BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 161 of 214 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Easy yes, easiest has to be field hockey

Not so coming from Long Island. Go take a look at the Top 10 Field Hockey programs and compare the number of Long Island girls on the rosters compared to the number of Long Island girls on the rosters at the Top 10 lacrosse programs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Only about 1.2 percent of the nation’s 400,000+ high-school women’s basketball athletes go on to play for a D1 women’s basketball program.”

Yet, some lax clubs send 100% of their club teams. You can scream till you are blue in the face, there are not 22 D1 players on your current club team.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not so coming from Long Island. Go take a look at the Top 10 Field Hockey programs and compare the number of Long Island girls on the rosters compared to the number of Long Island girls on the rosters at the Top 10 lacrosse programs.

Compare the number of international girls on the top 10 D1 field hockey programs to those who live here in the states. Not so easy getting a D1 field hockey scholarship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just looked quickly...

1 - Long Island player on 10 of the Traditional Top 10 Field Hockey rosters.... UNC, Duke, Del, BC, Michigan, Princeton, UVA, PSU, MD, UConn

70 (approximately) - Long Island players on 9 traditional lacrosse powers (left Stony Brook out) UNC, Syracuse, Northwestern, Penn, Princeton, ND, Florida, BC, UVA

Obviously Long Island Lacrosse is very strong, Long Island field hockey not a hotbed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing hasn’t changed, lax parents have a lot of free time on their hands. Any more statistics, anyone can look up stats that don’t matter and are out of context. Before you put out stats, look up how many D1 and basketball and soccer programs there are compared to lacrosse, then crunch those numbers.
A lot of know it all’s that know nothing. Ask any parent, what the “easiest” path for their daughter to play D1 sports and 95% would say lacrosse if it available in their town, city or region.
One thing hasn’t changed, lax parents have a lot of free time on their hands. Any more statistics, anyone can look up stats that don’t matter and are out of context. Before you put out stats, look up how many D1 and basketball and soccer programs there are compared to lacrosse, then crunch those numbers.
A lot of know it all’s that know nothing. Ask any parent, what the “easiest” path for their daughter to play D1 sports and 95% would say lacrosse if it available in their town, city or region.

I’m not sure what your point is.

The Majority of Lacrosse parents I know view Lacrosse as a way to help get their child into a College/University that they would otherwise not be able to get accepted at. Most were less concerned about scholarships knowing full well that only the majority of players do not receive significant “athletic scholarship $$” at the most competitive programs many of which are excellent academic institutions.

The goal is to get into a great school!
Coming from Long Island it is extremely difficult to get into the best schools without having something to offer in addition to grades and test scores.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When everyone is clambering to get lacrosse scholarships because it is “easier” says more about the sport than the athletes. You actually have to have legitimate talent to play D1 women’s basketball and soccer...not so much in lacrosse.
Most of these lax girls with D1 scholarships head off to college never to be heard from again because they were never really a D1 talent. Even with all these clubs eating all your money, the D1 talent pool is small, forcing D1 schools to take girls that are not really D1 talents to fill out 30 man rosters.
The D1 path for basketball and soccer is much more difficult because you actually have to have legitimate talent and are competing for spots on team ms against girls all across the world...lacrosse you are battling maybe 7-8 states with club lacrosse programs. It is even more watered down with all the new D1 lax programs that are popping up due to the enforcement of title ix money.
Any D1 sports scholarship should be applauded, but let’s not get carried away with the sport of lax, when it is supposedly the “easiest” D1 scholarship to obtain.

Are you responding to a particular post? I don't recall reading any posts that discussed people clambering to get a lacrosse scholarship. Lacrosse has always been about your kid getting into the best school possible, if she got some scholarship money it would be icing on the cake. The goal is not D1 the goal is a "Great Education". For some I'm sure that the chance to earn an athletic scholarship is appealing but most of us realize that only a small percentage of players receive a "Big" scholarship.

I guess I'm curious as to the overall point of your post. Is your daughter going to play basketball or soccer in college? I assume that your daughter plays lacrosse otherwise why would you be on this site.

In any event, I will use lacrosse to help my children get into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Columbia, Penn, Dartmouth, Cornell, Hopkins, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Duke, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Georgetown, USC, Boston College, North Carolina, Virginia, Army, Navy, Michigan, Maryland, Penn State, Bucknell, Villanova, Lehigh, Richmond etc... and have them be able to be part of a college team. No, a big scholarship was never part of the equation. Lacrosse provides tremendous opportunities for many Long Island Girls.

Not sure why you seem to have a problem with any of this.

Good luck to your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When everyone is clambering to get lacrosse scholarships because it is “easier” says more about the sport than the athletes. You actually have to have legitimate talent to play D1 women’s basketball and soccer...not so much in lacrosse.
Most of these lax girls with D1 scholarships head off to college never to be heard from again because they were never really a D1 talent. Even with all these clubs eating all your money, the D1 talent pool is small, forcing D1 schools to take girls that are not really D1 talents to fill out 30 man rosters.
The D1 path for basketball and soccer is much more difficult because you actually have to have legitimate talent and are competing for spots on team ms against girls all across the world...lacrosse you are battling maybe 7-8 states with club lacrosse programs. It is even more watered down with all the new D1 lax programs that are popping up due to the enforcement of title ix money.
Any D1 sports scholarship should be applauded, but let’s not get carried away with the sport of lax, when it is supposedly the “easiest” D1 scholarship to obtain.

Are you responding to a particular post? I don't recall reading any posts that discussed people clambering to get a lacrosse scholarship. Lacrosse has always been about your kid getting into the best school possible, if she got some scholarship money it would be icing on the cake. The goal is not D1 the goal is a "Great Education". For some I'm sure that the chance to earn an athletic scholarship is appealing but most of us realize that only a small percentage of players receive a "Big" scholarship.

I guess I'm curious as to the overall point of your post. Is your daughter going to play basketball or soccer in college? I assume that your daughter plays lacrosse otherwise why would you be on this site.

In any event, I will use lacrosse to help my children get into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, Columbia, Penn, Dartmouth, Cornell, Hopkins, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Duke, Vanderbilt, Stanford, Georgetown, USC, Boston College, North Carolina, Virginia, Army, Navy, Michigan, Maryland, Penn State, Bucknell, Villanova, Lehigh, Richmond etc... and have them be able to be part of a college team. No, a big scholarship was never part of the equation. Lacrosse provides tremendous opportunities for many Long Island Girls.

Not sure why you seem to have a problem with any of this.

Good luck to your daughter.

Great response!! In addition if you’re daughter plays basketball and or soccer and you’re from Long Island, beware. Take a look at big time basketball and soccer rosters at the college level. Long Island isn’t very well represented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, parents giving absurd money to club teams and “showcases” to get an athletic scholarship. Go back and read the tread.
That’s nice you want a great education or your kids, but most people do it for their kids to actually “play” at the next level. You don’t need to “use” lacrosse to get into those schools you just know it is the easiest route to do so...point made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, parents giving absurd money to club teams and “showcases” to get an athletic scholarship. Go back and read the tread.
That’s nice you want a great education or your kids, but most people do it for their kids to actually “play” at the next level. You don’t need to “use” lacrosse to get into those schools you just know it is the easiest route to do so...point made.

"...point made." I don't think so...

I believe the post that you are responding to states "use lacrosse to Help" get into what many would consider one of many great schools. The post also stated "and have them be part of a college team". So yes, many on this site have chosen to use lacrosse in order to help put their children in a better position to be accepted to a great college / university while at the same time provide them with the opportunity to enjoy all of the positives and benefits that go along with being part of a team. Some of us believe that athletics play a large role in the education of our children. Sports in general but especially team sports teach many lessons that will benefit our children throughout their life. Two of my kids who were both multi sport athletes are playing in college and both are at great schools that they would not have gotten into without lacrosse (and they were both good students). My children have all made friends along the way (as have my wife and I) and I am sure that many of their college teammates will be their close friends for life.

You state "parents giving absurd money to club teams and showcases to get an athletic scholarship" ... again, I have not seen much chatter about scholarships on here. I have seen a lot of talk regarding "recruiting" and the process not so much on scholarships.

I am curious though, do you believe that other sports are free? Do you believe that the top soccer and basketball players do not pay to be on club teams and participate in showcases?

If you think in this day and age getting into the Top Schools is easy you haven't had a child go through the process. If you did, and it was easy well then congratulations. In my experience, the kids that are playing lacrosse at the college worked pretty hard and are continuing to do so. Another benefit that lacrosse provides is the extensive networking opportunities that are available for those who choose to take advantage of the lacrosse network.

It sounds like you are bitter about something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe the post that you are responding to states "use lacrosse to Help" get into what many would consider one of many great schools. The post also stated "and have them be part of a college team". So yes, many on this site have chosen to use lacrosse in order to help put their children in a better position to be accepted to a great college / university while at the same time provide them with the opportunity to enjoy all of the positives and benefits that go along with being part of a team. Some of us believe that athletics play a large role in the education of our children. Sports in general but especially team sports teach many lessons that will benefit our children throughout their life. Two of my kids who were both multi sport athletes are playing in college and both are at great schools that they would not have gotten into without lacrosse (and they were both good students). My children have all made friends along the way (as have my wife and I) and I am sure that many of their college teammates will be their close friends for life.

You state "parents giving absurd money to club teams and showcases to get an athletic scholarship" ... again, I have not seen much chatter about scholarships on here. I have seen a lot of talk regarding "recruiting" and the process not so much on scholarships.

I am curious though, do you believe that other sports are free? Do you believe that the top soccer and basketball players do not pay to be on club teams and participate in showcases?

If you think in this day and age getting into the Top Schools is easy you haven't had a child go through the process. If you did, and it was easy well then congratulations. In my experience, the kids that are playing lacrosse at the college worked pretty hard and are continuing to do so. Another benefit that lacrosse provides is the extensive networking opportunities that are available for those who choose to take advantage of the lacrosse network.

Sounds like a soccer dad who just realized that NY ranks right behind Alaska on the most girls soccer scholarship list by state.
Long Island is mecca for lacrosse. Soccer is unfortunately average to below average for an area.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not bitter, not worried about soccer. My kids played D1, on scholarship, and didn’t have to go through the “club process”. To each is own, yes, kids play other club sports to go to college but let’s just not miss the point the that people like you “use” lacrosse try and get into those schools b/c of the inherent belief that it is the easiest. That is the point.
Not saying it is right or wrong and can’t get your kid into a good school. Us as parents have to use every avenue available to give our kids a shot at a good life and maybe a life better than ours.
Just too many are delusional about athletic ability because they play on a club team and spending way too much money to get their.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not bitter, not worried about soccer. My kids played D1, on scholarship, and didn’t have to go through the “club process”. To each is own, yes, kids play other club sports to go to college but let’s just not miss the point the that people like you “use” lacrosse try and get into those schools b/c of the inherent belief that it is the easiest. That is the point.
Not saying it is right or wrong and can’t get your kid into a good school. Us as parents have to use every avenue available to give our kids a shot at a good life and maybe a life better than ours.
Just too many are delusional about athletic ability because they play on a club team and spending way too much money to get their.

Happy to hear that your kids had a good experience and that they earned scholarships. I honestly think it is terrific.

I will say that your point / points are strange...but I get it and unfortunately girls lacrosse creates a lot of animosity. That said, We "use" as in leverage lacrosse the same way we "use" or leverage hard work, good grades etc... in order to increase our child's likelihood / odds / chances etc... of getting into the best or right school. For some reason you seem to take issue with the concept.

As far as it being easy, I do not believe it was easy for any of the kids, I'm sure they all worked hard and did the best they could.

I do agree with you that there are a lot of delusional parents.... Not all of the kids are going to go to a Top 10 program or to a top 10 academic school but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try. Set the bar and the goal high and even if you don't reach it you will probably do pretty well.

From a financial standpoint , everyone is in a different position and has different priorities. If Lacrosse or any other sport helps with the cost of college that is great.

I will say that if many of the best "lacrosse" athletes chose to specialize in another sport they would have success. We do not see the same opportunities in other sport for many reasons, it's not simply because the athletes are not here on The Island, a lot of other factors are involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure when D1 dad's girls went to college, but I would say it's near impossible now to get into a respectable D1 school without being on a club team. Things are changing by the year, and this will be even more pronounced as colleges waive SATs and the number of applications shoot through the roof. Every little edge will count when it comes to getting into a top school (academically and lax-wise). And while it's great that your kids played D1, was it one of the schools the other poster mentioned? Not all D1s are alike, and I would much rather my kid not play lacrosse and go to a top educational institution than go to some no name D1 and face an uphill battle getting a job. Of course, the hope is that lacrosse will be the factor that determines whether my kid gets into a top school that otherwise would be very hard, even with top grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the top lax programs are also the top academic schools as well - and therefore harder to get into without lacrosse. I would definitely take the time to prep for the SAT and take it by Fall of 11th grade. A top academic school will most likely have 1300-1450 SAT requirements for admission. If you fall in the higher end of that range - you will receive more academic merit regardless of college. I believe a 1250 SAT score will exempt you from counting as part of the 12 athletic scholarships allowed per D1 team - and you will be able to stack athletic money and multiple academic grants at some schools. Some lower D1 schools only have 1100-1250 SAT requirements, so if you score higher than that range - you would probably qualify for more grants because you would rank higher as a student at that school. Coaches always ask for transcripts and SAT scores to see how many academic grants they can offer you - and to see if you can get into their school via admissions.

In many of these smaller schools, 1300-1350 can also get you into their honors programs - which is more money in academic grants. Surprisingly, the honors program SAT requirements at one D1 school could be at, or lower, than the minimum SAT requirements at more prestigious school. If cost matters - than that deal will probably be a better fit. There are some really great state schools as well that would probably cost nearly the same - or at least in the same ballpark - as attending a private college without any athletic money at all. Also, not every college accepts AP and college credits the same way. Higher end schools want to see 4 or 5 on APs, where smaller colleges and state schools will accept 3s for credit. If your child spent the time taking college classes in high school, it would be worth if for them to get credit for the classes - and that is money too. 30 credits is a year of college in the bank.

Academics often get overlooked in the recruiting process. Not pushing small schools at all - but if money is an issue - they make sense for a lot of families. Good luck with the process!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the top lax programs are also the top academic schools as well - and therefore harder to get into without lacrosse. I would definitely take the time to prep for the SAT and take it by Fall of 11th grade. A top academic school will most likely have 1300-1450 SAT requirements for admission. If you fall in the higher end of that range - you will receive more academic merit regardless of college. I believe a 1250 SAT score will exempt you from counting as part of the 12 athletic scholarships allowed per D1 team - and you will be able to stack athletic money and multiple academic grants at some schools. Some lower D1 schools only have 1100-1250 SAT requirements, so if you score higher than that range - you would probably qualify for more grants because you would rank higher as a student at that school. Coaches always ask for transcripts and SAT scores to see how many academic grants they can offer you - and to see if you can get into their school via admissions.

In many of these smaller schools, 1300-1350 can also get you into their honors programs - which is more money in academic grants. Surprisingly, the honors program SAT requirements at one D1 school could be at, or lower, than the minimum SAT requirements at more prestigious school. If cost matters - than that deal will probably be a better fit. There are some really great state schools as well that would probably cost nearly the same - or at least in the same ballpark - as attending a private college without any athletic money at all. Also, not every college accepts AP and college credits the same way. Higher end schools want to see 4 or 5 on APs, where smaller colleges and state schools will accept 3s for credit. If your child spent the time taking college classes in high school, it would be worth if for them to get credit for the classes - and that is money too. 30 credits is a year of college in the bank.

Academics often get overlooked in the recruiting process. Not pushing small schools at all - but if money is an issue - they make sense for a lot of families. Good luck with the process!

Some good advice, except the very best academic schools don’t give any academic money (Ivies). 1300 SAT is what you need

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a soccer dad who just realized that NY ranks right behind Alaska on the most girls soccer scholarship list by state.
Long Island is mecca for lacrosse. Soccer is unfortunately average to below average for an area.

Not to mention that soccer is about as exciting to watch as paint drying. "The final was 1-0. It was a nail-biter! It was back in forth for the whole *90* minutes." 90 minutes to watch on goal. No thanks. Paint dries in an hour. I'll watch that.

Second only to field hockey where girls try to run while hunched over a stick that is clearly only half the size it ought to be. Are there any studies on what D1 field hockey player's spines look like by the time they're 40?

(Please note, I am not disparaging the players' efforts to excel. Both sports require tremendous dedication and skill.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In addition to the "athletic and Team sport benefits and life lessons) lacrosse is about helping our children get into the best school possible. Many of the schools listed below have Division I Lacrosse Programs and without lacrosse it would be very difficult for our children to get into them.

Below are some rankings of where some of the Major Players in Investment Banking, Consulting and Big Tech hire from they are known as "Target Schools". Just want to point out the opportunities Lacrosse can provide for our children. The rankings are primarily in order of "number undergraduate hires" from each school.

Not knocking or touting any schools just pointing out Many of the schools that lacrosse can help get kids into are also feeder schools into many of the most lucrative careers at some of the best companies in three particular industries.
Not every kid knows what career path they want to pursue so choosing a school that can open as many doors as possible is very important. In many cases, it will be the school "name recognition and or prestige" that will help get their foot in the door with an interview (lacrosse connections help as well).

Investment Banking: BOA, Barclays, Citi, Goldman Sachs, JPM, Morgan Stanley etc... Recent Grads (2014 - 2019)

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

Consulting: McKinsey, Bain, BCG.... Recent Grads (2014 - 2020)

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
23 - Washington Uni St. Louis
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
27 - Uni Southern California
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

1 University of California, Berkeley
2 Stanford University
3 Carnegie Mellon University
4 University of Southern California
5 The University of Texas at Austin
6 Georgia Institute of Technology
7 University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
8 San Jose State University
9 University of California, San Diego
10 Arizona State University
11 University of Michigan
12 University of California, Los Angeles
13 North Carolina State University
14 California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo
15 Cornell University
16 University of Waterloo (Canada)
17 Texas A&M University
18 University of Washington
19 Purdue University
20 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
21 Santa Clara University
22 University of Phoenix
23 University of California, Santa Barbara
24 University of California, Davis
25 Penn State University

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In addition to the "athletic and Team sport benefits and life lessons) lacrosse is about helping our children get into the best school possible. Many of the schools listed below have Division I Lacrosse Programs and without lacrosse it would be very difficult for our children to get into them.

Below are some rankings of where some of the Major Players in Investment Banking, Consulting and Big Tech hire from they are known as "Target Schools". Just want to point out the opportunities Lacrosse can provide for our children. The rankings are primarily in order of "number undergraduate hires" from each school.

Not knocking or touting any schools just pointing out Many of the schools that lacrosse can help get kids into are also feeder schools into many of the most lucrative careers at some of the best companies in three particular industries.
Not every kid knows what career path they want to pursue so choosing a school that can open as many doors as possible is very important. In many cases, it will be the school "name recognition and or prestige" that will help get their foot in the door with an interview (lacrosse connections help as well).

Investment Banking: BOA, Barclays, Citi, Goldman Sachs, JPM, Morgan Stanley etc... Recent Grads (2014 - 2019)

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

2 Stanford University
15 Cornell University
17 Texas A&M University
19 Purdue University
22 University of Phoenix
25 Penn State University

By my count, 23 schools with Division I Women's Lacrosse Programs listed in those groups.... Tremendous opportunity for our children and lacrosse can certainly help in many ways.

All of the Ivy's, other top privates, some great public universities... city schools, suburban schools, New England, Southern, Mid Western, West Coast, Large, small, mid-size....

Great to be able to go to the "best" school but "Best" to find the "Right" school for your child.... IMHO "Best Fit" is the goal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how this convo started but anyone who has time to research and post a book on BOC is weird or a club owner. Sounds more like a club owner post. We get it, lax can open doors for you.

Most will not be going to any of those schools anyway. Only 3% of all lax players attend a D1 school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how this convo started but anyone who has time to research and post a book on BOC is weird or a club owner. Sounds more like a club owner post. We get it, lax can open doors for you.

Most will not be going to any of those schools anyway. Only 3% of all lax players attend a D1 school.

It probably takes less than 5 minutes to “research”... just Google “top undergraduate feeder schools for investment banking “ or something to that affect.

It’s always funny when people who are posting on this site try to knock others for “having time to post”....

Now let’s get back to tearing down children, clubs, schools, teams, coaches etc... there is no time for posting anything, helpful, interesting, useful or positive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

2 Stanford University
15 Cornell University
17 Texas A&M University
19 Purdue University
22 University of Phoenix
25 Penn State University

By my count, 23 schools with Division I Women's Lacrosse Programs listed in those groups.... Tremendous opportunity for our children and lacrosse can certainly help in many ways.

All of the Ivy's, other top privates, some great public universities... city schools, suburban schools, New England, Southern, Mid Western, West Coast, Large, small, mid-size....

Great to be able to go to the "best" school but "Best" to find the "Right" school for your child.... IMHO "Best Fit" is the goal.

Here is some additional food for thought... Link to article at the bottom

These 30 Colleges get students Jobs through great professional partnerships. I think 18 of the these schools have a varsity women's lacrosse program.

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
7 - University of Cal. Berkeley
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
18 - Carnegie Mellon University
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
21 - Claremont McKenna College
22 - Arizona State
23 - California Institute of Technology
24 - University of Maryland
25 - North Carolina State
26 - University of Cal. San Diego
27 - Florida
28 - University of Cal. Davis
29 - Virginia Tech
30 - Embry Riddle Aeronautical

See link for article

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj-48mEoZ_wAhWxiOAKHfvQD_gQFjAAegQIBRAD&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestvalueschools.com%2Fcolleges-professional-partnerships%2F&usg=AOvVaw2unXzK1L3ugBroBfK47xiK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In addition to the "athletic and Team sport benefits and life lessons) lacrosse is about helping our children get into the best school possible. Many of the schools listed below have Division I Lacrosse Programs and without lacrosse it would be very difficult for our children to get into them.

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

2 Stanford University
15 Cornell University
17 Texas A&M University
19 Purdue University
22 University of Phoenix
25 Penn State University

These 30 Colleges get students Jobs through great professional partnerships. I think 18 of the these schools have a varsity women's lacrosse program.

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
22 - Arizona State
27 - Florida
29 - Virginia Tech

See link for article

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In addition to the "athletic and Team sport benefits and life lessons) lacrosse is about helping our children get into the best school possible. Many of the schools listed below have Division I Lacrosse Programs and without lacrosse it would be very difficult for our children to get into them.

1 - Penn
2 - NYU
3 - Michigan
4 - Harvard
5 - Georgetown
6 - Cornell
7 - Yale
8 - Columbia
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Princeton
11 - U of Chicago
12 - Cal - Berkeley
13 - Texas
14 - Duke
15 - Virginia
16 - Dartmouth
17 - BYU
18 - Vanderbilt
19 - Indiana
20 - Uni Southern Cal
21 - Northwestern
22 - Boston College
23 - Brown
25 - North Carolina
26 - Stanford
27 - UCLA
28 - Middlebury
29 - Penn State
30 - Emory

1 - Harvard
2 - Penn
3 - Michigan
4 - Yale
5 - Stanford
6 - Duke
7 - Princeton
8 - MIT
9 - Uni Cal Berkeley
10 - Northwestern
11 - Columbia
12 - Texas
13 - Virginia
14 - Dartmouth
15 - Notre Dame
16 - Vanderbilt
16 - Uni Chicago
18 - Brown
19 - Georgetown
20 - Georgia Tech
21 - Western University
22 - Mc Gill University
24 - Queen's University
25 - BYU
26 - Rice
28 - Cornell
29 - North Carolina
30 - Uni Illinois

Big Tech

2 Stanford University
15 Cornell University
17 Texas A&M University
19 Purdue University
22 University of Phoenix
25 Penn State University

1 - Michigan
2 - Penn State
3 - Stanford
4 - Harvard
5 - NYU
6 - Princeton
8 - Penn
9 - MIT
10 - USC (California)
11 - Cornell
12 - Dartmouth
13 - Washington
14 - Texas A&M
15 - Yale
16 - Northeastern
17 - Purdue
19 - Georgia Tech
20 - UCLA
22 - Arizona State
27 - Florida
29 - Virginia Tech

See link for article

https://www.bestvalueschools.com/colleges-professional-partnerships/

Some great schools with awesome opportunities. 28 of the schools listed have Varsity Women's Lacrosse Teams (26 DI & 2 DIII). In contrast, only 16 of the schools above offer Varsity Men's Lacrosse (14 DI & 2 DII).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Sayville will give Bayport and MS a game if not beat both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax, They beat Hauppauge

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what the pre-season power rankings were for Suffolk this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many blow out wins. What happened to some teams? Makes for very boring lacrosse. A few good games also. Great to see Wantagh take down Manhasset!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, seriously. Sayville parent jumping the gun. Both BBP and MS stacked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great game yesterday Wantagh-Manhasset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL, seriously. Sayville parent jumping the gun. Both BBP and MS stacked.

Most likely not a Sayville parent posting that, just someone looking to start trouble. This is year belongs to BBP, it is their championship to lose. They are the deepest team and brimming with underclass talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like every year at BBP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MS barely escaped Westhampton. Kudos to Sayville on huge win vs ESM. How bout West Islip beating West Babylon. A few great games yesterday!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone can agree Sayville is in the conversation now, Eastport is not Hauppauge!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Covid. The committed lax towns found a way to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBP and Sayville are the 2 best teams in Suffolk Div II on paper, and on the commitment section of the YJ website. Sayville wins head to head. They don’t play each other in playoffs bc they’re in different divisions. On paper its each of their county championships to lose. We’ll find out in four weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mt Sinai girls team wins it’s 3rd 1 goal game of the season beating SWR at the buzzer.

If you want to teach officials how to call a game, use this game film. The crew missed a lot. Girls lacrosse is a non contact sport - MS drew 3 yellow cards and a green for delay of game for not giving the SWR player 5 yards after fouling her (prob should have been a yellow). Probably should have had half a dozen more yellows given the outrageous number of body checks and their over aggressive defensive play. MS played from behind most of the game. SWR like Westhampton lost the game.

Crafty MS coaches at one point put an extra player on the field subbing her through the box. They do a lot of subbing on the fly. Future opponents should take note and assign someone to count the players on the field every set bc the refs clearly don’t and the MS coaches continue to push the limits and make officials officiate. Tough spot bc the officials then get blamed for deciding the outcome but maybe if they start enforcing the basic rules the coaching shannigans that have been happening for years at MS may finally be exposed and end.

#1 on MS is legit. Has a great future ahead of her. Shocked to see younger Choma at MS. ESM, Riverhead and now MS. She’s in 9th grade. MS keeping up that tradition of importing talent into the district for their HS runs. Not sure if SWR is really good at this point or if MS winning is a fluke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The referring situation needs to be addressed. Our players know more then them. What upsets me the most, is someone is going to get hurt because the refs don’t control the game.

MS always played games. Someone needs to beat him at his own “game”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Steroid head dad from Comsewogue really just needs to be banned from attending all section XI games at this point. Why did you feel the need to come to our side of the field after the game? I know you’re on here, so might as well reply. You’re a classless piece of s$@t. At what age do you stop challenging grown men to a fist fight in the parking lot? Your team lost, put your tail between your legs and go home like everyone else does. I’ll refrain from calling out the girls on here as everyone already knows how dirty they are when they are losing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bayport shut them out last time they played so I’m sure they have their sneaky coach figured out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying a ESM kid is now playing for Mt. Sinai

Like Reply Quote
Page 161 of 214 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 213 214
Quick Reply