BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 62 of 220 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches daughter made it... how funny... no conflict of interest there. i'm sure she had a great tryout

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually only 4 YJ.....more than half the team is Team Elevate...
Team elevate coach ran the tryout. Congrats to the girls selected....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I see (5) girls from the TG 2018 team...(3) on the roster and (2) alternates...I would assume that is pretty good considering I would expect a majority to be 2017's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The coaches daughter made it... how funny... no conflict of interest there. i'm sure she had a great tryout

Middle school Team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess thats why the Elevate girls were not at the Under Armour tryout. Everyone is serving that Home Cooking.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine thing is a joke, pure money making thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess thats why the Elevate girls were not at the Under Armour tryout. Everyone is serving that Home Cooking.

Under Armour Starts in 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
national draw schedule not available yet, has to be sent to CR for approval, YJ teams must get easy brackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually I see (5) girls from the TG 2018 team...(3) on the roster and (2) alternates...I would assume that is pretty good considering I would expect a majority to be 2017's

familiar with most of the girls who tried out, seeing who landed where really has me scratching my head. I guess having seen many of these girls play alot of games , i know where they stack up. I guess it can be pinned on the imperfect world of tryouts and politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
national draw schedule not available yet, has to be sent to CR for approval, YJ teams must get easy brackets.

Believe me YJ would love to play Top Guns teams. Any age.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine thing is a joke, pure money making thing.

Agreed, as soon as I saw the "evaluators" I knew I wasted my money and my daughter's time. 3 girls who made the team happened to have cramps at the same time and missed a good 20 minutes of "tryouts" and did nothing when they participated.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This statement is not true. We have it from the horse's mouth. The exact quote was "Why should my club offer these challengers a chance to play us?" If it was true, let's see how many Yellow Jackets teams show up at Long Island's premier recruiting event for 2013, the LacroSSe-By-3 ClaSSic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage ,Obviously you will not print this but you are so obviously anti YJ. If TG wanted to play YJ they could show up at LI Elite showcase like they used to but will not because of the same reason YJ will not go to the lacrosse by 2 tournament.You always want info so people can be informed consumers but the complete lack of info about lacrosse by 2 tournament such as teams committed or college coaches committed and you have no issue with it.When BS tells the kids on his teams to stay off of your site you again have no issue with it.Tell us why we should pay money to go to this tournament when in reality no one knows anything about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
This statement is not true. We have it from the horse's mouth. The exact quote was "Why should my club offer these challengers a chance to play us?" If it was true, let's see how many Yellow Jackets teams show up at Long Island's premier recruiting event for 2013, the LacroSSe-By-3 ClaSSic.

she has nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing tg. Yj would have to be expected to win across the board. They are a club two to three times the size, tons of players to draw from and have been around for many years. Can't blame her, if the younger teams were to start losing games, she might start losing customers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next year you will see some other teams with differant names. They will be coming.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage ,Obviously you will not print this but you are so obviously anti YJ.
First, here is your post. Second, we were formerly accused of being completely pro-Yellow Jackets; your accusation is evidence that we are striking the right balance.

If TG wanted to play YJ they could show up at LI Elite showcase like they used ...
The comment was that the Yellow Jackets would play the Top Guns at any opportunity, not the other way around.

... to but will not because of the same reason YJ will not go to the lacrosse by 2 tournament.
There are just so many showcases - how can Long Island be a hot-bed if the top clubs do not support the local venues?

You always want info so people can be informed consumers but the complete lack of info about lacrosse by 2 tournament such as teams committed or college coaches committed and you have no issue with it.
While we already have an e-mail into Shannon for this year's listing, let me ask you this : name the teams playing in your cited event. You would be hard pressed to come up with that information.

When BS tells the kids on his teams to stay off of your site you again have no issue with it.
Don't be so sure about our position on various issues unless you hear it from us.

Tell us why we should pay money to go to this tournament when in reality no one knows anything about it.
Attendance is your choice - we reviewed the tournament in sessions with Coach Smith at Hofstra. We believe this is going to be a well-attended event. It is your choice whether the Lacrosse-By-3 event is value-for-money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on you are not naive. It's one thing to play each other in tourneys another to go to a Top Gun run tourney. And they don't come to Carol Rose's tourney at Mitchell Field either so I guess it's a stand off.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It's one thing to play each other in tourneys another to go to a Top Gun run tourney. And they don't come to Carol Rose's tourney at Mitchell Field either so I guess it's a stand off.

Hold on here - at 5:07pm, you posted :

Those were your words, not those of BOTC. So which is it? While you take your foot out of your mouth, we will return this thread to the Top Guns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's one thing to play each other in tourneys another to go to a Top Gun run tourney. And they don't come to Carol Rose's tourney at Mitchell Field either so I guess it's a stand off.

Hold on here - at 5:07pm, you posted :

Those were your words, not those of BOTC. So which is it? While you take your foot out of your mouth, we will return this thread to the Top Guns.

My foot isn't in my mouth. I said Yj would love to play top guns at all of the many tournaments held throughout the summer, too many to mention., usually in NJ MD and Virginia. Last year YJ got to play them a few times and it was great. Not sure why you are so defensive I merely pointed out reality, you are choosing to try to be insulting.
But top guns won't show up to Carols function nor will Yj turn up to Shannon's. No foot in mouth sir

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My foot isn't in my mouth. I said Yj would love to play top guns at all of the many tournaments held throughout the summer, too many to mention., usually in NJ MD and Virginia.
Friend, you said : "Believe me YJ would love to play Top Guns teams. Any age." You said it at 5:07pm this afternoon. Our readers can plainly see the change in your position which is fine.

Last year YJ got to play them a few times and it was great.
When we get over the Yellow Jacket vs. Top Guns in-fighting, we completely agree. As far as Long Island club lacrosse goes, this is just about as good as it gets across the board.

Not sure why you are so defensive I merely pointed out reality, you are choosing to try to be insulting.
Insulting. No.

But top guns won't show up to Carols function nor will Yj turn up to Shannon's. No foot in mouth sir.
Please stop. Maybe BOTC has taken this provocative position because we think it is best that both clubs get over this animosity and start attending each other's showcases. Did that ever cross your mind? Think about it.

Look at what took place in New [lacrosse] State this year with Section III gaining strength. Look at the growth in Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania - and that is only in the Northeast. To be honest, this Yellow Jackets vs. Top Guns debate is fighting a war on the wrong front.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on you are not naive. It's one thing to play each other in tourneys another to go to a Top Gun run tourney. And they don't come to Carol Rose's tourney at Mitchell Field either so I guess it's a stand off.

Four 25 minute games at Mitchell field is not exactly a great bang for your buck. Also, last year less than three days prior to tournaments starting both National Draw and All-Star Express schedules were altered dramatically - guess what no YJ teams playing TG, they were forced to play YJ vs YJ multiple times and there were many unhappy YJ parents - CR brings 30 teams (800+ kids) and $50,000 to tourneys, she gets to dictate schedule and that's just a fact of life for the time being. That said many around the tourney circuit are growing tired of her and the YJ antics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, here is your post. Second, we were formerly accused of being completely pro-Yellow Jackets; your accusation is evidence that we are striking the right balance.

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
If TG wanted to play YJ they could show up at LI Elite showcase like they used ...
The comment was that the Yellow Jackets would play the Top Guns at any opportunity, not the other way around.

Actually that was not the comment, when you throw in the at any opportunity it changes it. Some YJ teams have purposely entered tournaments that they do not traditionally do hoping to run into TG, see TG schedule for next weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Four 25 minute games at Mitchell field is not exactly a great bang for your buck. Also, last year less than three days prior to tournaments starting both National Draw and All-Star Express schedules were altered dramatically - guess what no YJ teams playing TG, they were forced to play YJ vs YJ multiple times and there were many unhappy YJ parents - CR brings 30 teams (800+ kids) and $50,000 to tourneys, she gets to dictate schedule and that's just a fact of life for the time being. That said many around the tourney circuit are growing tired of her and the YJ antics.

Why is it you always get some idiot come on here and state things that are blatantly false and easily verified to be false.Ask your 2018 and 2016 teams if they played any YJ teams at either of those tournaments. Thanks for your completely false input.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is it you always get some idiot come on here and state things that are blatantly false and easily verified to be false.Ask your 2018 and 2016 teams if they played any YJ teams at either of those tournaments. Thanks for your completely false input.

How many YJ teams played each other? Get over it! Cr thougth that YJ could win those two games- one ended in a tie and not sure what happened at the other... All-Star Express was YJ scrimmages all over the place, teams from NJ, MD etc were all wondering what was going on. A weekend in traffic, hotel and restaurant expenses and you play more than half your schedule against your own club, come on that's just not right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again thanks for your completely false input ,keep up the good work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again thanks for your completely false input ,keep up the good work.

actually, this persons observation seems spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually that was not the comment, when you throw in the at any opportunity it changes it. Some YJ teams have purposely entered tournaments that they do not traditionally do hoping to run into TG, see TG schedule for next weekend.

Checking the Summer Classic one Yellow Jacket team a 2016 Team is there. Not sure which one, playing TG 2016 Purple. One Team doesn't make a statement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would any of the directors want the 2 teams playing against each other with such childish parents on the sidelines..would wind up a brawl. Get over yourselves already. Play where you are happy and don't worry about who can beat who, so stupid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Checking the Summer Classic one Yellow Jacket team a 2016 Team is there. Not sure which one, playing TG 2016 Purple. One Team doesn't make a statement

mustp have been an oversight by the tournament director, revised schedule will be out soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are impossible, so when your conspiracy theories about CR avoiding all games against TG and how she controls all the teams and tournaments gets repeated you believe it but when someone shows you evidence to the contrary you just blow it off.Keep up the conspiracy theories and your head in the sand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are impossible, so when your conspiracy theories about CR avoiding all games against TG and how she controls all the teams and tournaments gets repeated you believe it but when someone shows you evidence to the contrary you just blow it off.Keep up the conspiracy theories and your head in the sand.

The two top YJ teams are scheduled to be in a team camp this weekend and the remaining 2 teams are in Connecticut for a tournament. Which team is going down to Maryland??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
16 defo will be in Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would any of the directors want the 2 teams playing against each other with such childish parents on the sidelines..would wind up a brawl. Get over yourselves already. Play where you are happy and don't worry about who can beat who, so stupid.

Totally agree. I wouldn't want to go all the way to MD to play a NY team... All LI Clubs should bite the bullet and enter a # of teams in each others' tournaments...Would only attract better talent/teams from ouot of state/upstate to play here on the Island...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree. I wouldn't want to go all the way to MD to play a NY team... All LI Clubs should bite the bullet and enter a # of teams in each others' tournaments...Would only attract better talent/teams from ouot of state/upstate to play here on the Island...

I agree 100%, but I'm not paying the $10 "scholarship" entry fee at Mitchel field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is true, play the Black team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree 100%, but I'm not paying the $10 "scholarship" entry fee at Mitchel field

Right, no entry fees!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why people feel compelled to use terms like moron.Do you think if a YJ team is traveling to MD to play in a tournament they get to choose who they play or are you another of those conspiracy TG people who blame everything on CR.Obviously CR called the people running the tournament to tell them who the 1 YJ team gets to play or she will pull out and the tournament will lose out on all that dough.Seems to me in looking at the teams roster its not their full team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats what happens and she does it often... National Draw for instance. she has them in her pocket... open your eyes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why people feel compelled to use terms like moron.Do you think if a YJ team is traveling to MD to play in a tournament they get to choose who they play or are you another of those conspiracy TG people who blame everything on CR.Obviously CR called the people running the tournament to tell them who the 1 YJ team gets to play or she will pull out and the tournament will lose out on all that dough.Seems to me in looking at the teams roster its not their full team .

gee, I guess I should be insulted.
I am aware that clubs can't (in most cases) pick their opponents at tournaments, thanks for reminding me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

gee, I guess I should be insulted.
I am aware that clubs can't (in most cases) pick their opponents at tournaments, thanks for reminding me.

So exactly how did you want them to play the black team ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 220 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard