BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 114 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 113 114
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You asked for the examples. Don’t get your feelings hurt for being a student of the game and providing facts. Coaching is not easy. However a good coach not only evaluates players but themselves too. Coaches are not Gods. They make mistakes. Players play the game and the coach is the conductor. Equally talented teams, and I would say GCS and
SPSG are equally talented, then it comes down to coaching. If the score would have been closer, then no comments would have been made. Yet, the game got away and coach did not adjust. Therefore, out-coached for the examples previously provided.

my god you're a fool if you think GCS and SPSG are equally talented. They are not just based on the depth of each team. GCS has very little depth at attack or defense and only 5-6 middies because they have a very small roster. SPSG has more talent on the bench than GCS which makes them more talented overall.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You asked for the examples. Don’t get your feelings hurt for being a student of the game and providing facts. Coaching is not easy. However a good coach not only evaluates players but themselves too. Coaches are not Gods. They make mistakes. Players play the game and the coach is the conductor. Equally talented teams, and I would say GCS and
SPSG are equally talented, then it comes down to coaching. If the score would have been closer, then no comments would have been made. Yet, the game got away and coach did not adjust. Therefore, out-coached for the examples previously provided.

my god you're a fool if you think GCS and SPSG are equally talented. They are not just based on the depth of each team. GCS has very little depth at attack or defense and only 5-6 middies because they have a very small roster. SPSG has more talent on the bench than GCS which makes them more talented overall.
Calm down^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? And just because the roster is bigger doesn't mean SPSG plays any more players than GCS does until the game got out of hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calm down^
am calm, just calling out your invalid analysis

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone settle down. There is 1 SPSG parent who has a gripe with GCS coaches. Its not difficult to figure out who it is. They still aren't over that their daughter was put on JV last year. Talk about thin skinned.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical. When GCS get called out try to have it both ways. They are so good, broke out stats from 2017 forward indicating they are better than SPSG. Now saying they don’t have a deep bench because it’s a small school or players were injured. Or SPSG has mostly seniors or MG has her entire club team there. = Excuses.

Heros has a pipeline to GCS and has very talented squad. No question that it is an INDIVIDUAL talented team. Coach needs to harness that talent.

BR failed to adjust and coach. Nobody said he is a bad coach or the team is bad. In that game, BR was out-coached. It happens, even in professional sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Typical. When GCS get called out try to have it both ways. They are so good, broke out stats from 2017 forward indicating they are better than SPSG. Now saying they don’t have a deep bench because it’s a small school or players were injured. Or SPSG has mostly seniors or MG has her entire club team there. = Excuses.

Heros has a pipeline to GCS and has very talented squad. No question that it is an INDIVIDUAL talented team. Coach needs to harness that talent.

BR failed to adjust and coach. Nobody said he is a bad coach or the team is bad. In that game, BR was out-coached. It happens, even in professional sports.[/quote
SPSG parents are the new McD parents, extremely obnoxious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did MG out coach TC today or did SPSG just have better talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG over McD 16-9. Was 11-1 at half

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win by SPSG. TC completely out coached. Didn’t have her team ready to play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great win by SPSG. TC completely out coached. Didn’t have her team ready to play.

Nonsense. SPSG has 8 or 9 girls that can score and a great defense. Everything goes through 1 girl for McD. And she's great. But she can't score 15 goals on her own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Typical. When GCS get called out try to have it both ways. They are so good, broke out stats from 2017 forward indicating they are better than SPSG. Now saying they don’t have a deep bench because it’s a small school or players were injured. Or SPSG has mostly seniors or MG has her entire club team there. = Excuses.

BR failed to adjust and coach. Nobody said he is a bad coach or the team is bad. In that game, BR was out-coached. It happens, even in professional sports.[/quote
SPSG parents are the new McD parents, extremely obnoxious

McD hadn't lost a league game since 2008 until today. SPSG still has over a decade of being obnoxious to come anywhere close to McD parents. Even their own boys team was banned from watching today because they were booing the girls team in the Stone Ridge game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense. SPSG has 8 or 9 girls that can score and a great defense. Everything goes through 1 girl for McD. And she's great. But she can't score 15 goals on her own.
But isn't that the "norm"? It all runs through her? I'm sure plenty of girls on that team can score, but question is are they given the opportunity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How pathetic that the Baltimore Sun posts pics of the games - and they are all about McDonogh "barreling through St Pauls player", "knocking the ball out of St Pauls stick" "getting to the ball first" "races past St pauls player". Wow, can't give credit where credit is due.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This shift in power has been in the works for several years. M&D, SW and Heros 2021 teams were all very good nationally and dominated the club tournaments for years. TLC's 21 team was also very good for years but suffered multiple defections. However, several very good players remained on TLC (girls going to JHU, Denver, OSU, Vandy...).

GCS has the Heros 21s. NDP has several SW 21s and nearly all of the TLC 21s (the very good goalie is at RPCS). SPS has several of the SW 21's and several of the M&D 21s. Those M&D 21s not being at McD is the difference between those two teams this year. It sounds like the younger M&D Black players are all at McD so this aberration is likely temporary.

SPS and NDP have the best concentration of seniors in the IAAM and that is why those two teams will likely meet in the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that the Junior?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One loss and chirp chirp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can you watch this game? Will it be on YouTube?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach is wasting really great talent on her team by relying on one player. TC is one of the best players to ever play the game, but she should not be coaching. No one should be surprised SPSG won this game. They play outstanding team ball, they are fast and focused. Hats off to them. It’s their year and it is deserved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coach is wasting really great talent on her team by relying on one player. TC is one of the best players to ever play the game, but she should not be coaching. No one should be surprised SPSG won this game. They play outstanding team ball, they are fast and focused. Hats off to them. It’s their year and it is deserved.
"team" is the key word here!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But isn't that the "norm"? It all runs through her? I'm sure plenty of girls on that team can score, but question is are they given the opportunity?
It is has been the norm since 6th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^That is accurate representation. Finally a person with some lax sense and not an angry parent or coach.

Kudos to MCD for a long run of being undefeated. I feel for those young ladies that lost. And congratulations to SPSG for being the team to break the streak.

The NDP / SPSG will be a great game to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SPSG beats McD 16-9 and GCS 17-6. McD vs GCS should be a good game tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MCD will be hungry to get back on track after stunning loss to SPSG and should come out with a burning desire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting article in the Sun yesterday with quotes from Mac Ford that McD has lost their "aura of invincibility" and this loss will lead to more losses. Surprising coming from a coach of a team that has to play McD next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting article in the Sun yesterday with quotes from Mac Ford that McD has lost their "aura of invincibility" and this loss will lead to more losses. Surprising coming from a coach of a team that has to play McD next week.
The Sun also posted the article about SPSG beating MCD, but yet all pics were about praising the MCD team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the consensus for this year? Nike American Selects or Under Armour All American? Just trying to figure out which one my daughter should try out for? Thoughts??? I see the events are being held on the same weekend. So?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats the consensus for this year? Nike American Selects or Under Armour All American? Just trying to figure out which one my daughter should try out for? Thoughts??? I see the events are being held on the same weekend. So?
American Select is supposed to be less bias. Under Armour - they know who they are taking before tryouts begin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The college coach list is more impressive for American Select...not so much for Under Armour

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not surprising he said this at all. He is a confident coach who knows what he’s talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MCD will be hungry to get back on track after stunning loss to SPSG and should come out with a burning desire.
I wouldn't call it stunning. I think most people kind of expected McD to lose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s not surprising he said this at all. He is a confident coach who knows what he’s talking about.

Oh I'm not saying he's wrong. Just surprised he said it. Though there's certainly no love lost for TC among the other IAAM coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach at SPSG knows how to develop and so does NDP coach. In order to win every player has to feel a part of the team and every player has to be developed. Both those coaches get it. The real question is does MCD coach get that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coach at SPSG knows how to develop and so does NDP coach. In order to win every player has to feel a part of the team and every player has to be developed. Both those coaches get it. The real question is does MCD coach get that?
I don't believe so. I think it's obvious in the tweets during games on who runs the show. There are plenty of girls on that team, but you only consistently read about 3?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I'm not saying he's wrong. Just surprised he said it. Though there's certainly no love lost for TC among the other IAAM coaches.

I don't think its that there's not love for TC. I think it's that the coaches of IAMM schools are good coaches and their teams are good teams but all the shine goes to McDonough. It's annoying. And this year in particular the shine is not warranted. So I don't think it's aimed at anyone personally. It just gets old that no matter how good any others teams are it's always about McD. Hopefully this season will change that.

I know alot of IAMM parents from several different schools and none of them were surprised St Pauls won that game. Only McDonough supporters & parents were surprised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think its that there's not love for TC. I think it's that the coaches of IAMM schools are good coaches and their teams are good teams but all the shine goes to McDonough. It's annoying. And this year in particular the shine is not warranted. So I don't think it's aimed at anyone personally. It just gets old that no matter how good any others teams are it's always about McD. Hopefully this season will change that.

I know alot of IAMM parents from several different schools and none of them were surprised St Pauls won that game. Only McDonough supporters & parents were surprised.
They are something else those McD parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't be a hater smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS up 12-2 over McD. Of course McD's best player is out for the game so that helps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GCS up 12-2 over McD. Of course McD's best player is out for the game so that helps.
Interesting how when she’s out, their tweets come to a halt basically. Doesn’t look good in my opinion. Just goes to show who they expect/want to run the show-& when she doesn’t-crickets. Hmmmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when’s she out, their Twitter is silent basically. Just goes to show who they want to run their show. Will this be their reason for losing a second game? Looks like they need to coach the other girls on the team to play-not just one

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 114 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 113 114
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard