Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/13/21 11:56 PM
West Islip varsity vs Shoreham Wading River today
by Anonymous - 05/13/21 11:44 PM
Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/13/21 11:41 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/13/21 11:31 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/13/21 11:12 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,365
Posts291,055
Members2,287
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #327407 04/19/21 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else feel like the refs have been really awful in the NGLL so far? Inconsistent calls. We had one ref tell our team that time outs are not allowed at any point.

We've had other refs argue with each other over calls.

Moving picks, which is my knowledge has always been illegal, seem not to be getting called, one ref told us that as long as the girl isn't leaning shoulder first, she can do a moving pick? Seems crazy and dangerous.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #327425 04/19/21 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
April 18 NGLL 2027 final :
M&D Black 9 Hero's Green 7

Hero's best still wasn't enough. But good game to them.
April 18 NGLL 2027 final :
M&D Black 9 Hero's Green 7

Hats off to Heros on their effort and keeping it mostly competitive yesterday. Knock our roster size if you want. But this weekend pretty much proved- we are stronger than most because we are deeper than most.

Ugh. Half your girls don’t play. It wasn’t your depth that won the game. You guys had a good game yesterday. We didn’t play all that great, so I would not say our best wasn’t good enough. All teams have off days.

Either way, it was a fun game to watch.

Boo Hoo. Our bench kids got in against you guys!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327444 04/19/21 04:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else feel like the refs have been really awful in the NGLL so far? Inconsistent calls. We had one ref tell our team that time outs are not allowed at any point.

Moving picks, which is my knowledge has always been illegal, seem not to be getting called, one ref told us that as long as the girl isn't leaning shoulder first, she can do a moving pick? Seems crazy and dangerous.

Moving picks are LEGAL, at least have been for quite a few years. This is explicitly stated in the rule book and they use examples.

This is not basketball; however, we have many basketball refs that have incorrectly called it.
- aRef for the last 10 years

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327462 04/19/21 08:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are on the heros team ? Funny how mommy and daddy care more about this stuff than the kids.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327476 04/19/21 10:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I won't argue that refs can be a little rough, it's usually wise to know the rules yourself before calling out the officials for it. Moving picks have always been legal in girls lacrosse. Only blind side picks are illegal.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #327479 04/19/21 10:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are on the heros team ? Funny how mommy and daddy care more about this stuff than the kids.

Who are you referring to? The M&D parent is the one making an butt of themselves.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327503 04/20/21 08:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I won't argue that refs can be a little rough, it's usually wise to know the rules yourself before calling out the officials for it. Moving picks have always been legal in girls lacrosse. Only blind side picks are illegal.

Kinda the point of why I asked. Guess I need to educate our coaches too.

Yes, refs have been bad, inconsistent, arguing with themselves. etc.

Anyone have a link to full rules used by NGLL?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327540 04/20/21 12:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 3

NEMS 27 vs LBC 27
NEMS -5
LBC has held two straight teams under 6, although that won't happen against NEMS, I do expect a good showing.

MD United 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
MD United 27 -8
MDU needs to bounce back from a tough one goal loss to LBC, SW will gain experience needed this spring.

BLC Blue 27 vs Hero's White 27
BLC Blue -10
BLC is a very well rounded team and Hero's White is off to a slow start,

Coppermine 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
Coppermine -9
Coppermine has a very favorable schedule and I expect them to reel off 5 straight wins, this being the 2nd.

MD United 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride Red -2
Big game for both clubs. I think this one will be tight. If the winner has more than 9 goals, I expect that Pride wins it.

Pride Red 27 vs LBC 27
Pride Red -3
Not only does Pride Red travel from NVA to Kent Island, but they must play an earlier game. Despite the favors for LBC, I think Pride comes out on top.

BLC Blue 27 vs Integrity 27
BLC -9
This may be a little high, as Integrity can control the draw in many cases. That being said, I think they have a tough time scoring and BLC runs a fast paced offense that can put up pts quick.

M&D Black 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's Green -5
Always a fun one, Hero's hasn't clicked just yet. This will be physical but I don't think Hero's let's up on the gas.

NEMS 27 vs LBC 27
NEMS -5
NEMS 27 8-6
LBC lost a tough one, but they keep improving, dark horse now in Red Division for that 2nd playoff spot.

MD United 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
MD United 27 -8
MD United 27 13-3
MD United got rolling, much needed win. Skywalkers won't worry about standings.

BLC Blue 27 vs Hero's White 27
BLC Blue -10
BLC Blue 27 17-4
Combine great goalie play with aggressive middies and you get this result

Coppermine 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
Coppermine -9
Result TBD

MD United 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride Red -2
Tie 8-8
" If the winner has more than 9 goals, I expect that Pride wins it" Lacrosse is a game of runs, evidently this game had several. Two evenly matched teams. 9 goals woulda won it.

Pride Red 27 vs LBC 27
Pride Red -3
LBC 9-4
LBC took advantage of Pride playing a tough game earlier in morning, but give LBC credit, they have size and skill on offense.

BLC Blue 27 vs Integrity 27
BLC -9
BLC Blue 27 11-2
BLC by 9, that was clear as day.

Hero's Green -5
M&D 9-7
I admit I did not see this one coming, M&D we know is talented. Things went their way and they pushed through. We will see this matchup again in the playoffs, bank on it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327612 04/21/21 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Hero's Green -5
M&D 9-7
I admit I did not see this one coming, M&D we know is talented. Things went their way and they pushed through. We will see this matchup again in the playoffs, bank on it.
Can't wait. it's gonna be on-trend. On these forums.

Last edited by JesLax1; 04/21/21 08:22 AM.
Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #327718 04/22/21 09:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who makes the schedule? We are about 1/2 way through the season and BLC only 2 games left (played 6) . they have a break from 4/18 to 5/8 that is ridiculous in a season. That means they were either pushed to be tired for second games (i.e. lost to heros) or a intentional break to try to get them to loose their stride (or refresh). Coppermine and SW have played 2 games.

Lucky for them the payoffs are set.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #327727 04/22/21 09:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who makes the schedule? We are about 1/2 way through the season and BLC only 2 games left (played 6) . they have a break from 4/18 to 5/8 that is ridiculous in a season. That means they were either pushed to be tired for second games (i.e. lost to heros) or a intentional break to try to get them to loose their stride (or refresh). Coppermine and SW have played 2 games.

Lucky for them the payoffs are set.

OR... maybe it is just a quirk in the scheduling of a league that has many divisions and many teams in a year where fields are not readily available due to COVID! Be grateful they are playing.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #327733 04/22/21 10:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. Scheduling is bad across the board.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #327734 04/22/21 10:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 4

Hero's White 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride Red 27 -4

Pride has a lot of size, but Hero's White does too. I think Pride is a bit more polished on the offensive end and I think that is the difference here.

FCA 27 vs M&D Black 27
M&D Black 27 -9

M&D coming off a huge victory, I think they keep the great play going. FCA will have to play all 46 min for this game to stay single digits.

Coppermine 27 vs LBC 27
Coppermine -2

Coppermine kept it within 2 goals of NEMS (as did LBC) but Integrity kept it within 2 goals of Coppermine. This tells me these teams are not too far apart. I give the nod to Coppermine but LBC very well could win this by 2-3.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327737 04/22/21 10:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the scheduling is horrendous across the league at all age divisions. Multiple games both days on the weekend then no games for 2 weeks etc. It's a poorly run league all around.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327741 04/22/21 11:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the scheduling is horrendous across the league at all age divisions. Multiple games both days on the weekend then no games for 2 weeks etc. It's a poorly run league all around.
Hey, here’s a thought, maybe cut the league some slack this season and be grateful your daughters are getting one. NGLL has to work around every athletic program in the MD/DC/VA area who are attempting to squeeze fall sports into spring seasons along with spring sports also in play. Field space is a nightmare. Stop griping about it because I doubt your kid is.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard