Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Travel Team Tryouts Posting Daily!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 06/13/21 07:27 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/13/21 07:17 PM
Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/13/21 06:57 PM
Girls 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 06/13/21 06:56 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/13/21 06:55 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,401
Posts294,385
Members2,293
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 80 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 79 80
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329119 05/05/21 09:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[/quote]

We get it, you believe all ACC teams would dominate the rest of Division I Women’s Lacrosse teams. That is your opinion, it is not a fact and it has never actually been a reality, who knows maybe this year but in the end you are simply stating your opinion. The reality of actual results for many years shows that on most years there are 2 Final Four Caliber Teams from The ACC. Most on here would agree that after the Top 4 there are probably 15 or so teams that are competitive with each other most years Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame are in that group. Duke in recent years has been at the bottom of that group.. and Va Tech and Louisville most years are on the outside looking in at that group of teams. Obviously you can have your opinion but the reality of what has actually happened tells a different story. Maybe in this crazy Covid season things will be different.
-----------------------------------------
Actually the only facts are the records of those teams from the ACC who went 38-4 out of conference the past two seasons and that does not include UNC or BC .They have beaten essentially every other top ranked team so yes that seems dominant .Your final four argument is a joke as many of the ACC teams have knocked each other out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four. You will see the same happen this year as the NCAA does not try to space out teams from the same conference.[/quote]

------------------------------------------

Have to chime in here as you appear to be another person who just pops off without regard for reality. Below are some facts regarding who ACC teams lose to in the NCAA Tournament:

2016:

Hopkins over UVA
Stony Brook over BC
Northwestern over Louisville
Maryland over Syracuse

2017:

Cornell over ND
JMU over Louisville
Maryland over BC

2018:

Princeton over Syracuse
JMU over UVA
JMU over UNC
JMU over BC

2019:

Northwestern over ND
Northwestern over Syracuse
Maryland over BC

14 times in 4 years ACC Teams were knocked out of The Tournament by Non-ACC Teams

In Contrast, ACC teams knocked each other off only 7 Times.

2016:

UNC over Duke
UNC over ND

2017

BC over Syracuse
UNC over UVA

2018

UNC over Va Tech

2019

UNC over UVA
BC over UNC

You just pop off with nonsense and baseless opinion but feel free to continue to bloviate.[/quote]

ACC guy. Big 10 guy. Same nonsense. Opinions based on no facts but always talking and I guess reading their nonsense. But gotta admit it’s entertaining watching their opinions blow up.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329138 05/06/21 08:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

We get it, you believe all ACC teams would dominate the rest of Division I Women’s Lacrosse teams. That is your opinion, it is not a fact and it has never actually been a reality, who knows maybe this year but in the end you are simply stating your opinion. The reality of actual results for many years shows that on most years there are 2 Final Four Caliber Teams from The ACC. Most on here would agree that after the Top 4 there are probably 15 or so teams that are competitive with each other most years Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame are in that group. Duke in recent years has been at the bottom of that group.. and Va Tech and Louisville most years are on the outside looking in at that group of teams. Obviously you can have your opinion but the reality of what has actually happened tells a different story. Maybe in this crazy Covid season things will be different.
-----------------------------------------
Actually the only facts are the records of those teams from the ACC who went 38-4 out of conference the past two seasons and that does not include UNC or BC .They have beaten essentially every other top ranked team so yes that seems dominant .Your final four argument is a joke as many of the ACC teams have knocked each other out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four. You will see the same happen this year as the NCAA does not try to space out teams from the same conference.[/quote]

------------------------------------------

Have to chime in here as you appear to be another person who just pops off without regard for reality. Below are some facts regarding who ACC teams lose to in the NCAA Tournament:

2016:

Hopkins over UVA
Stony Brook over BC
Northwestern over Louisville
Maryland over Syracuse

2017:

Cornell over ND
JMU over Louisville
Maryland over BC

2018:

Princeton over Syracuse
JMU over UVA
JMU over UNC
JMU over BC

2019:

Northwestern over ND
Northwestern over Syracuse
Maryland over BC

14 times in 4 years ACC Teams were knocked out of The Tournament by Non-ACC Teams

In Contrast, ACC teams knocked each other off only 7 Times.

2016:

UNC over Duke
UNC over ND

2017

BC over Syracuse
UNC over UVA

2018

UNC over Va Tech

2019

UNC over UVA
BC over UNC

You just pop off with nonsense and baseless opinion but feel free to continue to bloviate.[/quote]

ACC guy. Big 10 guy. Same nonsense. Opinions based on no facts but always talking and I guess reading their nonsense. But gotta admit it’s entertaining watching their opinions blow up.[/quote]

Love it when someone spouts their opinion (as if their opinion is fact) and then that opinion is blown up with actual facts.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329180 05/06/21 01:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

We get it, you believe all ACC teams would dominate the rest of Division I Women’s Lacrosse teams. That is your opinion, it is not a fact and it has never actually been a reality, who knows maybe this year but in the end you are simply stating your opinion. The reality of actual results for many years shows that on most years there are 2 Final Four Caliber Teams from The ACC. Most on here would agree that after the Top 4 there are probably 15 or so teams that are competitive with each other most years Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame are in that group. Duke in recent years has been at the bottom of that group.. and Va Tech and Louisville most years are on the outside looking in at that group of teams. Obviously you can have your opinion but the reality of what has actually happened tells a different story. Maybe in this crazy Covid season things will be different.
-----------------------------------------
Actually the only facts are the records of those teams from the ACC who went 38-4 out of conference the past two seasons and that does not include UNC or BC .They have beaten essentially every other top ranked team so yes that seems dominant .Your final four argument is a joke as many of the ACC teams have knocked each other out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four. You will see the same happen this year as the NCAA does not try to space out teams from the same conference.[/quote]

------------------------------------------

Have to chime in here as you appear to be another person who just pops off without regard for reality. Below are some facts regarding who ACC teams lose to in the NCAA Tournament:

2016:

Hopkins over UVA
Stony Brook over BC
Northwestern over Louisville
Maryland over Syracuse

2017:

Cornell over ND
JMU over Louisville
Maryland over BC

2018:

Princeton over Syracuse
JMU over UVA
JMU over UNC
JMU over BC

2019:

Northwestern over ND
Northwestern over Syracuse
Maryland over BC

14 times in 4 years ACC Teams were knocked out of The Tournament by Non-ACC Teams

In Contrast, ACC teams knocked each other off only 7 Times.

2016:

UNC over Duke
UNC over ND

2017

BC over Syracuse
UNC over UVA

2018

UNC over Va Tech

2019

UNC over UVA
BC over UNC

You just pop off with nonsense and baseless opinion but feel free to continue to bloviate.[/quote]

ACC guy. Big 10 guy. Same nonsense. Opinions based on no facts but always talking and I guess reading their nonsense. But gotta admit it’s entertaining watching their opinions blow up.[/quote]

Haven’t seen any “Big 10 guy” on here touting the Big 10 the way some are touting the ACC.... I have seen posts defending the Big 10 but have not read anything from a Big 10 guy bashing other conferences or teams. Most posts supporting the big 10 are in response to a negative post regarding the big 10.
Your ACC guy on the other hand believes that there are no teams that can compete with ACC Teams as if they are all equal to UNC. ACC is a good conference but there are always a bunch of teams that can compete with and beat ACC teams.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329310 05/07/21 08:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just watched Towson Vs Drexel in CAA Playoffs, great game, Still not sure what happened. The game went into overtime and for some reason (I did not see a foul) the official awards the ball to Drexel to start OT, Drexel player goes to goal and official makes (IMHO) a questionable call and gives Drexel an 8 meter... Game Over. Idk, don’t know why Drexel got the ball and the call was questionable. Just don’t think games should end like that, officials play too big a roll in this sport.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329317 05/07/21 10:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

We get it, you believe all ACC teams would dominate the rest of Division I Women’s Lacrosse teams. That is your opinion, it is not a fact and it has never actually been a reality, who knows maybe this year but in the end you are simply stating your opinion. The reality of actual results for many years shows that on most years there are 2 Final Four Caliber Teams from The ACC. Most on here would agree that after the Top 4 there are probably 15 or so teams that are competitive with each other most years Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame are in that group. Duke in recent years has been at the bottom of that group.. and Va Tech and Louisville most years are on the outside looking in at that group of teams. Obviously you can have your opinion but the reality of what has actually happened tells a different story. Maybe in this crazy Covid season things will be different.
-----------------------------------------
Actually the only facts are the records of those teams from the ACC who went 38-4 out of conference the past two seasons and that does not include UNC or BC .They have beaten essentially every other top ranked team so yes that seems dominant .Your final four argument is a joke as many of the ACC teams have knocked each other out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four. You will see the same happen this year as the NCAA does not try to space out teams from the same conference.[/quote]

------------------------------------------

Have to chime in here as you appear to be another person who just pops off without regard for reality. Below are some facts regarding who ACC teams lose to in the NCAA Tournament:

2016:

Hopkins over UVA
Stony Brook over BC
Northwestern over Louisville
Maryland over Syracuse

2017:

Cornell over ND
JMU over Louisville
Maryland over BC

2018:

Princeton over Syracuse
JMU over UVA
JMU over UNC
JMU over BC

2019:

Northwestern over ND
Northwestern over Syracuse
Maryland over BC

14 times in 4 years ACC Teams were knocked out of The Tournament by Non-ACC Teams

In Contrast, ACC teams knocked each other off only 7 Times.

2016:

UNC over Duke
UNC over ND

2017

BC over Syracuse
UNC over UVA

2018

UNC over Va Tech

2019

UNC over UVA
BC over UNC

You just pop off with nonsense and baseless opinion but feel free to continue to bloviate.[/quote]

ACC guy. Big 10 guy. Same nonsense. Opinions based on no facts but always talking and I guess reading their nonsense. But gotta admit it’s entertaining watching their opinions blow up.[/quote]

It’s the CNN of the anti ACC group . Again genius tell us the team that this year would be more competitive in the ACC than Cuse , ND , Duke , UVA . You just will not do it because you know there are none other than NW. Whats even funnier is your facts show an anti ACC bias , tell us the conference that has more teams that have been knocked out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four by in conference teams compared to the ACC in the years you looked at . It’s not even close . Still waiting on your more competitive teams for this year but we all know you don’t even believe your own drivel.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329335 05/08/21 08:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

We get it, you believe all ACC teams would dominate the rest of Division I Women’s Lacrosse teams. That is your opinion, it is not a fact and it has never actually been a reality, who knows maybe this year but in the end you are simply stating your opinion. The reality of actual results for many years shows that on most years there are 2 Final Four Caliber Teams from The ACC. Most on here would agree that after the Top 4 there are probably 15 or so teams that are competitive with each other most years Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame are in that group. Duke in recent years has been at the bottom of that group.. and Va Tech and Louisville most years are on the outside looking in at that group of teams. Obviously you can have your opinion but the reality of what has actually happened tells a different story. Maybe in this crazy Covid season things will be different.
-----------------------------------------
Actually the only facts are the records of those teams from the ACC who went 38-4 out of conference the past two seasons and that does not include UNC or BC .They have beaten essentially every other top ranked team so yes that seems dominant .Your final four argument is a joke as many of the ACC teams have knocked each other out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four. You will see the same happen this year as the NCAA does not try to space out teams from the same conference.

------------------------------------------

Have to chime in here as you appear to be another person who just pops off without regard for reality. Below are some facts regarding who ACC teams lose to in the NCAA Tournament:

2016:

Hopkins over UVA
Stony Brook over BC
Northwestern over Louisville
Maryland over Syracuse

2017:

Cornell over ND
JMU over Louisville
Maryland over BC

2018:

Princeton over Syracuse
JMU over UVA
JMU over UNC
JMU over BC

2019:

Northwestern over ND
Northwestern over Syracuse
Maryland over BC

14 times in 4 years ACC Teams were knocked out of The Tournament by Non-ACC Teams

In Contrast, ACC teams knocked each other off only 7 Times.

2016:

UNC over Duke
UNC over ND

2017

BC over Syracuse
UNC over UVA

2018

UNC over Va Tech

2019

UNC over UVA
BC over UNC

You just pop off with nonsense and baseless opinion but feel free to continue to bloviate.[/quote]

ACC guy. Big 10 guy. Same nonsense. Opinions based on no facts but always talking and I guess reading their nonsense. But gotta admit it’s entertaining watching their opinions blow up.[/quote]

It’s the CNN of the anti ACC group . Again genius tell us the team that this year would be more competitive in the ACC than Cuse , ND , Duke , UVA . You just will not do it because you know there are none other than NW. Whats even funnier is your facts show an anti ACC bias , tell us the conference that has more teams that have been knocked out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four by in conference teams compared to the ACC in the years you looked at . It’s not even close . Still waiting on your more competitive teams for this year but we all know you don’t even believe your own drivel.[/quote]

You really are funny, people have named multiple teams that are competitive with all but the top ACC teams, yet you keep saying name one. You claim the only reason we do not see an all ACC final four is because the NCAA does not spread the ACC teams out. It is pointed out that several non ACC teams bounce ACC Teams out of the tournament every year yet you still don’t believe it. Maybe this will be the year of the ACC and you can rest easy.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329338 05/08/21 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

We get it, you believe all ACC teams would dominate the rest of Division I Women’s Lacrosse teams. That is your opinion, it is not a fact and it has never actually been a reality, who knows maybe this year but in the end you are simply stating your opinion. The reality of actual results for many years shows that on most years there are 2 Final Four Caliber Teams from The ACC. Most on here would agree that after the Top 4 there are probably 15 or so teams that are competitive with each other most years Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame are in that group. Duke in recent years has been at the bottom of that group.. and Va Tech and Louisville most years are on the outside looking in at that group of teams. Obviously you can have your opinion but the reality of what has actually happened tells a different story. Maybe in this crazy Covid season things will be different.
-----------------------------------------
Actually the only facts are the records of those teams from the ACC who went 38-4 out of conference the past two seasons and that does not include UNC or BC .They have beaten essentially every other top ranked team so yes that seems dominant .Your final four argument is a joke as many of the ACC teams have knocked each other out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four. You will see the same happen this year as the NCAA does not try to space out teams from the same conference.

------------------------------------------

Have to chime in here as you appear to be another person who just pops off without regard for reality. Below are some facts regarding who ACC teams lose to in the NCAA Tournament:

2016:

Hopkins over UVA
Stony Brook over BC
Northwestern over Louisville
Maryland over Syracuse

2017:

Cornell over ND
JMU over Louisville
Maryland over BC

2018:

Princeton over Syracuse
JMU over UVA
JMU over UNC
JMU over BC

2019:

Northwestern over ND
Northwestern over Syracuse
Maryland over BC

14 times in 4 years ACC Teams were knocked out of The Tournament by Non-ACC Teams

In Contrast, ACC teams knocked each other off only 7 Times.

2016:

UNC over Duke
UNC over ND

2017

BC over Syracuse
UNC over UVA

2018

UNC over Va Tech

2019

UNC over UVA
BC over UNC

You just pop off with nonsense and baseless opinion but feel free to continue to bloviate.[/quote]

ACC guy. Big 10 guy. Same nonsense. Opinions based on no facts but always talking and I guess reading their nonsense. But gotta admit it’s entertaining watching their opinions blow up.[/quote]

It’s the CNN of the anti ACC group . Again genius tell us the team that this year would be more competitive in the ACC than Cuse , ND , Duke , UVA . You just will not do it because you know there are none other than NW. Whats even funnier is your facts show an anti ACC bias , tell us the conference that has more teams that have been knocked out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four by in conference teams compared to the ACC in the years you looked at . It’s not even close . Still waiting on your more competitive teams for this year but we all know you don’t even believe your own drivel.[/quote]

Talk about delusional.... Here is your quote:

"Your final four argument is a joke as many of the ACC teams have knocked each other out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four. You will see the same happen this year as the NCAA does not try to space out teams from the same conference."

Someone calls BS and proves that you just make things up by displaying the actual result of the NCAA Tournament. It clearly shows that ACC teams are far more likely to be knocked out of the tournament by teams from other conferences than from other ACC Teams yet you still do not believe it. It's not fake news and it's not anti ACC, it is simply actual, factual data.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329344 05/08/21 10:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

We get it, you believe all ACC teams would dominate the rest of Division I Women’s Lacrosse teams. That is your opinion, it is not a fact and it has never actually been a reality, who knows maybe this year but in the end you are simply stating your opinion. The reality of actual results for many years shows that on most years there are 2 Final Four Caliber Teams from The ACC. Most on here would agree that after the Top 4 there are probably 15 or so teams that are competitive with each other most years Syracuse, Virginia, Notre Dame are in that group. Duke in recent years has been at the bottom of that group.. and Va Tech and Louisville most years are on the outside looking in at that group of teams. Obviously you can have your opinion but the reality of what has actually happened tells a different story. Maybe in this crazy Covid season things will be different.
-----------------------------------------
Actually the only facts are the records of those teams from the ACC who went 38-4 out of conference the past two seasons and that does not include UNC or BC .They have beaten essentially every other top ranked team so yes that seems dominant .Your final four argument is a joke as many of the ACC teams have knocked each other out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four. You will see the same happen this year as the NCAA does not try to space out teams from the same conference.

------------------------------------------

Have to chime in here as you appear to be another person who just pops off without regard for reality. Below are some facts regarding who ACC teams lose to in the NCAA Tournament:

2016:

Hopkins over UVA
Stony Brook over BC
Northwestern over Louisville
Maryland over Syracuse

2017:

Cornell over ND
JMU over Louisville
Maryland over BC

2018:

Princeton over Syracuse
JMU over UVA
JMU over UNC
JMU over BC

2019:

Northwestern over ND
Northwestern over Syracuse
Maryland over BC

14 times in 4 years ACC Teams were knocked out of The Tournament by Non-ACC Teams

In Contrast, ACC teams knocked each other off only 7 Times.

2016:

UNC over Duke
UNC over ND

2017

BC over Syracuse
UNC over UVA

2018

UNC over Va Tech

2019

UNC over UVA
BC over UNC

You just pop off with nonsense and baseless opinion but feel free to continue to bloviate.[/quote]
-------------------------------------------
ACC guy. Big 10 guy. Same nonsense. Opinions based on no facts but always talking and I guess reading their nonsense. But gotta admit it’s entertaining watching their opinions blow up.[/quote]
---------------------------------------------
It’s the CNN of the anti ACC group . Again genius tell us the team that this year would be more competitive in the ACC than Cuse , ND , Duke , UVA . You just will not do it because you know there are none other than NW. Whats even funnier is your facts show an anti ACC bias , tell us the conference that has more teams that have been knocked out of the NCAA tournament prior to the final four by in conference teams compared to the ACC in the years you looked at . It’s not even close . Still waiting on your more competitive teams for this year but we all know you don’t even believe your own drivel.[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------

To piggyback on an earlier post.... which points how many other teams beat ACC teams every year and would be just as competitive in the ACC as all but the Top 2 or 3 teams every year.

" I would say there are many teams that would be just as competitive in The ACC as ND, Duke, UVA, Va Tech, And Louisville. Just looked at 2016 - 2019... for ND, Duke, UVA and Syracuse here are their Non-Conference Losses:

* Notre Dame - Beaten by Northwestern 5x, USC 2x, High Point, Albany, Princeton, Towson, Cornell.

* Duke - Beaten by Northwestern 3x, Penn 2x, Stanford 2x, Penn State, High Point, USC, Elon, Georgetown.

* UVA - Beaten by Maryland 4x, Penn State 2x, Princeton 2x, Loyola 2x, JMU 2x, Elon , Navy, Hopkins.

* Syracuse - Beaten by Maryland 5x, Princeton 2x, Northwestern 2x, Florida 2x.

* Va Tech - Beaten by JMU 4x, USC 2x, Colorado 2x, Navy, Old Dominion, Ohio State, Elon, William & Mary.

* Louisville - Beaten by Northwestern 3x, Denver 2x, JMU, Robert Morris, Brown, Marquette, Vanderbilt, Delaware.

I will give Syracuse and Virginia credit because the do play competitive non-conference schedules but ND and Duke have become a bit of a joke with their non-conference schedules.

Plenty of Programs would be Just as competitive as 5 or 6 of the ACC teams on any given year."

You appear to be obsessed with 2020 and 2021 which will always have an asterisk because of the pandemic, the abbreviated 19' season and the Covid influenced 20'. The reality is that there are always a number of teams that can and do compete with all but the Top 2 or 3 ACC teams. Just being in the ACC does not place a team on the same level as North Carolina.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329401 05/09/21 05:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you take out the human opinion and leave rankings to a computer based on record and strength of schedule and performance, here’s what you get......

1 North Carolina ACC 18-0 4-0 0-0 14-0 0-0
2 Syracuse ACC 14-3 6-2 2-0 6-1 0-0
3 Boston College ACC 13-3 3-2 1-1 9-0 0-0
4 Drexel CAA 12-1 7-1 0-0 5-0 0-0
5 Notre Dame ACC 9-6 3-5 1-0 5-1 0-0
6 Northwestern Big Ten 13-0 5-0 2-0 6-0 0-0
7 Stony Brook America East 12-2 6-2 0-0 6-0 0-0
8 Hofstra CAA 6-5 2-3 1-0 3-2 0-0
9 Loyola Maryland Patriot 9-2 3-1 0-0 6-1 0-0
10 Massachusetts Atlantic 10 15-2 6-2 0-0 9-0 0-0
11 Florida AAC 14-2 7-2 0-0 7-0 0-0
12 Stanford Pac-12 9-0 6-0 0-0 3-0 0-0
13 Denver Big East 13-1 4-1 0-0 9-0 0-0
14 Vanderbilt AAC 12-5 4-4 0-0 8-1 0-0
15 Jacksonville ASUN 9-1 6-0 0-0 3-1 0-0
16 Duke ACC 9-7 4-3 0-1 5-3 0-0
17 Temple AAC 11-4 6-1 0-0 5-3 0-0
18 Fairfield MAAC 11-1 5-0 0-0 6-1 0-0
19 Siena MAAC 10-2 4-2 0-0 6-0 0-0
20 Saint Joseph's Atlantic 10 10-7 4-3 1-0 5-4 0-0
21 James Madison CAA 9-4 2-2 0-1 7-1 0-0
22 Towson CAA 8-7 3-4 0-0 5-3 0-0
23 Virginia ACC 8-8 2-4 0-1 6-3 0-0
24 Mount St. Mary's NEC 12-2 5-1 0-0 7-1 0-0
25 Albany (NY) America East 10-6 3-4 0-0 7-2 0-0
26 Navy Patriot 8-3 4-1 0-0 4-2 0-0
27 Elon CAA 9-2 4-1 0-0 5-1 0-0
28 Davidson Atlantic 10 11-4 5-3 0-0 6-1 0-0
29 Colorado Pac-12 7-6 2-5 0-0 5-1 0-0
30 Penn Ivy League 1-0 0-0 0-0 1-0 0-0
31 Louisville ACC 5-11 3-5 0-0 2-6 0-0
32 UConn Big East 11-5 6-3 0-0 5-2 0-0
33 Arizona St. Pac-12 9-5 3-3 0-0 6-2 0-0
34 Lehigh Patriot 7-3 3-1 0-0 4-2 0-0
35 Niagara MAAC 8-4 2-3 0-0 6-1 0-0
36 Maryland Big Ten 9-6 1-5 2-1 6-0 0-0
37 High Point Big South 10-7 3-4 0-0 7-3 0-0
38 Wagner NEC 9-4 5-2 0-0 4-2 0-0
39 Southern California Pac-12 9-6 4-3 0-0 5-3 0-0
40 Robert Morris MAC 13-2 6-2 0-0 7-0 0-0
41 Marist MAAC 3-5 0-3 1-0 2-2 0-0
42 Coastal Carolina SoCon 10-6 6-3 1-1 3-2 0-0
43 Virginia Tech ACC 5-11 3-6 0-1 2-4 0-0
44 Furman SoCon 11-4 6-4 0-0 5-0 0-0
45 Richmond Atlantic 10 10-2 5-0 0-1 5-1 0-0
46 Johns Hopkins Big Ten 8-6 5-1 1-1 2-4 0-0
47 Liberty ASUN 9-8 4-6 0-0 5-2 0-0
48 UMBC America East 6-5 2-4 0-0 4-1 0-0
49 Army West Point Patriot 5-3 3-2 0-0 2-1 0-0
50 Monmouth MAAC 8-4 2-3 0-0 6-1 0-0
51 Georgetown Big East 6-9 1-5 0-0 5-4 0-0
52 Cincinnati AAC 7-9 2-5 0-0 5-4 0-0
53 Villanova Big East 6-10 0-7 0-0 6-3 0-0
54 UC Davis MPSF 12-4 6-3 1-0 5-1 0-0
55 LIU NEC 9-4 4-3 0-0 5-1 0-0
56 Vermont America East 6-5 4-1 0-0 2-4 0-0
57 Rutgers Big Ten 6-8 1-5 1-1 4-2 0-0
58 East Carolina AAC 4-12 1-7 0-0 3-5 0-0
59 Bryant NEC 7-5 3-3 0-0 4-2 0-0
60 Central Mich. MAC 8-6 3-3 0-0 5-3 0-0
61 Mercer SoCon 5-7 2-5 0-0 3-2 0-0
62 Quinnipiac MAAC 5-7 0-7 0-0 5-0 0-0
63 Boston U. Patriot 4-5 1-3 0-0 3-2 0-0
64 Duquesne Atlantic 10 4-5 1-3 0-0 3-2 0-0
65 Canisius MAAC 2-8 1-6 0-0 1-2 0-0
66 VCU Atlantic 10 7-9 2-6 0-0 5-3 0-0
67 Marquette Big East 7-9 5-4 0-0 2-5 0-0
68 George Washington Atlantic 10 6-6 4-3 0-0 2-3 0-0
69 La Salle Atlantic 10 5-9 1-6 0-0 4-3 0-0
70 Campbell Big South 8-7 5-2 0-0 3-5 0-0
71 William & Mary CAA 3-9 2-4 0-0 1-5 0-0
72 Sacred Heart NEC 6-7 4-2 0-0 2-5 0-0
73 Penn St. Big Ten 4-9 0-6 0-1 4-2 0-0
74 San Diego St. MPSF 5-9 2-4 0-0 3-5 0-0
75 Bucknell Patriot 3-6 0-4 0-0 3-2 0-0
76 Ohio St. Big Ten 4-9 1-5 0-1 3-3 0-0
77 Saint Francis (PA) NEC 4-9 1-5 0-0 3-4 0-0
78 Manhattan MAAC 3-9 2-5 0-0 1-4 0-0
79 Kennesaw St. ASUN 5-9 3-4 0-0 2-5 0-0
80 Stetson ASUN 1-7 1-4 0-0 0-3 0-0
81 Colgate Patriot 4-5 2-4 0-0 2-1 0-0
82 American Patriot 1-7 0-4 0-0 1-3 0-0
83 Radford Big South 6-12 3-8 0-1 3-3 0-0
84 Winthrop Big South 7-8 3-5 0-0 4-3 0-0
85 Oregon Pac-12 3-9 2-6 0-0 1-3 0-0
86 Binghamton America East 3-5 1-2 0-0 2-3 0-0
87 Michigan Big Ten 3-9 1-5 0-1 2-3 0-0
88 UMass Lowell America East 4-8 2-5 0-0 2-3 0-0
89 George Mason Atlantic 10 1-14 1-9 0-0 0-5 0-0
90 New Hampshire America East 4-7 1-4 0-0 3-3 0-0
91 Old Dominion AAC 3-14 0-4 0-0 3-10 0-0
92 St. Bonaventure Atlantic 10 2-10 1-6 0-0 1-4 0-0
93 Holy Cross Patriot 2-4 1-2 0-0 1-2 0-0
94 California Pac-12 2-15 1-8 0-0 1-7 0-0
95 Fresno St. MPSF 2-12 2-6 0-0 0-6 0-0
96 Butler Big East 0-11 0-6 0-0 0-5 1-0
97 Kent St. MAC 5-10 2-5 0-0 3-5 0-0
98 Akron MAC 7-8 3-4 0-0 4-4 0-0
99 Iona MAAC 1-11 1-4 0-1 0-6 0-0
100 Delaware CAA 1-5 0-2 0-0 1-3 0-0
101 Youngstown St. MAC 2-7 2-2 0-0 0-5 0-0
102 Gardner-Webb Big South 4-10 2-6 0-0 2-4 0-0
103 Merrimack NEC 3-11 1-7 0-0 2-4 0-0
104 Detroit Mercy MAC 2-6 2-2 0-0 0-4 0-0
105 Central Conn. St. NEC 0-14 0-7 0-0 0-7 0-0
106 Longwood Big South 2-13 0-8 0-0 2-5 0-0
107 Lafayette Patriot 0-6 0-3 0-0 0-3 0-0
108 Hartford America East 0-9 0-4 0-0 0-5 0-0
109 Wofford SoCon 2-8 2-4 0-0 0-4 0-0
110 Presbyterian Big South 2-10 2-5 0-0 0-5 2-0
111 Delaware St. SoCon 0-9 0-5 0-0 0-4 1-0
112 Dartmouth

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329408 05/09/21 06:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you take out the human opinion and leave rankings to a computer based on record and strength of schedule and performance, here’s what you get......

1 North Carolina ACC 18-0 4-0 0-0 14-0 0-0
2 Syracuse ACC 14-3 6-2 2-0 6-1 0-0
3 Boston College ACC 13-3 3-2 1-1 9-0 0-0
4 Drexel CAA 12-1 7-1 0-0 5-0 0-0
5 Notre Dame ACC 9-6 3-5 1-0 5-1 0-0
6 Northwestern Big Ten 13-0 5-0 2-0 6-0 0-0
7 Stony Brook America East 12-2 6-2 0-0 6-0 0-0
8 Hofstra CAA 6-5 2-3 1-0 3-2 0-0
9 Loyola Maryland Patriot 9-2 3-1 0-0 6-1 0-0
10 Massachusetts Atlantic 10 15-2 6-2 0-0 9-0 0-0
11 Florida AAC 14-2 7-2 0-0 7-0 0-0
12 Stanford Pac-12 9-0 6-0 0-0 3-0 0-0
13 Denver Big East 13-1 4-1 0-0 9-0 0-0
14 Vanderbilt AAC 12-5 4-4 0-0 8-1 0-0
15 Jacksonville ASUN 9-1 6-0 0-0 3-1 0-0
16 Duke ACC 9-7 4-3 0-1 5-3 0-0
17 Temple AAC 11-4 6-1 0-0 5-3 0-0
18 Fairfield MAAC 11-1 5-0 0-0 6-1 0-0
19 Siena MAAC 10-2 4-2 0-0 6-0 0-0
20 Saint Joseph's Atlantic 10 10-7 4-3 1-0 5-4 0-0
21 James Madison CAA 9-4 2-2 0-1 7-1 0-0
22 Towson CAA 8-7 3-4 0-0 5-3 0-0
23 Virginia ACC 8-8 2-4 0-1 6-3 0-0
24 Mount St. Mary's NEC 12-2 5-1 0-0 7-1 0-0
25 Albany (NY) America East 10-6 3-4 0-0 7-2 0-0
26 Navy Patriot 8-3 4-1 0-0 4-2 0-0
27 Elon CAA 9-2 4-1 0-0 5-1 0-0
28 Davidson Atlantic 10 11-4 5-3 0-0 6-1 0-0
29 Colorado Pac-12 7-6 2-5 0-0 5-1 0-0
30 Penn Ivy League 1-0 0-0 0-0 1-0 0-0
31 Louisville ACC 5-11 3-5 0-0 2-6 0-0
32 UConn Big East 11-5 6-3 0-0 5-2 0-0
33 Arizona St. Pac-12 9-5 3-3 0-0 6-2 0-0
34 Lehigh Patriot 7-3 3-1 0-0 4-2 0-0
35 Niagara MAAC 8-4 2-3 0-0 6-1 0-0
36 Maryland Big Ten 9-6 1-5 2-1 6-0 0-0
37 High Point Big South 10-7 3-4 0-0 7-3 0-0
38 Wagner NEC 9-4 5-2 0-0 4-2 0-0
39 Southern California Pac-12 9-6 4-3 0-0 5-3 0-0
40 Robert Morris MAC 13-2 6-2 0-0 7-0 0-0
41 Marist MAAC 3-5 0-3 1-0 2-2 0-0
42 Coastal Carolina SoCon 10-6 6-3 1-1 3-2 0-0
43 Virginia Tech ACC 5-11 3-6 0-1 2-4 0-0
44 Furman SoCon 11-4 6-4 0-0 5-0 0-0
45 Richmond Atlantic 10 10-2 5-0 0-1 5-1 0-0
46 Johns Hopkins Big Ten 8-6 5-1 1-1 2-4 0-0
47 Liberty ASUN 9-8 4-6 0-0 5-2 0-0
48 UMBC America East 6-5 2-4 0-0 4-1 0-0
49 Army West Point Patriot 5-3 3-2 0-0 2-1 0-0
50 Monmouth MAAC 8-4 2-3 0-0 6-1 0-0
51 Georgetown Big East 6-9 1-5 0-0 5-4 0-0
52 Cincinnati AAC 7-9 2-5 0-0 5-4 0-0
53 Villanova Big East 6-10 0-7 0-0 6-3 0-0
54 UC Davis MPSF 12-4 6-3 1-0 5-1 0-0
55 LIU NEC 9-4 4-3 0-0 5-1 0-0
56 Vermont America East 6-5 4-1 0-0 2-4 0-0
57 Rutgers Big Ten 6-8 1-5 1-1 4-2 0-0
58 East Carolina AAC 4-12 1-7 0-0 3-5 0-0
59 Bryant NEC 7-5 3-3 0-0 4-2 0-0
60 Central Mich. MAC 8-6 3-3 0-0 5-3 0-0
61 Mercer SoCon 5-7 2-5 0-0 3-2 0-0
62 Quinnipiac MAAC 5-7 0-7 0-0 5-0 0-0
63 Boston U. Patriot 4-5 1-3 0-0 3-2 0-0
64 Duquesne Atlantic 10 4-5 1-3 0-0 3-2 0-0
65 Canisius MAAC 2-8 1-6 0-0 1-2 0-0
66 VCU Atlantic 10 7-9 2-6 0-0 5-3 0-0
67 Marquette Big East 7-9 5-4 0-0 2-5 0-0
68 George Washington Atlantic 10 6-6 4-3 0-0 2-3 0-0
69 La Salle Atlantic 10 5-9 1-6 0-0 4-3 0-0
70 Campbell Big South 8-7 5-2 0-0 3-5 0-0
71 William & Mary CAA 3-9 2-4 0-0 1-5 0-0
72 Sacred Heart NEC 6-7 4-2 0-0 2-5 0-0
73 Penn St. Big Ten 4-9 0-6 0-1 4-2 0-0
74 San Diego St. MPSF 5-9 2-4 0-0 3-5 0-0
75 Bucknell Patriot 3-6 0-4 0-0 3-2 0-0
76 Ohio St. Big Ten 4-9 1-5 0-1 3-3 0-0
77 Saint Francis (PA) NEC 4-9 1-5 0-0 3-4 0-0
78 Manhattan MAAC 3-9 2-5 0-0 1-4 0-0
79 Kennesaw St. ASUN 5-9 3-4 0-0 2-5 0-0
80 Stetson ASUN 1-7 1-4 0-0 0-3 0-0
81 Colgate Patriot 4-5 2-4 0-0 2-1 0-0
82 American Patriot 1-7 0-4 0-0 1-3 0-0
83 Radford Big South 6-12 3-8 0-1 3-3 0-0
84 Winthrop Big South 7-8 3-5 0-0 4-3 0-0
85 Oregon Pac-12 3-9 2-6 0-0 1-3 0-0
86 Binghamton America East 3-5 1-2 0-0 2-3 0-0
87 Michigan Big Ten 3-9 1-5 0-1 2-3 0-0
88 UMass Lowell America East 4-8 2-5 0-0 2-3 0-0
89 George Mason Atlantic 10 1-14 1-9 0-0 0-5 0-0
90 New Hampshire America East 4-7 1-4 0-0 3-3 0-0
91 Old Dominion AAC 3-14 0-4 0-0 3-10 0-0
92 St. Bonaventure Atlantic 10 2-10 1-6 0-0 1-4 0-0
93 Holy Cross Patriot 2-4 1-2 0-0 1-2 0-0
94 California Pac-12 2-15 1-8 0-0 1-7 0-0
95 Fresno St. MPSF 2-12 2-6 0-0 0-6 0-0
96 Butler Big East 0-11 0-6 0-0 0-5 1-0
97 Kent St. MAC 5-10 2-5 0-0 3-5 0-0
98 Akron MAC 7-8 3-4 0-0 4-4 0-0
99 Iona MAAC 1-11 1-4 0-1 0-6 0-0
100 Delaware CAA 1-5 0-2 0-0 1-3 0-0
101 Youngstown St. MAC 2-7 2-2 0-0 0-5 0-0
102 Gardner-Webb Big South 4-10 2-6 0-0 2-4 0-0
103 Merrimack NEC 3-11 1-7 0-0 2-4 0-0
104 Detroit Mercy MAC 2-6 2-2 0-0 0-4 0-0
105 Central Conn. St. NEC 0-14 0-7 0-0 0-7 0-0
106 Longwood Big South 2-13 0-8 0-0 2-5 0-0
107 Lafayette Patriot 0-6 0-3 0-0 0-3 0-0
108 Hartford America East 0-9 0-4 0-0 0-5 0-0
109 Wofford SoCon 2-8 2-4 0-0 0-4 0-0
110 Presbyterian Big South 2-10 2-5 0-0 0-5 2-0
111 Delaware St. SoCon 0-9 0-5 0-0 0-4 1-0
112 Dartmouth

RPI and all other Data Points useless this year.... Below is a snipet from the mens side...

--- "But for the purposes of this exercise, the most dramatic change is the Big Ten and MAAC teams’ scheduling only conference opponents, thereby rendering the RPI — the building block of all of the NCAA selection criteria — essentially unusable.

A team's RPI formula is comparatively simple: it’s 25% of its winning percentage * 50% of its opponents’ winning percentage * 25% of its opponents’ opponents’ winning percentage. The problem arises when teams play only within its (in the Big Ten’s case) six-team group; their RPIs are completely independent from all the other teams’. Yes, every team still has a score, but some teams’ scores have no relationship to one another and, as a result, the ranking is meaningless.

Look at the NCAA’s recent release of the RPI. In a normal circumstance, a 9-0 Maryland team would likely be No. 1 overall, at worst top three; their RPI is 7th. An 8-0 Lehigh wouldn’t be too far behind; they’re 13th. It’s logical that the Big Ten teams are distributed throughout the 66 DI teams that have played a game this season (Rutgers 12, Ohio State 33, Penn State 42, Michigan 52, Johns Hopkins 56) because their RPI is functioning like a mini RPI alongside the bigger RPI. Perhaps no ranking better illustrates the RPI’s current flaw better than 1-0 Marist (the NCAA's hasn’t been updated since their Tuesday win over Quinnipiac) being ranked No. 6 and 5-1 Monmouth being ranked No. 11 (we project that, with the win, the Red Foxes RPI jumped to No. 1) .

While the RPI isn’t necessarily its own criterion, it’s the basis upon which the other criteria are formed: Strength of Schedule, Non-Conference SOS and Quality Wins are all outcomes of the RPI.

So if those criteria can’t be used, what will be used in its place? We don’t really know yet.

Part of the reason we don’t know is because the NCAA Committee had a lot of fish to fry; only in the last week have they figured out (or decided) where they’re going to play the first round games. On Wednesday, they hosted a call with the Regional Advisory Committees to get coach feedback on current team performances.

On March 31, Committee chair Tim Leonard told IL “[The data issues are] really going to be difficult on how we do this, and the eye test is going to come into play a lot more than it ever does.”

As a proxy for the eye test, which is informed by coaches on the “RAC calls” (as they’re referred to), we’ve included the coaches’ poll ranking in our resume list below.

Luckily for the committee, the most important decision — which at-large team is the last selected for the tournament field and which is the first out — appears to be pretty clear… for now.

Seeding the top eight teams appears as though it may be a substantial challenge, and matching up their first round opponents will be an interesting exercise from a geographic perspective given the decision to host first round games at four sites. That said, the line between No. 8 and No. 9 is negligible this year since the top eight seeds do not host at their home venue."

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329417 05/09/21 08:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just watched Towson Vs Drexel in CAA Playoffs, great game, Still not sure what happened. The game went into overtime and for some reason (I did not see a foul) the official awards the ball to Drexel to start OT, Drexel player goes to goal and official makes (IMHO) a questionable call and gives Drexel an 8 meter... Game Over. Idk, don’t know why Drexel got the ball and the call was questionable. Just don’t think games should end like that, officials play too big a roll in this sport.

It's role and not roll and officials play a huge factor in every sport. stinks for Towson, however that's how the ball bounces........or rolls.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
TheBackOfTheCage #329450 05/10/21 07:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just watched Towson Vs Drexel in CAA Playoffs, great game, Still not sure what happened. The game went into overtime and for some reason (I did not see a foul) the official awards the ball to Drexel to start OT, Drexel player goes to goal and official makes (IMHO) a questionable call and gives Drexel an 8 meter... Game Over. Idk, don’t know why Drexel got the ball and the call was questionable. Just don’t think games should end like that, officials play too big a roll in this sport.

It's role and not roll and officials play a huge factor in every sport. stinks for Towson, however that's how the ball bounces........or rolls.

I heard a player from Towson got hurt late and is normally on the draw circle. In OT Towson ended up short a girl for the draw and once the draw is set in position and ready to go, you cannot send another player running on the field at that time since they were set and ready to go. A girl ran on late and that delayed the draw so they get a green card. I do not know how accurate this is so if someone was there and knows please correct me

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329471 05/10/21 08:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just watched Towson Vs Drexel in CAA Playoffs, great game, Still not sure what happened. The game went into overtime and for some reason (I did not see a foul) the official awards the ball to Drexel to start OT, Drexel player goes to goal and official makes (IMHO) a questionable call and gives Drexel an 8 meter... Game Over. Idk, don’t know why Drexel got the ball and the call was questionable. Just don’t think games should end like that, officials play too big a roll in this sport.

It's role and not roll and officials play a huge factor in every sport. stinks for Towson, however that's how the ball bounces........or rolls.

If you are going to make corrections, at least write a grammatically correct sentence.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329480 05/10/21 09:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just watched Towson Vs Drexel in CAA Playoffs, great game, Still not sure what happened. The game went into overtime and for some reason (I did not see a foul) the official awards the ball to Drexel to start OT, Drexel player goes to goal and official makes (IMHO) a questionable call and gives Drexel an 8 meter... Game Over. Idk, don’t know why Drexel got the ball and the call was questionable. Just don’t think games should end like that, officials play too big a roll in this sport.

It's role and not roll and officials play a huge factor in every sport. stinks for Towson, however that's how the ball bounces........or rolls.

I heard a player from Towson got hurt late and is normally on the draw circle. In OT Towson ended up short a girl for the draw and once the draw is set in position and ready to go, you cannot send another player running on the field at that time since they were set and ready to go. A girl ran on late and that delayed the draw so they get a green card. I do not know how accurate this is so if someone was there and knows please correct me

Wow, tough break for the Tigers. Although in the end, I don't think it mattered much considering the fact that both teams made the NCAA Tournament and were placed in the same bracket (don't get me started). Hope the coaches learned their lesson.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #329515 05/10/21 10:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA Tournament field looks okay but they could have done a better job with the brackets. CAA has four teams in the tournament 3 are in the same bracket, Big 10 has 4 as well and are split between 2 brackets. With the ACC having 6 teams in the tournament there was now way to avoid some overlap but did they need to put three in the same bracket ? I realize the NCAA uses geography to place teams but maybe they could have done a better solution.

Good luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
Page 68 of 80 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 79 80
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4