BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Club Lax is doing that super-corny “the People’s Champion” again. It just put them in a very awkward spotlight.
Please tell your girls not to do that and to all the moms out there: stop nominating your kid.

Why, what's the harm?

People's Champion what does that even mean?

An internet popularity contest.. to be nominated means nothing, to win means nothing.. totally harmless

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe for “2028’s” but for high school girls? They’re practically adults in the world of lacrosse. Silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the People’s champion the best girl in the age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, its whose mom or dad is the best at social networking for their daughters. My daughter wont even let me post of pic of her on my "FB".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]UA 150 rosters out....not sure I buy into the independence of selection. 16 Skywalkers players? 9 M&D Black? .... Only 2 YJ Thorn, 2 CT Grizzlies, 4 LI Top Guns.

Here we go again....

Why would anyone bother[/

UA 150 is very watered down. With so many tourneys this summer and UA, AS, or even Empires. Not many 23 kids from Thorn applied. I can’t speak on TG or others but i think fair to say if you are on Thorn or TG black you would have been picked

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]UA 150 rosters out....not sure I buy into the independence of selection. 16 Skywalkers players? 9 M&D Black? .... Only 2 YJ Thorn, 2 CT Grizzlies, 4 LI Top Guns.

Here we go again....

Why would anyone bother[/

UA 150 is very watered down. With so many tourneys this summer and UA, AS, or even Empires. Not many 23 kids from Thorn applied. I can’t speak on TG or others but i think fair to say if you are on Thorn or TG black you would have been picked

I originally posted and my post was edited. I'll try again. It's a money grab. It's a waste of time. None of the better girls are doing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is on bandits and we were nervous going into the combo with 91. She attended a training yesterday and met some of the 91 coaches and left so tired but excited. She mentioned that coach Claire and coach Sam Tilts were so supportive and pushed her. She even followed Coach T on Instagram as soon as she left the clinic. Does anyone train with either of the two women? Wondering if anyone else has had good experiences with them and if they know what they charge for private lessons?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is on bandits and we were nervous going into the combo with 91. She attended a training yesterday and met some of the 91 coaches and left so tired but excited. She mentioned that coach Claire and coach Sam Tilts were so supportive and pushed her. She even followed Coach T on Instagram as soon as she left the clinic. Does anyone train with either of the two women? Wondering if anyone else has had good experiences with them and if they know what they charge for private lessons?

My YJ 23 trains with Tilts the price varies depending on group or individual

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually $100 an hour is going rate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually $100 an hour is going rate

That’s funny. She charges us $60 for a solo and $40 for a 2:1 her whole thing is making training more accessible to kids

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA dropped the ball in LI last year with their phony try out. Not sure how many “A” on LI girls are even trying out this year. Clubs are pushing American Select.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA dropped the ball in LI last year with their phony try out. Not sure how many “A” on LI girls are even trying out this year. Clubs are pushing American Select.
cool story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]UA dropped the ball in LI last year with their phony try out. Not sure how many “A” on LI girls are even trying out this year. Clubs are pushing American Select.

All the top girls will be at UA tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
General going rate for privates is $100, not specific to Tilts. Good for her if she charges less to make it more accessible. That’s great

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]UA dropped the ball in LI last year with their phony try out. Not sure how many “A” on LI girls are even trying out this year. Clubs are pushing American Select.

All the top girls will be at UA tryouts.

I doubt that. AS will surprise ! Looks like Jersey and what I hear MD have the players from the top clubs !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will rosters be announced for AS? Are there additional call backs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For Long Island tryouts aren't until mid June

Don't know how AS will deal will the fact that UA tryouts are a month later, and anyone who makes UA will bail on AS, since both main events are same weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't know how AS will deal will the fact that UA tryouts are a month later, and anyone who makes UA will bail on AS, since both main events are same weekend.

You think they will accept and pay for AS spot and then bail?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C’mon Man.... it’s Lacrosse, the sport of the privileged ..... no concern about $$$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C’mon Man.... it’s Lacrosse, the sport of the privileged ..... no concern about $$$$

Could be bailing on some influential LAX people? Wonder how that plays out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if it’s a coincidence UA and AS events on same dates. Hmmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm thinking my daughter will proban\bley try out for AS, most likely make it. Them we will decline and take our chances for UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm thinking my daughter will proban\bley try out for AS, most likely make it. Them we will decline and take our chances for UA.

Good plan ! Let us know your name when you decline. I love your confidence !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The evaluations done at UA were left people skeptical that they were legitimate last summer. Who is evaluating for AS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say everyone get together and take photos/video of the evaluators at both tryouts to keep them honest and off of their phones. This goes for many in lacrosse and at camps too.
All evaluators should keep phones in their car/bags and use paper lists to keep them honest!
Someone say something to your crew of evaluators and start paying attn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I say everyone get together and take photos/video of the evaluators at both tryouts to keep them honest and off of their phones. This goes for many in lacrosse and at camps too.
All evaluators should keep phones in their car/bags and use paper lists to keep them honest!
Someone say something to your crew of evaluators and start paying attn.

What parents will do to get their kid on a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going take the decision out of the hands of both UA and AS. I will be reaching out to all the college coaches that both events say will be there and see which event they are attending. They can’t be at both events unless the send separate staff. You want to be at the event the decision maker it attending. Find out what event they are choosing to spend their time.
This way you don’t have to waste your time and money trying out for both. UA seems to be full of evaluator politics and AS is said to be evaluated by professional independent and college coaches...no club coaches.
If college coaches are willing to evaluate a try out they are more apt to go to the event. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going take the decision out of the hands of both UA and AS. I will be reaching out to all the college coaches that both events say will be there and see which event they are attending. They can’t be at both events unless the send separate staff. You want to be at the event the decision maker it attending. Find out what event they are choosing to spend their time.
This way you don’t have to waste your time and money trying out for both. UA seems to be full of evaluator politics and AS is said to be evaluated by professional independent and college coaches...no club coaches.
If college coaches are willing to evaluate a try out they are more apt to go to the event. Good luck!

Many of the big programs will have coaches at each

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if it’s a coincidence UA and AS events on same dates. Hmmmm
It’s the same weekend because they are competing w/ one another. UA has lost its credibility & the people at AS listened & created their own event. The coaches attending UA is lacking compared to AS. People are fed up w/ the politics at UA & has lost its luster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The pressure on UA has nothing to do with it 'lacking credibility' - that's just a bunch of sour grape Long Island parents who detest that their kids didn't make the team or got smoked by Connecticut if they did make it.
It's that the IWCLA and Corrigan Sports had a messy divorce this year and the college coaches are lining up behind American Select in retaliation. If no college coaches are at UA, and at least half of the good players are playing AS, whats the point of doing UA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weren’t there like 8 Jesters and Yellow Jackets B team players on the 23/24 team last year. Don’t have to look any further than the evaluators/coaches. I believe the team only had 2 kids outside of the programs the coaches coach. There are not 8 Jester All Americans, maybe 1 and she was a product of TG. Nor are there 12 YJ All Americans.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t Massapequa stacked with so called All Americans...record 2-7. According to the UA website they had 3 just from the 23/24 division. A team with 3 “All Americans” does not have a record of 2-7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the 23/24 roster from last summer UA team, a big majority of this girls are all productive HS players, some very productive. Those 3 girls are all producing in the power conf. reason they are 2-7 is because they only play the top 10 teams in Nassau; not playing a schedule that includes easy games. If they only played the A schools they would be 7-2......just the facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents have been complaining about UA Underclass Tryouts on Long Island for years (as well as club tryouts, School Girls etc...). To me, the large majority of complaining comes from delusional parents who refuse accept that their daughter is not as strong as they (the parents) believe her to be. Looking at the selections for the Highlight Division and also the selections for The Long Island Team (back when there was only one team, just how many times did the evaluators / coaches get it wrong? Seriously, how many girls each year do you think “were deserving “ that didn’t make the team? They select 24 players, how many other players are at that level at the time of the tryouts? How many “ high end” “top tier” “Legit” or whatever you want to call it players are actually on The Island who do not make the team? I realize that last year was odd having parents coach but these complaints about politics and the like have been going on for years. So again, if you believe the tryouts have not been fair, please tell us how many “deserving players” there are each year who do not make the team. It is an honest question, I am just curious to know what you think.

Seemed like Many deserving players did not get a fair chance in the tryout process last year. Last year was a terrible tryout process. Not sure about other years? But evaluation seemed flawed (not enough and/or unbiased evaluators) and the whole process seemed very flawed how it was done. That kind of tryout just promotes selfish go to goal mentality. Need a better way to evaluate.

How many is many? I assume that your daughter is one of the many. I’m not trying to be rude, I just think there are a lot of parents with inflated opinions of their children. These complaints have been going on for a long time. Show me a player who has multiple offers from Top 10 caliber College Programs who doesn’t make the team and I will agree something probably went wrong at the tryouts. I have heard parents of players that will not receive any offers from top-tier college programs complain so I must ask... is everyone wrong? Not trying to be a donk, the majority of players I know who have been selected have proven to be very strong players.

Sorry, not to be rude. But, those teams were not the best representation of LI last year. How well did they do?

who was left off the team that would have made a difference??? same question has been given to this claim and never have we heard of any girl or group that was wrongfully left off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents have been complaining about UA Underclass Tryouts on Long Island for years (as well as club tryouts, School Girls etc...). To me, the large majority of complaining comes from delusional parents who refuse accept that their daughter is not as strong as they (the parents) believe her to be. Looking at the selections for the Highlight Division and also the selections for The Long Island Team (back when there was only one team, just how many times did the evaluators / coaches get it wrong? Seriously, how many girls each year do you think “were deserving “ that didn’t make the team? They select 24 players, how many other players are at that level at the time of the tryouts? How many “ high end” “top tier” “Legit” or whatever you want to call it players are actually on The Island who do not make the team? I realize that last year was odd having parents coach but these complaints about politics and the like have been going on for years. So again, if you believe the tryouts have not been fair, please tell us how many “deserving players” there are each year who do not make the team. It is an honest question, I am just curious to know what you think.

Seemed like Many deserving players did not get a fair chance in the tryout process last year. Last year was a terrible tryout process. Not sure about other years? But evaluation seemed flawed (not enough and/or unbiased evaluators) and the whole process seemed very flawed how it was done. That kind of tryout just promotes selfish go to goal mentality. Need a better way to evaluate.

How many is many? I assume that your daughter is one of the many. I’m not trying to be rude, I just think there are a lot of parents with inflated opinions of their children. These complaints have been going on for a long time. Show me a player who has multiple offers from Top 10 caliber College Programs who doesn’t make the team and I will agree something probably went wrong at the tryouts. I have heard parents of players that will not receive any offers from top-tier college programs complain so I must ask... is everyone wrong? Not trying to be a donk, the majority of players I know who have been selected have proven to be very strong players.

Sorry, not to be rude. But, those teams were not the best representation of LI last year. How well did they do?

who was left off the team that would have made a difference??? same question has been given to this claim and never have we heard of any girl or group that was wrongfully left off.

How many players attended the tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts

Not facts- you’re delusional if you don’t think there are politics in play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Facts

Not facts- you’re delusional if you don’t think there are politics in play

Truth! They set up girls to fail. Very sad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
180 girls tried out last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Parents have been complaining about UA Underclass Tryouts on Long Island for years (as well as club tryouts, School Girls etc...). To me, the large majority of complaining comes from delusional parents who refuse accept that their daughter is not as strong as they (the parents) believe her to be. Looking at the selections for the Highlight Division and also the selections for The Long Island Team (back when there was only one team, just how many times did the evaluators / coaches get it wrong? Seriously, how many girls each year do you think “were deserving “ that didn’t make the team? They select 24 players, how many other players are at that level at the time of the tryouts? How many “ high end” “top tier” “Legit” or whatever you want to call it players are actually on The Island who do not make the team? I realize that last year was odd having parents coach but these complaints about politics and the like have been going on for years. So again, if you believe the tryouts have not been fair, please tell us how many “deserving players” there are each year who do not make the team. It is an honest question, I am just curious to know what you think.

We will see in September.

Page 14 of 23 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard