BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 45 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Big 10 is playnig...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Big 10 is playnig...

Only among themselves so other teams are not facing Northwestern, Maryland, Penn State, Hopkins, etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big ten teams are playing in the NCAA tournament .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The big ten teams are playing in the NCAA tournament

The only Big 10 team with a shot at making the tournament is Northwestern. The biggest disappointments have to be Maryland and Penn St.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only Big 10 team with a shot at making the tournament is Northwestern. The biggest disappointments have to be Maryland and Penn St.

Do you really think the only Big Ten Team will be Northwestern?

Typical post from a low life ... nothing positive, nothing informative, nothing but snide nonsense. What went wrong with your life.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical post from a low life ... nothing positive, nothing informative, nothing but snide nonsense. What went wrong with your life.

Will be interesting in how they pick which teams make it in out of the big ten as other than NW no one really separating themselves from the pack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be interesting in how they pick which teams make it in out of the big ten as other than NW no one really separating themselves from the pack

I agree, outside of Northwestern you will probably take Maryland. But afte that you either leave all the others out or take them all. They are all under .500 and seem to have beaten each other at one point in time during the year. It will be a difficult decision

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching BC play I hope CN never wins a championship nor the Tewaaraton . Worst sportsmanship , terrible teammate and yet inside lax promotes her like that’s the standard that little girls should be looking up to . How many junk time goals and over the top celebrations can one player have . Senior day and all that kid cares about is her own stats while you have senior players who never play on the field in a blowout game .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North is best player in wlax this year. Sorry to the UNC crowd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North is best player in wlax this year. Sorry to the UNC crowd.

The kid is very good but not the best player , it’s obvious it’s all about her and she has never been on a team that wins a big game which tells me she does not make anyone around her better . Given the choice there are many players who I would rather have my kid play with than that one . Scane is a much better player and at least does not act like every junk time goal is the NCAA championship . Not sure what UNC has to do with the topic but I would take Trenchard over Scane every time .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching BC play I hope CN never wins a championship nor the Tewaaraton . Worst sportsmanship , terrible teammate and yet inside lax promotes her like that’s the standard that little girls should be looking up to . How many junk time goals and over the top celebrations can one player have . Senior day and all that kid cares about is her own stats while you have senior players who never play on the field in a blowout game .

Sorry dude. She dominated ND both games. Appears you are an ND fan ok i get you have a burr in the saddle after 2 blowouts. She dominated the draw. ND couldnt guard her, and on the off chance they actually did stop her she passed and got the assist. Its crazy that people here try to say the usual nonsense.........she is a terrible teammate?-How do you know. Junk goals?-she has a viscous shot and scores throughout the game. Over the top celebrations?-then stop her. Sorry... the 2 UNC women are great one way players-feeder and scorer. Although I would like to see defense get more notoriety, North dominates games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry dude. She dominated ND both games. Appears you are an ND fan ok i get you have a burr in the saddle after 2 blowouts. She dominated the draw. ND couldnt guard her, and on the off chance they actually did stop her she passed and got the assist. Its crazy that people here try to say the usual nonsense.........she is a terrible teammate?-How do you know. Junk goals?-she has a viscous shot and scores throughout the game. Over the top celebrations?-then stop her. Sorry... the 2 UNC women are great one way players-feeder and scorer. Although I would like to see defense get more notoriety, North dominates games.

I don't think this poster was specifically naming ND game but maybe the VT game last week where she had to score her 10th goal of the game when they were already up by 10 goals - with 4 seconds left. To many people that reeks of grabbing the glory and the stats...she could have passed to a teammate that doesn't see much playing time...but then that would show sportsmanship. And how do people know what kind of teammate she is? because the lacrosse community is very small and players talk amongst themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now I am a ND fan , before you thought I was a UNC fan , the only thing those comments show is you are misinformed. How do I know she is a “terrible “ teammate because I watch her play , end of blowout games it’s all about her and not getting freshman who rarely play involved or on senior day it’s all about her even though there are players on the field that have been on that team for 4-5 years who rarely get to play . Just ask the Duke players about her . How about scoring her 11th goal of the game with 1 second left in a game that was a complete mismatch , that’s a bad teammate and honestly an embarrassment. The good news is Scane or Ortega will win the Tewaaraton as those that know and actually watch the game will not want her to win it . She did not dominate the UNC or either Louisville game and honestly I hope they give the award to the best defender in the game .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, outside of Northwestern you will probably take Maryland. But afte that you either leave all the others out or take them all. They are all under .500 and seem to have beaten each other at one point in time during the year. It will be a difficult decision

In Division I women's lacrosse a teams record is not a very good measure of a team. With such disparity of ability and team strength in the Division I ranks a teams record means very little.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now I am a ND fan , before you thought I was a UNC fan , the only thing those comments show is you are misinformed. How do I know she is a “terrible “ teammate because I watch her play , end of blowout games it’s all about her and not getting freshman who rarely play involved or on senior day it’s all about her even though there are players on the field that have been on that team for 4-5 years who rarely get to play . Just ask the Duke players about her . How about scoring her 11th goal of the game with 1 second left in a game that was a complete mismatch , that’s a bad teammate and honestly an embarrassment. The good news is Scane or Ortega will win the Tewaaraton as those that know and actually watch the game will not want her to win it . She did not dominate the UNC or either Louisville game and honestly I hope they give the award to the best defender in the game .

Dont know who you are or what fan you are. Dont care. You "know" she is a terrible teammate because you watch her?? Geez...stop with your subjective "you watch games" analysis. Her TEAM wins games. That makes a good teammate. The rest of the stuff you said is whining drival. Oh and I love the quote" those that know will not let her win it". Are you one of those that know??? Of course you are not. And please provide facts regarding how many goals Hoegh, Scane, Ortega, etc have provided the freshmen and non-playing seniors on their teams so you can inform all of us since "you are in the know" about what good teammates they are. OK, I will make it easier.....how many draw controls do those players have since you are "in the know". Again... if teams dont like her scoring/celebrating.....stop her. If you cant stop her stop whining. She wins draws, scores goals, gets assists=Tewaaraton

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you describe about the VT game does sound like poor sportsmanship...until you pull up the box score and see that her goal with 1 second left was assisted by a freshman getting her first career assist and second career goal. Before that goal, her last point was with 19 minutes left in the 2nd half. She plays with intensity and enthusiasm, but it does not strike me as poor sportsmanship, and I doubt whatever was going at Duke stemmed solely from North. She's an amazing player and BC as a team looks better each time I see them play this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches Poll as of 4-12-2021

1 - North Carolina

2 - Northwestern

3 - Syracuse

4 - Notre Dame

5 - Boston College

6 - Stony Brook

7 - Virginia

8 - Duke

9 - Florida

10 - Jacksonville

T-11 - Loyola

T-11 - Maryland

13 - Penn State

14 - Drexel

15 - Towson

16 - Stanford

17 - Michigan

18 - Louisville

19 - Denver

20 - Johns Hopkins

21 - Richmond

22 - Ohio State

23 - Elon

24 - Rutgers

25 - Massachusetts

From 2015 - 2019 below is average number of "At Large Bids" by conference.

ACC - 5
B1G - 3
IVY - 2
CAA - 1
PAC - 1
Patriot - 1

BigE - 1 maybe
AE - 1 maybe

Most other conferences have not had multiple At Large Bids.

I would think this year will be similar however with no Ivy's there will be 2 - 3 open spots.

16 conference champs and 13 At Large Bids 29 Teams Total: At Large Bids: 5 ACC, 3 B1G, 1 CAA, 1 PAC, 1 Patriot, That will leave "2" Bids... Which conference will they come from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North by far is the best all round player. Do people realize she may be the best draw girl in the country while Scane and Ortega don't do anything in that aspect of the game. Do you realize her overall stats are slightly ahead of Appuzzo when she won the award. North also has one of the highest shooting percentages in the NCAA. If you are being objective the race should not even be close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dont know who you are or what fan you are. Dont care. You "know" she is a terrible teammate because you watch her?? Geez...stop with your subjective "you watch games" analysis. Her TEAM wins games. That makes a good teammate. The rest of the stuff you said is whining drival. Oh and I love the quote" those that know will not let her win it". Are you one of those that know??? Of course you are not. And please provide facts regarding how many goals Hoegh, Scane, Ortega, etc have provided the freshmen and non-playing seniors on their teams so you can inform all of us since "you are in the know" about what good teammates they are. OK, I will make it easier.....how many draw controls do those players have since you are "in the know". Again... if teams dont like her scoring/celebrating.....stop her. If you cant stop her stop whining. She wins draws, scores goals, gets assists=Tewaaraton

You don’t care what type of fan I am yet you repeatedly bring it up . Her team wins games so that makes her a good teammate is laughable but if that’s your standard then every player on the UNC team is a better teammate . Of course it’s subjective if a player is a good teammate you are just too slow to know that . As far as the others that you are speaking of they are rarely in late in blowout games unlike BC stat padders . You obviously don’t even watch the kid play or you would not bring up her assist numbers. Seems you skipped over her former teammates opinion of her . North will not win it and it is most likely Scanes to lose as she has proven herself to be virtually unstoppable unlike North . I am not one of those who are involved in the selection process but I am friendly with one of the selection committee . I do agree she will have several things in common w Apuzzo ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don’t care what type of fan I am yet you repeatedly bring it up . Her team wins games so that makes her a good teammate is laughable but if that’s your standard then every player on the UNC team is a better teammate . Of course it’s subjective if a player is a good teammate you are just too slow to know that . As far as the others that you are speaking of they are rarely in late in blowout games unlike BC stat padders . You obviously don’t even watch the kid play or you would not bring up her assist numbers. Seems you skipped over her former teammates opinion of her . North will not win it and it is most likely Scanes to lose as she has proven herself to be virtually unstoppable unlike North . I am not one of those who are involved in the selection process but I am friendly with one of the selection committee . I do agree she will have several things in common w Apuzzo ..

Over 100 draw controls + best pure offensive player= Tewaaratan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Division I women's lacrosse a teams record is not a very good measure of a team. With such disparity of ability and team strength in the Division I ranks a teams record means very little.

I am starting to think that a teams record is a very good indicator. You have been harping on this a little too much. Rutgers, Ohio State, Penn State. Michigan....just not that good. Maryland better hope they get in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think a teams record matters in Women’s Lacrosse? Do you actually believe a teams record is reflective of where a team stands in relation to all Division I Teams? Please explain the logic behind that opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over 100 draw controls + best pure offensive player= Tewaaratan

My favorite CN stat padding goal was the last one against USC , game essentially over with the announcer saying BC will hold the ball until the game over ,sophomore BC player has open goal but elects to pump fake at the goal but makes the mistake of passing to CN who runs to goal and puts in a cheap one , no teammates congratulate her . Maybe she was trying to get a younger player a draw control. CN has been shut down multiple times this year , Scane has not . Scane has elevated her team to be the best in their conference , North not even close . Scane has teammates who actually like playing with her ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like North or Scane for T. Ortega is 3rd, won't get it. North and Scane on another level. Incredible players to watch. Stop trying to put down a player who's talent is off the charts. I'd be happy to see either one of them get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am starting to think that a teams record is a very good indicator. You have been harping on this a little too much. Rutgers, Ohio State, Penn State. Michigan....just not that good. Maryland better hope they get in[/quote]

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A teams record is absolutely a very good indicator of how teams compare.

4/19/21 - Top 30

1 - North Carolina: 14 - 0

2 - Northwestern: 11 - 0

3 - Stanford: 8 - 0

4 - Jacksonville: 6 - 0

5 - Boston College: 11 - 1

6 - Syracuse: 11 - 1

7 - Drexel: 10 - 1

8 - Denver: 10 - 1

9 - Fairfield: 8 - 1

10 - Richmond: 8 - 1

11 - Elon: 8 - 1

12 - Mt. St Mary's: 11 - 2

13 - UMass: 11 - 2

14 - Florida: 11 - 2

15 - Robert Morris: 10 - 2

16 - Davidson: 10 - 2

17 - LIU: 9 - 2

18 - Loyola: 8 - 2

19 - Monmouth: 7 - 2

20 - Stony Brook: 7 - 2

21 - Siena: 6 - 2

22 - Temple: 10 - 3

23 - Furman: 9 - 3

24 - Lehigh: 6 - 3

25 - Navy: 6 - 3

26 - Niagra: 5 - 3

27 - Duquesne: 4 - 3

28 - Vanderbilt: 11 - 4

29 - Arizona St: 8 - 4

30 - Towson: 8 - 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN is the most dynamic and dominant player playing in the toughest conference. She plays the game at a different level than everyone else. That is obvious. She is also an elite draw specialist - perhaps the best in the country. Scane is a great offensive talent as well but its hard to say that she is not stat padding at all when she shoots 13 times per game and the average margin of victory for NW this year is 10 goals. Their games are pretty much over in the first 15 minutes of each game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People on this thread are funny. Team record doesn’t matter. Player stats don’t matter. It’s “well I watch games” and then some whining diatribe about “the conference is the best” or “teammates don’t like the player”. Sorry.... record and stats matter. If they didn’t why play the games. I get that people have an agenda but the excuses never stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People on this thread are funny. Team record doesn’t matter. Player stats don’t matter. It’s “well I watch games” and then some whining diatribe about “the conference is the best” or “teammates don’t like the player”. Sorry.... record and stats matter. If they didn’t why play the games. I get that people have an agenda but the excuses never stop.

I guess that you would agree with the rankings below...

4/19/21 - Top 30

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CN is the most dynamic and dominant player playing in the toughest conference. She plays the game at a different level than everyone else. That is obvious. She is also an elite draw specialist - perhaps the best in the country. Scane is a great offensive talent as well but its hard to say that she is not stat padding at all when she shoots 13 times per game and the average margin of victory for NW this year is 10 goals. Their games are pretty much over in the first 15 minutes of each game.

Agree, it’s a two horse race. The Player whose team goes the furthest in the tournament will have an advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4/19/21 - Top 30

Obviously we will see in a few weeks. That’s why they PLAY the tournament games. Until then speculation is fun but still just speculation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4/19/21 - Top 30

Obviously we will see in a few weeks. That’s why they PLAY the tournament games. Until then speculation is fun but still just speculation.

I don’t think they are speculating, I believe they are making the point that a teams record is not necessarily a very good barometer for ranking teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North has been shut down multiple times this year ,Scane and Ortega have not. If you dont think her over the top celebrations will impact the tewaaraton selection committee you are wrong. Is she the flashiest player in the country yes , does taking essentially every draw even in blowout wins help her chances yes.For a player who has the ball in her stick as much as she does the lack of assists is noticeable. I hope a defender gets the award but unlikely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4/19/21 - Top 30

I don’t think they are speculating, I believe they are making the point that a teams record is not necessarily a very good barometer for ranking teams.

If the season were to end today how would the tournament look?

16 Automatic Bids

1 - AAC - Florida
2 - ACC - North Carolina
3 - AE - Stony Brook
4 - ASUN - Jacksonville
5 - A-10 - UMass
6 - Big E - Denver
7 - Big So - High Point
8 - B1G - Northwestern
9 - CAA - Drexel
10 - MAAC - Fairfield
11 - MAC - Robert Morris
12 - MPSF - UC Davis
13 - NEC - Mount St Marry's
14 - PAC12 - Stanford
15 - Patriot - Loyola
16 - SoCon - Furman

13 At Large Bids

1 - Boston College - ACC 11 - 1
2 - Syracuse - ACC 11 - 1
3 - Richmond - A10 8 - 1
4 - Elon - CAA 8 - 1
5 - Mount St Mary - NEC 10 - 2
6 - Davidson - A10 10 - 2
7 - LIU - NEC 9 - 2
8 - Monmouth - MAAC 7 - 2
9 - Siena - MAAC 6 - 2
10 - Temple - AAC 10 - 3
11 - Lehigh - Patriot 6 - 3
12 - Navy - Patriot 6 - 3
13 - Niagara - MAAC 5 - 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

North has been shut down multiple times this year ,Scane and Ortega have not. If you dont think her over the top celebrations will impact the tewaaraton selection committee you are wrong. Is she the flashiest player in the country yes , does taking essentially every draw even in blowout wins help her chances yes.For a player who has the ball in her stick as much as she does the lack of assists is noticeable. I hope a defender gets the award but unlikely.

Stop being jealous. She is amazing and it will be between her and Scane. Ortega a distant 3rd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4/19/21 - Top 30

16 Automatic Bids

1 - AAC - Florida
2 - ACC - North Carolina
3 - AE - Stony Brook
4 - ASUN - Jacksonville
5 - A-10 - UMass
6 - Big E - Denver
7 - Big So - High Point
8 - B1G - Northwestern
9 - CAA - Drexel
10 - MAAC - Fairfield
11 - MAC - Robert Morris
12 - MPSF - UC Davis
14 - PAC12 - Stanford
15 - Patriot - Loyola
16 - SoCon - Furman

13 At Large Bids

3 - Richmond - A10 8 - 1
4 - Elon - CAA 8 - 1
7 - LIU - NEC 9 - 2
9 - Siena - MAAC 6 - 2
10 - Temple - AAC 10 - 3

Four teams from the MAAC...they shouldn't get one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4/19/21 - Top 30

16 Automatic Bids

1 - AAC - Florida
2 - ACC - North Carolina
3 - AE - Stony Brook
4 - ASUN - Jacksonville
5 - A-10 - UMass
6 - Big E - Denver
7 - Big So - High Point
8 - B1G - Northwestern
9 - CAA - Drexel
10 - MAAC - Fairfield
11 - MAC - Robert Morris
12 - MPSF - UC Davis
14 - PAC12 - Stanford
15 - Patriot - Loyola
16 - SoCon - Furman

13 At Large Bids

3 - Richmond - A10 8 - 1
4 - Elon - CAA 8 - 1
7 - LIU - NEC 9 - 2
9 - Siena - MAAC 6 - 2
10 - Temple - AAC 10 - 3

Four teams from the MAAC...they shouldn't get one

Record, Record, Record.... own it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIU, seriously. Look who they played

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are embarrassing yourself with the record argument. apples to oranges

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIU, seriously. Look who they played

According to some on this site it doesn’t matter who you play. It’s all about your record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are embarrassing yourself with the record argument. apples to oranges

They are trying to prove their point that records do not matter by showing some ridiculous at large bids from traditionally weaker conferences. Listen we know that there are numerous conferences that are very weak. They are lucky to even get an automatic berth and will more than likely be beat by double digits. No one ever said teams like Niagara, Siena and Monmouth are better than your Big 10 teams you hold in such high regard. However there are teams that many believe should be ranked versus some of the Big 10 teams that are below .500 and only play in conference this year. The IL media poll is a little better this week as Maryland is 15, Hopkins is 16. Rutgers at 19 is a little sketchy. But again, the playoffs will be the final answer to these questions. The big concern for the Big 10 is will these teams be invited.

From your list above you may be able to add 2-3 more ACC teams with at large berths based upon their overall record, not just their in conference records (perhaps Duke, ND, Va). I personally think the CAA has some teams that could compete with all the Big 10 teams except of course Northwestern. Could Hofstra beat Hopkins again like last year? I think they can, they have 5 losses but 4 of them are Drexel (2X), Stony Brook and Boston College. Could a Temple beat a Rutgers team? I think they can, they have 3 losses all year to Drexel and Florida (2X). Your point is well taken and expressed more times that we care to read...we will see at the end.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 45 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard