BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 73 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone seen Laxachusetts????????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the deal with continuous Towermen bashing? Everyone should save it for after the WSYL. You don’t have any clue what you are talking about. When the WSYL rankings come out shortly Towermen will be ranked at least in the top 12 teams. Mark my Words!!!
WHOA, top 12 awesome. Why does anyone care about the WSYL rankings? Joke of a tournament

Why does everyone keep saying the WSYL tournament is a joke? I understand a couple teams who have too many kids with summer birthdays could not attend (ie Crabs, Laxachusetts) and this year you won't get the Canadian teams (ie Edge) but otherwise the top clubs in the US Lax rankings (not WSYL rankings) qualified and will do well. So why is the competition not perceived as a good? You are either complaining about the NLF tournaments that allows "holdbacks" or stating the only non-holdback tournament is a joke. You can't have it both ways. The top teams go to both of those tournaments and the same 5-6 teams will end up at the top of both. So unless you think the local Long Island tournaments are the best I am at loss on why everyone keeps saying the WSYL is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Blatant Spring Jam still happening?
Is anyone privy to when the schedule will be released?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the deal with continuous Towermen bashing? Everyone should save it for after the WSYL. You don’t have any clue what you are talking about. When the WSYL rankings come out shortly Towermen will be ranked at least in the top 12 teams. Mark my Words!!!
WHOA, top 12 awesome. Why does anyone care about the WSYL rankings? Joke of a tournament
Sorry your kid isnt going

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does everyone keep saying the WSYL tournament is a joke? I understand a couple teams who have too many kids with summer birthdays could not attend (ie Crabs, Laxachusetts) and this year you won't get the Canadian teams (ie Edge) but otherwise the top clubs in the US Lax rankings (not WSYL rankings) qualified and will do well. So why is the competition not perceived as a good? You are either complaining about the NLF tournaments that allows "holdbacks" or stating the only non-holdback tournament is a joke. You can't have it both ways. The top teams go to both of those tournaments and the same 5-6 teams will end up at the top of both. So unless you think the local Long Island tournaments are the best I am at loss on why everyone keeps saying the WSYL is a joke.

Most likely bc their kids team didn't enter, or didn't qualify. Not sure that Edge (or the version you are used to) would have been in the WSYL with all of their holdbacks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The person saying it is a joke has a kid on team that didn’t make it. No need to defend the WSYL- it is a legit tournament that will be televised on ESPN.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Busy at drivers ed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are having a film session tonight to relive the glory days watch the 4th grade win over the Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are having a film session tonight to relive the glory days watch the 4th grade win over the Hawks.

Was a great come from behind win!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The person saying it is a joke has a kid on team that didn’t make it. No need to defend the WSYL- it is a legit tournament that will be televised on ESPN.

They same guy who is bashing WSYL will be same guy recording the championship and watching it over and over and over again.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let’s see.....it’s actually quite simple . There are teams that went 1-4, yes you are reading it correctly 1-4 , meaning they won one game and lost 4 at the qualifiers and they still “qualified” for the wsyl? Reason is, nobody outside of the northeast cares about lacrosse so they couldn’t fill the brackets and let teams that went 1-4 go because they don’t have enough teams . That’s why it’s a joke . Because nobody cares about the wsyl especially across the country . So they should just name is the “northeast series of youth lacrosse “ not the World Series . You can’t let teams in that don’t belong there just to fill up the brackets and then expect people to take it seriously . Don’t waste your time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They same guy who is bashing WSYL will be same guy recording the championship and watching it over and over and over again.

Lol, nobody watches the wsyl that’s why it had a hard time staying alive and almost got shut down already, no sponsors. Only you and your wife watch it fool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams got in without a winning record?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are incorrect. Check the WSYL website. All records and scores are posted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, nobody watches the wsyl that’s why it had a hard time staying alive and almost got shut down already, no sponsors. Only you and your wife watch it fool
The WSYL is one of the highest watched programs on ESPN.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

haha, sadly, I remember watching it when it first started when my oldest kid was 7-8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Blatant Spring Jam still happening?
Is anyone privy to when the schedule will be released?

Any word on this tournament? I'm curious as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 2025 year there is a 1-4 team advancing. Check your facts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the 2025 year there is a 1-4 team advancing. Check your facts
Who cares? 25's shouldn't even be there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are YOU doing to grow the game? Apparently not much. WSYL is trying to grow the game. Which means that you need to expand your base outside of the LI and Baltimore area. So yes, you will see weaker teams in the tournament because the goal is to get all teams from all around the country to participate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are YOU doing to grow the game? Apparently not much. WSYL is trying to grow the game. Which means that you need to expand your base outside of the LI and Baltimore area. So yes, you will see weaker teams in the tournament because the goal is to get all teams from all around the country to participate.

I was hoping to see the TommyKnockers and Laxaxchusetts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D new england took it to both tommyknockers and laxachusetts. big summer for them, dont see them losing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D NE players will have their driver's licenses this summer so should be able to make it wicked fast to all the big tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of negatively on this forum. Let’s let the kids play and have fun and get better. If you don’t like the coach, either deal with it, quit, or find a new team. If you don’t like the rules, either deal with it, quit, or get involved and try to make the rules better. If you don’t like another team them beat them or shut up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should have played in the 2025 WSYL qualifiers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D new england took it to both tommyknockers and laxachusetts. big summer for them, dont see them losing

When?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should have played in the 2025 WSYL qualifiers

That is what the Mohicans did. Their 2026 squad played in 14u (2025) qualifier and lost by 1 goal in championship game. Advanced to 14U WSYL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of negatively on this forum. Let’s let the kids play and have fun and get better. If you don’t like the coach, either deal with it, quit, or find a new team. If you don’t like the rules, either deal with it, quit, or get involved and try to make the rules better. If you don’t like another team them beat them or shut up.

The WSYL is not a joke for 1 reason and 1 reason only. It's a level playing field. Who cares what region the teams come from play the games. Hopefully the clubs adhere to the age requirements and true 2026 kids will play against true 2026 kids. The NLF and all of these other tournaments do not have age requirements, The WSYL does. I'm not going to sit here and cry about holdbacks because that is what the game is now. IMHO all teams and tournaments should go by US Lacrosse age rules but that's not going to happen because that doesn't make money. 9/1/07 - 8/31/08..........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. The holdback parents will often say things like “there isn’t an age requirement in high school so get used to it.” I would say that when boys enter HS most have reached puberty. In middle school, however, you have some holdback kids who are 160 pounds playing against some on age kids who are 80 pounds. You will still have a few huge on age kids, and age based isn’t a perfect system, but keeps it as level as possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's going to be at Spring Jam next weekend? It's not on tourney machine yet...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awsome job blatant on town tourney sat. Was great to get back to almost normal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question for folks on the most highly competitive teams.
how are games coached? are players allotted equal playing time or do the top players play more in competitive game?
is winning a high priority or is it playing everyone and giving everyone their opportunity?
are players coached to their skill set, meaning do they have particular roles or is it coached like a post camp all star team, roll the ball out and rotate players (staying within their respective positions) thru regardless of situations?
how is game IQ taught and developed? Is true game coaching, situational coaching and substituting being used/taught? are games coached like a HS/college game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how are games coached? are players allotted equal playing time or do the top players play more in competitive game?
is winning a high priority or is it playing everyone and giving everyone their opportunity?
are players coached to their skill set, meaning do they have particular roles or is it coached like a post camp all star team, roll the ball out and rotate players (staying within their respective positions) thru regardless of situations?
how is game IQ taught and developed? Is true game coaching, situational coaching and substituting being used/taught? are games coached like a HS/college game?

My son is on a highly competitive team. It is coached very similar to HS/College whereas players know their roles and players are put on the field for specific situations. Playing time is definitely not equal and the coach definitely plays each game to win. I'd say all of the kids do play in games unless it's a close game but at least 1/3 of the team sees less than 5 or 6 minutes a game. In my opinion the game IQ comes from being out there and seeing the field while having the kids play corrected when a mistake is made or a better option was available.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IQ comes from coaching, playing, and watching high level lacrosse. Even better if the player can watch college games on TV with someone who can explain the nuances of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's going to be at Spring Jam next weekend? It's not on tourney machine yet...

https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publ...ivision=h202105051820588513ae299841efb49

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Between this and the MD thread there is close to 500 pages of parents yammering about who's better in 12-14 year old lacrosse. I would say winning is important for many smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the Blatant tournament 26 teams ? It’s definitely a B bracket which i understand, good luck to all the kids and teams that entered. My question is how is 91 A team playing in a B bracket ? Wow , that’s all i can say . Can they actually feel good about playing that schedule and winning 🤦‍♂️ Play up ! Challenge yourself. Igloo coaches i give you credit..stepping up to 25 A ..those 91 parents are clueless spending that money for that product

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about that’s the correct tournament and bracket for that team !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the Blatant tournament 26 teams ? It’s definitely a B bracket which i understand, good luck to all the kids and teams that entered. My question is how is 91 A team playing in a B bracket ? Wow , that’s all i can say . Can they actually feel good about playing that schedule and winning 🤦‍♂️ Play up ! Challenge yourself. Igloo coaches i give you credit..stepping up to 25 A ..those 91 parents are clueless spending that money for that product
Why are you the same guy on here trolling 91 all the time? You keep coming on here sounding like a little female dog! Yes, you are an Igloo dad who lost to 91 and are looking to get some credit for playing "up" in a 2025 B bracket in this tourney. The 2025B bracket is a joke also. 91 entered this tourney a long time ago and doesn't control who entered. You should be happy not to lose to 91 again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe people can just appreciate having a nice weekend tournament on Long Island. It’s great getting to play on the island. No I’m not a 91 parent. Kids just want to play. They really don’t give a c rap about brackets or running to Delaware hoping yo play Hawks or Crabs or whatever. All been there done that Couple of trips here and there with nice venues is fun. Staying in places with nothing stinks. Whatever happened to making it a nice weekend for all? Ocean City ,Cape Cod, Hershey,Placid, do it right. Jersey?wt f

Page 54 of 73 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard