BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 39 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 38 39
Re: Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats Igloo, nice job on saturday

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's the love for igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where's the love for igloo?

Igloo is MARVELOUS. they beat Express B, a town team, and split series w a "good" BBL team. WSYL here they come....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Completely agree with you. Interest and hard work will lead to skill improvement and being a better player, and if the better athlete has those attributes as well they are going to remain at the top of the class. Not deranged at all. The three freshman from LI starting at Duke this year were all studs from fourth grade and up, they didn't just appear and they didn't fall off. The four best kids on our PAL team in 2nd, 4th 6th and senior year were still the four best...one kid that was spastic early on was passionate and became a highly skilled good player as he got older. The best kids on our rival team were still the best kids from 4th grade to sr. year. They don't magically regress. So those instances are where my astute observations come from. If I ranked the kids from 1-24 in 6th vs 12th there would only be minor shuffling of their rankings. Does anyone really disagree with this that has already seen it unfold? Maybe my group was an outlier, I don't think so though.

You obviously haven’t done this before because what you aren’t realizing is that come 9th grade, a ton of kids who “used to be” 2027s, will now magically become 2028s and all of a sudden your 1-24 rankings will be meaningless. Also, most undersized attack and middies who are “better athletes” won’t be able to keep up when they are 5’7” and a hundred and nothing lbs playing against men who are over 6’. Puberty is a game changer for many and there will be plenty of kids who were among the best in 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades who are simply average come high school. Sure, many will remain among the top but your list of the top 24 will change by a minimum of 50%. I’ve seen the slow, fat kid turn into the tall, slim and super fast kid. I’ve seen the average sized, forgettable kid grow into the average sized, fastest and strongest kid and I’ve seen the biggest and strongest attack turn into the average sized attack. It will happen, don’t fool yourself."

Ah, you sound angry at life. What you described above is a change of circumstance, not the relative standing of a player compared to the same group he has played with and against his whole life. When was the last time you saw an in school holdback at a public school, um never. ok, kid may go away for a year and come back the grade below. Again, rare. The age advantage is ephemeral and far less relevant at 17 and almost non-existent at 18. Yes the fat kid grows and blossoms. I'm speaking in general from what I have witnessed as a coach. Of course there are outliers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go Igloo. Glad you had a nice day. The love for Igloo comes from their own sideline and slick AA...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which s the express A team? The b team is o’rielly? Thought it was the chucks, but they’re 2027 I believe?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant Town Cup May 8th

Maroon bracket: Three Village, CSH, Port Washington and Smithtown

Yellow bucket: Harborfields, Massapequa, Set Jets, West Islip

Two quality brackets - i am looking forward to this...

Why are they only getting 2 games now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are getting 3 games, just the third opponent is TBD based on outcomes of first two games...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are getting 3 games, just the third opponent is TBD based on outcomes of first two games...

Cool thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moooooooooooooooooooooose

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go take a Deuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be the best 2028 team from New York this summer? Who are the other top teams? Will they be at NLF at UMass in July??

- signed a lax dad from Down south

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be the best 2028 team from New York this summer? Who are the other top teams? Will they be at NLF at UMass in July??

There was not a lot of action between the top teams in the fall, this spring we’ll find out. The teams that have a chance at being top teams this spring are (alphabetical) 91, Express, Igloo, Legacy, Mooselax, Rebels, Rush and the Turtles. I know a few of them are signed up for NLF and some aren’t. The long story short is 2028 age group on Long Island has the best kids on 8 different teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was not a lot of action between the top teams in the fall, this spring we’ll find out. The teams that have a chance at being top teams this spring are (alphabetical) 91, Express, Igloo, Legacy, Mooselax, Rebels, Rush and the Turtles. I know a few of them are signed up for NLF and some aren’t. The long story short is 2028 age group on Long Island has the best kids on 8 different teams.

Best kids on 8 different teams? Please explain

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the best kids play with their town teammates as opposed to all the best playing for one team, some of these are due to dad’s coaching for the travel teams, other times it is just normally where their town players play travel for. Some will change in time, but many of the top players won’t be changing teams due to their dads being coaches or being good friends with the coaches. 2028 years s a very loaded age group on LI with 99%+ being on age, it would be interesting to see the best play together at some point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the best kids play with their town teammates as opposed to all the best playing for one team, some of these are due to dad’s coaching for the travel teams, other times it is just normally where their town players play travel for. Some will change in time, but many of the top players won’t be changing teams due to their dads being coaches or being good friends with the coaches. 2028 years s a very loaded age group on LI with 99%+ being on age, it would be interesting to see the best play together at some point.

How did you come up with the 99% playing on age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"99%+ being on age"

OK...we'll take the above as conjecture not grounded by any supporting data or evidence to support or even a definition of what "on age" actually even means in the lacrosse world. '10 birth year? 5th grade? 12/09 cutoff? 9/09 cut off? 7/09(joke)?

That being said, I do agree with the poster in that dating back to the original Turtles there has generally been 1-2 dominant teams per age group on the island then a pretty deep 2nd tier. In my opinion there are 8 '28 teams on LI that are very competitive with each other with 91 given a slight nod, though not dominant by any stretch.

Given this theory, I will be surprised if whichever of those 8 teams is the best this year can compete with the best out of MD where the talent is more concentrated between 3 programs usually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know 91 never beat Legacy I mean never but Legacy has beat 91. So stop saying 91 has a edge on any team oh and express beat 91. Just let the kids play and then talk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know 91 never beat Legacy I mean never but Legacy has beat 91. So stop saying 91 has a edge on any team oh and express beat 91. Just let the kids play and then talk.

They haven’t played in 2 years. You are correct but cmon the teams arent even close to being the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to offend. I have the utmost respect for the Legacy team and hold them in the highest regard and in that upper echelon. I did not realize that they have never lost to 91, but knew they had some L's vs other LI teams. From playing both teams, I thought 91 was slightly better. Any given day, or perhaps just how we matched up. All good. Many very good players dispersed across 8 teams. I'll stick to that comment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 lost to legacy 2 years ago in the championship game but got shut out by 91, 5-0 in pool play earlier that day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only one week left to know what going on. Moose lax dad get why don't you have your child play on 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great town lax at blatant sat. Nice to get back to almost normal. Great lacrosse , nice to see lax tents. Blatant did a fantastic job .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great town lax at blatant sat. Nice to get back to almost normal. Great lacrosse , nice to see lax tents. Blatant did a fantastic job .

Great games, plenty of surprises - fields were pretty poor. Glad the rain held out for the most part.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope 91 venom and legacy meet up in blatant spring jam chip game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, new to NE lacrosse. So do the kids play for their town teams only in the spring then play for tournament teams (legacy etc) in the summer? Or are you saying the kids on the town teams don’t play for those teams at all?

In MD they just play for one team all year and tryout in July. We’ve played some really good teams from NY and MA and just assumed it was the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to imagine that all travel kids play in PAL (town teams). There is 2 more weeks left in PAL then the majority of the travel tournaments start. Travel teams still practice all year round. I think what he was referring to is, for example most of the WI kids play for Legacy, most of the Smithtown kids play for turtles/rebels etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generally speaking kids play for both their town teams and their travel teams in the Spring. The town season is only 8 games over ten weeks and club travel is usually quiet tournament wise during that stretch on LI. Some of the stronger LI town programs have their teams practicing and playing together throughout the year but not mutually exclusive to whatever club teams their better kids may play on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generally speaking kids play for both their town teams and their travel teams in the Spring. The town season is only 8 games over ten weeks and club travel is usually quiet tournament wise during that stretch on LI. Some of the stronger LI town programs have their teams practicing and playing together throughout the year but not mutually exclusive to whatever club teams their better kids may play on.

Thanks.

That makes sense, definitely a different setup. We have basically 3 levels, club (Crabs, MadLax etc), club light which are more advanced town teams that play against other town teams in county leagues and then Rec which is basically inner town teams playing each other. The first 2 play year round the other is just spring. Seems like a lot more of your kids play on 2 field teams. Then there’s box...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard legacy might not be playing in this tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard legacy might not be playing in this tournament

Just stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are Turtles this weekend?
Here's your chance to show up, and they just went back into Shell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have the schedules changed already? Who complained?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who dropped out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who dropped out?

Looks like they need another team. Come on turtles, express, rush??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who dropped out?

Looks like they need another team. Come on turtles, express, rush??

Turtles just got a new coach according to a close friend who has a son on the team. Most likely taking some time to get acclimated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so which teams gets the hardest and easiest schedule on saturday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mooselax looks to have the easiest schedule, Akwesasne Thunder definitely has the hardest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mooselax looks to have the easiest schedule, Akwesasne Thunder definitely has the hardest.
If I was the coach of the Akwesasne Thunder I would make Rebels play 4 games since it's their tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I was the coach of the Akwesasne Thunder I would make Rebels play 4 games since it's their tournament.

Maybe just a though team thunder said, we are traveling from upstate NY, give us as many games possible?

Page 22 of 39 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard