Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 06:38 AM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 06:20 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 04:39 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 12:44 AM
West Islip varsity vs Shoreham Wading River today
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 12:24 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,365
Posts291,055
Members2,287
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 81 of 92 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 91 92
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326740 04/13/21 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you folks realize that with all the money you drop on Lax, chasing the elusive "scholarship", that you could pay for a college education 2x over? And if a lax scholarship is the only way a kid can get into a college then the parents would be better served paying for a tutor, not a "Showcase tourney". Wake up. Prepare your kids for life, not lax.... And lax is not life, contrary to what the sheep say...baaah baaaah!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326748 04/13/21 02:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So $325 for each of the 25 man roster. So that is $8,125 in registration fees for each team. Nice try telling yourself that your club is picking this up and that this is the cost of another tournament. Most tournaments have registration fees of $1300 to $2250 (Depending on 1 day or 2 day tournaments). Name me a club director who is shelling out of his own pocket $8k to register a team. This is another a la cart fee. Pay $3-4k for the basic package and then add in additional trainings, playdates and tournaments (not to mention travel/hotel/food costs). Just stop with the madness. People have a right to spend their money as they wish. The $325 may be a great experience and worth it, and it is up to every person/team to decide to go, but no way clubs are picking this up. Wake up.

Do all clubs charge an additional fee on top?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326751 04/13/21 02:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you folks realize that with all the money you drop on Lax, chasing the elusive "scholarship", that you could pay for a college education 2x over? And if a lax scholarship is the only way a kid can get into a college then the parents would be better served paying for a tutor, not a "Showcase tourney". Wake up. Prepare your kids for life, not lax.... And lax is not life, contrary to what the sheep say...baaah baaaah!

Who said anything about scholarship?

For most, it’s not about the scholarship...this is clear given the limited number of them available in lax.

It’s about continuing the love of the game, while learning many life lessons through highly competitive sports, and then leveraging experiences to get consideration into a competitive academic stretch school.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326780 04/13/21 06:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are right on with your comments about the right club and the right coach. If you play for a top tier elite club with a good coach that is well connected you have a leg up on everyone else. It's just the way it is. When we had Covid last year and no lax our coach was able to have college coaches talk to our kids via zoom about college lax and what they look for in kids etc. We continuously have college kids come to practices and work with the kids all through the network. Our club had 15 D-1 commits this past year as well. The coach drove the connections and made sure the kids were fit with the right schools for looks and it was all based on relationships. Sure the video's and showcases were part of it, but ultimately the club team and coach was responsible for the success of the program and the kids moving on to play at the next level. I saw it and have been living it first hand.

Amazing. What club is this?

What club?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326836 04/14/21 07:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are right on with your comments about the right club and the right coach. If you play for a top tier elite club with a good coach that is well connected you have a leg up on everyone else. It's just the way it is. When we had Covid last year and no lax our coach was able to have college coaches talk to our kids via zoom about college lax and what they look for in kids etc. We continuously have college kids come to practices and work with the kids all through the network. Our club had 15 D-1 commits this past year as well. The coach drove the connections and made sure the kids were fit with the right schools for looks and it was all based on relationships. Sure the video's and showcases were part of it, but ultimately the club team and coach was responsible for the success of the program and the kids moving on to play at the next level. I saw it and have been living it first hand.

Amazing. What club is this?

What club?

Plenty of clubs had college coaches. It’s called mass recruiting. It’s an easy win-win for the coaches and the kids. If your organization didn’t do that, then you didn’t even get the basics!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326841 04/14/21 08:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do you folks realize that with all the money you drop on Lax, chasing the elusive "scholarship", that you could pay for a college education 2x over? And if a lax scholarship is the only way a kid can get into a college then the parents would be better served paying for a tutor, not a "Showcase tourney". Wake up. Prepare your kids for life, not lax.... And lax is not life, contrary to what the sheep say...baaah baaaah!

Who said anything about scholarship?

For most, it’s not about the scholarship...this is clear given the limited number of them available in lax.

It’s about continuing the love of the game, while learning many life lessons through highly competitive sports, and then leveraging experiences to get consideration into a competitive academic stretch school.

Why do so many of you think lacrosse is helping with your admission. You get NO CONSIDERATION if you are not "recruited" by a particular school Lacrosse does nothing for your reach school if you are not offered a spot by that school. Coaches are only given a few spots each year to get a student admitted with a slightly lower admission standard, some schools not at all.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326844 04/14/21 08:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are right on with your comments about the right club and the right coach. If you play for a top tier elite club with a good coach that is well connected you have a leg up on everyone else. It's just the way it is. When we had Covid last year and no lax our coach was able to have college coaches talk to our kids via zoom about college lax and what they look for in kids etc. We continuously have college kids come to practices and work with the kids all through the network. Our club had 15 D-1 commits this past year as well. The coach drove the connections and made sure the kids were fit with the right schools for looks and it was all based on relationships. Sure the video's and showcases were part of it, but ultimately the club team and coach was responsible for the success of the program and the kids moving on to play at the next level. I saw it and have been living it first hand.

Amazing. What club is this?

What club?

No club besides express or 91 has 15 D1 commits. Also if you really look at their commit list there are a handful of fools going to Acc/Ivy/Big10. Those players are going there regardless of which club they play for. The rest of the list is very mediocre. Point is cream rises to the top and if you're not a stud then you better work all your angles. If you're at express you better be at StAs or Cham and vice versa.

Last edited by JesLax1; 04/14/21 09:02 AM.
Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #326850 04/14/21 08:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are they still calling it the WSYL when there are no International Teams? Part of the experience was travelling to Denver, now moved to The District of Storm the Capital, meeting and playing teams you don't normally see. I am so excited to spend a week in DC playing the same teams we'll see all Spring. Can't wait. See you there.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326871 04/14/21 10:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 MD 2022 Fire Will Schaller, University of MD; Mason Quick, Utah; Max Watkinson, Loyola; Jake Bair, Marquette; Jimmy Kohr, Boston U; Collin Campbell, St. Josephs; Cardin Stoller, Rutgers; Nathan Crouse, Air Force; Haydin Sommer, Army; Johnny Cool, Ohio State; Malachi Jones, Virginia. These are the 11 that are posted on Inside Lacrosse if you want to look it up. There are 8 more players on the team that have not committed yet and at least 4 if not more are D1 prospects and will commit. Sorry not BS......

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326878 04/14/21 10:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
W$YL

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326883 04/14/21 11:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91 MD 2022 Fire Will Schaller, University of MD; Mason Quick, Utah; Max Watkinson, Loyola; Jake Bair, Marquette; Jimmy Kohr, Boston U; Collin Campbell, St. Josephs; Cardin Stoller, Rutgers; Nathan Crouse, Air Force; Haydin Sommer, Army; Johnny Cool, Ohio State; Malachi Jones, Virginia. These are the 11 that are posted on Inside Lacrosse if you want to look it up. There are 8 more players on the team that have not committed yet and at least 4 if not more are D1 prospects and will commit. Sorry not BS......
Your statement was this past year, which would have been 2021, now your saying 2022. 11 is also a long way from 15. Just because it's posted on IL doesn't mean a thing, its a non binding verbal commitment. Some real high level academic institutions you got there.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326894 04/14/21 12:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry man they committed this past year for future 2022's - you follow the kids I mentioned and look at the other 8 players that are on that team. You'll be surprised there are at least 4 more that will all go to top tier schools. All play in the MIAA and are studs. It's all good my friend just proving the point.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326923 04/14/21 02:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry man they committed this past year for future 2022's - you follow the kids I mentioned and look at the other 8 players that are on that team. You'll be surprised there are at least 4 more that will all go to top tier schools. All play in the MIAA and are studs. It's all good my friend just proving the point.
Stick to the script. This is a 2025 forum. Please continue to bash the W$YL. If you need some new material, I'm sure there are some 2025 $howcase$. After that you can post about your commitment to Nassau or Suffolk CC.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #326927 04/14/21 03:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL = World SCAM of Youth Lax...... Are all the qualifiers over? Maybe they can have a secondary qualifying tournament to actually get enough teams to hold a tournament? If not, just move it to Garden City as it will be all of the LI teams anyway. Fundraiser event: Put all directors in dunk tanks.....And CHARGE THEM $5 for each throw....

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326942 04/14/21 05:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you busy?

Like Reply Quote
Page 81 of 92 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 91 92
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4