BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 112 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With yesterday in the books we now have to wait until next Saturday to see who the fourth and final playoff team will be. Will it be Hero’s (as I guess) or Coppermine? Either way it’s good to have a meaningful game the last week of the season. People have told me not to sleep on Coppermine because they have a really good team with a solid defense. Scores support that too. Hero’s is deep with some excellent attack players. Exciting. Waiting on the weekly write up and spreads before I place my bet this week. LOL

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With yesterday in the books we now have to wait until next Saturday to see who the fourth and final playoff team will be. Will it be Hero’s (as I guess) or Coppermine? Either way it’s good to have a meaningful game the last week of the season. People have told me not to sleep on Coppermine because they have a really good team with a solid defense. Scores support that too. Hero’s is deep with some excellent attack players. Exciting. Waiting on the weekly write up and spreads before I place my bet this week. LOL

Coppermine has had a very soft schedule right up until their last two games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won this weekend?
Any scores?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won this weekend?
Any scores?

Pride Red 14-0 over Integrity? What happened there?
BLC 5-4 over MD United? I expected double digits from BLC here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won this weekend?
Any scores?

Pride Red 14-0 over Integrity? What happened there?
BLC 5-4 over MD United? I expected double digits from BLC here.

I think that BLC got caught with being off for too long due to the schedule, They have not played in 3 weeks, and its hard keeping up the intensity when you are not playing.

Hats off to MU, holding it that close to BLC and M&D in 1 weekend says they might be trouble in the summer...

I am also puzzled by Pride's sudden abilities, I wont say what I am thinking, but .................................................

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 6

Integrity 27 vs Pride Red 27
Integrity 27 -3
Pride is in a bit of a free fall, I expect Integrity to come out pumped after two straight wins

BLC 27 vs MD United 27
BLC 27 -7
BLC has a 1/3 chance of winning it all I would say, and they want the division.

Coppermine Black 27 vs FCA Blue 27
Coppermine Black 27 -13
FCA season high goals is 5, and Coppermine will hit double digits for a third straight game.

NEMS 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's Green 27 -7
My gut tells me Hero's makes a statement in this critical game for 1st place.

M&D Black 27 vs MD United 27
M&D Black 27 -8
M&D is hitting their stride and they won't call off the dogs.

Skywalkers Blue 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride Red 27 -9
Pride needs this game to get back on the right track and get some positivity back

Integrity 27 vs Pride Red 27
Integrity 27 -3
Pride Red 13-0
I think there were some circumstances outside the control of both teams here, kudos to Pride, Integrity can look forward to summer tournaments

BLC 27 vs MD United 27
BLC 27 -7
BLC 5-4
Close game here, great defense by both teams, both squads played tough. BLC had a scare.

Coppermine Black 27 vs FCA Blue 27
Coppermine Black 27 -13
Coppermine Black 12-4
We will find out this weekend if Coppermine are legit or not.

NEMS 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's Green 27 -7
Hero's Green 27 8-3
NEMS hung in there but Hero's too much, as I assumed.

M&D Black 27 vs MD United 27
M&D Black 27 -8
M&D Black 11-7
Another good showing by MDU here, M&D gearing up for playoffs.

Skywalkers Blue 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride Red 27 -9
Pride Red 12-4
Went exactly as I though. Pride got its first two wins this weekend with M&D on the horizon.

MY observations, lots of the middle of the pack teams are getting better. The gap may be shrinking some, but its still the Big Three (Hero's M&D and BLC).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 7

Coppermine 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's -5
Its the game to show if Coppermine is legit or not.

M&D Black 27 vs Hero's White 27
M&D -8
M&D loves beating Hero's regardless of Green or White

NEMS 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
NEMS -11
Skywalkers has a way to go, NEMS will take it to them.

BLC Blue 27 vs Coppermine 27
BLC -4
BLC should take it to them but can BLC be consistent?

FCA 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
FCA -5
Nobody wants to finish in last place, both teams will play to avoid that

FCA 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's -12
This one could get ugly

Pride Red 27 vs M&D Black 27
M&D -8
Pride will try to keep it close. M&D can score in bunches.

NEMS 27 vs MD United 27
NEMS -3
MDU will need to win the draw to keep this game close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the games go today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I've noticed this season is how big/tall some of these girls are? It's possible some have hit their growth spurts in 6th grade but I can't help thinking some of these girls look like they are almost ready for high school?? Have parents re-classified their "6th grade" girls already???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing I've noticed this season is how big/tall some of these girls are? It's possible some have hit their growth spurts in 6th grade but I can't help thinking some of these girls look like they are almost ready for high school?? Have parents re-classified their "6th grade" girls already???

I noticed that too, some very tall kids out there, even the teams that didn’t perform great still have size.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

I expect SW to improve over the next few seasons, had a late start compared to most of these teams.

Not sure what you mean by late start for SW. They went 0-6 in the fall and only 1 loss was by fewer than 9 goals. Can't see this ship righting without a massive roster turnover. Saw their 14-2 loss to pride at Chesapeake and Pride could have scored 20 if they wanted to.

BLC was 5-1 in the fall, only loss by 2 to M&D in a game that was close late and most wins were decisive.

I tend not to read much into 4th grade and below NGLL games since lots of good girls are still playing rec level.

When I say late start, I am referring to the 2027 SW team not playing in NGLL in 2019, then due to COVID, not having a 2020 NGLL. There's a learning curve. As you state, some kids may have been playing rec which means they didn't play at all in 2019-2020 season.

No doubt they need to add a few kids from other clubs to start to compete.

Who would you put in your top-5?

Mine would be

1) Hero's Green
2) M&D Black
3) BLC
4) NEMS
5) Pride

Top 3 def the same

I'd go

1) Hero Green
2) M&D Black
3) BLC
4) Pride
5) MD United
6) LBC// NEMS / Coppermine

no real differentiation between 5 and 8 in my mind. I actually think outside of Heros this year as a general rule is well behing where comparable teams were the last 3 years. not sure if it is covid or just a down year in general

After NGLL regulation season, its clear Pride was a dissapointment.

NEMS obviously is in that four spot.
Coppermine could argue for fifth.
MD United and LBC are right there behind, and I wouldn't be shocked if they knocked off Coppermine head to head.

One could argue MDU is ahead of Coppermine, given they beat NEMS, but both lost by only 1 to BLC.
LBC actually beat MDU by 1, but got crushed by Coppermine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why you play the game to determine the winner. As said... any given day. Now clearly Hero’s, M&D and BLC are ahead to the pack but I would sleep on LBC. Coppermine, NEMS or MD United.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 7

Hero's -5
Its the game to show if Coppermine is legit or not.

M&D -8
M&D loves beating Hero's regardless of Green or White

NEMS -11
Skywalkers has a way to go, NEMS will take it to them.

BLC -4
BLC should take it to them but can BLC be consistent?

FCA -5
Nobody wants to finish in last place, both teams will play to avoid that

Hero's -12
This one could get ugly

M&D -8
Pride will try to keep it close. M&D can score in bunches.

NEMS 27 vs MD United 27
NEMS -3
MDU will need to win the draw to keep this game close

Hero's -5
Hero's 10-3.
Pretty much as expected. Tough matchups for Coppermine in last weekend.

M&D -8
M&D 11-5.
A moral victory for White as I thought this could have been much worse.

NEMS -11
NEMS 12-4
Skywalkers took some lumps in NGLL A league.

BLC -4
BLC 6-5.
Another tight game for BLC, doesn't seem like what you want for championship run.

FCA -5
FCA 8-3.
Hope you all placed your bets.

Hero's -12
Hero's 15-2
Green ran a track meet in this one, next stop for them is M&D.

M&D -8
M&D 8-4
Good for Pride for keeping this one respectable. Gives them something to build on.

NEMS 27 vs MD United 27
NEMS -3
MD United 5-3
Not the way NEMS wants to head into the playoffs, but this game doesn't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI- The surprising scores from last week don't tell the whole story. Not to say they girls didn't give their full effort while playing, but some of the teams that had already clinched the playoffs rested starters, tried some new combos out there, and played last week more as a scrimmage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Want a cookie? Who cares. Glad you felt the need to justify why some girls didn’t do as well as others. I bet some didn’t care because they already got scholarship offers from UNC, UMD, BC and others too? Let the girls play the game and be happy with their performance whether they win or not. They are 11 and 12 years old. Stop living through them and let them enjoy the time playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Want a cookie? Who cares. Glad you felt the need to justify why some girls didn’t do as well as others. I bet some didn’t care because they already got scholarship offers from UNC, UMD, BC and others too? Let the girls play the game and be happy with their performance whether they win or not. They are 11 and 12 years old. Stop living through them and let them enjoy the time playing.

Take relax a little! If you don’t like the material in this site don’t visit.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only score that was surprising would have been BLC just beating Coppermine. I doubt BLC used it as a scrimmage because a loss or tie would have had them playing our Hero’s. Coppermine actually plays a great defensive game that matches up well against BLC’s style of play. That game honestly didn’t surprise me. What else was surprising? The rest weren’t close. Best of luck to everyone this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Playoffs

Hero's Green 27 vs M&D Black 27
Hero's -2
M&D beat them earlier in the season but I thought things went just right for them to get that win. Its going to be close, but I think Hero's pulls it out.

BLC Blue 27 vs NEMS 27
BLC -3
I think BLC is the best all around team, but NEMS has the top player in the game. I think if its a low score, BLC wins this.

Championship
Hero's Green vs BLC Blue 27
Hero's Green -4
I think Hero's takes the NGLL, we will see, four good teams, no doubt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a forum that has regular prognostications. And justifies the reasons behind the prognostications -- including who has the best players. If those best players don't play significant time or coaches are trying new combinations, it's relevant.

Sorry to burst your bubble that your daughter's team played an opponent this week that had nothignt o paly for and was resting most of their starters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a forum that has regular prognostications. And justifies the reasons behind the prognostications -- including who has the best players. If those best players don't play significant time or coaches are trying new combinations, it's relevant.

Sorry to burst your bubble that your daughter's team played an opponent this week that had nothignt o paly for and was resting most of their starters.

I just laugh at the idea of a team “resting their starters” a week in advance of a playoff game.

Signed, a parent of a team in the final four NGLL 2027

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just laugh at the idea of a team “resting their starters” a week in advance of a playoff game.

Come on...these 12 year old's need a couple weeks to rest up for the playoff run! It's been a grueling 8 game season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its less about resting starters, more about giving more PT to girls who didn't get as much during the previous 6-7 games.

signed,

parent of a player in the 2026 NGLL final four.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The games today were amazing. The 4 teams are really the top 4. All 4 of them played for their lives, with the game getting away from Hero’s and Nems in the last 3 minutes of both games.

Congrats to the winners. The finals should be just as exciting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Playoffs

Hero's Green 27 vs M&D Black 27
Hero's -2
M&D beat them earlier in the season but I thought things went just right for them to get that win. Its going to be close, but I think Hero's pulls it out.

BLC Blue 27 vs NEMS 27
BLC -3
I think BLC is the best all around team, but NEMS has the top player in the game. I think if its a low score, BLC wins this.

Championship
Hero's Green vs BLC Blue 27
Hero's Green -4
I think Hero's takes the NGLL, we will see, four good teams, no doubt.

Championship Final
M&D Black 12
BLC Blue 2

An impressive performance by M&D 27 Black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is no one talking about the 12-2 victory by M&D against BLC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's there to talk about? Doesn't sound like an interesting game to watch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's there to talk about? Doesn't sound like an interesting game to watch

It was not, basically BLC did not turn up, if you watched the game they looked tired and uninterested. There must be issues in that camp, as the coaches could not get them going....But if you look at their last few games they have not really showed up...
Good news is that we won and no one can blame the Refs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it’s not about watching it. How did M&D beat BLC by 10? BLC didn’t score in the 2nd half of the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D dominated the draw and possessions. BLC barely had the ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D made a statement this weekend, they are the top 2027 team. Hopefully the MD teams do well in June against the NY/NJ/PA squads.

1) M&D Black
2) Hero's Green
3) BLC
4) NEMS

Not sure who goes the next few spots, but Summer tournaments will sort them out between Coppermine, LBC, MD United. Obviously the out of state games will be big in terms of measuring the 2027 local group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it’s not about watching it. How did M&D beat BLC by 10? BLC didn’t score in the 2nd half of the game

We are finally healthy. Told ya last mos. And no one believed me. Doubt and detest us because you ain't us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are finally healthy. Told ya last mos. And no one believed me. Doubt and detest us because you ain't us.

Get over yourself.

Out of curiosity how many 2008/2007 birth years are on that team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahahaha. You could not pay my daughter to play on that team. We don’t detest you because you won. Word is the team culture stinks on that team. But stay on that high horse. It makes the fall all the further. You are not invincible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What bad team culture? and how would you even know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What?? With a roster that size who isn’t on the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahahaha. You could not pay my daughter to play on that team. We don’t detest you because you won. Word is the team culture stinks on that team. But stay on that high horse. It makes the fall all the further. You are not invincible.

Your daughter isn’t talented enough to play there or she’d be there. Now zip it and go back to your C level team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your daughter isn’t talented enough to play there or she’d be there. Now zip it and go back to your C level team.

Try again. Made the team and opted to go elsewhere. And she doesn’t regret it one bit. Sometimes, there is more to the club experience than winning.

And, we don’t regret it either with some of the parents you have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^2027 parent^ : GET A GRIP! It’s a long road. When your turn comes to eat some humble pie ( and it will ) , it will be very bitter. PS- stop living through your child. That’s embarrassing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was curious when I saw the score what happened here.....wow.... congrats to M&D....surprising blowout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^2027 parent^ : GET A GRIP! It’s a long road. When your turn comes to eat some humble pie ( and it will ) , it will be very bitter. PS- stop living through your child. That’s embarrassing

Wrong. Not a parent on this team. Find your arrogance really funny though. Made it and left for better, awesome! Don’t go away mad , just go away !

Page 5 of 112 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard