BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 251 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 250 251
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax/Hawks at the end of season shaping up to be a good one.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did next level lose today??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hilarious everyone who had confidence in Next Level. Great athletes. But all they do is dodge 1 on 1. Coaching non-existent.

I was one of them, what was the score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA won 8-7 in overtime. NL parent. FCA did not look great and still won. The decline from the fall is something. Even the BLC game was close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8-7 FCA over Next Level. Great game!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So NL, question is what is happening? These scores are surprising.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks (-4) over Crabs

True (-7) over BLC

FCA (-1) over NL

Gotta give credit where credit is due...True won by 7, FCA won by 1...and the Hawks prediction was looking good until they pulled away late.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of it is that the kids are 11 and don’t always play their best. But coaching is a pretty obvious issue that anyone can see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of it is that the kids are 11 and don’t always play their best. But coaching is a pretty obvious issue that anyone can see.

I think this is right. If you look at the record when the head coach is there vs when he not it is pretty stark. Team is something like 11-0 and 10 of 11 wins by five goals or more when he is not there this year. When present, team is 12-4 and 7 of 16 games won by five or more. Direct opponent comparisons. Vs Cavs when present: Win by 3. Not present wins by 10 and 12. FCA when present, 2 losses and 1 win by 1. FCA when not there, win by 5.

Nice guy, but is really fixated on getting the ball in a set play to a handful of kids who then dodge 1 on 3, which leads to not great results. This team has a big athletic and speed advantage and scores easily in unsettled situations if coaches don’t get in the way and allow the ball to be shared more naturally rather than the artificial structure of a called play where defense has time to set. Team in the fall when HC was coaching older team was strong because of its depth and sharing of the ball. Now looks like a showcase team for a couple favored players and the results speak for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kid must not be getting the ball, but it’s probably a realistic assessment

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s the scorned lax parent We know and love. Why is the NL coach sometimes there and and sometimes not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions for this weekend:

Crabs over an unraveling NL by 2
Hawks over True by 4
Madlax takes care of FCA by 8

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays for Next Level. The coach is amazing. He teaches the kids so much and he's all about development and giving every kid a chance. Does any adult on this forum remember what their youth lacrosse record was in 5th grade? As parents, do you care about the team's record or do you care about your kid growing as a player and a person? The Next Level coach does things the right way on and off the field. It's true the team hasn't played well the last 3 games. It's also true they've been missing key kids in each of those games (which is not a good excuse for losing because I'm sure every other team has had same issue this spring -- but 3 games is a small sample size and both losses came on man down situations at end of 4th Q or OT). Next Level should be getting the full squad back soon. When they do, they'll be tough to beat. But there are a lot of strong teams in this division, so who knows? But I can tell you the Next Level coaches do an awesome job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to see the NL coach reads the forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 28's might be the only Dad coached team NL has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The topic of NL coaches is boring. I thought the purpose of these boards was to bash the Hawks and Madlax dads that wear vests. Let’s get back to that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Although we MUST start throwing the uneducated True parents into the mix. You know- add a little bit of spice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL doesn’t have dad coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays for Next Level. The coach is amazing. He teaches the kids so much and he's all about development and giving every kid a chance. Does any adult on this forum remember what their youth lacrosse record was in 5th grade? As parents, do you care about the team's record or do you care about your kid growing as a player and a person? The Next Level coach does things the right way on and off the field. It's true the team hasn't played well the last 3 games. It's also true they've been missing key kids in each of those games (which is not a good excuse for losing because I'm sure every other team has had same issue this spring -- but 3 games is a small sample size and both losses came on man down situations at end of 4th Q or OT). Next Level should be getting the full squad back soon. When they do, they'll be tough to beat. But there are a lot of strong teams in this division, so who knows? But I can tell you the Next Level coaches do an awesome job.

Thanks Coach ! Nice assessment of how you coach, but most of us want a W not excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this is right. If you look at the record when the head coach is there vs when he not it is pretty stark. Team is something like 11-0 and 10 of 11 wins by five goals or more when he is not there this year. When present, team is 12-4 and 7 of 16 games won by five or more. Direct opponent comparisons. Vs Cavs when present: Win by 3. Not present wins by 10 and 12. FCA when present, 2 losses and 1 win by 1. FCA when not there, win by 5.

Nice guy, but is really fixated on getting the ball in a set play to a handful of kids who then dodge 1 on 3, which leads to not great results. This team has a big athletic and speed advantage and scores easily in unsettled situations if coaches don’t get in the way and allow the ball to be shared more naturally rather than the artificial structure of a called play where defense has time to set. Team in the fall when HC was coaching older team was strong because of its depth and sharing of the ball. Now looks like a showcase team for a couple favored players and the results speak for themselves.

May be a reason your son is not getting the ball, ask the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The topic of NL coaches is boring. I thought the purpose of these boards was to bash the Hawks and Madlax dads that wear vests. Let’s get back to that.

Did you hear about the email the Madlax director sent to a HS player 10 years ago ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Talk to the coach. They are very responsive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2028 absolutely has a Dad coach and is listed on the site. The Dad also has a son on the 2026's and he asked/demanded to coach. The dad has a playing resume but so do lots of other parents of players at NL. I don't know why NL lets him coach his own son. It is opposite what they tell everyone and what people believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2028 absolutely has a Dad coach and is listed on the site. The Dad also has a son on the 2026's and he asked/demanded to coach. The dad has a playing resume but so do lots of other parents of players at NL. I don't know why NL lets him coach his own son. It is opposite what they tell everyone and what people believe.

This is wrong. The website is out of date. There was a dad who helped when the team was younger. The club director and a rotating group of non-dad assistant coaches coach the team now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL dad you might want to check “all about development and giving every kid a chance” line with parents of an older NL team. Mitchell play book is to line pockets with the young teams with talk of development and then recruit a new set of players for the older teams by offering free rides for players of other clubs. That’s how the 2024 and 2025 teams were built. Very few players from fifth grade still on those teams. Check the rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love the NL implosion posts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you hear about the email the Madlax director sent to a HS player 10 years ago ?
That’s a decade old dead horse tired of being beaten. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like you missed the joke buddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 4 Predictions

Crabs vs Next Level(-3)
Hawks(-4) vs True
Madlax vs FCA (-2)
Bye(-3) vs BLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 4 Predictions

Crabs vs Next Level(-3)
Hawks(-4) vs True
Madlax vs FCA (-2)
Bye(-3) vs BLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't this happen with many of the "elite" teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is wrong. The website is out of date. There was a dad who helped when the team was younger. The club director and a rotating group of non-dad assistant coaches coach the team now.

That was a different Dad. There is one left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL dad you might want to check “all about development and giving every kid a chance” line with parents of an older NL team. Mitchell play book is to line pockets with the young teams with talk of development and then recruit a new set of players for the older teams by offering free rides for players of other clubs. That’s how the 2024 and 2025 teams were built. Very few players from fifth grade still on those teams. Check the rosters.

NL, like a lot of clubs, have A and B teams. It doesn't surprise me the rosters change quite a bit as kids mature; their interests change; and players change rosters to get on better teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or the IG intimidation, or the roster cheating for years in a row, or the wholesale poaching of teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, and not your buddy. hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhhhhh, another internet tough. Probably watching games in your pink Vineyard Vines shirt and your "mall crawler" Jeep is parked in the parking lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 4 Predictions

Crabs vs Next Level(-3)
Hawks(-4) vs True
Madlax vs FCA (-2)
Bye(-3) vs BLC

NL over Crabs by 4
Hawks over True by 6
Madlax over FCA by 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahhhhhh, another internet tough. Probably watching games in your pink Vineyard Vines shirt and your "mall crawler" Jeep is parked in the parking lot.

What’s a mall crawler keep?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A mall crawler is a jeep that looks rugged and off-road ready, but really is used to drop kids off at practices or “the mall” in a somewhat dated reference. You’ll see tons of examples in the parking lots of fields across Howard County on sundays in the spring. Often a Madlax Dad in a vest will exit them. Also okay to refer to these vehicle as “brodozers” or a “street princess.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brodozer. Love that!

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 251 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 250 251
Quick Reply