Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Two great games today. M&D over Skywalker's by one and Hero's over Pride by 5. It all came down to the draw. Congrats
Skywalkers definitely dominated the draw today but M&D was more opportunistic with their chances.

Exactly. Too much 1v1 and turnovers killed sw ! Coaches need to teach sharing the ball.

SW is much improved and strong at the draw but 3 pipe shots and mnd opting not to take the open goal shot at the end made the game closer then it should have been (score wise). MnD got a little too fancy at the end and should have put the game away. a heads up play by the defender kept it from going into ot.
Stalling the last 5 minutes helps too

Ok Anne. If you have the lead you can do this ! Your job is to get the ball away. It’s called protecting the lead and winning.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #329623 05/10/21 10:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES! Why are you all arguing about a play involving 8th graders? Nothing changes the outcome of the game. Just move on. You guys will play each other 10+ more times over the course of the next 4 years and the outcome will be different each and every time. Grow up and let these girls play and learn.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #329627 05/10/21 11:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mnd/sw should have been a 10-5 game. Even after mnd got smoked in draws, mnd couldn’t hit the net. And got more cards. Team effort grit defines winners. Also not putting the ball on the ground.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330218 05/15/21 09:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO vs Stars -- This seems to be a toss up. NEMS should definitely win their last game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330229 05/15/21 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO vs Stars -- This seems to be a toss up. NEMS should definitely win their last game.

Thanks for your assessment NEMS dad.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #330274 05/15/21 09:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your assessment NEMS dad.

You are most welcome, but
1. I am definitely not a NEMS dad
2. NEMS definitely won

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #330321 05/16/21 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoff lacrosse! Two games 1 goal separating both games. Exciting morning action. Hope next weekend is as exciting as this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #330325 05/16/21 11:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco black!!! Have yourself a day !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330340 05/16/21 02:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did play ok.

Not to take anything away from HoCo, but kind of sloppy all the way around from both teams from what I saw. The Skywalkers coach getting a yellow did not help their cause. SW seemed to have a small group of subs?

I can say this, the HoCo coach still has no clue how to run a draw and HoCo didn’t have much team offense. Heard several parents saying it would be great to have a real offense scheme like SW.

Watching the second half, I couldn’t believe how tired some of the players (middies I think?) were running the field. She must have run them into the ground? With a big bench, seems odd way to run lines. Amazing they beat SW given their coaching issues.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330346 05/16/21 02:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’d think someone from the hoco program would come in and give her some guidance on how to coach on all these important facets of the game. Otherwise the parents who had enough will look someplace else.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #330356 05/16/21 04:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did play ok.

Not to take anything away from HoCo, but kind of sloppy all the way around from both teams from what I saw. The Skywalkers coach getting a yellow did not help their cause. SW seemed to have a small group of subs?

I can say this, the HoCo coach still has no clue how to run a draw and HoCo didn’t have much team offense. Heard several parents saying it would be great to have a real offense scheme like SW.

Watching the second half, I couldn’t believe how tired some of the players (middies I think?) were running the field. She must have run them into the ground? With a big bench, seems odd way to run lines. Amazing they beat SW given their coaching issues.

You must not know lax. Skywalkers has no offense scheme. Called roll the ball out and who says they have good coaching there ? Congrats Hoco !

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330357 05/16/21 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’d think someone from the hoco program would come in and give her some guidance on how to coach on all these important facets of the game. Otherwise the parents who had enough will look someplace else.

Who’s better ? Mnd , sw and heros has better talent. Coach must have to done something right to win today over that talent ans superior coaching. Besides the HOco director and 24 coach helps out with 25 too.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330395 05/16/21 08:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
‘You must not know lax. Skywalkers has no offense scheme. Called roll the ball out and who says they have good coaching there ? Congrats Hoco ![/quote]

Congrats HoCo indeed. They won. Great job. It was not due to coaching.

That being said, ok pal. You are right. You know everything since I can honestly say what I see. I have nothing to do with SW so have no reason to be a fan boy.

What I have seen of SW is they run a good two man game, play to x, cut through middle, pass well, make extra pass Their clear and redefend was well done. They had a strategy for and worked the draw. Similar to other good teams.

What I have seen of HoCo is the HoCo coach would rather clog the middle, multiple cuts at once, put everyone above GLE, not maintain space, try to have one middie go to goal through four people, run the ball up on clear and not have a coherent redefend. They don’t work on draw at practice and have no strategy for draw.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330398 05/16/21 08:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who’s better ? Mnd , sw and heros has better talent. Coach must have to done something right to win today over that talent ans superior coaching. Besides the HOco director and 24 coach helps out with 25 too.

I am not sure they have better individual talent for all players. Up to a certain number, but perhaps better overall talent? Maybe 6 or 8 on roster are close to equal but rest of HoCo are lower? Just my opinion.

Coaching makes a difference. Luck makes a difference too.

As said in earlier posts, someone thought SKywalkers had a short roster today. I don’t know if that made a true difference but seeing the two teams play, based on many years of playing and coaching the game, you can see difference in coaching. HoCo coaching is sub par.

They just do a lot of things that really top tier teams don’t do. Hope it resolves itself through better coaching and I think they can compete at the highest levels.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330405 05/16/21 08:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The director/24 coach is an assistant coach for 25 but not sure how much she coaches when HC is there. I think most parents would welcome a more active role for her.

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 64 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard