Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 11:07 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 10:58 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 09:29 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 09:23 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 09:19 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,366
Posts291,150
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 162 of 169 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 168 169
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
Anonymous #324209 03/22/21 11:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should Daddy ball exist at this level with the amount of money parents are paying?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #324222 03/22/21 11:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Should Daddy ball exist at this level with the amount of money parents are paying?
Lol... Are you asking for a friend?

Like Reply Quote
TLaxOne #324224 03/22/21 11:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy ball exists everywhere in lacrosse.
You'll be hard pressed to get away from it.
Every club, many highschools, and even at Syracuse and Duke.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #324256 03/22/21 01:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many remotely qualified non-parent coaches are out there waiting for their opportunity to coach grade or middle school kids?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #324277 03/22/21 03:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many remotely qualified non-parent coaches are out there waiting for their opportunity to coach grade or middle school kids?
Don’t for get to add for free.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TLaxOne #324284 03/22/21 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a formula listed on how they would choose if you're in the playoffs or not? Couldn't find on their site. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #324292 03/22/21 04:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many clubs pay their coaches a stipend. However, my observation with 5 kids having gone through the club lacrosse experience is that most dad coaches do a much better job with the kids because they have skin in the game. The coaches that don't have a kid on the team tend to come and go and treat it like a minimum wage job. That is, they show up, do the bare minimum and call it a day. These guys and gals typically don't last more than a season or calendar year at the most. Don't get me wrong, there are dad coaches who are to be avoided, but you can typically suss them out by asking around. I encountered only one of them between five kids and it was with one of my daughters. If you are experience daddy ball issues, you are either playing for the wrong dad or your perception of the personnel may be skewed.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #324299 03/22/21 04:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many clubs pay their coaches a stipend. However, my observation with 5 kids having gone through the club lacrosse experience is that most dad coaches do a much better job with the kids because they have skin in the game. The coaches that don't have a kid on the team tend to come and go and treat it like a minimum wage job. That is, they show up, do the bare minimum and call it a day. These guys and gals typically don't last more than a season or calendar year at the most. Don't get me wrong, there are dad coaches who are to be avoided, but you can typically suss them out by asking around. I encountered only one of them between five kids and it was with one of my daughters. If you are experience daddy ball issues, you are either playing for the wrong dad or your perception of the personnel may be skewed.
+1

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #324437 03/23/21 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did you "hear" that DC Express Orange wasn't playing in the league? I mean, moot now, but interesting.

Like Reply Quote
TLaxOne #324621 03/24/21 03:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I noticed on the GHCLC Sports Engine pages, the Standings for each division are not sorted with the teams in actual order of the standings. Additionally, there is no way to sort the list online and an important metric "GD" (Goals Difference) is not even included.

These are the metrics tracked.
W - Win
L - Loss
T - Tie
GB - Games Behind
WPCT - Winning Percentage
GF - Goals For
GA - Goals Against

I'm not sure what GB and WPCT matters in the standings. In the end it is how many games were won, loss, and by how many goals. Hopefully, GHCLC will notice the problem and make it so the Standings actually reflect the standings.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #324639 03/24/21 06:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goal differential isn’t a tie breaker that HOCO uses for standing or playoff determination. It goes record, head to head, winning percentage of teams beat, winning percentage of all teams played, goal against, and then coin flip. So goal differential doesn’t matter for the standings. Presumably this is to not incentive teams to run up the score.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #324669 03/24/21 11:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1

Never have your kid play on a team where the Coach's kid plays the same position as your kid!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #324690 03/25/21 08:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GB is games behind I believe

Like Reply Quote
TLaxOne #327359 04/19/21 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does GHCLC use alphabetical order to determine standings? 2026 Hawks in 2nd place in 2026 Elite division?

Team W L T GB WPCT GF GA
Crabs 4 0 0 0.0 1.000 45 25
Hawks 4 0 0 0.0 1.000 57 20

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327376 04/19/21 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does GHCLC use alphabetical order to determine standings? 2026 Hawks in 2nd place in 2026 Elite division?

Team W L T GB WPCT GF GA
Crabs 4 0 0 0.0 1.000 45 25
Hawks 4 0 0 0.0 1.000 57 20

Here are the tie-breakers from the GHCLC bylaws. Because Crabs have beaten teams with a better record, they should be listed first.

Tie Breaking - End of season tie breaker procedures:
1. Record/Winning percentage
2. Head to Head
3. Total winning percentage of teams you have beaten
4. Total winning percentage of all your opponents
5. Total goals scored against
6. Coin Toss/Card Draw

Like Reply Quote
Page 162 of 169 1 2 160 161 162 163 164 168 169
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled