BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 117 of 313 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given this year's parity, I truly believe coaching will be the deciding factor. Which staff has the leadership and Xs and Os ability to win the SHIP?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Given this year's parity, I truly believe coaching will be the deciding factor. Which staff has the leadership and Xs and Os ability to win the SHIP?
In a year of parity, which team will avoid imploding after a loss or two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More like mediocrity over parity. Maybe CH will get it together.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. Average lacrosse with little to no fire. This covid garbage has really messed with every aspect of society. Kids dont get sick, we have vaccines, and yet teams are told they cant play when 1 or 2 kids get it. Most of the Mid Atlantic still isn't playing. Every parent and grandparent has had the chance to get a shot, but we are limiting fans and still need to sit 6 feet (or sometimes 3 feet?? apart. Sad Sad Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the MIAA have a gpa requirement to play? Or is that up to each individual school?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Lids got on Ty. Predictable

Easy there Big Girl , Sorry your son isnt on the radar of top talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. Average lacrosse with little to no fire. This covid garbage has really messed with every aspect of society. Kids dont get sick, we have vaccines, and yet teams are told they cant play when 1 or 2 kids get it. Most of the Mid Atlantic still isn't playing. Every parent and grandparent has had the chance to get a shot, but we are limiting fans and still need to sit 6 feet (or sometimes 3 feet?? apart. Sad Sad Sad.

Stop being logical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop crying Karen...the kids are playing...enjoy what you have

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CH loses one game to a good STM team and now the league is mediocrity ? Really Spalding is finally playing well in the league also. Championship is a navy now. There is a new era in the miaa and the blue blood Baltimore types detest it........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is no longer the case. With new variants of COVID-19 being seen across the country that are more contagious and deadlier we are seeing many kids in our ERs who are extremely sick. COVID-19 is not going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately and until we had the majority of the population vaccinated we must continue to take necessary precautions to keep everyone safe.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
School decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Jim Acosta

This is no longer the case. With new variants of COVID-19 being seen across the country that are more contagious and deadlier we are seeing many kids in our ERs who are extremely sick. COVID-19 is not going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately and until we had the majority of the population vaccinated we must continue to take necessary precautions to keep everyone safe.

I agree with this guy. Double mask inside your home and stay in the basement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop watching CNN....Deaths are going down, people that are vulnerable have been vaccinated. Kids that do get COVID are fine. You may be miserable, but the rest of us are living our lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

I bet you watch CNN too. Stay in your home with your mask on and continue to drive your car with your mask on. It’s the flu, vaccines are out, go get one. LET THE KIDS PLAY AND LET THE SPECTATORS WATCH!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CH loses one game to a good STM team and now the league is mediocrity ? Really Spalding is finally playing well in the league also. Championship is a navy now. There is a new era in the miaa and the blue blood Baltimore types detest it........

There are more wannabe blue bloods than real blue bloods nowadays.
Most of the loudmouth are the ones who went to public school themselves and bashed privates growing up.
Now they are sending their kids to privates for the first time and stroking that check for education makes them think it entitles them to be a fool.

The league is awesome. All of these programs place kids and develop them. But there are definitely differences and nuances to how they do it.
Each school is very different. But the lax is all good. To each their own

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey- the reason to private bash is because they are full of strivers. My neighbor (public school grad) couldn’t get her kid into the schools his siblings attend (!) so she sent him to another catholic school that is full of city kids running away from city publics. Well that school is closing this year (because they sub tuition too much) and she can’t bear to send her kid to the top rated blue ribbon elementary full of kids from Hopkins parents just because she can’t stomach to tell everyone her kid goes public. While the private are full of people that are nothing to brag about. First gen private school kids- their parents are a pain!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"So true. Average lacrosse with little to no fire."

Have you watched the games in this league this year?!
Not sure what you're watching.
I've stopped by BL and St M's and It's been some excellent lacrosse. Very talented kids, exciting games, and some fantastic coaching schemes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t forgot that CH lost arguably the best player in the MIAA for the season... 4yr starter going to UVA

I think the league is in a great position with parity this season.. it makes almost every game exciting..

With regard to covid, just strap a fan to your forehead to blow it away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t forgot that CH lost arguably the best player in the MIAA for the season... 4yr starter going to UVA

I think the league is in a great position with parity this season.. it makes almost every game exciting..

Yes double holdback and injuries are part of the game. Btw BL lost their best player also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kid is a junior. So, he has played one year and a couple of games, but hey 4 year starter is close enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid is a junior. So, he has played one year and a couple of games, but hey 4 year starter is close enough.

He started as a Freshman and averaged something like 3 goals a game (for the best team in the country). He also started as a Sophomore for the few games before Covid. He started this year as a Junior before the injury. He will certainly start next year as well.

So "four year" starter seems accurate.

Or we could refer to him as the 4th ranked 2022 recruit.

Regardless, it's a big loss for CH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son has been on JV 9th and 10th grade. Good luck next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ignorance is bliss; surely not what I am saying but KIDS GET SICK!!! I am assuming you voted for Mr Orange? lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He started as a Freshman and averaged something like 3 goals a game (for the best team in the country). He also started as a Sophomore for the few games before Covid. He started this year as a Junior before the injury. He will certainly start next year as well.

So "four year" starter seems accurate.

Or we could refer to him as the 4th ranked 2022 recruit.

Regardless, it's a big loss for CH.

I saw the video of the last minute of the CHC-SM game... with CHC trailing by one and in possession of the ball. When it mattered most CHC was failing at throwing and catching.... they retrieved one missed pass just before it went out of bounds... a few seconds later they threw it away and a SM sophomore SSDM (on age, BTW) won the GB with two CHC guys next to him. To me it seems that CHC has bigger problems than the absence of one guy.

It's all right there on YouTube.... Google "Final minute Calvert Hall/St. Mary's lacrosse 04/09/21"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the MIAA have a gpa requirement to play? Or is that up to each individual school?

School decision to allow a player that is failing to continue playing. Public school mentality. Everyone can play as long as they contribute to the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ignorance is bliss; surely not what I am saying but KIDS GET SICK!!! I am assuming you voted for Mr Orange? lol

Kids 16 and older can get vaccinated. It's not hard to get an appointment these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait? What? Kids get sick?? Of course they do you big dummy!! I know it's hard to believe, but kids actually got sick before Covid and they will get sick after Covid. I bet you are typing on your keyboard with latex gloves, double masked, face shield and goggles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not 3?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Married with kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL? Keep riding in your car alone with your mask on, lady. Kids get sick all the time. I call BS that “we” are seeing “many kids in our ERs” because fake media or not, if that was happening, the whole world would be hearing about it. Different variants just like the flu has. ICU beds and deaths down. Stop the fear mongering. Turn off your tv. Go outside and live your life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Lids be able to dump money into Navy to make them a competitor in the conference? 💪🏽

Not sure but he will will dump money to make sure his kid starts. Loyola lefty who is much better going there from the 2021class. That kind might want to reconsider because Lids will make sure all of a sudden his kid is better

Say what you want about the dad but the kid can play and on their club team he clearly outplayed and was far more productive than the BL Lefty and that’s a fact. That boy gets far less criticism because his dad is royalty as TR get torn apart because he isn’t in good ole boys club. Go watch elite 8 midnight tournament and tell me who was more productive. Stop this nonsense going after the player or go after every player who’s dad is involved

Agree with every part of this. RR earns everything he gets and some because he is criticized so heavily because people dislike his father. Also very true about the BL lefty comp in seeing them over the summer. Wonder why he isn’t under the microscope regardless Spalding is real

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess this means you voted for the 47 year career political stunad/do nothing that can barely form coherent sentences and gets a second paycheck from China? All because the little box in your living room taught you "Orange Man Bad" in between episodes of The View and Jimmy Kimmel, but only when you were not busy getting estrogen injections?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse, not politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dingers are gonna win another JV championship. Too bad it doesn’t translate to championships at the Varsity level. But its something they can hang their hat on I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Marys vs MSJ - cancelled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

School decision to allow a player that is failing to continue playing. Public school mentality. Everyone can play as long as they contribute to the team.

That's one jaded way to translate the vague, general MIAA policy.
But the reality is the league is huge. It's Not just the "A" schools in the full conference. It's up to individual schools to determine what "eligible" means and almost all have stringent eligibility standards, yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait? What? Kids get sick?? Of course they do you big dummy!! I know it's hard to believe, but kids actually got sick before Covid and they will get sick after Covid. I bet you are typing on your keyboard with latex gloves, double masked, face shield and goggles.

Yeah 3 died in my Pediatric ICU this past month; so yes ma’am they get sick with COVID and die. Please do not come at me about this issue; you’re mentality is why the numbers are back to where we were in January.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Canceled or postponed due to covid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Canceled or postponed due to covid?
MSJ and St. Paul's are both on Covid pause.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah 3 died in my Pediatric ICU this past month; so yes ma’am they get sick with COVID and die. Please do not come at me about this issue; you’re mentality is why the numbers are back to where we were in January.

Interesting b/c there have only been 3 deaths of kids aged 0-9 in the entire State of Maryland in over a year yet you claim three happened in one month in your ICU. Right. Maybe you should do a little research before you make something up.

Like Reply Quote
Page 117 of 313 1 2 115 116 117 118 119 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard