Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
B_O_T_C #329764 05/12/21 06:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the last post that it's nice to see non-powerhouses becoming relevant!

Looking at Tuesday's scores:

I'm surprised that Fox Lane isn't more competitive. Only two goals scored against Y. What's going on in Bedford?

Mamo rocked L/P (17-3). It's looking like a good decision that Y ducked Mamo this year. How about the L/P's legacy names (Notico & Huf; two old school lax fathers) leading the way.

P'ville defeated JJ; is this the first time?

Rye knocked off B'cliff (15-14); the score does not reflect Rye's dominance at the faceoffs (25 out of 30). B'cliff is stewing over that loss.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #329786 05/12/21 09:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree with the last post that it's nice to see non-powerhouses becoming relevant!

Looking at Tuesday's scores:

I'm surprised that Fox Lane isn't more competitive. Only two goals scored against Y. What's going on in Bedford?

Mamo rocked L/P (17-3). It's looking like a good decision that Y ducked Mamo this year. How about the L/P's legacy names (Notico & Huf; two old school lax fathers) leading the way.

P'ville defeated JJ; is this the first time?

Rye knocked off B'cliff (15-14); the score does not reflect Rye's dominance at the faceoffs (25 out of 30). B'cliff is stewing over that loss.

Agree as well. But also agree as to the talent level. I watched the Pleasantville/JJ game and it was like a JV game in terms of overall play. What has happened to local lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #329809 05/12/21 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In regard to the level of play looking like a JV game, most 2021 players (seniors) last played as sophomores/JV.

Not every HS/program has a huge depth of club players. We are now witnessing the drop in level directly to the year off from lax. I coach a town U14 team in a non-traditional lax community and i was able to tell exactly who hasn't picked up a stick in 12+months when we started.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #329866 05/12/21 02:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most decent sophomores played varsity for the 2021 class, so they did have varsity experience. As for Y vs. Mamo, lohud rankings better put mamo up top, they would smoke Y this year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #329931 05/12/21 08:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most decent sophomores played varsity for the 2021 class, so they did have varsity experience. As for Y vs. Mamo, lohud rankings better put mamo up top, they would smoke Y this year.

[ChillLaxin]. Until then, keep living off the fumes from the dirty LI sound.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #329981 05/13/21 10:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only two Boys HS marquee games on today's schedule:

Byram Hills @ JJ katonah

and

P'ville @ Somers

I believe BH and P'ville will succeed.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330076 05/13/21 08:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having watched local lacrosse for about 15 years now (my youngest is graduating this year), I have 2 observations. (1) It is nice to see non-powerhouses becoming relevant and the "spreading of the wealth" is great for the game. However and maybe its just a down year but I don't feel the lacrosse does not looks very good this year and I feel the top teams of 3,4,5 years ago and especially older would absolutely destroy these top teams. I also feel this way about the top talent in general. it seemed like many more top D1 prospects were coming out of Westchester.

I agree that 3-4 years ago there was an insane run on talent in Section 1. Some of those teams (Westlake, JJ) will need miracle players to get back there. That could be just the cycle of things. But many top players bolted to preps, which brings up COVID. COVID really changed things. No surprise that programs like Rye, Mamo, Bville, etc. thriving as they do constant stuff from youth travel to winter leagues to summer leagues. Teams without that $, resources or strong foundation are making up for lost time. This season so fast and short, no time to improve much.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330078 05/13/21 08:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Mamo
2. Iona Prep
3. Town
4. Bcliff
5. Bville
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pville
9. Scars
10. Step

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330084 05/13/21 09:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to the Y game and overheard that Y decided not to play Mamo this year, when it was their turn to go down county.

I checked my sources and Y last played Mamo 03/23/2019, at Y and won 9-7.

With all of this info, sure seems Y is avoiding Mamo.

Best non-secret in Section 1- Y ducked Mamo. They were due to play at Mamo and refused. Maybe they can meet after regular season and call it a scrimmage to get ready for playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330101 05/14/21 04:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only two Boys HS marquee games on today's schedule:

Byram Hills @ JJ katonah

and

P'ville @ Somers

I believe BH and P'ville will succeed.

And Bronxville @ Iona

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #330107 05/14/21 07:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Touché; B'ville v Iona should have been on the marquee too. But, is usually look at the Prep' schools who have a clear recruiting advantage over the Town school programs. However, a big W (16-8) for Iona too. Wonder how many B'ville residents are on Iona? Will anyone provide some details in Iona's best players origins?

BH over a struggling JJ (9-6) was closer than I expected.

Somer's beat P'ville, only by 2 goals! Kudos to the Tuskers.

Not a big fan of the Rockland side, but how about Suffern getting spanked by Tappan Zee, WOW.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #330109 05/14/21 07:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No significant games listed on today's Lohud schedule.

But tomorrow, there are some good match ups:

Mamo v B'cliff: Can B'cliff bounce back and shock Mamo? That would take down Mamo's ego, especially since there was a nice write-up about LMYL and Mamo's transition to a higher level.

Rye should crush JJ.

The Murphy Cup! If Y loses, that should be the nail in Carney's coffin.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330112 05/14/21 07:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Touché; B'ville v Iona should have been on the marquee too. But, is usually look at the Prep' schools who have a clear recruiting advantage over the Town school programs. However, a big W (16-8) for Iona too. Wonder how many B'ville residents are on Iona? Will anyone provide some details in Iona's best players origins?

BH over a struggling JJ (9-6) was closer than I expected.

Somer's beat P'ville, only by 2 goals! Kudos to the Tuskers.

Not a big fan of the Rockland side, but how about Suffern getting spanked by Tappan Zee, WOW.

That being said about prep schools, it would have been really impressive if Bville had won yesterday's game, they held their own over the first half.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330148 05/14/21 11:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to the Y game and overheard that Y decided not to play Mamo this year, when it was their turn to go down county.

I checked my sources and Y last played Mamo 03/23/2019, at Y and won 9-7.

With all of this info, sure seems Y is avoiding Mamo.

Best non-secret in Section 1- Y ducked Mamo. They were due to play at Mamo and refused. Maybe they can meet after regular season and call it a scrimmage to get ready for playoffs.

Not really sure why Mamo is jocking Y-Town so much. Play your schedule and give it a rest, you have a very nice squad this year. When you catch up to Y-town's sectional and state championship victories then we will talk!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #330160 05/14/21 12:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time for Tim Schurr to go as well. Time to move on and rebuild.

Last edited by JesLax1; 05/14/21 12:45 PM.
Like Reply Quote
Page 194 of 199 1 2 192 193 194 195 196 198 199
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard