Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
by Anonymous - 05/12/21 09:27 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/12/21 09:10 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/12/21 08:44 PM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 05/12/21 08:38 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 05/12/21 08:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,364
Posts290,926
Members2,285
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 84 of 85 1 2 82 83 84 85
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #326365 04/09/21 02:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Early predictions for NJ 2023 top club teams by end of summer:

1. Riot
2. Tri-State
3. Leading Edge
4. Bluestar
5. Southshore

Mark my words on Riot. Although I think there may be a PED issue.

Probably not too far off. Riot is pretty solid, but you may be underestimating Tri State, not a Tri State parent, however, they have upgraded with the SHP players, pushed out a lot of legacy kids. Bluestar tends to get overlooked, but there is a lot of talent on the team. Not so sure about Southshore, they seem comparable to Patriot

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #326370 04/09/21 05:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they will have one player in the Top 10 but these ranking are all BS. It is the coaches giving the "NLF" like 5 kids from each team to be considered.

There is a 0% chance they have a top 10 player.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326435 04/10/21 03:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Riot
2. Tri-State
3. Leading Edge
4. Bluestar
5. Southshore

Probably not too far off. Riot is pretty solid, but you may be underestimating Tri State, not a Tri State parent, however, they have upgraded with the SHP players, pushed out a lot of legacy kids. Bluestar tends to get overlooked, but there is a lot of talent on the team. Not so sure about Southshore, they seem comparable to Patriot
What SHP players did they pick up? Not sure any BBL or LE kids left on their own accord.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326468 04/11/21 09:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Riot
2. Tri-State
3. Leading Edge
4. Bluestar
5. Southshore

What SHP players did they pick up? Not sure any BBL or LE kids left on their own accord.

It has been gradual over the last two years, but kids have moved. My guess is that you will see more moves during tryouts this summer for kids that will be incoming freshman at SHP

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326474 04/11/21 03:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Riot
2. Tri-State
3. Leading Edge
4. Bluestar
5. Southshore

It has been gradual over the last two years, but kids have moved. My guess is that you will see more moves during tryouts this summer for kids that will be incoming freshman at SHP
This might be a dense question but I thought there was a rule high school coaches can't coach their players in the offseason.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326582 04/12/21 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Riot
2. Tri-State
3. Leading Edge
4. Bluestar
5. Southshore

This might be a dense question but I thought there was a rule high school coaches can't coach their players in the offseason.

Summer Recess is excluded (this is why high school coaches do not coach fall ball), just during the school year, from NJISSA:

The out‐of‐season period shall be from the end of the season as defined in Program Regulations, Section
10 until the next official starting practice date for that sport, excluding the Summer Recess, that period from
the last scheduled date for NJSIAA championships in the Spring Sport Season until September 1st.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326598 04/12/21 02:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Riot
2. Tri-State
3. Leading Edge
4. Bluestar
5. Southshore

Summer doesn’t count.

Not all players go to the club of their HS coach. If they did , Steps would actually be good...

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #327145 04/16/21 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all, I was just looking at the Men's College Lacrosse Rankings and they have Monmouth University at 13 and in the media pool they have them receiving votes for the top 20 with them just missing the cut. It made me think back to one of the earlier threads where people were talking about the value of the kids and the schools they get into where someone compared a kid going to Monmouth, is not as prestigious as some of the top schools.

In looking at the rankings and polls, there is widespread parity across college lacrosse. There are always teams on the bottom that may never be really good like a VMI or Cleveland State because they will have a difficult time attracting talent. College lacrosse rankings have become cyclical and basically things can change for any college team with just a few high level recruits. I am not saying Monmouth is going to beat Virginia, but the fact some of the teams always ranked in the top 10, Hopkins, Penn State, are ranked really low right now because teams are leveling out.

I know these rankings change all the time. I don't think we should minimize the fact a kid playing at Monmouth, Sienna or Lafayette should be considered less of a talent because they didn't go to Yale, Maryland or Duke. There is minimal scholarship money anyway, 12.6 scholarships for a 60 man roster so I would rather my kid go to a school like UMass, Monmouth, Hartford, or a Bucknell (just to give a wide variety of academic standards) and hopefully get a little run by sophomore or junior year, than be a non player at one of the top 5-10 schools. Even the best kids are not getting playing time at those schools. All the money is in academics anyway and most of these kids are bright.

Cant wait for the HS games to start next week.

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse-men/d1/ncaa-mens-lacrosse-rpi

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/DI/polls

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327229 04/17/21 01:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi all, I was just looking at the Men's College Lacrosse Rankings and they have Monmouth University at 13 and in the media pool they have them receiving votes for the top 20 with them just missing the cut. It made me think back to one of the earlier threads where people were talking about the value of the kids and the schools they get into where someone compared a kid going to Monmouth, is not as prestigious as some of the top schools.

In looking at the rankings and polls, there is widespread parity across college lacrosse. There are always teams on the bottom that may never be really good like a VMI or Cleveland State because they will have a difficult time attracting talent. College lacrosse rankings have become cyclical and basically things can change for any college team with just a few high level recruits. I am not saying Monmouth is going to beat Virginia, but the fact some of the teams always ranked in the top 10, Hopkins, Penn State, are ranked really low right now because teams are leveling out.

I know these rankings change all the time. I don't think we should minimize the fact a kid playing at Monmouth, Sienna or Lafayette should be considered less of a talent because they didn't go to Yale, Maryland or Duke. There is minimal scholarship money anyway, 12.6 scholarships for a 60 man roster so I would rather my kid go to a school like UMass, Monmouth, Hartford, or a Bucknell (just to give a wide variety of academic standards) and hopefully get a little run by sophomore or junior year, than be a non player at one of the top 5-10 schools. Even the best kids are not getting playing time at those schools. All the money is in academics anyway and most of these kids are bright.

Is this for real or a joke? Honestly, can’t tell.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327275 04/18/21 09:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this for real or a joke? Honestly, can’t tell.

I don't care how much playing time my kid does or doesn't get in college, he is going to the best school for academics regardless of their ranking...

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #327350 04/19/21 08:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually agree with the writers points on this post. It seem like he is talking about college rankings more than academics. I went back to find the post he was talking about and of course it started with a BBL/LE comparison of colleges and their recruits. I personally do not want my son going to a college where he is not going to play. That's just my opinion. And as far as colleges, a business degree from college #1 is still pretty much going to get you a job at a good company if you have connections and interview well. My neighbors son graduated from Rowan, yes Rowan, 7 years ago and is making $300,000.00 at MetLife.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327388 04/19/21 12:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually agree with the writers points on this post. It seem like he is talking about college rankings more than academics. I went back to find the post he was talking about and of course it started with a BBL/LE comparison of colleges and their recruits. I personally do not want my son going to a college where he is not going to play. That's just my opinion. And as far as colleges, a business degree from college #1 is still pretty much going to get you a job at a good company if you have connections and interview well. My neighbors son graduated from Rowan, yes Rowan, 7 years ago and is making $300,000.00 at MetLife.

I think the issue is more about the poster suggesting that a kid going to Monmouth, Sienna or Lafayette should not be looked at as less talented that the Yale, Maryland or Duke kid, feelings aside, it is simply not accurate, the Yale, Maryland or Duke kid is definitely more talented, those kids always stick out in the high school and club games. On the flip side, if you are considering academics, then the argument may hold some water, a kid graduating from Lafayette or any of the other schools listed can be equally as, if not more, successful than the Yale, Maryland or Duke kid.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #329768 Yesterday at 07:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like I am the first to post in a while....I think its funny how a month ago some dad was talking about Monmouth and some were bashing the school. Now look what they did, they went and made the NCAA tourney....they are going to lose first round but at least they are in.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #329790 Yesterday at 09:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like I am the first to post in a while....I think its funny how a month ago some dad was talking about Monmouth and some were bashing the school. Now look what they did, they went and made the NCAA tourney....they are going to lose first round but at least they are in.

It was not about bashing Monmouth, it's about putting things into perspective. Monmouth is a very good team in the MAAC, and their players are very good in the MAAC, but it is unlikely that their success will transform the program, Obviously, there are some kids that could arguably play at a higher level school, but the team's success this year does not validate the suggestion that the program is now more elite because they are an AQ for the tournament. They will have good years and bad years in the MAAC, as always. I am very happy for the players that they will get the experience to play a top team in an amazing venue, I hope that they enjoy every minute, they will always remember such a special accomplishment. Also, keep in mind that the prior post was somehow trying to draw a correlation between academics and player talent, and, as discussed in the replies, it is a false narrative.

Like Reply Quote
Page 84 of 85 1 2 82 83 84 85
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard