Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Travel Team Tryouts Posting Daily!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 06/13/21 07:40 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 06/13/21 07:31 PM
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 06/13/21 07:27 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/13/21 07:17 PM
Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/13/21 06:57 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,401
Posts294,399
Members2,293
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 74 of 96 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 95 96
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329121 05/05/21 10:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are not going to reward forfeit wins to the teams who had no control over not playing and weren’t the ones who needed to cancel the game because of positive covid cases on the team, then the only fair way to seed teams is by win percentage. McD was ranked 3rd by win percentage, the way it should be. Hours later, they were 2nd with a lower % than the now 3rd seed. Everyone in the current high school atmosphere doesn’t need to be a rocket scientist to know strings were pulled. Nothing you can do about it now but go out and beat them. Good luck to the teams playing this afternoon.

You're wrong. The standings on the IAAM website have been sorted by wins all year. It wasn't changed within hours. NDP canceled the game originally when they voluntarily shutdown their own program for 2 weeks so they bear just as much if not more responsibility for not getting all their games in as anyone else. By choosing to shutdown for 2 weeks they not only rescheduled games that were supposed to take place during those two weeks they also took away any off days to move games that got postponed later. NDP is playing RPCS. I'm pretty sure they'll be ok not having a bye and would be playing McD regardless if it was sorted by winning percentage. So what's the big deal?

Home field is a the "big deal." NDP had a better record and the game should be at NDP.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329148 05/06/21 09:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are not going to reward forfeit wins to the teams who had no control over not playing and weren’t the ones who needed to cancel the game because of positive covid cases on the team, then the only fair way to seed teams is by win percentage. McD was ranked 3rd by win percentage, the way it should be. Hours later, they were 2nd with a lower % than the now 3rd seed. Everyone in the current high school atmosphere doesn’t need to be a rocket scientist to know strings were pulled. Nothing you can do about it now but go out and beat them. Good luck to the teams playing this afternoon.

You're wrong. The standings on the IAAM website have been sorted by wins all year. It wasn't changed within hours. NDP canceled the game originally when they voluntarily shutdown their own program for 2 weeks so they bear just as much if not more responsibility for not getting all their games in as anyone else. By choosing to shutdown for 2 weeks they not only rescheduled games that were supposed to take place during those two weeks they also took away any off days to move games that got postponed later. NDP is playing RPCS. I'm pretty sure they'll be ok not having a bye and would be playing McD regardless if it was sorted by winning percentage. So what's the big deal?

Home field is a the "big deal." NDP had a better record and the game should be at NDP.
But McD wasn’t going to have that, so here we are.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329153 05/06/21 09:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are not going to reward forfeit wins to the teams who had no control over not playing and weren’t the ones who needed to cancel the game because of positive covid cases on the team, then the only fair way to seed teams is by win percentage. McD was ranked 3rd by win percentage, the way it should be. Hours later, they were 2nd with a lower % than the now 3rd seed. Everyone in the current high school atmosphere doesn’t need to be a rocket scientist to know strings were pulled. Nothing you can do about it now but go out and beat them. Good luck to the teams playing this afternoon.

You're wrong. The standings on the IAAM website have been sorted by wins all year. It wasn't changed within hours. NDP canceled the game originally when they voluntarily shutdown their own program for 2 weeks so they bear just as much if not more responsibility for not getting all their games in as anyone else. By choosing to shutdown for 2 weeks they not only rescheduled games that were supposed to take place during those two weeks they also took away any off days to move games that got postponed later. NDP is playing RPCS. I'm pretty sure they'll be ok not having a bye and would be playing McD regardless if it was sorted by winning percentage. So what's the big deal?

Home field is a the "big deal." NDP had a better record and the game should be at NDP.
But McD wasn’t going to have that, so here we are.

You can keep posting this all you want but as has been said the standings were sorted this way all season on the IAAM website. Also Mac and your AD were well aware of it when they decided to shutdown for 2 weeks for Spring Break and Gym Meet. The rules weren't changed to help McD. The rules have been the rules all year you just weren't aware of them apparently.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329156 05/06/21 09:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you are not going to reward forfeit wins to the teams who had no control over not playing and weren’t the ones who needed to cancel the game because of positive covid cases on the team, then the only fair way to seed teams is by win percentage. McD was ranked 3rd by win percentage, the way it should be. Hours later, they were 2nd with a lower % than the now 3rd seed. Everyone in the current high school atmosphere doesn’t need to be a rocket scientist to know strings were pulled. Nothing you can do about it now but go out and beat them. Good luck to the teams playing this afternoon.

You're wrong. The standings on the IAAM website have been sorted by wins all year. It wasn't changed within hours. NDP canceled the game originally when they voluntarily shutdown their own program for 2 weeks so they bear just as much if not more responsibility for not getting all their games in as anyone else. By choosing to shutdown for 2 weeks they not only rescheduled games that were supposed to take place during those two weeks they also took away any off days to move games that got postponed later. NDP is playing RPCS. I'm pretty sure they'll be ok not having a bye and would be playing McD regardless if it was sorted by winning percentage. So what's the big deal?

Home field is a the "big deal." NDP had a better record and the game should be at NDP.
But McD wasn’t going to have that, so here we are.

You can keep posting this all you want but as has been said the standings were sorted this way all season on the IAAM website. Also Mac and your AD were well aware of it when they decided to shutdown for 2 weeks for Spring Break and Gym Meet. The rules weren't changed to help McD. The rules have been the rules all year you just weren't aware of them apparently.
Ok

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #329367 05/08/21 10:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great FB post about the St Pauls fans. Someone please share the link.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329370 05/09/21 06:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great FB post about the St Pauls fans. Someone please share the link.
If you thought it is a great fb post when you read it, why are you not sharing it?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329380 05/09/21 12:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great FB post about the St Pauls fans. Someone please share the link.

The FB post is a total fabrication of what happened by a delusional person. She took a couple people disagreeing with an officials call as somehow insulting the St Mary’s team or any of their players. The SPSG fans thought she was joking around because when she turned around and engaged with them what she was saying was so ridiculous. No one said anything remotely disparaging about st Mary’s. What was being said by the SPSG parents was directed towards an official about a bad call which happened at every game with every team. The fact she chose the be triggered and somehow offended is absurd.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #329392 05/09/21 04:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Copy and pasted:
I don’t normally share this type of criticism or get involved in this type of situation. However, I’m saddened and shocked to share about a girls lacrosse game today... a very talented St. Paul’s Girls team hosted St. Marys high school in a semi finals game... the Saints were not expected to win as we already lost in regular season by a large deficit, but nonetheless we were seeded to play them again.. The game was 1-1 and then quickly turned to 9-1.... St. Paul’s in the lead, all the while listening to parents and coaches complaining left and right about players, checks, calls, and making fun of the Saints team and their efforts. As the score kept rising, the ranting kept coming. I finally turned around and told the St. Paul’s parents that we are both Catholic schools and we should be positive and nice... he was quick to remind me they were Christian not Catholic, I then said in a year or 2 these girls maybe on the same team in college and we could be cheering on the same side, he assured me, no, not my daughter, she won’t be on the same team as these players... a few women on the side were laughing at me... I then said- your team is winning by 9, please allow our girls to have some dignity, laughing continued. I had to walk away because I couldn’t believe parents would behave so poorly. This is the 2nd game I witnessed this school act this way. I witnessed this behavior call after call as we are losing 16-2... I am so proud of the Saints team how they lost with sportsmanship and dignity. Unfortunately I witnessed the worst unsportsmanlike win ever in the St. Paul’s team, coaches and parents. After all that these kids have gone through this year, I would have hoped that winning wasn’t the only thing that mattered... truly breaks my heart.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329410 05/09/21 06:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great FB post about the St Pauls fans. Someone please share the link.

The FB post is a total fabrication of what happened by a delusional person. She took a couple people disagreeing with an officials call as somehow insulting the St Mary’s team or any of their players. The SPSG fans thought she was joking around because when she turned around and engaged with them what she was saying was so ridiculous. No one said anything remotely disparaging about st Mary’s. What was being said by the SPSG parents was directed towards an official about a bad call which happened at every game with every team. The fact she chose the be triggered and somehow offended is absurd.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Copy and pasted:
I don’t normally share this type of criticism or get involved in this type of situation. However, I’m saddened and shocked to share about a girls lacrosse game today... a very talented St. Paul’s Girls team hosted St. Marys high school in a semi finals game... the Saints were not expected to win as we already lost in regular season by a large deficit, but nonetheless we were seeded to play them again.. The game was 1-1 and then quickly turned to 9-1.... St. Paul’s in the lead, all the while listening to parents and coaches complaining left and right about players, checks, calls, and making fun of the Saints team and their efforts. As the score kept rising, the ranting kept coming. I finally turned around and told the St. Paul’s parents that we are both Catholic schools and we should be positive and nice... he was quick to remind me they were Christian not Catholic, I then said in a year or 2 these girls maybe on the same team in college and we could be cheering on the same side, he assured me, no, not my daughter, she won’t be on the same team as these players... a few women on the side were laughing at me... I then said- your team is winning by 9, please allow our girls to have some dignity, laughing continued. I had to walk away because I couldn’t believe parents would behave so poorly. This is the 2nd game I witnessed this school act this way. I witnessed this behavior call after call as we are losing 16-2... I am so proud of the Saints team how they lost with sportsmanship and dignity. Unfortunately I witnessed the worst unsportsmanlike win ever in the St. Paul’s team, coaches and parents. After all that these kids have gone through this year, I would have hoped that winning wasn’t the only thing that mattered... truly breaks my heart.
Making that statement on an anonymous forum, I would question the recollection of the event. Making that statement on a personal social media page holds a little more weight. So which is it, truth or fabrication? I am a parent of a player who lost big to them as well. They did not act like that at our game.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #329413 05/09/21 07:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I said a total fabrication. No one saying a single word about the st Mary’s team, their players or their efforts. There was the usual complaining about calls by the refs that you hear at absolutely every single lacrosse game at every level. This woman decided to turn around to the SPSG parents and go on a diatribe about how the two girls involved with the questionable call may go to college together one day. Being that both the girls are committed to different schools she was told the that the girls weren’t going to the same school. Then she said that since we are both catholic schools we shouldn’t be yelling. She was corrected that SPSG was not a catholic school. As I said, her diatribe was so out of left field people assumed she was joking around. That was the end of the discussion and she moved down the the side of the field where the St Mary’s parents were supposed to be. No one EVER made fun of any player on the St Mary’s team or made any comment about St Mary’s at all. It’s not surprising that this woman then ran to FB to post nonsense. This account can be verified by every SPSG parent that was actually there. The SPSG parents that responded to her post weren’t even there and simply apologized because they assumed she was being factual was not the case at all. St Mary’s is a good team with a lot of good players and had a tough year with Covid issues. No one was disrespecting them or even directing any comment toward them or the parent that made the post on FB

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329442 05/09/21 11:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As I said a total fabrication. No one saying a single word about the st Mary’s team, their players or their efforts. There was the usual complaining about calls by the refs that you hear at absolutely every single lacrosse game at every level. This woman decided to turn around to the SPSG parents and go on a diatribe about how the two girls involved with the questionable call may go to college together one day. Being that both the girls are committed to different schools she was told the that the girls weren’t going to the same school. Then she said that since we are both catholic schools we shouldn’t be yelling. She was corrected that SPSG was not a catholic school. As I said, her diatribe was so out of left field people assumed she was joking around. That was the end of the discussion and she moved down the the side of the field where the St Mary’s parents were supposed to be. No one EVER made fun of any player on the St Mary’s team or made any comment about St Mary’s at all. It’s not surprising that this woman then ran to FB to post nonsense. This account can be verified by every SPSG parent that was actually there. The SPSG parents that responded to her post weren’t even there and simply apologized because they assumed she was being factual was not the case at all. St Mary’s is a good team with a lot of good players and had a tough year with Covid issues. No one was disrespecting them or even directing any comment toward them or the parent that made the post on FB

Thanks Buffy. Sounds like the only parent that was triggered was you.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329443 05/09/21 11:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great FB post about the St Pauls fans. Someone please share the link.

The FB post is a total fabrication of what happened by a delusional person. She took a couple people disagreeing with an officials call as somehow insulting the St Mary’s team or any of their players. The SPSG fans thought she was joking around because when she turned around and engaged with them what she was saying was so ridiculous. No one said anything remotely disparaging about st Mary’s. What was being said by the SPSG parents was directed towards an official about a bad call which happened at every game with every team. The fact she chose the be triggered and somehow offended is absurd.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Copy and pasted:
I don’t normally share this type of criticism or get involved in this type of situation. However, I’m saddened and shocked to share about a girls lacrosse game today... a very talented St. Paul’s Girls team hosted St. Marys high school in a semi finals game... the Saints were not expected to win as we already lost in regular season by a large deficit, but nonetheless we were seeded to play them again.. The game was 1-1 and then quickly turned to 9-1.... St. Paul’s in the lead, all the while listening to parents and coaches complaining left and right about players, checks, calls, and making fun of the Saints team and their efforts. As the score kept rising, the ranting kept coming. I finally turned around and told the St. Paul’s parents that we are both Catholic schools and we should be positive and nice... he was quick to remind me they were Christian not Catholic, I then said in a year or 2 these girls maybe on the same team in college and we could be cheering on the same side, he assured me, no, not my daughter, she won’t be on the same team as these players... a few women on the side were laughing at me... I then said- your team is winning by 9, please allow our girls to have some dignity, laughing continued. I had to walk away because I couldn’t believe parents would behave so poorly. This is the 2nd game I witnessed this school act this way. I witnessed this behavior call after call as we are losing 16-2... I am so proud of the Saints team how they lost with sportsmanship and dignity. Unfortunately I witnessed the worst unsportsmanlike win ever in the St. Paul’s team, coaches and parents. After all that these kids have gone through this year, I would have hoped that winning wasn’t the only thing that mattered... truly breaks my heart.
Making that statement on an anonymous forum, I would question the recollection of the event. Making that statement on a personal social media page holds a little more weight. So which is it, truth or fabrication? I am a parent of a player who lost big to them as well. They did not act like that at our game.

Of course we didn’t act that way at your game or anyone else’s. No parent would ever laugh at or talk bad another team or any player at a game. One of the women standing behind the woman that posted this on FB was the Head of SPSG. Do you really think that people would be talking trash about st Mary’s and their players in front of the Head of School? And if they were do you think the head of school would just stand there and do nothing? This whole thing is BS.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329446 05/10/21 03:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great FB post about the St Pauls fans. Someone please share the link.

The FB post is a total fabrication of what happened by a delusional person. She took a couple people disagreeing with an officials call as somehow insulting the St Mary’s team or any of their players. The SPSG fans thought she was joking around because when she turned around and engaged with them what she was saying was so ridiculous. No one said anything remotely disparaging about st Mary’s. What was being said by the SPSG parents was directed towards an official about a bad call which happened at every game with every team. The fact she chose the be triggered and somehow offended is absurd.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Copy and pasted:
I don’t normally share this type of criticism or get involved in this type of situation. However, I’m saddened and shocked to share about a girls lacrosse game today... a very talented St. Paul’s Girls team hosted St. Marys high school in a semi finals game... the Saints were not expected to win as we already lost in regular season by a large deficit, but nonetheless we were seeded to play them again.. The game was 1-1 and then quickly turned to 9-1.... St. Paul’s in the lead, all the while listening to parents and coaches complaining left and right about players, checks, calls, and making fun of the Saints team and their efforts. As the score kept rising, the ranting kept coming. I finally turned around and told the St. Paul’s parents that we are both Catholic schools and we should be positive and nice... he was quick to remind me they were Christian not Catholic, I then said in a year or 2 these girls maybe on the same team in college and we could be cheering on the same side, he assured me, no, not my daughter, she won’t be on the same team as these players... a few women on the side were laughing at me... I then said- your team is winning by 9, please allow our girls to have some dignity, laughing continued. I had to walk away because I couldn’t believe parents would behave so poorly. This is the 2nd game I witnessed this school act this way. I witnessed this behavior call after call as we are losing 16-2... I am so proud of the Saints team how they lost with sportsmanship and dignity. Unfortunately I witnessed the worst unsportsmanlike win ever in the St. Paul’s team, coaches and parents. After all that these kids have gone through this year, I would have hoped that winning wasn’t the only thing that mattered... truly breaks my heart.
Making that statement on an anonymous forum, I would question the recollection of the event. Making that statement on a personal social media page holds a little more weight. So which is it, truth or fabrication? I am a parent of a player who lost big to them as well. They did not act like that at our game.

Of course we didn’t act that way at your game or anyone else’s. No parent would ever laugh at or talk bad another team or any player at a game. One of the women standing behind the woman that posted this on FB was the Head of SPSG. Do you really think that people would be talking trash about st Mary’s and their players in front of the Head of School? And if they were do you think the head of school would just stand there and do nothing? This whole thing is BS.

Anyone who talks in absolutes like “no one said” or “ no parent would ever” is obviously full of BS because you can’t possibly hear every interaction at a game. The “we aren’t Catholic” comment is enough to let me know the mindset of the person who said it.

I’ve been to enough sports to know there are typically a few special A holes in every group of parents.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329462 05/10/21 08:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the game. The woman who initiated the conversation not only embellished, but what she didn’t hear, she filled in the blank. She was also standing on the St Paul’s “Home Team” side of the stands, and irresponsibly and perhaps willingly ignored the “Visitors” side. No SPSG said anything disparaging to the St Mary’s players, rather, a St Mary’s parent screamed at one of the SPSG players. Her feelings were hurt because of the score, and she felt that the SPSG parents should not have questioned officiating calls. That’s it! Shame on her. She acted like a spoiled child and fabricated the incident. If she had stayed on the Visitors side, she wouldn’t have heard anything.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
Anonymous #329465 05/10/21 08:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one said, “we aren’t Catholic “. You are a fool and obviously, you were not at the game! Stop with the fabrications. I was there and the reply was, “ we are not a Catholic school, we are a Christian school”.

Last edited by JesLax1; 05/10/21 08:30 AM.
Like Reply Quote
Page 74 of 96 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 95 96
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4