BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Boys 2022 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks to Express and Port for giving this thread some life.

Express, there is NO EXCUSE for falling to a town team.

Have no fear, the dirtbags at express will kick all of those kids off the team, even though the parents have all paid to be on the "A" team, when they have 4 more weekends of tryouts for Spring / Summer.

It's Lax season, let the trash talk begin.....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have to admit most of you guys are pretty pathetic, arguing over 3rd
Grade lax. It's indoor lacrosse!!! Take 5 steps and shoot!!! Get on a real
Field and see what goes on. Port parents stop thumping your chest over
A win over the express in indoor lax. Express parents stop whining you were
Missing your players. It's indoor lacrosse!!! It's 3rd graders, get a life!
The reality is no 3rd grader is that good, they are learning to play the
Game. Why don't you parents just let them. Stop worrying about scores!
I bet none of the kids care who won or even will remember. Just the parents.
pathetic.

I love it, BOTC is great for amongst other things, the trash talking. And nothing better than when it gets under a parents skin and they get all high and mighty and tell you how pathetic you are and how youth sports works etc. Now that we are playing outside ball (for those of you not ducking the tougher competition in Spring leagues)...Let the real trash talking begin. I also agree with the post about LI Express, NEVER should a $2,000 elite travel program lose to a town team (espcially Port, which has some good players but is not a select town team that had tryouts and pulled from a pool of 60 players). And NEVERRRRRRR if your travel team loses to a town team should you make excuses that players werent there, instead you should just lay low. LI Express also lost to 2nd grade 91 in Santa Jam.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face it, anyone on a class of 2022 thread on a Sunday is a little nuts, including the guy calling everyone else pathetic. Bottom line is everyone should try to keep comments on the positive side. There is nothing wrong with reporting scores of games or speaking highly about certain teams or games. But there is really no excuse for bashing other teams that are made up of 9 year old kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to admit most of you guys are pretty pathetic, arguing over 3rd
Grade lax. It's indoor lacrosse!!! Take 5 steps and shoot!!! Get on a real
Field and see what goes on. Port parents stop thumping your chest over
A win over the express in indoor lax. Express parents stop whining you were
Missing your players. It's indoor lacrosse!!! It's 3rd graders, get a life!
The reality is no 3rd grader is that good, they are learning to play the
Game. Why don't you parents just let them. Stop worrying about scores!
I bet none of the kids care who won or even will remember. Just the parents.
pathetic.

I love it, BOTC is great for amongst other things, the trash talking. And nothing better than when it gets under a parents skin and they get all high and mighty and tell you how pathetic you are and how youth sports works etc. Now that we are playing outside ball (for those of you not ducking the tougher competition in Spring leagues)...Let the real trash talking begin. I also agree with the post about LI Express, NEVER should a $2,000 elite travel program lose to a town team (espcially Port, which has some good players but is not a select town team that had tryouts and pulled from a pool of 60 players). And NEVERRRRRRR if your travel team loses to a town team should you make excuses that players werent there, instead you should just lay low. LI Express also lost to 2nd grade 91 in Santa Jam.

I don't buy this logic at all. If a team gets lucky enough to get two great players it changes everything. It's like saying an elite basketball team isn't any good because they lost to a town team with LBron James on it when he was 9 , or a football team that had EmmitSmith. Listen, I don't get the hub bub about Express, it's a ton of money and I think St Anthony's isn't worth the money, but doesn't that Chanawoodchuck have two kids at Maryland ? That program has produced a lot of great players, because their current 9 year old team is not that good is not a bellwether

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to this whole botc thing, but it seems like there is a lot of
Negativity towards 3 specific clubs: Express, team 91 and on the
Girls side the yellow jackets. Can someone please explain this to me.
Are they bad clubs? Do they not do the right thing? What is it?
And with that why are clubs like the outlaws, team long island, true blue,
And others never really talked about? How do those clubs stack up?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shamrock Shootout is almost here!!!!!!
I'm hoping for some great trash talk after the weekend.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I'm new to this whole botc thing, but it seems like there is a lot of Negativity towards 3 specific clubs: Express, team 91 and on the Girls side the yellow jackets. Can someone please explain this to me.
The easiest explanation is that these are the largest and most prominent clubs on Long Island.

Are they bad clubs? Do they not do the right thing? What is it?
Define how you want to measure "bad" and what your family considers the "right thing". These clubs tend to be the most competitive clubs and do tend to travel to find the strongest competition. These clubs do not play local competitions as often as some readers might prefer however participants should know that before signing up.

And with that why are clubs like the outlaws, team long island, true blue, And others never really talked about? How do those clubs stack up?
These clubs each have their own threads on the boys side along with the Top Guns, Liberty, and others on the girls side.

All of these clubs will have their supporters and detractors based on what your family is seeking from a program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good explanation. And we can't underestimate the fact that with success often comes jealousy and I am sure that contributes to the negative comments about some of these clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's friend plays for 2022 LI Express and he paid $275 for the Spring OBLL. 20 players x $275 = $5,500. The League costs $2,000?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's friend plays for 2022 LI Express and he paid $275 for the Spring OBLL. 20 players x $275 = $5,500. The League costs $2,000?

And the guy who runs OBLL, also runs Express.
And the league is run horribly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Express is not in the spring Oyster Bay Lacrosse League, so your info is wrong. My son is on the 2022 Express Terps. We paid extra for indoor practices and the winter indoor season, that was it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Express is not in the spring Oyster Bay Lacrosse League, so your info is wrong. My son is on the 2022 Express Terps. We paid extra for indoor practices and the winter indoor season, that was it.

Did 2022 express not play 2023 express in the OBLL? They're in the schedule. Why doesn't express come play with 91 and igloo? Why no 2022 express at shamrock? Is terps the "B" or "C" team that lost to port in the hub and lost to 2023 91 at santa jam? Is terps different than the honey badgers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really if you log onto your express account there is the option for all grades including 2022 and 2023 express to join OBLL for $275

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where the express are majority owners of the Sports HUB. What no family discount?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did 2022 express not play 2023 express in the OBLL? They're in the schedule. Why doesn't express come play with 91 and igloo? Why no 2022 express at shamrock? Is terps the "B" or "C" team that lost to port in the hub and lost to 2023 91 at santa jam? Is terps different than the honey badgers?

Somebody (or somebodies) is obsessed with the Express. You guys should really find some other hobbies besides worrying about the Express and where they are playing and who they are beating or losing to. Really.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow somebody really doesn't like the 2022 express. I guess your kid didn't make the team or you weren't willing to pay the $. But really: the 2022 express are NOT in the obll
That is a fact, no matter what you say or what you think. They did not play he honey badgers nor are they playing any games in that league. If you think otherwise then prove me wrong and show me the results of their games from obll. And another thing calm down about igloo and 91, your acting like they are these great teams, they re in 3rd grade, half of em will probably quit in a few yrs cause they didn't live up to their parents crazy expectations!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow somebody really doesn't like the 2022 express. I guess your kid didn't make the team or you weren't willing to pay the $. But really: the 2022 express are NOT in the obll
That is a fact, no matter what you say or what you think. They did not play he honey badgers nor are they playing any games in that league. If you think otherwise then prove me wrong and show me the results of their games from obll. And another thing calm down about igloo and 91, your acting like they are these great teams, they re in 3rd grade, half of em will probably quit in a few yrs cause they didn't live up to their parents crazy expectations!!!!

2022 express didn't have tryouts everyone made the team. And when more kids were interested they made another team. On the schedule Chanenchuk sent out lay week 2022 express was to play the 2023 honey boohboohs on Sunday at field of dreams. When will express come out and play some local 3rd grade travel teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SATURDAY MARCH 16TH Field #2 SUNDAY MARCH 17TH Field #2
TIME TEAM VS. TEAM TIME TEAM VS. TEAM
9AM 9AM LI EXPRESS 2023 LI EXPRESS 2022
10AM 10AM Outlaws 2017 Silver RVC Future 7/8 B
11AM 11AM Team 516 LI EXPRESS 2021 TERPS
12PM 12PM
1PM 1PM
2PM 2PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why isn't 2022 express playing in OBLL? Why weren't they at shamrock with igloo, 91 orange and white, true blue, team Li, excel, millions etc? Maybe they are the best team in the country but who would know, they don't play anyone. To slight 91 or igloo is to slight every 4th grade town team they have beaten and every 3rd grade travel team they beat. Li express has done nothing but lose to 2nd grade travel teams and third grade town teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It still amazes me that you are sitting here ripping into 8 yr olds! What's wrong with you?you need to take a step back and evaluate yourself. If you get this angry about 3rd grade lacrosse maybe it's time to take your kids out all together. It seems to me you are going to be one of those parents we see on the news going crazy at one of their kids games. Way too much venom directed towards one club-express. Just say what you really feel-you don't like the directors or whatever but leave the 8 and I repeat 8!!!! Yr olds out of it. They are just playing lacrosse. They make no decisions. They don't care if they play 91, igloo or Alaska!!! As long as they play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It still amazes me that you are sitting here ripping into 8 yr olds! What's wrong with you?you need to take a step back and evaluate yourself. If you get this angry about 3rd grade lacrosse maybe it's time to take your kids out all together. It seems to me you are going to be one of those parents we see on the news going crazy at one of their kids games. Way too much venom directed towards one club-express. Just say what you really feel-you don't like the directors or whatever but leave the 8 and I repeat 8!!!! Yr olds out of it. They are just playing lacrosse. They make no decisions. They don't care if they play 91, igloo or Alaska!!! As long as they play.

I dont see any ripping into 8 year olds or any mention of 8 year olds, the decision to avoid other teams is that of the coaches and directors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break, sounds like someone's jealous of he express!!!! Up to the kids: any time anywhere baby!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry but I have to intervene here- NOBODY is jealous of express!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a record of who won and lost in the OBLL? That would be interesting to see. And for all the haters, take it for what it is worth, just something interesting to see. It does not mean one team is better than another. These teams change every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where the express are majority owners of the Sports HUB. What no family discount?

PLEASE get your information correct!!!! Express and its Directors are in NO way owners of the HUB!!!!!! Just because a program practices and plays and hangs a banner up does not mean they are owners!!! The HUB is a business that is owned by a group of business people,from various backgrounds not a lax club.There may happen to be a few business men that have children that play lacrosse in different towns included,but they are not the directors of any one "club" team.A parent of a former Express team did in the past run the lax operations at the HUB.That parent is no longer involved in the business of the HUB or the Express organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 Smash beating up teamsin Maryland in 7/8 bracket .... They're prob mostly all 9 yr olds. Same as 2020 crush in 9/10 ????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash will be much better!! Superior coaching compared to crush. Plus Smash is coached by a Hall of Famer! Crush is only 2 kids, not a true team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smash are all eligible under MD U9 rules. Learn the rule book.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2022 Smash beating up teamsin Maryland in 7/8 bracket .... They're prob mostly all 9 yr olds. Same as 2020 crush in 9/10 ????

Smash lost to a MD team in the finals.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Smash lost to a MD team in the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's right. Lost to a very good team that played up a division the week before. They were the best team we have faced so far. Congrats. Hopefully we can play some more. Ty for the quality game.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That's right. Lost to a very good team that played up a division the week before. They were the best team we have faced so far. Congrats. Hopefully we can play some more. Ty for the quality game.

Dbacks are a 2022 team with a few 2023 players great game hope to see team 91 again. 91 is a great program.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Igloo 2-1 (lost in braveheart) in pool play then lost in semifinals at summer exposure Maryland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by MDlaxer
Igloo 2-1 (lost in braveheart) in pool play then lost in semifinals at summer exposure Maryland.

Igloo had a great time in MD. Very well run tournament a lot of good competition. We had a great weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn't there, but if history tells us anything,the MD teams play down. If your an MD team and a 2022 you play in that bracket based on the grade you left, not the grade you're going into like LI teams. MD teams play down. Always have always will!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn't there, but if history tells us anything,the MD teams play down. If your an MD team and a 2022 you play in that bracket based on the grade you left, not the grade you're going into like LI teams. MD teams play down. Always have always will!

I have heard the same thing. I beleive the difference is nothing more than LI Teams adhere to grade based guidlines as well as U-9/11/13/15 etc. So in the case of an out of state tournament in the U-9 bracket, a LI Team would be all 3rd graders and all born after 8/31/2003 whereas a MD Team (and the rest of the country for that matter) would ONLY adhere to the U-9 (born after 8/31/2003). So a MD team could have 4th graders as long as they are U-9. Regardless, we have always found the competition in MD to be good and fair and if they do in fact have kids 3-4 months older than ours, so what.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the MD lax kids play more of a physical game, too. The refs allowed a lot more contact than LI officials. The use of poles at the U-9 and U-11 level is another big difference, but not necessarily an advantage for all using it.
Some poles were very skilled, but an equal number were a liability. Nice experience.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
All MD teams follow US lacrosse rules 8/31/03 as cut off. Long poles are used as 52 inches we played 91 smash and they had the same long poles. Some MD teams are heading to laxfest this week it should be good competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have heard the same thing. I beleive the difference is nothing more than LI Teams adhere to grade based guidlines as well as U-9/11/13/15 etc. So in the case of an out of state tournament in the U-9 bracket, a LI Team would be all 3rd graders and all born after 8/31/2003 whereas a MD Team (and the rest of the country for that matter) would ONLY adhere to the U-9 (born after 8/31/2003). So a MD team could have 4th graders as long as they are U-9. Regardless, we have always found the competition in MD to be good and fair and if they do in fact have kids 3-4 months older than ours, so what.

If it was grade based brackets and they played by their rules, the grade they are coming out of, not the grade their going into, they would be a minimum year older! Doesn't make too much difference at this age, but as they get older it becomes an issue. All tournaments should be aged based with birth certificate verification.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All MD teams follow US lacrosse rules 8/31/03 as cut off. Long poles are used as 52 inches we played 91 smash and they had the same long poles. Some MD teams are heading to laxfest this week it should be good competition.

I really like that the Long Island teams are venturing to MD and vice-versa, I think it is great for the sport. My son's team played some good competition in MD. We had no issue with grade vs. U-9, no controversy at all. The games were no more physcial than LI tournament ball and the long pole rules were no different.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard