BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 251 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Never said cheating. Parents from hawks teams putting other kids down and lying about ages. That's wrong.

Nobody knows what you're talking about.

Agreed, very vague and some advice. In order of comfort/effectiveness, talk to the parent, talk to the coach, talk to the director, have your coach/director reach out, keep opinions to yourself and move on, stir the pot and troll on an anonymous forum.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have some summer bday players, who are all in 5th grade, legit 2028’s and have been since they started school in kindergarten. They aren’t cheating, Hawks organization wouldn’t allow it. Hawks are known for many things, but cheating isn’t one of them - that reputation belongs to other clubs.

Call it a summer birthday but anything before September 1 is a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks have some summer bday players, who are all in 5th grade, legit 2028’s and have been since they started school in kindergarten. They aren’t cheating, Hawks organization wouldn’t allow it. Hawks are known for many things, but cheating isn’t one of them - that reputation belongs to other clubs.

No. It's a 5th grader who is a month or two older. A holdback is someone who is held back for a second go around in the same grade. That normally happens in middle school.

My kid has an April birthday. Should I be a hammerhead about kids born in September? That's a much larger gap than a kid born, under your definition, August 31.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Hawks holdbacks were... lesser players.... nobody would be complaining. In this case, they appear to be Team Changing.” Like, took a team from B level obscurity to being one of the best around. Who cares- be happy we have better competition to play against.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rosters are set, play ball.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters are set...find a way to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anything before 9-1 is a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. It's a 5th grader who is a month or two older. A holdback is someone who is held back for a second go around in the same grade. That normally happens in middle school.

My kid has an April birthday. Should I be a hammerhead about kids born in September? That's a much larger gap than a kid born, under your definition, August 31.

holdback. The other thing you mention is a reclass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree all the Hawks talk is dense. It’s not like they are some unbeatable team. My sons team beat them in the fall and the game this spring was close with his team missing some key players and generally not playing its best so far this spring. Hawks were better that day, but it looked like the same team from the fall. They have a really good goalie and a couple good attackman and a solid group overall. Whining about holdbacks is a waste of time.

Lots of good teams in this group and I imagine things will swing back in forth over time. NL in my opinion looked best of the bunch in the fall. Now Hawks and Madlax have had the best results so far this spring. FCA or True or Crabs could gain a key player or two or just get better and be on top next fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree all the Hawks talk is dense. It’s not like they are some unbeatable team. My sons team beat them in the fall and the game this spring was close with his team missing some key players and generally not playing its best so far this spring. Hawks were better that day, but it looked like the same team from the fall. They have a really good goalie and a couple good attackman and a solid group overall. Whining about holdbacks is a waste of time.

Lots of good teams in this group and I imagine things will swing back in forth over time. NL in my opinion looked best of the bunch in the fall. Now Hawks and Madlax have had the best results so far this spring. FCA or True or Crabs could gain a key player or two or just get better and be on top next fall.

Thanks next level dad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

holdback. The other thing you mention is a reclass.

Did HoCo change to an age based league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true, one held back this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a reliable source 😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was planning to hold back. Ended up deciding to stay in 27 and reclass later. So currently a 27.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So. Much. Crying.

Just play.....and stop whining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hilarious.. holdback/pre first/reclass ,,,call it what you want. It is all the same. You are playing down. holdbacks/prefirst/reclass are getting an advantage that 95% of the players dont get.

Prefirst are the some of the best apologists, I am not a holdback,,I am not a holdback. You may not technically be called a holdback, but you are the exact same thing. LOL

Frankly the rule should be , anyone who wants, can play down a year irregardless of what grade you are in. Real simple and eliminates the advantage that goes mainly to private school players in MD. Never happen as it levels playing field and exposes the lacrosse world for letting select players get an advantage others dont.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was planning to hold back. Ended up deciding to stay in 27 and reclass later. So currently a 27.

That would be the fourth. One of the 3 held back this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
irregardless....maybe your parents should have held you back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NY crowd/kids/parents love to troll the rest of the country on this topic. They are so upset they've lost their perch on the lacrosse throne.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not irrigardless. It's regardless. Someone should have definitely held you back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"irregardless" - this word does not exist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have zero idea what you are talking about Fake Hawks dad. Even if you were a Hawks parent, it would be super creepy to be in here running your mouth about your own team. And if you are not, which we are sure of, you’re talking out of school. What a lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not irrigardless. It's regardless. Someone should have definitely held you back.

Sorry, Might want to think about " Hitting The Books ". LOL

Merriam-Webster defines irregardless as "nonstandard" but meaning the same as "regardless." "Many people find irregardless to be a nonsensical word, as the ir- prefix usually functions to indicates negation; however, in this case it appears to function as an intensifier," the dictionary writes

Merriam-Webster Has Officially Recognized 'irregardless' As A Word.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary (OED), irregardless was first acknowledged in 1912 by the Wentworth American Dialect Dictionary as originating from western Indiana, though the word was in use in South Carolina before Indiana became a territory.

And its an official scrabble word !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse should be aged based until high school. But since many kids aren’t good enough to be “elite” - parents want to have them play younger kids to say they are “elite.”

It’s immensely annoying.

But hey club national rankings for 2028 come out soon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse should be aged based until high school. But since many kids aren’t good enough to be “elite” - parents want to have them play younger kids to say they are “elite.”

It’s immensely annoying.

Plenty of primary age based sports. See ya.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s immensely annoying.

It’s immensely annoying.

Keep on telling your little fella he isn’t good enough to roll with big dogs his age..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s immensely annoying.

It’s immensely annoying.

Keep on telling your little fella he isn’t good enough to roll with big dogs his age..

Ny Troll, I'll just keep telling my big fella to keep rolling your kid but he's probably deep on the bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Madlax vs NL game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the Madlax vs NL game?

I thought the final score was 7 Madlax - 2 NL.

But the HOCO website has it 6-2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if it really matters, but I had 7-2 as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s immensely annoying.

It’s immensely annoying.

Ny Troll, I'll just keep telling my big fella to keep rolling your kid but he's probably deep on the bench.

Lol this is the epitome of excuse making for kids who aren’t good enough. My kid is on age and is on a team in HoCo with plenty of holdbacks. The excuses the parents make are mind blowing.

I’ll just say the kids know the difference and are not impressed by the 15 month older kids. Again tell your 13 year old 2028 kid to just get better and try harder.

It’s the culture of entitled mediocrity that makes this acceptable around here.

But call it what you want

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the holdback issue actually all that bad at 2028 at this point? My sons team is in elite and I believe all but 2 would be on age for WSYL purposes and the two that wouldn’t are summer birthdays who have always played 2028. The reclass is usually later right? I know it’s bad for 2025 and 2026 but just curious if people know from their own team rather than just guessing is it a lot worse than a couple of summer birthdays. My son is a spring birthday on age so holdbacks annoy me too. I just wasn’t sure if it was widespread in 2028 yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the holdback issue actually all that bad at 2028 at this point? My sons team is in elite and I believe all but 2 would be on age for WSYL purposes and the two that wouldn’t are summer birthdays who have always played 2028. The reclass is usually later right? I know it’s bad for 2025 and 2026 but just curious if people know from their own team rather than just guessing is it a lot worse than a couple of summer birthdays. My son is a spring birthday on age so holdbacks annoy me too. I just wasn’t sure if it was widespread in 2028 yet.

Many of the private schools have a pre-first and those parents are usually pushing high level sports so it's common. I have seen several players that are holdbacks where it makes little diff. They also can end up being worse being held back early since they only need to work as hard as that age level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level v True
Hawks v FCA
Madlax v BLC

Who ya got???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL
Hawks
ML

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough....it's a grade-based league and by and large a grade-based system. If you don't like it, move to NY and play rec for your town team in the spring and then join a travel team in the summer and complain about all of the holdback teams in Baltimore and DC. Or have your kid play soccer, that's age-based. Either way, I don't care. I'm just sick of hearing you whine about the so-called 13 year old kids beating up on your 11 year old. I'm pretty sure if that's actually the case (and it's pretty rare), the parents didn't have lacrosse in mind when they decided to send their kid to pre-k.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has Team MD only played 3 games? Is the HoCo website incorrect or did something happen?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough....it's a grade-based league and by and large a grade-based system. If you don't like it, move to NY and play rec for your town team in the spring and then join a travel team in the summer and complain about all of the holdback teams in Baltimore and DC. Or have your kid play soccer, that's age-based. Either way, I don't care. I'm just sick of hearing you whine about the so-called 13 year old kids beating up on your 11 year old. I'm pretty sure if that's actually the case (and it's pretty rare), the parents didn't have lacrosse in mind when they decided to send their kid to pre-k.

Thank you for entering the WSYL tournament. Leveling the playing field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ironically all town leagues in NY are grade based. That's where it started

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters are set....play ball. Not sure why so many of you care. If there are holdbacks, great for those families. Rise to the competition.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 251 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 250 251
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard