BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 58 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can Stars light blue hold onto 3rd spot in the blue division? Big games this weekend for Stars. Big game Stars vs M&D red feels like elimination game for playoffs.
Doubtful. I don't see M&D Red losing to Stars.

This aged real well.....

I'll own it...I still think HoCo takes the 3rd playoff spot. Scheduling worked out well too. Looks like they will be playing for that last playoff spot the last game of the regular season. Should be a good game.

Yes, should be a good game for sure. I see Stars taking it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does the roster come out for the AU futures 2025 team come out? Curious who made the team. Heard the whole M&D girls team was there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does the roster come out for the AU futures 2025 team come out? Curious who made the team. Heard the whole M&D girls team was there
What is AU?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi, My daughter is fairly new to lacrosse (she has about 1 year under her belt), she is interested in joining a club team. We live in Northern Virginia. Are there any recommendations for clubs that could be a good fit for a newer player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi, My daughter is fairly new to lacrosse (she has about 1 year under her belt), she is interested in joining a club team. We live in Northern Virginia. Are there any recommendations for clubs that could be a good fit for a newer player?
Pride is a decent club. Their Red team is one of the better 25 teams around. I know they have a white team, and also a Loudon team as well. You may also want to look into Stars.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 2 NVA programs at the top level per say, Pride and Stars. They both have A and B teams, but depending the year, those B teams are still pretty talented/skilled etc. If your desire is to play at the top levels, these are the 2 programs to look into and decide. A few levels down from those 2 are programs from Cardinal, VA Metro and 3d, which are still competitive etc. For HS (assuming this is for 2025), Pride and Capital are the 2 programs as Stars ends at 8th grade. Good luck in your search.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is AU?
What is AU?
Athletes Unlimited, basically it’s the Pro women’s lax is hosting a camp/summit in mid July in Boyd’s, MD. 2025s are still having tryouts depending on region, MD was earlier in April.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what if they were? This is an opportunity to play more lax. Why wouldn’t all the best try it out and see what It’s all about.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So what if they were? This is an opportunity to play more lax. Why wouldn’t all the best try it out and see what It’s all about.
Word.

#standfortheanthem
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can Stars light blue hold onto 3rd spot in the blue division? Big games this weekend for Stars. Big game Stars vs M&D red feels like elimination game for playoffs.

This aged real well.....

I'll own it...I still think HoCo takes the 3rd playoff spot. Scheduling worked out well too. Looks like they will be playing for that last playoff spot the last game of the regular season. Should be a good game.

I think HoCo is winning in spite of their coaching. Rumint has a lot of people frustrated with HC for HoCo 25. Watching games on phone while at practice, doing 45 min repetitive drills, not subbing well, not focusing on all parts of the game, just not being what is expected for a high level team. Too bad from what I am hearing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This aged real well.....

Yes, should be a good game for sure. I see Stars taking it.

Yeah, I see it likely that way too. Watching HoCo play lately, not well coached, but has athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This aged real well.....

I think HoCo is winning in spite of their coaching. Rumint has a lot of people frustrated with HC for HoCo 25. Watching games on phone while at practice, doing 45 min repetitive drills, not subbing well, not focusing on all parts of the game, just not being what is expected for a high level team. Too bad from what I am hearing.

Hoco is not a high level club or team! They are cost effective for kids in the area but not at the top with the passionate lax players. Solid but not spectacular at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This aged real well.....

Hoco is not a high level club or team! They are cost effective for kids in the area but not at the top with the passionate lax players. Solid but not spectacular at best.

Hearing some of the same as DD is on a younger team; it is a shame because there are some girls on that roster that could really be studs if nurtured properly.

They have quite the large roster after they took in the 4 from Rebels last minute at the end of August. Even the best coaches struggle with subbing when the roster is large in a club atmosphere. I've heard some rumbles about playing time since the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, they have a large roster, and many great athletes, but don’t seem to play with a team strategy when I have seen them. Not sure if that is coaching or what.

To add what others wrote above, did hear that substitutions are ‘an issue’ with HC, but not the main issue.

From what I hear, the training level isn’t and people know are not happy about it and HC doesn’t talk to parents (right or wrong; I get it).

HC played at a high level but may need some additional coaching experience. Either that or goes back to the post about it not being a premier level club like OP said above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, they have a large roster, and many great athletes, but don’t seem to play with a team strategy when I have seen them. Not sure if that is coaching or what.

To add what others wrote above, did hear that substitutions are ‘an issue’ with HC, but not the main issue.

From what I hear, the training level isn’t and people know are not happy about it and HC doesn’t talk to parents (right or wrong; I get it).

HC played at a high level but may need some additional coaching experience. Either that or goes back to the post about it not being a premier level club like OP said above.
Just because a HC played at a high-level doesn’t mean it makes them a good coach. Opposite, usually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being a high level player does not always mean you can coach. Unfortunately, too many people see the *name* of a coach and focus too much on their accomplishments as a player and think they can coach as well. Not always true...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HC played at a high level but may need some additional coaching experience. Either that or goes back to the post about it not being a premier level club like OP said above.[/quote]
Just because a HC played at a high-level doesn’t mean it makes them a good coach. Opposite, usually.[/quote]

100% agree having seen her work. HC should have been an assistant or something for a few years IMO. Then maybe she could understand what are important skills and drills for this age group. Maybe has knowledge to share based on experience. Maybe other coaches could step up. But work on weak hand at least once, teach players team defense concepts, much more. Don't bring weak coaching so that any well coached team beats on you routinely. It's sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being a high level player does not always mean you can coach. Unfortunately, too many people see the *name* of a coach and focus too much on their accomplishments as a player and think they can coach as well. Not always true...

Yeah, looks like the case here with HoCo 25 coach...underwhelming as coach. Hope for the players' sakes there is some correction. Or assuming there will be an exodus of the more talented players and the rest spiral down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nonsense talk about Hoco. They are a top 10 team for sure in the area. Knocking on the door to be a top 5 team. Team is improving. Maybe other teams looking to poach a few players sowing the seeds of discontent. Area is better with more strong teams not less. Playing time will always be a problem with 25 players. Which coach at the 25 level in the area is great? None seem jaw dropping awesome that I have seen. I think they play pretty well as a team, probably a credit to the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nonsense talk about Hoco. They are a top 10 team for sure in the area. Knocking on the door to be a top 5 team. Team is improving. Maybe other teams looking to poach a few players sowing the seeds of discontent. Area is better with more strong teams not less. Playing time will always be a problem with 25 players. Which coach at the 25 level in the area is great? None seem jaw dropping awesome that I have seen. I think they play pretty well as a team, probably a credit to the coach.

M&D black and Hero’s green have pretty good coaches - which are teams HoCo has lost some studs to over the last few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their biggest stud went to Skywalker's.....They have five girls on HOCO from Hero's White team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their biggest stud went to Skywalker's.....They have five girls on HOCO from Hero's White team.

More kids will go to top level A teams if they can play. Hoco club isn’t a top level team at many age groups. They are solid know but 25s will leave. Don’t cry about poaching. The parents choose where they wanna go. If you provide a great product they won’t leave. The 25 coach works for the director and 24 coach. 24 has fallen off and look for a big exodus this summer as recruiting hits and mom and daughter and playing fh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Respectfully disagree. I know the team. What some folks are saying is accurate.

HC wouldn’t be first choice.

She is defensive coach that doesn’t coach team defense. Encourage useless twizzlers vs actual use of left hand.
No team offensive scheme.
22 field players normally, 21 today, yet can’t run a coherent sub plan.
Can’t or won’t coach the draw.
Can’t or won’t coach redefend.
Kids are afraid to talk to her and parents worry about retribution.

I would say they could be top 10 with a coaching change, either new coach or current HC learning to coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D black and Hero’s green have pretty good coaches - which are teams HoCo has lost some studs to over the last few years.

I would agree. I see many well coached teams.

When parents see the same issues week in and out, they want to see improvement. It is our job as parents to find the best coaches and let them coach. HoCo HC is not coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who wins in theses matchups:
1. Pride vs Hero's (My opinion is Hero's)
2. SW vs M&D (My opinion is M&D)

What is your prediction for final's winner? I have to go with Hero's. Nothing against Hero's, but would be nice to see a new champion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your prediction for final's winner? I have to go with Hero's. Nothing against Hero's, but would be nice to see a new champion.
The "final four" should be some good games. I think any of the four can beat the other at a given time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 teams in the playoffs. Chalk would be M&D and Heros. I think SW pulls off a win against either Heros or MnD not sure of timing. Looks like Nems has clinched the Red 3rd seed because they have tie breaker vs MD united. RED 1 and 2 still tbd May 9th SW vs MnD. Top seed bye into Semi's. Heros and Pride have clinched 1 and 2 seeds tbd May 9th. 3rd seed up for grabs. Stars controls their own destiny, heros and HoCo left. If Stars wins the Hoco game they are in as they would have tie break vs all potential 5-3 teams- MnD red or LBC. Hoco needs to beat stars and hope LBC loses or ties one of their last three, 3d Fred- MnD red or MC elite. LBC has to run the table and hope Stars loses or ties their last 2. MnD Red needs to win both and hope Stars loses to heros green and ties Hoco. So what is most likely? Stars beats Hoco 55% chance I think? LBC runs the table? I think they should be favored in all three games left and Hoco beats Stars(15% chance). Did they beat 3d Frederick on Sunday? Hoco beats stars and LBC loses or ties one of their remaining games 29% chance. MnD red wins out and stars and HOCo tie 1% chance. Lets say chalk wins out it is Hero, pride and Stars and MnD, SW and NEMS. 1st round would be Pride vs NEMS winner plays MnD and SW vs Stars winner plays Heros. 3rd seed Blue division quite tricky. Big win LBC vs Hoco this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros vs Skywalkers in finals. Skywalkers pulls out the win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Ann!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubtful. Coaching edge to all the other team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seeing on this forum and some of the other age groups some dissatisfaction with coaching.

Has anyone been successful in either coming up with a new strategy for coaches or for replacing coaches with others?

What’s been the most effective method to get things going on the right track?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree, but that’s what’s great about America. I believe coaching is why SW will pull out the win. Parent coaches tend to rely on their kids during the playoffs, and not the team. It will be interesting to see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again it is a 6 team playoff. I think Nems can beat Pride if they are the 2 seed. I think Stars/ Hoco/ LBC would have a tough time vs lost of SW and MnD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again it is a 6 team playoff. I think Nems can beat Pride if they are the 2 seed. I think Stars/ Hoco/ LBC would have a tough time vs lost of SW and MnD.

Don't see Pride losing the 2/3 game. And again, tough outs for all four finalists if it goes chalk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS should not be playing the 8 pm game the night before the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So is this the excuse for when they lose to Hero's or Pride?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
May be they can have the game moved like other teams have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, the last games on Sat night the 15th will be both 3rd seeds in the tourney which is the next morning at 8 and 9AM. Games P57 and P70 could be switched to provide some relief to NEMS, Stars, and HOCO. Stars maybe most affected with travel, if they win they have a 8AM start the next day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why ? Play the games and schedule in front of you. Kids can handle it. Stop thinking about excuses for when u lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree, but that’s what’s great about America. I believe coaching is why SW will pull out the win. Parent coaches tend to rely on their kids during the playoffs, and not the team. It will be interesting to see.

Give it a rest Anne!

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 58 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard