BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 323 of 327 1 2 321 322 323 324 325 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]My daughter did the American Select girls NJ tryout. STEPS is pushing it hard from what I hear. The level of talent was impressive. I think Under Armour is not going to have the best talent on the NJ team.

On Long Island CR is encouraging her club to try out at UA.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]My daughter did the American Select girls NJ tryout. STEPS is pushing it hard from what I hear. The level of talent was impressive. I think Under Armour is not going to have the best talent on the NJ team.

On Long Island CR is encouraging her club to try out at UA.

Steps is pushing because they are part of the tourney committee and each player fee is $600-$800 if you include tryout fee in their POCKET. best tourneys for them are the $$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Select teams - $125 tryout fee
$595 fee to be on team - good gear
Get this, no film included for $595!!

Under Armour - $125 tryout fee
- No charge to be on team - good gear
- Film is extra

All the major clubs are "helping" with coaches for American Select, money talks.
Under Armour coaches not nearly as strong as in the past.
Under Armour has run a great program on it's own dime, but the clubs are ruining it. I did see a team was comprimised during evaluations last year and the coach was removed. Nothing is perfect, but too much good comes from UA for it to be less of a factor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having a friend who has been a UA coach in the past, there are two things that happen that I suspect most people unless you're the benefactor, would not be okay with. First, the coaches, of course, pick their own players. The evaluation is not "independent" as UA claims. The coaches pick the teams for the most part. The second is the horse-trading - meaning coaches from different age groups talk and make deals. You take my 202X player on your team and I'll take your 202Y player on mine. These are facts, gained by knowing an actual former UA coach.

If, and this is a _BIG_ if, American Select avoids these same mistakes, and has actual independent evaluators, they will be a better showcase in the long term.

Personally, I think it was a mistake to have AS at the same time as UA this year. I think AS should have built up its reputation more because trying to directly compete with UA. Just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having a friend who has been a UA coach in the past, there are two things that happen that I suspect most people unless you're the benefactor, would not be okay with. First, the coaches, of course, pick their own players. The evaluation is not "independent" as UA claims. The coaches pick the teams for the most part. The second is the horse-trading - meaning coaches from different age groups talk and make deals. You take my 202X player on your team and I'll take your 202Y player on mine. These are facts, gained by knowing an actual former UA coach.

If, and this is a _BIG_ if, American Select avoids these same mistakes, and has actual independent evaluators, they will be a better showcase in the long term.

Personally, I think it was a mistake to have AS at the same time as UA this year. I think AS should have built up its reputation more because trying to directly compete with UA. Just my opinion.

Here we go again... (It's not all rigged and political) The below post represent facts by actually looking at the players who made the team and then looking at their college career. The large majority are current Seniors, 5th or have graduated so it gives a pretty accurate evaluation of the caliber of player they are / were.

The below post is "cut and paste" from an earlier post. The numbers represent two separate years 2014 and 2015, back then there was one team all graduation years played on the same team. There were complaints back then about the selection process but looking at these numbers the evaluators / coaches selected some very good players.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

*** "Some time on my hands so I did a little research... my apologies if I miss by a number here and there... : )

2014 and 2015 Under Armour Underclass Teams from Long Island:

- Total of 39 players were selected. (some played more than 1 year).

- 20 College Programs Represented. 13 -15 would be considered Top 20 Programs.

- 13 Division I All-Americans (so far, many still playing)

- at least 21 All-Conference (so far, many still playing)

- at least 17 Team Captains (so far, many still playing)

- 35 Starters / Players who play in every game.

- a few injured players I think Two career ending Injuries.

- 1 or 2 Reserve Players who have not seen much playing time.

Where did the players go to college?

5 - Stony Brook
4 - North Carolina
4 - Princeton
3 - Florida
3 - Syracuse
3 - Notre Dame
2 - Penn
2 - Penn State
2 - USC
2 - Georgetown
1 - BC, Northwestern, UVA, Maryland, Richmond, Duke, Columbia, Yale, Lehigh.

The bottom line is that the complaints about the tryouts come every single year. The reality is that over the years Under Armour has done an excellent job with the selection process. The vast majority of the players selected go on to prove themselves at many of the Top College Programs. At least for these two years it looks like all but two players are excelling or excelled (graduated) at many of the most competitive programs.

Kind of goes against the narrative that "UA is a joke and it's the friends and family network".

The biggest surprise that also "busts" a narrative is how many players went to Stony Brook. I read on this site constantly how JS does more with less than anyone and how he brings in no-name recruits etc... Well SBU brought in the most of any program... If they made the Under Armour Underclass they were most certainly known players." ***

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you believe the evaluations will be independent, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter did the American Select girls NJ tryout. STEPS is pushing it hard from what I hear. The level of talent was impressive. I think Under Armour is not going to have the best talent on the NJ team.
A lot of the coaches/clubs involved with the AS are pushing it! They want it to succeed, they want to give UA (which has become a joke) a run. Yes, the cost is outrageous (in my opinion), but if they are truthful with how they are marketing it in regards to evaluators - I hope they succeed! Listening to the constant "UA is the best", "only the best play for UA" is becoming commical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter did the American Select girls NJ tryout. STEPS is pushing it hard from what I hear. The level of talent was impressive. I think Under Armour is not going to have the best talent on the NJ team.
A lot of the coaches/clubs involved with the AS are pushing it! They want it to succeed, they want to give UA (which has become a joke) a run. Yes, the cost is outrageous (in my opinion), but if they are truthful with how they are marketing it in regards to evaluators - I hope they succeed! Listening to the constant "UA is the best", "only the best play for UA" is becoming commical.

What has always been comical is the number of delusional parents who have an over inflated opinion of their daughters abilities.

There are always a handful of players who could be selected but for whatever reason they are not (there are only so many spots).

Under Armours track record has been excellent in the past. We will not know how they did the past couple of years until we see where these players end up going to school and how they perform at the college level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What has always been comical is the number of delusional parents who have an over inflated opinion of their daughters abilities.

There are always a handful of players who could be selected but for whatever reason they are not (there are only so many spots).

Under Armours track record has been excellent in the past. We will not know how they did the past couple of years until we see where these players end up going to school and how they perform at the college level.

Bottom line, the parents whose kids make it - think they are the "best" and the parents kids who don't make it - thinks it's rigged. Go figure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line, the parents whose kids make it - think they are the "best" and the parents kids who don't make it - thinks it's rigged. Go figure

Not the bottom line at all. How many girls make the team? 24? How many parents bring their daughter to the tryouts believing they are strong enough to make the team? 100+?

Every year there are a relatively small number of legit top tier players left off the roster simply because of roster size. Find the girl that receives multiple offers from some of the top 10-15 programs who does not make the team and you can say she has a legit argument. When there are parents of players who do not receive offers from any of the top programs complaining it’s a little much. There are not 50-100 top tier DI players per grad year on Long Island each year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most parent do have blinders on about their own kid. There are usually only a few tier 1 players at any UA or AS tryout. Parents are way to busy complaining about how their kid was done wrong. There are probably 30 deserving girls/boys for the final 10 spots on any all star team. Do you kid some real good and have an honest conversation with them about what parts of the tryout gave them the most trouble. These tryout are great for the kids that are hungry to be a D1 player and willing to work to get better. This part is going to scare many parents, the high level players all practice/work out away from the clubs practices. It's where their true gains are made, clubs can only fine tune players. Hit the wall, hit the weights and play as much pick up as possible. Where there's a will, there's a way! Corny, but true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most parent do have blinders on about their own kid. There are usually only a few tier 1 players at any UA or AS tryout. Parents are way to busy complaining about how their kid was done wrong. There are probably 30 deserving girls/boys for the final 10 spots on any all star team. Do you kid some real good and have an honest conversation with them about what parts of the tryout gave them the most trouble. These tryout are great for the kids that are hungry to be a D1 player and willing to work to get better. This part is going to scare many parents, the high level players all practice/work out away from the clubs practices. It's where their true gains are made, clubs can only fine tune players. Hit the wall, hit the weights and play as much pick up as possible. Where there's a will, there's a way! Corny, but true.

I would say more than a few Tier 1 players at the tryouts especially on the boys side... 30 could be a bit too high on the girls side but spitting hairs.... on the boys side yes 30 - 40 for the last 10 spots.... UA should have two teams for Long Island one for Nassau and Suffolk.... both would be competitive....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say more than a few Tier 1 players at the tryouts especially on the boys side... 30 could be a bit too high on the girls side but spitting hairs.... on the boys side yes 30 - 40 for the last 10 spots.... UA should have two teams for Long Island one for Nassau and Suffolk.... both would be competitive....

Think about the numbers folks. Say top 25 division 1 teams have about 35 players. That’s 875 players. Plenty of these kids didn’t play UA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first indication of how well the evaluators did will be September 1st. The UA players should be going to the top schools. Last summer a lot of parents thought their daughters were not given a fair shake at the tryouts. We will see if the top schools agree with UA selections.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The first indication of how well the evaluators did will be September 1st. The UA players should be going to the top schools. Last summer a lot of parents thought their daughters were not given a fair shake at the tryouts. We will see if the top schools agree with UA selections.

Yes those 25 kids will go to top schools, and so will a few hundered others!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Long Island will have 20 - 25 kids go to Top 10-15 programs. Not counting SBU.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^^^^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a good point. If making the UA was a sham then those 22 kids from 2023 won’t get many phone calls on Sept 1.
By looking at that roster I would bet that they all get many calls and the top 10-15 will be getting many offers from the top programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A question for parents with college experience. If you’re daughter is a top recruit (top 20 ranked) has excellent grades. What type of scholarship should be expected? Ivy is also an option and we would probably qualify for about half tuition. Wondering if it the scholarship money would be be better at a non Ivy but top academic and lax school like NW, Stanford, Duke. Would appreciate any insight!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A question for parents with college experience. If you’re daughter is a top recruit (top 20 ranked) has excellent grades. What type of scholarship should be expected? Ivy is also an option and we would probably qualify for about half tuition. Wondering if it the scholarship money would be be better at a non Ivy but top academic and lax school like NW, Stanford, Duke. Would appreciate any insight!

Did you plug your numbers in to any Ivy financial aid calculators? Ivy aid varies from school to school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you plug your numbers in to any Ivy financial aid calculators? Ivy aid varies from school to school.

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think about the numbers folks. Say top 25 division 1 teams have about 35 players. That’s 875 players. Plenty of these kids didn’t play UA.

On the girls side there are approximately 15 or so "Programs" that are always in the mix. These are the programs that have their teams finish the season ranked in the Top 20 every year or just about every year. Then there are a handful of teams that make make the Top 20 from time to time and then there are many teams that never finish in the Top 20. It is safe to say that the reason that best programs are "the best programs" is because they bring in the best players year after year. When you look at the Top Programs and then you look at "Long Island Players" you will see that each year there are somewhere between 20 - 25 players that end up at those Top Programs. There are 10 Teams that always finish in the Top 20: North Carolina, Maryland, Boston College, Northwestern, Syracuse, Virginia, Princeton, Penn, Florida, Stony Brook (they are the only programs to finish in the Top 20 every year 2015 - 2019). Notre Dame, Penn State and JMU were there 4 of 5 years. Duke was in that top group for many years but for some reason has fallen off.

Broken down by year the Top Programs (which is where the majority of the top players go) we are talking approximately 150 - 200 players (excluding Stony Brook because they for the most bart bring in all LI players).

Maybe 20 - 30 Long Island players per year go to the Top Programs. If you look at history, I am willing to bet that a high percentage of the players who went to those schools were also selected to the LI Underclass Teams.

250 + girls go on to play lacrosse at the college level each year from Long Island, 100 or so Go DI.... 20 - 30 go to Top Programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone shed light on the younger YJ Nassau teams? Is Lomangino still overseeing these teams and what's her plan for next year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve heard Lomangino hasn’t been very active after initially getting the teams off the ground. Maybe CR will take over the teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I’ve heard Lomangino hasn’t been very active after initially getting the teams off the ground. Maybe CR will take over the teams"

What are you talking about? The Spring season just began. CR hates Nassau and will not be taking over teams. Comical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She may “detest” Nassau but like Nassau money. Last I checked, money was green in Nassau too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone shed light on the younger YJ Nassau teams? Is Lomangino still overseeing these teams and what's her plan for next year?

I’m not sure. But her website that has the team info hasn’t been updated in a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I’ve heard Lomangino hasn’t been very active after initially getting the teams off the ground. Maybe CR will take over the teams"

What are you talking about? The Spring season just began. CR hates Nassau and will not be taking over teams. Comical.

You trying to say something that you have a better chance to make the A (Blue) team if you are from Suffolk??
I would think she would take the top players for A team no matter what??
Be fair to say “A” team is 75% suffolk??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2027 YJ team is their top team? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

35% is a great offer unless you are a goalie,where you may get up to 50 or 60%.

For quick math, teams get 12 schollies, which average out to 3 per class.

Most top teams bring in 10 players, 6 or 7 of which get some $$. Assuming the goalie get 50%, then 7 players are dividing up 2.5 schollies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most top teams bring in 10 players, 6 or 7 of which get some $$. Assuming the goalie get 50%, then 7 players are dividing up 2.5 schollies.

Most of this ranking of players is a joke, so you seriously can’t go by these ranking lists you always see. Some kids belong on there, and some do not. Having a name on the rank list does not get you offers, although it may open doors to get seen. But coaches will evaluate players and find what they deem as top prospects. A true top prospect player will get 50% - 75% offers from at least half of the major top 10 programs and may get a full offer from one or two of these schools. This is for the first year with room to go to full based on performance. The next wave of schools are the ones that drift in and out of the top 20, say from ranked between 11-30, you will get more full offers, probably close to 1/3 to 1/2 of these schools. And even higher ratio from schools below that. But be realistic, only a small handful of kids fit this description. Think about the top travel team in the nation, and you may get 2-3 kids with these offers. The rest of the players on that same team will see about half that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of this ranking of players is a joke, so you seriously can’t go by these ranking lists you always see. Some kids belong on there, and some do not. Having a name on the rank list does not get you offers, although it may open doors to get seen. But coaches will evaluate players and find what they deem as top prospects. A true top prospect player will get 50% - 75% offers from at least half of the major top 10 programs and may get a full offer from one or two of these schools. This is for the first year with room to go to full based on performance. The next wave of schools are the ones that drift in and out of the top 20, say from ranked between 11-30, you will get more full offers, probably close to 1/3 to 1/2 of these schools. And even higher ratio from schools below that. But be realistic, only a small handful of kids fit this description. Think about the top travel team in the nation, and you may get 2-3 kids with these offers. The rest of the players on that same team will see about half that.

I agree with because I’ve been through the process. However you are wrong about the one year. Big ten schools guarantee in writing the full scholarship offered for all 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with because I’ve been through the process. However you are wrong about the one year. Big ten schools guarantee in writing the full scholarship offered for all 4 years.

This is pretty much on point, however a scholarship can be taken away at any time. No such thing as 4 year deal; each year it is technically renewable. That said they honor their word 99.6% of the time, but there are cases where they may want to free money up from a non-factor and they will find a way to do that if necessary. Its very rare to have kids on the team with full rides (only hoops and football). You may get full tuition and books but very rare to get ALL....... esp at the top programs. A program like Drexel may offer a full boat to a top 10 kid in the class that can change their program, but a NW or MD would offer that same kid 60% with incentives to get more the next year and so on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again.... "Ranking of players is a joke" ... Bla bla bla... While I would agree that some lists created by local outlets are questionable The Inside Lacrosse Senior Rankings (Top 30, 40) have proven to be pretty accurate. Not the actual order but for the most part the players ranked in the top 30 or 40 do in fact go on to many of the Top 10 - 15 programs and they do very well.

I would add that the amount of $$ a player is offered also depends on where the player ranks on a particular schools list. Not every top tier recruit is a schools #1 recruit. The player could be BC's #1 and UNC's #2 and Northwesterns # 4. The Schools #1 will get more than their #4.

The fact is that the majority of those Top 30, 40 players do go to the Top 10 - 15 programs and that is why the same schools always seem to be the same. There are maybe 10 - 15 programs that finish the season in the Top 20 every year (some in the Top 10 every year) then there are another 10 or so teams that bounce in and out from time to time.

It is not 100% accurate but there is a definite correlation between the number of "IL top 30,40" recruits a program gets and how that program performs over time. The Top Programs bring in the "Top Recruits" and the cycle repeats itself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be clear. THE IVY LEAGUE DOES NOT GIVE ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS. If any stunad tells you his daughter got a full ride, half, whatever from an ivy school, he is essentially telling you how little he makes. The IVY's have need based financial aid. There is no blurred line, it is need based.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here we go again.... "Ranking of players is a joke" ... Bla bla bla... While I would agree that some lists created by local outlets are questionable The Inside Lacrosse Senior Rankings (Top 30, 40) have proven to be pretty accurate. Not the actual order but for the most part the players ranked in the top 30 or 40 do in fact go on to many of the Top 10 - 15 programs and they do very well.

I would add that the amount of $$ a player is offered also depends on where the player ranks on a particular schools list. Not every top tier recruit is a schools #1 recruit. The player could be BC's #1 and UNC's #2 and Northwesterns # 4. The Schools #1 will get more than their #4.

The fact is that the majority of those Top 30, 40 players do go to the Top 10 - 15 programs and that is why the same schools always seem to be the same. There are maybe 10 - 15 programs that finish the season in the Top 20 every year (some in the Top 10 every year) then there are another 10 or so teams that bounce in and out from time to time.

It is not 100% accurate but there is a definite correlation between the number of "IL top 30,40" recruits a program gets and how that program performs over time. The Top Programs bring in the "Top Recruits" and the cycle repeats itself.

I think the lists are for the most part a good indicator. What you have to remember is that it's not the end all be all. If there is a top 100 list and each top 20 school takes 10 recruits as stated above that means there are 100 top 20 recruits who were not on the top 100 list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the lists are for the most part a good indicator. What you have to remember is that it's not the end all be all. If there is a top 100 list and each top 20 school takes 10 recruits as stated above that means there are 100 top 20 recruits who were not on the top 100 list.

Oh boy.... you are confusing the topic.... By “Top 20” recruit the original poster was indicating that the player was “Ranked in the Top 20 recruits” for her graduation year. I will assume “Inside Lacrosse Ranking”. Going to a Top 20 type program does not make the player a “Top 20” recruit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh boy.... you are confusing the topic.... By “Top 20” recruit the original poster was indicating that the player was “Ranked in the Top 20 recruits” for her graduation year. I will assume “Inside Lacrosse Ranking”. Going to a Top 20 type program does not make the player a “Top 20” recruit.

I get that. I was referring to the rankings are a joke comment. sorry for the confusion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do have to remember that not all programs are fully funded and those that are fully funded usually hold some money back for a rainy day or that close to full ride very special kid. With my daughter i would say only 5 kids got partials and the other 7 kids got a roster spot but no cash.

teams get UP TO 12 scholarships, which average out to 3 per class.
goalies can get up to 50- 90%. So one is gone
Most top teams bring in 12 players, 5 or 6 are dividing up 2 scholarships.
Coach needs to hold some money in case one of the 7 players a year who isn't getting any money earns some
On most teams there are more girls not getting money then those that are.

KEEP YOUR GRADES UP! Academic money is way easier to get and there is more of it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do have to remember that not all programs are fully funded and those that are fully funded usually hold some money back for a rainy day or that close to full ride very special kid. With my daughter i would say only 5 kids got partials and the other 7 kids got a roster spot but no cash.

teams get UP TO 12 scholarships, which average out to 3 per class.
goalies can get up to 50- 90%. So one is gone
Most top teams bring in 12 players, 5 or 6 are dividing up 2 scholarships.
Coach needs to hold some money in case one of the 7 players a year who isn't getting any money earns some
On most teams there are more girls not getting money then those that are.

KEEP YOUR GRADES UP! Academic money is way easier to get and there is more of it

More nonsense, it never ends on here, people just post whatever they want with no basis on reality.

Here are the actual numbers of players that Teams brought in from 2017 - 2020. I looked at UNC, BC, Northwestern, Maryland, Princeton and Penn as they are "Top Teams" in Three of the best conferences ACC, Big Ten and Ivy. And yes, I know the Ivy's don't give scholarships, I just wanted to see how many recruits they brought in.

Number of recruits per year:

UNC 2017: 9
UNC 2018: 8
UNC 2019: 8 + 1 walk-on
UNC 2020: 8

BC 2019: 6
BC 2018: 7
BC 2019: 7
BC 2020: 11

MD 2017: 9
MD 2018: 9
MD 2019: 9
MD 2020: 11

Northwestern 2017: 8
Northwestern 2018: 11
Northwestern 2019: 7
Northwestern 2020: 12

Princeton 2017: 7
Princeton 2018: 7
Princeton 2019: 9
Princeton 2020: 9

Penn 2017: 10
Penn 2018: 11
Penn 2019: 11
Penn 2020: 11

Looks like teams on average bring in 8-9 recruits per year.

As far as goalies go... Not every goalie is a Top Tier Goalie and teams do not prioritize goalies in every class. No coach wants to tie up scholarship dollars on players who are sitting on the bench (only one goalie plays at a time).

Your "7 players a year who aren't getting money" is also nonsense. Every team and every year is different so your numbers do not hold water.

The reality is that you have no idea who is getting money or how much they are getting on any team.

It doesn't look like you even have a clue.

Like Reply Quote
Page 323 of 327 1 2 321 322 323 324 325 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard