Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 11:18 AM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 10:52 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 10:33 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 10:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,366
Posts291,094
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 310 of 330 1 2 308 309 310 311 312 329 330
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #326877 04/14/21 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There does seem to be a dearth of talent in the MIAA "A" this year, especially in the Sr class. I would say the same thing about the IAAM. How many current Srs in the MIAA/IAAM will make an impact as freshmen in college? Both conferences have had a great run of kids going to college and playing right away. I guess as fans/observers, we have been spoiled and are having to deal with an overall down year.
Let’s just round up all the 21’s and throw them in the river and start over. Who are you? A 22 dad whose kid is losing playing time to a 21?

I am the parent of a 21 and I have older children that played in the MIAA/IAAM. I could be wrong but it does seem like a down year overall with regard to the local seniors. More importantly, the matriculation lists for the schools in Baltimore are shaping up to be tremendous, especially in a brutally difficult year for college admissions.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #326884 04/14/21 11:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There does seem to be a dearth of talent in the MIAA "A" this year, especially in the Sr class. I would say the same thing about the IAAM. How many current Srs in the MIAA/IAAM will make an impact as freshmen in college? Both conferences have had a great run of kids going to college and playing right away. I guess as fans/observers, we have been spoiled and are having to deal with an overall down year.
Let’s just round up all the 21’s and throw them in the river and start over. Who are you? A 22 dad whose kid is losing playing time to a 21?

I am the parent of a 21 and I have older children that played in the MIAA/IAAM. I could be wrong but it does seem like a down year overall with regard to the local seniors. More importantly, the matriculation lists for the schools in Baltimore are shaping up to be tremendous, especially in a brutally difficult year for college admissions.

I would agree. If you look at either the UA or Nike underclass games as a proxy, I am not sure Baltimore even made it out of pool play this past Summer/Fall. I know that isn't everything (that is why it is called a proxy). The 20 class was dominate nationally, but the 21 class in Baltimore just isn't that good and it is tough to play the elite teams without talented senior leadership. It's just an anomaly, so don't go running for the closest bridge...it'll be ok!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326891 04/14/21 11:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why lots of kids are looking at schools that are traditionally NOT MIAA powers right now.
Teams like AS, JC, MSJ and Svrn are seeing a spike in interest. And still placing lots of kids on D1 teams.
Want to be one of 100+ lax players currently enrolled at McD, LB, CH or BL?
Want to wait 3 years to see time only to have a transfer from Colorado come in mid-term and beat you out?
I don't blame these kids/parents for looking elsewhere and trying to maximize their playing time.
And lets be honest, kids from those smaller programs will have LOTS of good game film against top tier talent.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #326895 04/14/21 12:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Lids got on Ty. Predictable

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326907 04/14/21 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
uh oh karen is triggered

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326908 04/14/21 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just received an email from Legendary Sports Group about the The Lids MIAA Championships to be hosted at Navy.

Pure Gold.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326914 04/14/21 01:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just received an email from Legendary Sports Group about the The Lids MIAA Championships to be hosted at Navy.

Pure Gold.

The script has already been written. We are just living it out now. Enjoy the ride.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326915 04/14/21 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pure Gold.

He must think they will be in one of the games.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #326924 04/14/21 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given this year's parity, I truly believe coaching will be the deciding factor. Which staff has the leadership and Xs and Os ability to win the SHIP?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326943 04/14/21 05:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given this year's parity, I truly believe coaching will be the deciding factor. Which staff has the leadership and Xs and Os ability to win the SHIP?
In a year of parity, which team will avoid imploding after a loss or two.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326948 04/14/21 06:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More like mediocrity over parity. Maybe CH will get it together.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326954 04/14/21 07:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. Average lacrosse with little to no fire. This covid garbage has really messed with every aspect of society. Kids dont get sick, we have vaccines, and yet teams are told they cant play when 1 or 2 kids get it. Most of the Mid Atlantic still isn't playing. Every parent and grandparent has had the chance to get a shot, but we are limiting fans and still need to sit 6 feet (or sometimes 3 feet?? apart. Sad Sad Sad.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #326966 04/14/21 10:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the MIAA have a gpa requirement to play? Or is that up to each individual school?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326970 04/15/21 05:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there Big Girl , Sorry your son isnt on the radar of top talent.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326971 04/15/21 06:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. Average lacrosse with little to no fire. This covid garbage has really messed with every aspect of society. Kids dont get sick, we have vaccines, and yet teams are told they cant play when 1 or 2 kids get it. Most of the Mid Atlantic still isn't playing. Every parent and grandparent has had the chance to get a shot, but we are limiting fans and still need to sit 6 feet (or sometimes 3 feet?? apart. Sad Sad Sad.

Stop being logical.

Like Reply Quote
Page 310 of 330 1 2 308 309 310 311 312 329 330
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard