherwise it’s a waste iMHO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolf pack goalie was there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should call them the 91 slashers. That is all they know how to do. No college coach will tollerate the slashing. Good luck finding a college when you get older.

Page 35 of 53 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard