BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 79 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HHH 2026 has some good guest players this year and a solid core. Some of their core players also play for the Tigers. I wouldn’t count them out yet
Will they play for HHH or Tigers in the spring league? That could probably make a big difference. I don't have a 2026, but that division is stacked. From what I know and have seen 2026s is one year where Philly area teams have legit national presence and can hang with MD and LI.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanted to say it was great being at the Proving Grounds yesterday for the Spring League. Things are starting to feel like we are getting back to normal. Philly special, hhh, tigers...whatever. at least we are back and playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanted to say it was great being at the Proving Grounds yesterday for the Spring League. Things are starting to feel like we are getting back to normal. Philly special, hhh, tigers...whatever. at least we are back and playing.
So true...as long as the boys are out there on the field I am happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have some info on the "playday" for the HS teams this past weekend at DTOWN? It looked like they had some good teams playing against each other early in the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True that parents and extended parents cant come to HS games?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From Radnor's web site:
General Information

Every student-participant will get two Central Athletic League Passes to give to their parents/guardians. Passes will be distributed to student athletes by coaches, who will then give two Central Athletic League passes to their parents/guardians.
All spectators must always wear masks when attending any indoor or outdoor events. Masks must be worn upon entering/exiting venues, during the competition, and whenever walking/moving about at outdoor events.
Concession stands will remain closed.
Spectators will be prohibited from congregating in groups. All spectators are asked to maintain six feet of social distancing. If guidelines are not being followed, you will be asked to leave the school premises and could be prohibited from returning for future games.
Spectators will be permitted to stand, remain in their designated seats or walk to their destination (seat, restroom, exit) provided that social distancing and masking protocols are followed.
Lawn chairs are welcome for events held at outdoor venues other than Prevost Field.
Student spectators are not permitted at any events.

Opposing Spectators

Two parents per opposing player will be allowed into the game. For Central League games, passes must be shown. For non-league games, a roster will be provided prior to the game and spectators will be checked in based on team players.

Away Games and Contests

Spectator rules for away games are at the discretion of the home team. We will follow their procedures as directed.
Our Athletic Department will share with our families on a weekly basis which contests will allow for spectators. We are playing both Central Athletic League contests as well as Non-Central Athletic League contests. Every school will set their own policy for spectators. Please keep an eye for communication from our Athletic Director, Mr. Friel.
When attending an away contest, Radnor parents/guardians must bring their Central Athletic League passes. Parents will not be permitted into the away venue without their passes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From Radnor's web site:
General Information

Every student-participant will get two Central Athletic League Passes to give to their parents/guardians. Passes will be distributed to student athletes by coaches, who will then give two Central Athletic League passes to their parents/guardians.
All spectators must always wear masks when attending any indoor or outdoor events. Masks must be worn upon entering/exiting venues, during the competition, and whenever walking/moving about at outdoor events.
Concession stands will remain closed.
Spectators will be prohibited from congregating in groups. All spectators are asked to maintain six feet of social distancing. If guidelines are not being followed, you will be asked to leave the school premises and could be prohibited from returning for future games.
Spectators will be permitted to stand, remain in their designated seats or walk to their destination (seat, restroom, exit) provided that social distancing and masking protocols are followed.
Lawn chairs are welcome for events held at outdoor venues other than Prevost Field.
Student spectators are not permitted at any events.

Opposing Spectators

Two parents per opposing player will be allowed into the game. For Central League games, passes must be shown. For non-league games, a roster will be provided prior to the game and spectators will be checked in based on team players.

Away Games and Contests

Spectator rules for away games are at the discretion of the home team. We will follow their procedures as directed.
Our Athletic Department will share with our families on a weekly basis which contests will allow for spectators. We are playing both Central Athletic League contests as well as Non-Central Athletic League contests. Every school will set their own policy for spectators. Please keep an eye for communication from our Athletic Director, Mr. Friel.
When attending an away contest, Radnor parents/guardians must bring their Central Athletic League passes. Parents will not be permitted into the away venue without their passes.

Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have some info on the "playday" for the HS teams this past weekend at DTOWN? It looked like they had some good teams playing against each other early in the season.

Kennet goes 3-0 and smokes Manheim. Beats DEAST by 1 and DWEST by 2 or 3. DEAST smokes palmyra n Manheim. Not to sure about the rest of DWEST games or WCEAST games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kennet goes 3-0 and smokes Manheim. Beats DEAST by 1 and DWEST by 2 or 3. DEAST smokes palmyra n Manheim. Not to sure about the rest of DWEST games or WCEAST games.

I wouldn't put too much into scrimmage results. Coaches are still working through Varsity rosters, lines, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't put too much into scrimmage results. Coaches are still working through Varsity rosters, lines, etc.

Very true but it sounds like the talk around Kennett and DEAST is legit. They are stacked with talent. The chesmont is probably theirs to lose. Given that WC East won the Chesmont 2 years ago, it will be interesting to see what their squad has left or if they are rebuilding.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true but it sounds like the talk around Kennett and DEAST is legit. They are stacked with talent. The chesmont is probably theirs to lose. Given that WC East won the Chesmont 2 years ago, it will be interesting to see what their squad has left or if they are rebuilding.

Garnet and Kennett should be top 2...Kennett fogo got hurt and the kid going to Harvard wasn't there they are going to be tough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Garnet and Kennett should be top 2...Kennett fogo got hurt and the kid going to Harvard wasn't there they are going to be tough

Both teams were missing players that is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Anyone have some info on the "playday" for the HS teams this past weekend at DTOWN? It looked like they had some good teams playing against each other early in the season.

Both teams were missing players that is true.[/quot

Did Springfield beat DEast as bad as the score showed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we can’t believe their hype machine. Games are played on the field. But it looks like annoying lax dads have graduated to high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was me...to be fair I have no kids who go to those schools....I was told they were the teams to beat. You are right, you have to play the games on the field. Makes me wonder if these kids were playing in the offseason or ......like you said....the hype machine is in full effect. Another 15 games or so to figure it out. Not a good start for the chesmont if this is the case. Just happy they are out there playing at this point.

Malvern represented...great win!!! I was surprised Haverford beat up on 'Stoga like they did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was me...to be fair I have no kids who go to those schools....I was told they were the teams to beat. You are right, you have to play the games on the field. Makes me wonder if these kids were playing in the offseason or ......like you said....the hype machine is in full effect. Another 15 games or so to figure it out. Not a good start for the chesmont if this is the case. Just happy they are out there playing at this point.

Malvern represented...great win!!! I was surprised Haverford beat up on 'Stoga like they did.

Why would you be surprised? One is a 50k a year private school that pretty much tells every kid they have to reclass and is 40 deep, the other is public school that is probably 2 kids short of having 10 legit starters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you be surprised? One is a 50k a year private school that pretty much tells every kid they have to reclass and is 40 deep, the other is public school that is probably 2 kids short of having 10 legit starters.

Let's be more supportive than this please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure you can put Conestoga in that bucket of not having 10 legit starters. Definitely one of the better teams in the PIAA. They beat EA last week.....which according to you is the "50k a year private school that pretty much tells every kid they have to reclass and is 40 deep".

Also...you may want to take a down a notch or two.....just trying to talk a little high school lacrosse. I don't argue your logic about the hold back (which is funny because it is true) but it all equals out as we move into the junior and senior year in terms of the quality of the individual player. Malvern/Haverford has 100 kids come out for lacrosse each year to make 3 teams and gives grants for kids to play for them. They are incredible but his is why they don't play in the PIAA. Good for them.... but talk about displacing so many kids who just want to play lax in high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure you can put Conestoga in that bucket of not having 10 legit starters. Definitely one of the better teams in the PIAA. They beat EA last week.....which according to you is the "50k a year private school that pretty much tells every kid they have to reclass and is 40 deep".

Also...you may want to take a down a notch or two.....just trying to talk a little high school lacrosse. I don't argue your logic about the hold back (which is funny because it is true) but it all equals out as we move into the junior and senior year in terms of the quality of the individual player. Malvern/Haverford has 100 kids come out for lacrosse each year to make 3 teams and gives grants for kids to play for them. They are incredible but his is why they don't play in the PIAA. Good for them.... but talk about displacing so many kids who just want to play lax in high school.

I was comparing them to Haverford...Stoga definitely one of the elite public schools and props to them for playing the schedule they do play you don't see many other public league schools even considering it. And you can't compare EA to MP or Haverford since they have to split everything 50/50 with the girls.
This year in PIAA is totally up for grabs, Radnor, Stoga, Garnet, Kennett, Springfield and Wissahicken all seem to be capable of making a run...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a disgruntled public school dad...who couldn't stand the heat in the Inter-Ac.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a disgruntled public school dad...who couldn't stand the heat in the Inter-Ac.

But is he wrong?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was comparing them to Haverford...Stoga definitely one of the elite public schools and props to them for playing the schedule they do play you don't see many other public league schools even considering it. And you can't compare EA to MP or Haverford since they have to split everything 50/50 with the girls.
This year in PIAA is totally up for grabs, Radnor, Stoga, Garnet, Kennett, Springfield and Wissahicken all seem to be capable of making a run...

Don't forget LaSalle who Haverford I know beat up on as well, but they get to play for the PIAA Championship. There are so many good lacrosse players in Philly area it is really getting Loaded.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interestingly enough when you look at the committs for the class of 22's here in Philly it's beyond light to say the least. College coaches have rendered their position on local Philly talent so i am not sure how you view Philly getting loaded. The Philly 21 group was a strong class, but the 22's weak, 23's weaker, but the 24's and 26's are really strong talent rich groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interestingly enough when you look at the committs for the class of 22's here in Philly it's beyond light to say the least. College coaches have rendered their position on local Philly talent so i am not sure how you view Philly getting loaded. The Philly 21 group was a strong class, but the 22's weak, 23's weaker, but the 24's and 26's are really strong talent rich groups.

I would say it has more to due with COVID and kids taking there extra years, it is really screwing the 22's and 23's...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, having no season last year and limited/not in person viewing for coaches last summer has made a huge impact. Laxrecords shows 47 D1 for 2021 and 24 for 2022 from PA so far, so I would expect the 2022 class to equal out to 2021 by this time next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, having no season last year and limited/not in person viewing for coaches last summer has made a huge impact. Laxrecords shows 47 D1 for 2021 and 24 for 2022 from PA so far, so I would expect the 2022 class to equal out to 2021 by this time next year.

The 24 class doesn't compare to either the 22 or 23's and 26's are in 7th grade so stop even mentioning them, but college rosters are loaded with 60 kids now due to the extra year. Than add the 21 recruit's its pretty easy to see why the #'s are down. Post grad years will be the new things....you give every kid in college an extra year so its the only way it will balance out. The re-classed kids will now be 21/22 year old freshman...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is those numbers don't seem to be down in other geographies. For example look in MD, 22 commits liter the landscape and they are certainly prone to the same conditions you highlight. Compare those numbers with PA and it indicates college evaluators are clearly saying the PA 22' talent pool isn't very strong compared to other areas. So my view is not personal but solely interpreting the facts based on commits which is a standard of measure to understand what the college evaluators are thinking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, looking at laxrecords, NY has 122 2021s committed and only 56 2022s. MD 74 vs 36, so using that data one could try to make the argument that the 2022 class is weak in general. I don't think so, as it all comes down to covid impact as looking at other sports there is a similar trend. It will be interesting to see if the post grads continue, or if this will just be a one or two year spike. A lot of the guys who did not return for a fifth year are regretting it, so we'll see. It definitely changes the recruiting landscape for several years....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The college lax player glut will not end until the 2024 class goes into college. Keep in mind...there are only a certain amount of scholarschips available for the entire team....throw in an extra year like we are having now....and that dramatically impacts the class of 2021, 22, 23.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw that Conestoga lost to Garnet Valley 13-9 yesterday. Looks like GV had a good day at the face-off. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out. How is Radnor this year, can they beat GV?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Academy New Church and how did they beat Springfield and Wissahickon? Just off games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ANC is legit. Small program. Good recruiting. Private school without the insane pricetag of inter-ac schools. No surprise that they got those W’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Academy New Church and how did they beat Springfield and Wissahickon? Just off games?
This is all you need to know about ANC Lax:
Head Coach: Jack Forster
Assistant Coaches: Kevin Forster, Brandon Asplundh, Niko Amato and Jack Rapine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ANC state champs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw that Conestoga lost to Garnet Valley 13-9 yesterday. Looks like GV had a good day at the face-off. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out. How is Radnor this year, can they beat GV?

Radnor could win it all....unless the private/public school LaSalle wins it again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ANC state champs!

ANC is legit...just needs more kids they only roster like 15 kids..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like its down to 4 teams with a shot to win...LaSalle, Kennett, Garnet and Radnor......never understand why LaSalle can play in the tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All good lacrosse teams. Radnor probably the most talented and best coached. LaSalle 40 man roster but only 10 kids play, rest standing on sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not recruit for
All good lacrosse teams. Radnor probably the most talented and best coached. LaSalle 40 man roster but only 10 kids play, rest standing on sidelines.

They do not recruit for lacrosse if that is what you are implying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do not recruit for

They do not recruit for lacrosse if that is what you are implying.

Sure they don't, but its still not a public school so if you have no boundaries you shouldn't play in the public league.
Kennett seems to be rolling right now, demolished DEast and Garnett Valley

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 79 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard