BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Only Delgado is and always has been on-age on that IL 5-star list. Once the DOB was shared last year for top 10 recruits, it made it clear to all you either holdback (or double holdback) or aren't going to be a top recruit.

NLF Rankings should put DOB on all there rated players 100% of there top 10 are hold backs.

Inside lacrosse 5 stars-BD are on other sites
Christmas-holdback, Hoffman-6/04-holdback, Fyock-holdback, Kellogg 10/03-holdback, Millon 3/04 holdback

DIdn't Delgado reclass?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxlurker
Recruiting in 9th / 10th grade. Its the parents, mostly the fathers, who are crazy about seeing their son become some type of star. The fathers are reaching out to schools and coaches, pushing to get their sons on top travel teams and trying to make sure their sons are on select teams or make all star games, etc. Then the really crazy fathers.....they are still coaching their son's travel teams! Making sure their kid is playing attack, scoring goals, on man up, etc. You'll notice you rarely see the travel team's son playing defense or goalie. That basically sums up 9th / 10th grade "recruiting". Relax...let your kid play lacrosse and other sports, focus on the grades. It will all work out...

How do I get him on the Duke lacrosse team? If he has good grades does that get him on the team?

You keep reclassing until he is RANKED #1 in the grade then SEPT 1 wait for all the calls to pour in.

Sit in your vehicle and notice the usual group of fathers standing watching practice with their hands in their pockets, mostly wearing a baseball cap to hide their balding dome, along with a hooded sweatshirt. Some of them sport team or H.S. apparel, but the majority of them look like complete As^&%$#! Then when the kids walk off the field, they stare as if a group of hot women are walking by them.

So basically you sit in your car watching them watching their kids? Staring at them as if they’re hot women? Kind of the only way you could notice right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it matter if he did? Nothing we can do about it and complaining won't change the prep school system anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delgado is not a reclass, just a good player who didn't cheat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious as to how the re-classes fair in college. Do they consistently stay at a higher level or do they tend to level out and get surpassed. Would love to see the top 100 ranked from HS jr year through college and see how much movement there is. What the average delta in ranking is for holdbacks vs on age.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do well in college. Usually in the top rankings

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems that way only because there are so many of them. This year the best 3 of the top ranked freshman are on age and killing it. This year it is more difficult as well because there are so many post graduates playing. See, you don’t have to be a cheating lost do great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The older kids, ones who have been older their entire youth lacrosse career have had huge advantages this whole time. They stand out because physically they are better than their younger teammates, which helps them get pushed through to the good showcases and the top of all these lists and get noticed very early on. It’s not a coincidence that the 22 top 10 IL players had birthdates ranging between 3 birth years some 18 years old. Some of these kids were driving, or had permits, in middle school while the on age 13 year old were just hitting puberty.
I applaud the on age players, because those are the ones who are truly the best players! I imagine a good portion of the 23 class will reclass or PG to get out from under this Covid mess. On my sons travel 23 team, 13 of 19 are reclassing after this summer. The other 6 players are already reclassed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The older kids, ones who have been older their entire youth lacrosse career have had huge advantages this whole time. They stand out because physically they are better than their younger teammates, which helps them get pushed through to the good showcases and the top of all these lists and get noticed very early on. It’s not a coincidence that the 22 top 10 IL players had birthdates ranging between 3 birth years some 18 years old. Some of these kids were driving, or had permits, in middle school while the on age 13 year old were just hitting puberty.
I applaud the on age players, because those are the ones who are truly the best players! I imagine a good portion of the 23 class will reclass or PG to get out from under this Covid mess. On my sons travel 23 team, 13 of 19 are reclassing after this summer. The other 6 players are already reclassed.

You can't just throw that out there and not name the team. Based upon the high number already reclassed and the relatively small roster size, this sounds like the team that JS coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it matter what team it is? This amount of reclassing is going to be the norm, not the exception.
Did you happen to catch the latest “Top 23” from the NLF list? It’s a 22 Mid who’s already committed to Princeton, who is reclassing to 23 (but still a 22 and still in 11th grade). There will be a ton of reclassing over the next few years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One year of extra play and extra developments makes a huge difference for a boys lacrosse player. Especially mentally for their confidence. It’s stinks for the on age kids, but Covid and NCAA giving college kids and extra year is definitely going to push a lot of athletes to PG if they really want to play at the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to
Does it matter what team it is? This amount of reclassing is going to be the norm, not the exception.
Did you happen to catch the latest “Top 23” from the NLF list? It’s a 22 Mid who’s already committed to Princeton, who is reclassing to 23 (but still a 22 and still in 11th grade). There will be a ton of reclassing over the next few years.
That was hysterical! He's actually not reclassing, he's going to graduate as a '22 and take a gap year in Australia. Not sure how that qualifies him as a 23??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings and playing time / production are two vastly different things. The list of holdbacks that didn’t pan out is much longer than those who did. Look at how all those early recruiting teams are doing. As an example, Hopkins full of holdback and that team stinks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how you get to the top 10 in the NLF 2023 class if you graduate as a 2022. Bizarre

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every time I watch Hopkins I can’t believe how terrible they play for having so many high level recruits. Is it bad team dynamics? Coaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every time I watch Hopkins I can’t believe how terrible they play for having so many high level recruits. Is it bad team dynamics? Coaching?

They have one of the top holdback recruits! What disappointment holding your kid back twice then he doesn’t show up in college!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd give them at least a year or two to decide. The new coaching staff has brought in a whole new offensive system. It will take time to both acclimate current players and bring in new kids who fit that system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd give them at least a year or two to decide. The new coaching staff has brought in a whole new offensive system. It will take time to both acclimate current players and bring in new kids who fit that system.

Hmmm....They got worse since the new coach came.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is not surprising when you bring in a new coaching staff, with a fundamentally different system, but with mostly the same kids from the prior regime. Add in the lack of practice and offseason work because of Covid and it makes it even harder. Which is why I think you need to give it a year or two before making a judgement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is not surprising when you bring in a new coaching staff, with a fundamentally different system, but with mostly the same kids from the prior regime. Add in the lack of practice and offseason work because of Covid and it makes it even harder. Which is why I think you need to give it a year or two before making a judgement.

Agreed, the guy has a proven track record with a program that does not draw in the same number of top recruits as JHU. That being said, putting aside the lack of practice and offseason work, and the introduction of a new system, their top kids just don't seem to be producing as expected. Also, a lot can be said for the fact that they are not playing outside the BIG 10, in the past, they could get a few wins out of conference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you reclass in 10th grade or 9th???????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, the guy has a proven track record with a program that does not draw in the same number of top recruits as JHU. That being said, putting aside the lack of practice and offseason work, and the introduction of a new system, their top kids just don't seem to be producing as expected. Also, a lot can be said for the fact that they are not playing outside the BIG 10, in the past, they could get a few wins out of conference.

True. The Big ten is deceiving this year. Hard to know how good/bad the teams are. PSU/Hopkins/OSU/Michigan all have close games with each other. They are all very good teams. Rutgers is a little better, MD, a lot better. They all still should be ranked in top 20, but because the can't prove themselves by playing out of conference, they're getting defeated.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. The Big ten is deceiving this year. Hard to know how good/bad the teams are. PSU/Hopkins/OSU/Michigan all have close games with each other. They are all very good teams. Rutgers is a little better, MD, a lot better. They all still should be ranked in top 20, but because the can't prove themselves by playing out of conference, they're getting defeated.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Rutgers next year, I think that they were by far the biggest beneficiary of the grad transfers this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rutgers will be terrible, MD won't be very good either. Hopkins should look good in Big 10 next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

go from public to private....or just just repeat if your already there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

go from public to private....or just just repeat if your already there.

Only one legit team carries that low of numbers....maybe JS realizes that amount of spots open for 23's is going to be down 25%

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the 22’s coming down to 23’s, there is going to be a lot less than 25% less spots available for the 23 class. The trickle down effect will be far reaching. Ask the prep coaches how many applications they got this year, my guess it was record numbers for all sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the 22’s coming down to 23’s, there is going to be a lot less than 25% less spots available for the 23 class. The trickle down effect will be far reaching. Ask the prep coaches how many applications they got this year, my guess it was record numbers for all sports.

Next years Inside Lacrosse list could be 10 new names......having only 1 out of 10 of the kids being on age is a bad look for the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well considering the current top 10 has only 3 on age 2023’s....
Pretty soon the reclassing won’t matter, because everybody will be reclassed and older. The advantage will be gone. Then everybody will be double reclassing.
What’s interesting is, how the non-hotbed, west coast kids are starting to reclass. It is definitely catching on past the East coast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what is the link for the top 10 with birthdays?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t exist for obvious reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to see this actually happen. A lot of the kids are top recruits already, what are they going to hold back for? More playing time as a freshman?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know they are top recruits without reclassifying?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well if it is the WHOLE js team as mentioned, I think its pretty safe to say there are multiple top recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But if they didn’t reclass they would not be the top 1% of recruits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will take 4 to 5 years for this manufactured gut of lacrosse players to pass through the college ranks. This affect will be felt through the 2025 recruiting class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But if they didn’t reclass they would not be the top 1% of recruits

I would like to add some intelligence and context to the ongoing reclass conversation that takes over every thread, every week, every month, every year and probably forever.

"BLAH BLAH BLAH reclass BLAH BLAH BLAH unfair BLAH BLAH BLAH disadvantage BLAH BLAH BLAH advantage BLAH BLAH BLAH birthdate." I hope that helps, please feel free to quote when you have similar conversations with friends and no, my son is not a reclass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the high school playoffs work this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask a varsity parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do the high school playoffs work this year?

It’s basically just 4 rounds total. Nassau is 1st round, top 8 teams. Semis, championship, then li championship. At least that is what is on our schedule. Starts June 9th.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard