BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 96 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 95 96
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT 24 team will probably be
8-10 Eclipse
3-4 EN
3-4 PrimeTime
3-4 2Way

Not much else

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay, let us now get some posts going on:
1. HS. Bville utterly destroyed JJ. Somers almost beat Pac. Pville racking up stats until they play tough comp. Pelham, Mamo, Scars all crushed weaker teams. Wish Ytown, Mmnk, Iona would play each other this season. How many underclassmen start at Stepinac?
2. How may HS are having modified seasons for 7/8? Seems better lax schools doing it but smaller or weaker schools skipping. Rich get richer. Can we change the name "modified" to anything else. Out of state family assume my kids are in special ed sports.
3. Does your town travel youth team have das coaches or hired guns?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has JJ ever lost to Scarsdale before?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1. HS. Bville utterly destroyed JJ. Somers almost beat Pac. Pville racking up stats until they play tough comp. Pelham, Mamo, Scars all crushed weaker teams. Wish Ytown, Mmnk, Iona would play each other this season. How many underclassmen start at Stepinac?
2. How may HS are having modified seasons for 7/8? Seems better lax schools doing it but smaller or weaker schools skipping. Rich get richer. Can we change the name "modified" to anything else. Out of state family assume my kids are in special ed sports.

Two years ago i spoke with a Katonah lifer, who played in college and coaches both youth and club, that hardly anyone with lax experience and has the ability to coach, is moving into the area. As a result, he said that JJ HS will be on a downward cycle.

For the other teams you mentioned, B'ville, Pville, Pel, Mamo, Scar & Y, well they all play Briarcliff and I have said before, watch out for B'cliff. They may be the new power house that has stability.

I'm in a weaker school district and we have modified. The varsity level is BAD and it should consider folding the Varsity level in the coming years and just allow the modified level to develop. Since my son is on modified, i know that Carmel, Haldane and Pawling had to drop the modified teams this season.

I agree that the term "modified" is strange. I just refer to it as the Middle School team and my friends outside the area say that's cool that we have a middle school team.

Our Rec town program still relies upon volunteer parents to teach, which has directly led to the slow death of the HS team. However, the HV league is almost there in making all youth coaches be USL certified, which will help raise the level of player development in the weaker towns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the other teams you mentioned, B'ville, Pville, Pel, Mamo, Scar & Y, well they all play Briarcliff and I have said before, watch out for B'cliff. They may be the new power house that has stability.

Yup, Bcliff has a group of seniors an juniors who can really play. But then I think in future years will be in trouble with weaker pipeline. Byram also seems to be having consistent success across major sports and that means good athletes for lax too.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, Bcliff has a group of seniors an juniors who can really play. But then I think in future years will be in trouble with weaker pipeline. Byram also seems to be having consistent success across major sports and that means good athletes for lax too.

Briarcliff v Yorktown May 21st 7:00 When the rubber meets the road.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone always overhyping Yorktown. They are missing their best player and do not have the all around depth of these other teams, you will see very soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone always overhyping Yorktown. They are missing their best player and do not have the all around depth of these other teams, you will see very soon.

Let's be fair, Y deserves the hype! They have established themselves a long time ago and the continue to be the program that produces high caliber players. Are they the powerhouse that they once were, NO.

I'm excited for their season to begin and it will be a great test for them. Their Rye game (5/17) should be the first true test, imo. After that game we should have enough to gage them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To bad Ytown and Mamo are not playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To bad Ytown and Mamo are not playing.

You are RIGHT! But they both have the following 5 teams (Pac, Somers, Rye, B'cliff & Jay).

Y finishes with B'xville and that could be for unofficial Sect 1 bragging rights.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not from Y, but have been a big fan of them since the 80's & 90's.

I went to the Y game and overheard that Y decided not to play Mamo this year, when it was their turn to go down county.

I checked my sources and Y last played Mamo 03/23/2019, at Y and won 9-7.

With all of this info, sure seems Y is avoiding Mamo. Could you have imagined the uproar if Y went down to Mamo and received a beating! Heads would roll IMO.

Maybe it is time for a change at Y

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had heard the same...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's time for Coach Carney to move on and let someone else raise the level.

Is Carney a school teacher in the district?

Marr will never come back, can't blame him or the school for getting rid of him years ago.

Who else would be candidates to take the helm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about Yorktown coach, but Briarcliff just beat Bronxville which is big deal. If there was a state tournament, winner of class d in the section wouldve likely won the state championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares about Yorktown coach, but Briarcliff just beat Bronxville which is big deal. If there was a state tournament, winner of class d in the section wouldve likely won the state championship.

Having watched local lacrosse for about 15 years now (my youngest is graduating this year), I have 2 observations. (1) It is nice to see non-powerhouses becoming relevant and the "spreading of the wealth" is great for the game. However and maybe its just a down year but I don't feel the lacrosse does not looks very good this year and I feel the top teams of 3,4,5 years ago and especially older would absolutely destroy these top teams. I also feel this way about the top talent in general. it seemed like many more top D1 prospects were coming out of Westchester.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the last post that it's nice to see non-powerhouses becoming relevant!

Looking at Tuesday's scores:

I'm surprised that Fox Lane isn't more competitive. Only two goals scored against Y. What's going on in Bedford?

Mamo rocked L/P (17-3). It's looking like a good decision that Y ducked Mamo this year. How about the L/P's legacy names (Notico & Huf; two old school lax fathers) leading the way.

P'ville defeated JJ; is this the first time?

Rye knocked off B'cliff (15-14); the score does not reflect Rye's dominance at the faceoffs (25 out of 30). B'cliff is stewing over that loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the last post that it's nice to see non-powerhouses becoming relevant!

Looking at Tuesday's scores:

I'm surprised that Fox Lane isn't more competitive. Only two goals scored against Y. What's going on in Bedford?

Mamo rocked L/P (17-3). It's looking like a good decision that Y ducked Mamo this year. How about the L/P's legacy names (Notico & Huf; two old school lax fathers) leading the way.

P'ville defeated JJ; is this the first time?

Rye knocked off B'cliff (15-14); the score does not reflect Rye's dominance at the faceoffs (25 out of 30). B'cliff is stewing over that loss.

Agree as well. But also agree as to the talent level. I watched the Pleasantville/JJ game and it was like a JV game in terms of overall play. What has happened to local lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In regard to the level of play looking like a JV game, most 2021 players (seniors) last played as sophomores/JV.

Not every HS/program has a huge depth of club players. We are now witnessing the drop in level directly to the year off from lax. I coach a town U14 team in a non-traditional lax community and i was able to tell exactly who hasn't picked up a stick in 12+months when we started.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most decent sophomores played varsity for the 2021 class, so they did have varsity experience. As for Y vs. Mamo, lohud rankings better put mamo up top, they would smoke Y this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most decent sophomores played varsity for the 2021 class, so they did have varsity experience. As for Y vs. Mamo, lohud rankings better put mamo up top, they would smoke Y this year.

[ChillLaxin]. Until then, keep living off the fumes from the dirty LI sound.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only two Boys HS marquee games on today's schedule:

Byram Hills @ JJ katonah

and

P'ville @ Somers

I believe BH and P'ville will succeed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having watched local lacrosse for about 15 years now (my youngest is graduating this year), I have 2 observations. (1) It is nice to see non-powerhouses becoming relevant and the "spreading of the wealth" is great for the game. However and maybe its just a down year but I don't feel the lacrosse does not looks very good this year and I feel the top teams of 3,4,5 years ago and especially older would absolutely destroy these top teams. I also feel this way about the top talent in general. it seemed like many more top D1 prospects were coming out of Westchester.

I agree that 3-4 years ago there was an insane run on talent in Section 1. Some of those teams (Westlake, JJ) will need miracle players to get back there. That could be just the cycle of things. But many top players bolted to preps, which brings up COVID. COVID really changed things. No surprise that programs like Rye, Mamo, Bville, etc. thriving as they do constant stuff from youth travel to winter leagues to summer leagues. Teams without that $, resources or strong foundation are making up for lost time. This season so fast and short, no time to improve much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Mamo
2. Iona Prep
3. Town
4. Bcliff
5. Bville
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pville
9. Scars
10. Step

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I went to the Y game and overheard that Y decided not to play Mamo this year, when it was their turn to go down county.

With all of this info, sure seems Y is avoiding Mamo.

Best non-secret in Section 1- Y ducked Mamo. They were due to play at Mamo and refused. Maybe they can meet after regular season and call it a scrimmage to get ready for playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only two Boys HS marquee games on today's schedule:

Byram Hills @ JJ katonah

and

P'ville @ Somers

I believe BH and P'ville will succeed.

And Bronxville @ Iona

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Touché; B'ville v Iona should have been on the marquee too. But, is usually look at the Prep' schools who have a clear recruiting advantage over the Town school programs. However, a big W (16-8) for Iona too. Wonder how many B'ville residents are on Iona? Will anyone provide some details in Iona's best players origins?

BH over a struggling JJ (9-6) was closer than I expected.

Somer's beat P'ville, only by 2 goals! Kudos to the Tuskers.

Not a big fan of the Rockland side, but how about Suffern getting spanked by Tappan Zee, WOW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No significant games listed on today's Lohud schedule.

But tomorrow, there are some good match ups:

Mamo v B'cliff: Can B'cliff bounce back and shock Mamo? That would take down Mamo's ego, especially since there was a nice write-up about LMYL and Mamo's transition to a higher level.

Rye should crush JJ.

The Murphy Cup! If Y loses, that should be the nail in Carney's coffin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Touché; B'ville v Iona should have been on the marquee too. But, is usually look at the Prep' schools who have a clear recruiting advantage over the Town school programs. However, a big W (16-8) for Iona too. Wonder how many B'ville residents are on Iona? Will anyone provide some details in Iona's best players origins?

BH over a struggling JJ (9-6) was closer than I expected.

Somer's beat P'ville, only by 2 goals! Kudos to the Tuskers.

Not a big fan of the Rockland side, but how about Suffern getting spanked by Tappan Zee, WOW.

That being said about prep schools, it would have been really impressive if Bville had won yesterday's game, they held their own over the first half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best non-secret in Section 1- Y ducked Mamo. They were due to play at Mamo and refused. Maybe they can meet after regular season and call it a scrimmage to get ready for playoffs.

Not really sure why Mamo is jocking Y-Town so much. Play your schedule and give it a rest, you have a very nice squad this year. When you catch up to Y-town's sectional and state championship victories then we will talk!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time for Tim Schurr to go as well. Time to move on and rebuild.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure why the history matters, we're talking about the present. Yankees have a bunch of titles arent even close to best today. Irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the overlap/influence of PrimeTime has doomed JJ. PT director has been a JJ HS asst coach. Over the past 7-8 years, lots of JJ kids have filled the PT rosters at the young grade levels (say 3rd - 6th). Then in middle school up to high school, most of those JJ players have gotten cut by PT as other talent rolls in each year (including many repeats) from surrounding towns and sometimes far away. Lots of JJ kids have gotten disillusioned and quit the sport through that process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Mamo
2. Iona Prep
3. Town
4. Bcliff
5. Bville
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pville
9. Scars
10. Step

Why even put Iona Prep in rankings. They get to pull from all those towns so its not apples to apples. Rank them against the private school competition in the area 1- Wick, 2- St Anthony's 3- Chaminade 4- Iona Prep. 5- RCDS 6-Fairfield Prep 7- Stepinac 8-Kellenberg 9- Fordham 10- does it matter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Mamo
2. Iona Prep
3. Town
4. Bcliff
5. Bville
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pville
9. Scars
10. Step

Why even put Iona Prep in rankings. They get to pull from all those towns so its not apples to apples. Rank them against the private school competition in the area 1- Wick, 2- St Anthony's 3- Chaminade 4- Iona Prep. 5- RCDS 6-Fairfield Prep 7- Stepinac 8-Kellenberg 9- Fordham 10- does it matter

Because this is the Westchester lacrosse thread not the Westchester public school lacrosse thread... In a normal year when any of the public HS beat up on Iona, Stepinac, RCDS, Fordham etc... you can bet those victories would be taken into account in determining rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the overlap/influence of PrimeTime has doomed JJ. PT director has been a JJ HS asst coach. Over the past 7-8 years, lots of JJ kids have filled the PT rosters at the young grade levels (say 3rd - 6th). Then in middle school up to high school, most of those JJ players have gotten cut by PT as other talent rolls in each year (including many repeats) from surrounding towns and sometimes far away. Lots of JJ kids have gotten disillusioned and quit the sport through that process.

I disagree. Look, PT is a top nationally ranked club team, JJ would be lucky to have 1 or 2 kids per year in the HS team. If kids get cut , need to get over themselves. You don’t need to be PT level to contribute on the HS team. THE issue is Timmy, not connected to the kids in any way throughout the year, doesn’t do any work out side practice and game day, just shows up and coaches. No investment in kids or program. Cuts anyone he thinks won’t contribute, shouldn’t a good coach develop kids? Coaching philosophy from 1980’s that doesn’t motivate or work in 2021. Yorktown would never allow only 24 kids on a team. He needs to go, let the alum take over. Daniello has done more for the program than anyone at this point, someone like him is connected to the kids, can recruit athletes and build back what Timmy crumbled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Mamo
2. Iona Prep
3. Town
4. Bcliff
5. Bville
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pville
9. Scars
10. Step

True. Sick of how polls and rankings, even a random dad post like this, includes private schools with their recruiting. It is not apples to apples. Just keep them separate.

1. Mamo
2. Town
3. Bcliff
4. Bville
5. Scars
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pelham
9. Byram
10. JJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really sure why Mamo is jocking Y-Town so much. Play your schedule and give it a rest, you have a very nice squad this year. When you catch up to Y-town's sectional and state championship victories then we will talk!

It's like 2-3 people posting YTown was due to play at Mamaroneck this year. I doubt it's Mamaroneck players and dads flooding this board. If so I'd expect way more smack. I'm not in Mamaroneck and I'm rooting for the matchup and have no problem echoing others that Ytown last played them in Ytown. But I have no idea what happened in scheduling this season. Fun to push the story. We need some new rivalry action in our area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. Look, PT is a top nationally ranked club team, JJ would be lucky to have 1 or 2 kids per year in the HS team. If kids get cut , need to get over themselves. You don’t need to be PT level to contribute on the HS team. THE issue is Timmy, not connected to the kids in any way throughout the year, doesn’t do any work out side practice and game day, just shows up and coaches. No investment in kids or program. Cuts anyone he thinks won’t contribute, shouldn’t a good coach develop kids? Coaching philosophy from 1980’s that doesn’t motivate or work in 2021. Yorktown would never allow only 24 kids on a team. He needs to go, let the alum take over. Daniello has done more for the program than anyone at this point, someone like him is connected to the kids, can recruit athletes and build back what Timmy crumbled.

The original poster is 100 percent correct. We are still part of the community and Schurr wants nothing to do with the town program and the extra time necessary. These programs are built on the youth and the town and he couldn't care. He also doesn't reach out to parents and try to keep them involved. He does nothing. BTW, he never did, rather he lucked out that JJ had very good kids who went to the HS. There is a reason that close to a dozen members of the 2022/2023 class have left the program to go to other private and PUBLIC schools. There is no unity and it starts with the youth program. Some of these boys would have left regardless but not all. Next year they may have a bit of a bounce back bc there are still a few decent 2022 grads but after that they are in for a looooong downfall unless new families move in OR the culture changes. With the boys who left, the program would be the best in the state and it wouldn't even be close. There have also been many boys who would be strong additions (maybe not D1 commits) who played PT but bc they did not make the upper level PT team have quit the sport. Some of these athletes who quit are excellent players. Unfortunately there is a stigma attached and having the butt't coach be the coach perpetuates that and the boys quit. PT is seen as the only team in town and why bother continuing playing if you are not on that team. Lastly, JJ does nothing as a team in the summer, fall or winter, no team lifting, nada, nyet. I have friends in other communities who tell me all that they do. For years JJ lived on the PT members who made up a substantial part of the varsity team but those days are over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Mamo
2. Iona Prep
3. Town
4. Bcliff
5. Bville
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pville
9. Scars
10. Step

True. Sick of how polls and rankings, even a random dad post like this, includes private schools with their recruiting. It is not apples to apples. Just keep them separate.

1. Mamo
2. Town
3. Bcliff
4. Bville
5. Scars
6. LP
7. Rye
8. Pelham
9. Byram
10. JJ

Well these rankings changed today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so sure why the history matters, we're talking about the present. Yankees have a bunch of titles arent even close to best today. Irrelevant.

I guess it’s not so irrelevant. You got knocked down a notch today huh?

Like Reply Quote
Page 73 of 96 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 95 96
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard