BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who are the top clubs in this age group?

YJ Weiner and Legacy- top guns 24s are weak.

Both are at the top of the 2024 bracket but neither are very impressive. They are solid A teams with good coaching, but neither are at an AA level.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone do the kilgus all American training?

u should definitely do kilgus if you get the chance

When Kilgus badmouths laxon to plug her own company in. It’s similar to lax on- just a smoke and mirrors show.

This is funny. Whenever anyone asks about a good program there is always a troll. Kilgus' training is lightyears ahead of laxon, that being said, not every kid can hang in Kilgus' sessions so laxon might be good for some.

My kid does kilgus training and my kid cant wait to go again. The kids love it! They do all kinds of different traing and yes they scrimmage which is the kids favorite part. Keep send your kid to training where they dont want to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both are at the top of the 2024 bracket but neither are very impressive. They are solid A teams with good coaching, but neither are at an AA level.

It's really YJ Weiner and then everyone else. And yes YJ is probably not quite in the same class as the top Maryland teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's really YJ Weiner and then everyone else. And yes YJ is probably not quite in the same class as the top Maryland teams.

How does Weiner do against 2023 teams. Haven’t they played them in winter league? Are they competitive playing up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone do the kilgus all American training?

u should definitely do kilgus if you get the chance

When Kilgus badmouths laxon to plug her own company in. It’s similar to lax on- just a smoke and mirrors show.

This is funny. Whenever anyone asks about a good program there is always a troll. Kilgus' training is lightyears ahead of laxon, that being said, not every kid can hang in Kilgus' sessions so laxon might be good for some.

The same thing happened when a bunch of positive feedback was said about Tilts a few weeks ago. Accused of it being her even though it was those who actually train with her, myself included. It didn’t take long for someone who felt threatened to come in and attack a bunch of young women. From the looks of it, my guess is a YJ coach. They have the most to lose since there is a lot of negative talk from 2024 jackets parents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone been talking about American Select vs Under Armour this year ? I am hearing mixed reports of people up north (CT & NY) maybe heading to AS this year instead of UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that why YJ Wiener won Nationals the last year it was played! And, that was against the top Maryland team! Just OK? Really? Is this an M&D parent!?!? Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that UA and American Selects are on the same weekend. I would imagine a-lot of Bees go to American Selects as the two directors for LI, look to be YJs. Leaves more room open for other LI girls at UA smile. What’s everyone’s consensus of which is better? UA or American Selects?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see that UA and American Selects are on the same weekend. I would imagine a-lot of Bees go to American Selects as the two directors for LI, look to be YJs. Leaves more room open for other LI girls at UA smile. What’s everyone’s consensus of which is better? UA or American Selects?

Definitely UA, not even close!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that why YJ Wiener won Nationals the last year it was played! And, that was against the top Maryland team! Just OK? Really? Is this an M&D parent!?!? Lol

The top Md teams weren’t there. Heros is maybe 4th and Md United way down there. Congrats though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be close. Long Island the reason there is a AS. The coach picking his kids and others saying too political. Kids will try out and pay for Select before UA has tryouts. They will get leftovers. Coaching looks solid in Select regions too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are YJ and we are doing UA. Would have sone both if it would have been on different weekends ! That was a miss on YJs part.
It will be easier to make AS, more girls will be selected bc teams are on age, not combined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be close. Long Island the reason there is a AS. The coach picking his kids and others saying too political. Kids will try out and pay for Select before UA has tryouts. They will get leftovers. Coaching looks solid in Select regions too.

The only thing you might be right about is that girls will try out for both. But there is no way a girl who makes UA declines for AS. AS is a money grab and not a proven event at this time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy? Thought their top girls went over to Weiner a couple years ago? I would say Liberty is the second best team in this age group after Weiner. I agree Top Guns is weak and do not do nearly as much as the other programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except you will pay and lose money to accept As before knowing if your kid makes uA. Roll the dice big guy !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats ironic that you say it started because UA was to political. Did you see who is coaching the 2024 team at America Select? The 2024 Weiner trainer/coach and the 2024 Legacy coach. The team will be every Weiner girl who doesn't make UA then backfilled with Legacy girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW “probable Maryland parent” regarding Wiener winning at Nationals. The only reason the “top” MD teams weren’t there is they were probably all too old to attend! So, the ones there were of the right age group and actual 2024s! Now, go pick on someone your own age group .... perhaps the 2022 thread?! And, congrats on playing girls prob. 2 years younger than your MD daughters!! Congrats!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s coaching Long Island UA Command team? I don’t thInk that will be the best representation for 24/25s from Long Island? A lot of top kids will also be at Nationals during UA - LI tryouts. Heard UA didn’t care! Wouldn’t change tryout date. So, it’s Not going to get some of the best LI 24/25 talent trying out? If they cared to get the best talent to try out, they would have changed tryout date. Last year seemed like a total mess!? UA was supposed to change things up after so many complaints from last year!? Doesn’t look like they changed anything?? Do they really care about integrity of it and what it used to represent?! Or, has it become just another “money grab”?! Hmmmm Maybe time for a new event with more integrity???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals does it by actual birth year for a reason! To stop the whole nonsense of the holdbacks at that age group when players are still developing! HS and College is different, The player would have had a chance to develop in size and strength. But, of course a lot of the MD players would have gotten in an extra few years of playing by HS/college too! Some are fully developed in 8th grade driving themselves to practice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you seriously talking about the US Lacrosse Nationals? The most useless, meaningless, uncompetitive tournament that ever existed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax on trainings are to avoid getting smoked by real competition
What that does that mean. So if you train with Laxon you are trying not to get smoked by competition. Since when does trainings have competition. Why does it matter who coaches your daughter outside there club team. If your kid is comfortable with that trainer that’s all that matters. This page has become absurd. Now after kids and teams get crapped on we go after people who do trainings. Get a life! All you people talking about only A players get top schools who cares. You not getting full rides and little Susie will leave that big name college with a huge student loan debt and probably like most who aren’t top 5 on that A team just ride the bench. But Mommy and Daddy can wear that college sweatshirt and pump out there chests proudly. After college there’s no more lacrosse unless you are a name like KO.

Someone made the laxon ladies mad!

Anyone that has an ounce of lacrosse knowledge laughs hysterically at the lax on training videos. It is cringeworthy but that’s what makes it work. She has all the low level players that do not know any better The more they post the more ridiculous

So many posts every day to try and make them look better. They even have someone editing all their videos.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you seriously talking about the US Lacrosse Nationals? The most useless, meaningless, uncompetitive tournament that ever existed?

Agreed!! It's a total joke! Win Lax for the Cure, then we'll talk!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the Maryland parent who’s daughter probably never played in Nationals?! Probably due to the fact, she was too old!? She was probably busy taking drivers Education classes during Nationals! If the MD Top 2024 teams were age appropriate, I’m sure they would attend to prove their dominance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says the Maryland parent who’s daughter probably never played in Nationals?! Probably due to the fact, she was too old!? She was probably busy taking drivers Education classes during Nationals! If the MD Top 2024 teams were age appropriate, I’m sure they would attend to prove their dominance.

Stop whining and making excuses for your daughter. You realize that all the '24 girls are in the same recruiting class. The fact that you're bragging about winning "Nationals" shows how ignorant you are about the talent in the age group. Like I said, win LFC, then your team is legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW “probable Maryland parent” regarding Wiener winning at Nationals. The only reason the “top” MD teams weren’t there is they were probably all too old to attend! So, the ones there were of the right age group and actual 2024s! Now, go pick on someone your own age group .... perhaps the 2022 thread?! And, congrats on playing girls prob. 2 years younger than your MD daughters!! Congrats!

Or the fact that it’s a late season tourney that doesn’t generate much interest after Lax for the cure and Mid atlantic. Where all the top teams play. As for the playbacks , keep telling yourself that. All the current 24 kids will be in college together at same time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s up with UA All American Organizers?!?! Don't they want the best LI players to represent LI at that event? In the 24/25 age group, I don’t think that will be the case this year? They have decided to keep tryout date on the same day many of the top 24/25 LI talent will be at Nationals and not able to try-out. I would think the top players, choose team over individual accolades?

Rumor is, UA organizer were told almost immediately after tryouts posted of the conflict? They still did not budge on the try out date?! It’s a one day try out and they seemed to have had plenty of time to find a new date?! They are doing a huge disservice to their event and the 24/25 LI Girls and the LI Command team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey MD ..., You know your top teams can’t go to Nationals due to birth certificate “issues”! Or... you would be there just to claim dominance! No one is bragging, just stating facts about age differences in the top teams from LI and MD . MD parents seem to love to get 2 extra years of LAX in for their girls by “re-classing” them just for lacrosse purposes! They should go to birth year in lacrosse and then MD teams would be screwed! And, it seems that LI girls do just fine at college level! Some of the top college players are from LI!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s up with UA All American Organizers?!?! Don't they want the best LI players to represent LI at that event? In the 24/25 age group, I don’t think that will be the case this year? They have decided to keep tryout date on the same day many of the top 24/25 LI talent will be at Nationals and not able to try-out. I would think the top players, choose team over individual accolades?

Rumor is, UA organizer were told almost immediately after tryouts posted of the conflict? They still did not budge on the try out date?! It’s a one day try out and they seemed to have had plenty of time to find a new date?! They are doing a huge disservice to their event and the 24/25 LI Girls and the LI Command team.

Best girls will be at UA, and they know it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, they will blow off their teams for Nationals? Stay home and try out for UA for personal accolade?? Are they really the best girls then?? Define “best”? I think Colleges want “team players” and not selfish ones. Plus, I don’t think their coach’s will be very happy with them and they may not get a spot on current team next year!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt Best LI 24/25 girls will be at UA tryouts, if they leave date as is? I don’t think they will want to lax the YJ hive off by not going to Nationals with their team. Top talent will be away at Nationals. LI Highlight team will be totally watered down, and not a true representation for LI talent at the UA event. I think AS will get the top talent for that age group this year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s time to worry about yourself. The team isn’t getting recruited. UA is a way more important accolade than a lacrosse tournament that nobody cares about. The only loyalty should be to the HS team. Besides, these club teams have double the amount of kids they should, so if the better girls go to US they should still have a full roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why bother being on a club team and not just play HS Lacrosse and just do all the showcase stuff? Does the club not help with recruitment?

I’m afraid If my daughter does the UA tryouts and misses her Clubs commitment to play at Nationals. I think the coach would sit my daughter for a lot of the other important tournaments like LFC where they are seen and heavily recruited? Do You think more recruitment happens from being on a UA team than her club team at the big tournaments? Also, worried she may risk losing her spot on the club team for next year. Kind of tough age to be switching teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA caused this dilemma/problem of girls having to choose their Club event or the UA tryout. From my understanding .... They were told soon after tryout date release and they had plenty of time to get a new tryout date. They know it’s impacting lots of LI girls in that age group. It’s not just 1 or 2! It’s probably 100+ girls this affects in 24/25 age group? So, thanks UA for not supporting this group of girls! Your events loss, you will be missing some of the top players!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ has been instructed to try out for both and if they make the UA go to the UA. Which means you have to pay for AS now and make the decesion if fortunate enough to also get a UA invite. The majority of the team that won the UA girls Command last year have been instructed to do AS. Should be interesting. I think they both will be good but UA may offers more publicity as related to a possible senior game invite that is nationally televised in the future. UA is also connected with Team USA and US lacrosse. There is clealry a pissing match between UA & AS and we will apparently finance it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How has YJ instructed girls to try out for both? Aren’t most of their top 24 and 25 teams going to be at Nationals on the tryout date? Who’s that leave to tryout?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone talking about how Rooney had a 2024 team she was a head cosch of and never showed up to practices and then bailed.

We didn’t forget. We remember the missed practices and games. We won’t be leaving flg for her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no tryout date for UA. Because of the Schedule conflict with US nationals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, there is a date for girls Long Island UA tryouts on the UA website. The date July 14th has been there for quite some time now. That is same day as US Nationals. The time is still listed as TBD. The date is still listed as July 14th, 2021 at Cantiague Park.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UnderArmourLacrosse.Com has a date listed for the UA tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no tryout date for UA. Because of the Schedule conflict with US nationals.

Since when ?

Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard