BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who does "Nationals" over UA is out of their mind! Nationals is a low level tournament. UA is a chance to be recognized individually at an elite level. No brainer!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only problem is, if you do UA over “Nationals” and blow your team off .... then you may not have a team next year to play on because you get cut ? Then what? You may also get benched at this years summer tournaments that are also important for recruiting!? Especially, if on a decent team now!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can think that. Reality is Nationals mean nothing when it’s YJ and 7 other teams from non hotbeds and no recruiting. Go getcha a nice shirt now !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s Not about “Nationals” bud! It’s about if you don’t show up for your team event for an individual achievement! But, that’s about character, which I’m questioning if you have!? I’m sure colleges are looking to recruit “team players” first and foremost! And, they may just ask your club coach about your daughters personal character? Selfish players are not highly being sought for recruitment!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You can think that. Reality is Nationals mean nothing when it’s YJ and 7 other teams from non hotbeds and no recruiting. Go getcha a nice shirt now !

You must be from one of those teams in a “hotbed area”!? Maryland perhaps? Throw a little chicken in the water and the crabs come a biting! Why on the LI thread? I mean ... I’m sure you are not that interested in mediocre Lacrosse teams discussions?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s Not about “Nationals” bud! It’s about if you don’t show up for your team event for an individual achievement! But, that’s about character, which I’m questioning if you have!? I’m sure colleges are looking to recruit “team players” first and foremost! And, they may just ask your club coach about your daughters personal character? Selfish players are not highly being sought for recruitment!

Colleges are looking for girls who can score/assist goals and play defense. They want to win games, bottom line. Anyone can be a benchwarmer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colleges are looking for girls who can score/assist goals and play defense. They want to win games, bottom line. Anyone can be a benchwarmer.

Just a heads up..You guys have a better chance of seeing Bernie Maddoff than a college coach on the sideline of a 24 game this summer. Love the newbies!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, the UA event organizer who was told almost immediately about the conflict that affects 100+ LI girls at the 24/25 age group, should have changed the tryout date way back when!! If they really care about the girls and having the best talent represent LI ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tryout date is probably intentional so the Yellow Jacket “A” players can not tryout! Like one poster stated, seems like UA and AS having a “pissing match”! Even putting event dates on the same weekends! Can these organizations get over themselves and do what is best for the girls!?

With all that said, the Long Island UA tryouts last year were a complete joke.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the parents this affects, should reach out to the UA event organizer to complain about tryout date? Who is the event organizer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the parents this affects, should reach out to the UA event organizer to complain about tryout date? Who is the event organizer?

You should complete to AS not UA... UA has been around longer they get priority over these new tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was told they are moving the tryout dates to the following week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you complain Karen? Life is about priorities. Stop acting like a victim and do what you decide is best after weighing the pros and cons. Don’t worry about how your choice affects anyone else. Nobody will miss your daughter if she’s not there...everyone is replaceable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you complain Karen? Life is about priorities. Stop acting like a victim and do what you decide is best after weighing the pros and cons. Don’t worry about how your choice affects anyone else. Nobody will miss your daughter if she’s not there...everyone is replaceable.

Shut the heck up Ken! It’s not about them missing my daughter ....but my daughter missing her team when she gets cut for being a selfish brat!! Probably like your little Susie is!! Hope your daughter not on my daughters team! If so, hope she goes to UA over team event and gets cut!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You probably like it the way it is, so your little Susie has a chance making UA this year .... feathers getting ruffled a bit when talk of try out date change ... hmmm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should complete to AS not UA... UA has been around longer they get priority over these new tryouts

The UA tryouts are same day as US Nationals (not AS). They definitely can’t change Nationals. The AS thing is the two events clashing dates. But, then that’s a choice the kid/family needs to make if they make any of them????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this would be great. I hope they do this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s good there is going to be two high quality events! And, the events themselves being on the same dates will give more LI girls opportunity to make one of the teams? Let’s hope they are both equally as good for the girls?.

Good luck to all the LI girls! Just go kick some Maryland butt! smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even if they change the tryout date for UA, if it’s anything like last years tryouts? The tryouts were so bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel like I’m watching an episode of Real Housewives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t matter, because you still have Elevate and Jesters coach’s running the show! If they “pick” crappy teams? Just going to hurt the credibility of girls LI Lacrosse. LI will get killed by MD, CT, NJ, PA teams. Probably get beat by upstate as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t matter, because you still have Elevate and Jesters coach’s running the show! If they “pick” crappy teams? Just going to hurt the credibility of girls LI Lacrosse. LI will get killed by MD, CT, NJ, PA teams. Probably get beat by upstate as well.

We will see, I guess. Lots of good girls were on the team last year, top girls will be on this years too. AS will catch a lot of kids who might not make UA, on age teams will help many play who otherwise wouldnt make UA. Overall good experience for LI girls so stop hating on UA coaches bc thats old news no one cares anymore. Best of luck to all the LI girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will see, I guess. Lots of good girls were on the team last year, top girls will be on this years too. AS will catch a lot of kids who might not make UA, on age teams will help many play who otherwise wouldnt make UA. Overall good experience for LI girls so stop hating on UA coaches bc thats old news no one cares anymore. Best of luck to all the LI girls

As long as the girls have opportunities all of this is just noise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the opportunities are awesome for the LI girls. I think the point that was trying to be made regarding UA tryouts is, that UA is supposed to represent the best of the region!?

The tryouts were a joke last year and not looking to be any different this year?? Starting with keeping a try out date most of the top 24/25 talent will not be able to attend! Also, coaching from two “B” rated clubs. How will LI be best represented at UA then? AS will get the top talent in that age group! It will be a Better representation of LI talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as the girls have opportunities all of this is just noise

It’s not noise. UA supposed to be a prestigious event? and ....it’s getting dumbed down on LI. LI supposed to be a top area for girls lacrosse. They need to do a better job with the tryouts ... period! Anyone who was there last year, knows that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the opportunities are awesome for the LI girls. I think the point that was trying to be made regarding UA tryouts is, that UA is supposed to represent the best of the region!?

The tryouts were a joke last year and not looking to be any different this year?? Starting with keeping a try out date most of the top 24/25 talent will not be able to attend! Also, coaching from two “B” rated clubs. How will LI be best represented at UA then? AS will get the top talent in that age group! It will be a Better representation of LI talent.

If you don’t like how the UA event is run, then have your daughter try out for AS already. It’s good the players have choices. Good luck to all the LI players this year. Just be glad they are getting back out there and getting to play this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh stop already. Enough with the sour grapes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
42 pages of parents crying. This is fun!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2024 teams are people happy with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2024 teams are people happy with?

The ones where there daughter plays and feels valued. You will know. The teams some are happy with, others are not. Main problem is when you lobby to get your daughter onto a top team, but she really doesn't belong there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're trying out for laxon you might as well kiss your recruiting chances goodbye. Joining a highschool aged team that's never existed in their program is self sabotage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you're trying out for laxon you might as well kiss your recruiting chances goodbye. Joining a highschool aged team that's never existed in their program is self sabotage.

You may be correct but ironically they have some girls committed in the 2022 age group. Would those girls have gotten any help in recruiting with their prior clubs? Seems like a bunch of 2022's from all the clubs still are not committed. I only ask because you keep harping on the recruiting aspect of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments are 24 teams attending this summer ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like Tilts is training a good chunk of the Islands 24’ group. I was on a sideline of my kids high school game yesterday and a group of moms were talking about her next clinic. Is there a reason this class gravitated towards her ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like Tilts is training a good chunk of the Islands 24’ group. I was on a sideline of my kids high school game yesterday and a group of moms were talking about her next clinic. Is there a reason this class gravitated towards her ?

She has a 2024 team and they bring their friends, word or mouth travels, more 2024s go to her. They like her, they come back. Why are you concerned by where other kids train? Maybe stop ease dropping on sidelines

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She has some younger girls training with her, but her clinics fill up fast and those who have been training with her are given priority to future clinics. They happen to be 2024s and jump on it.

All I know is that she has inspired and motivated my daughter unlike anybody else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She has some younger girls training with her, but her clinics fill up fast and those who have been training with her are given priority to future clinics. They happen to be 2024s and jump on it.

All I know is that she has inspired and motivated my daughter unlike anybody else.

I would agree with all of these. We’ve been with her for a few months now. Players who she’s worked with before get priority, after every clinic she emails videos she takes of the kids, and she sends us voice overs with drawings and slow motions of each drill so my daughter can keep doing it at home.

Not once has she ever pressured us to move teams, bad mouthed our team, or put her 2024 team who trains with her privately ahead of my daughter. If anything, I feel like she gives my daughter more attention than her own players sometimes.
She really lit a fire in my kid and every parent I’ve spoken to about her says the same thing. She raised my daughters self confidence in a way that isn’t telling her she’s the best player out there, but that she should expect the most from herself and that wherever she ends up as she leaves is better than it was when she walked onto the field. Anyone who speaks poorly about this young woman is delusional. I have never met such an incredible coach and mentor. I almost regret writing this because I don’t want to have to compete for spots when she has clinics and training sessions but that is selfish and I think that everyone’s child deserves Sam as a role model

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How young is young? Does it impact others at the sessions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree with all of these. We’ve been with her for a few months now. Players who she’s worked with before get priority, after every clinic she emails videos she takes of the kids, and she sends us voice overs with drawings and slow motions of each drill so my daughter can keep doing it at home.

Not once has she ever pressured us to move teams, bad mouthed our team, or put her 2024 team who trains with her privately ahead of my daughter. If anything, I feel like she gives my daughter more attention than her own players sometimes.
She really lit a fire in my kid and every parent I’ve spoken to about her says the same thing. She raised my daughters self confidence in a way that isn’t telling her she’s the best player out there, but that she should expect the most from herself and that wherever she ends up as she leaves is better than it was when she walked onto the field. Anyone who speaks poorly about this young woman is delusional. I have never met such an incredible coach and mentor. I almost regret writing this because I don’t want to have to compete for spots when she has clinics and training sessions but that is selfish and I think that everyone’s child deserves Sam as a role model

How do I get a spot if I haven’t trained with her before? It seems like it’s impossible

Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard