BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 114 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 113 114
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the Bryn Mawr vs. McD game?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Huge one goal win by GCS over Gerstell. IAAM better watch out.
The league has nothing to fear

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True GCS is good but not quite there yet. Just like when SPSG lost to Gerstell a few years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True GCS is good but not quite there yet. Just like when SPSG lost to Gerstell a few years ago.

SPSG has never lost to Gerstell. They did lost to Mt de Sales 2 years ago. Mt de Sales then beat a good RPCS game in their next game in playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RPCS / SPSG game postponed. Was this weather or Covid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the Bryn Mawr vs. McD game?

Yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was a good game. Bryn Mawr is scrappy and they made it interesting at times. This McDonogh team does not appear to be as deep as past teams but they certainly have the pieces and coaching to win it all. The weather was downright awful and made things sloppy on both ends at times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was a good game. Bryn Mawr is scrappy and they made it interesting at times. This McDonogh team does not appear to be as deep as past teams but they certainly have the pieces and coaching to win it all. The weather was downright awful and made things sloppy on both ends at times.
Agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to assume Covid. Everyone else played in the downpour.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the amount of games that have been going on, cases seem to be very low if any amongst teams. While I blasted IAAM for mandating masks on the field, it seems to be allowing these players to continue to play. I just hope the games can be rescheduled for the schools who are having to postpone them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the amount of games that have been going on, cases seem to be very low if any amongst teams. While I blasted IAAM for mandating masks on the field, it seems to be allowing these players to continue to play. I just hope the games can be rescheduled for the schools who are having to postpone them.

IAAM isn't mandating masks. It is determined by the home team. Some schools require masks and some don't.

SPSG is shut down all next week too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SPSG has never lost to Gerstell. They did lost to Mt de Sales 2 years ago. Mt de Sales then beat a good RPCS game in their next game in playoffs.

Correct. SPSG has never lost to Gerstell. They lost to MDSA 2 years ago. One of MDSA's 3 conf victories. But MDSA went on to lose to RP in the playoffs the next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep hearing how STM is unstoppable in the IAAM A conference is this true? Didn't they lose to Maryvale and close games with Spalding and Gertsell?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep hearing how STM is unstoppable in the IAAM A conference is this true? Didn't they lose to Maryvale and close games with Spalding and Gertsell?
Beating the teams they have by 1 or 2, or 0-4 RPCS by 8 is not unstoppable in the IAAM A. Come back when they play the top teams and then we’ll discuss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tried to post this in the Girls 22 forum, but no where to be found. Inside Lacrosse Class of 22 Rankings.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/girls?year=2022&position=all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beating the teams they have by 1 or 2, or 0-4 RPCS by 8 is not unstoppable in the IAAM A. Come back when they play the top teams and then we’ll discuss.

Oh I agree there seems to be a reporter that keeps tweeting how they are unstoppable and a force to be reckoned with in the A conference. Sounds a little biased to me since there are three undefeated teams that STM as yet to face.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SM had wins against John Carroll, Gerstell and Spalding who are 1-4 YTD and RPCS is 0-4 YTD so just playing easy opponents. No real competition yet. And what is going on with Spalding? Nationally ranked in 2019 and now a 1-4 record with only win against Garrison Forest who is also 1-4 YTD. From what I saw the other day, Spalding has a huge bench with very capable and committed players who I know from club and past years but only a few actually saw the field. Some players never got a break and were completely gassed by the end of the game and making unforced errors. Not sure what is going on there but looked like very poor girl coaching to me!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SM had wins against John Carroll, Gerstell and Spalding who are 1-4 YTD and RPCS is 0-4 YTD so just playing easy opponents. No real competition yet. And what is going on with Spalding? Nationally ranked in 2019 and now a 1-4 record with only win against Garrison Forest who is also 1-4 YTD. From what I saw the other day, Spalding has a huge bench with very capable and committed players who I know from club and past years but only a few actually saw the field. Some players never got a break and were completely gassed by the end of the game and making unforced errors. Not sure what is going on there but looked like very poor girl coaching to me!

Because the whole team was built around one girl and she's at PSU now. Not sure how well coached they are when they don't have someone to go score goals for them.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I agree there seems to be a reporter that keeps tweeting how they are unstoppable and a force to be reckoned with in the A conference. Sounds a little biased to me since there are three undefeated teams that STM as yet to face.

She works for the Capital Gazette and only covers the AA County teams. She is also known for hyperbole.

STM is a middle of the pack IAAM team this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She works for the Capital Gazette and only covers the AA County teams. She is also known for hyperbole.

"She works for the Capital Gazette" And probably a STM grad by the way she swoons over the STM midfielder every article and ignores other girls. STM has this culture for those that went there k-12 and their kids that attend k-12. If you aren't that, you are lost in the shuffle to the families who influence the school and sports. This girl is a great player, but others on team (non-STM lifers) get very limited recognition. I bet the other 11 girls contribute (just a little) to the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"She works for the Capital Gazette" And probably a STM grad by the way she swoons over the STM midfielder every article and ignores other girls. STM has this culture for those that went there k-12 and their kids that attend k-12. If you aren't that, you are lost in the shuffle to the families who influence the school and sports. This girl is a great player, but others on team (non-STM lifers) get very limited recognition. I bet the other 11 girls contribute (just a little) to the team.
just like every article in the Sun about McD centers around a certain middie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And looks like PSU is doing the same. Great player having a great first year.

I’ve heard the HC at Spalding is leaving after this year to run Integrity full time anyway. My daughter is freshman at another AA school and I was surprised how many Integrity freshmen were on Spalding V and got significant play time when they played each other last week. Looks like HC is putting things in place for her benefit before she leaves. The girls are decent but not IAAM V level yet. Lucky break for them but probably why they are struggling. Their bench was entirely too big and barely any subbing. Didn’t make any sense. Best part is we beat them for the first time in 10 years so lucky break for us too. I’m sure parents will see through what is happening at Spalding and make decisions accordingly.

Because the whole team was built around one girl and she's at PSU now. Not sure how well coached they are when they don't have someone to go score goals for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was the fall october play date tournament, but spsg beat stm by nearly 10. they will come back to earth when they play the top 6 schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve heard the HC at Spalding is leaving after this year to run Integrity full time anyway. My daughter is freshman at another AA school and I was surprised how many Integrity freshmen were on Spalding V and got significant play time when they played each other last week. Looks like HC is putting things in place for her benefit before she leaves. The girls are decent but not IAAM V level yet. Lucky break for them but probably why they are struggling. Their bench was entirely too big and barely any subbing. Didn’t make any sense. Best part is we beat them for the first time in 10 years so lucky break for us too. I’m sure parents will see through what is happening at Spalding and make decisions accordingly.

It is kinda surprising they haven't done well even without the Penn St. kid. Spalding has alot of DI commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is kinda surprising they haven't done well even without the Penn St. kid. Spalding has alot of DI commits.

Coach not playing to win is the problem. There are college commits who have yet to see the field but the freshmen play a lot. Integrity freshmen. Serving the coach’s self interest is the game plan. As a parent it is maddening but my daughter is almost out of there and we are ready. We are looking forward to college lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote][/quote]

Coach not playing to win is the problem. There are college commits who have yet to see the field but the freshmen play a lot. Integrity freshmen. Serving the coach’s self interest is the game plan. As a parent it is maddening but my daughter is almost out of there and we are ready. We are looking forward to college lacrosse.[/quote]

If you are committed that means you are entitled to PT, thought that was something earned? Those same committed girls may never see the field in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Coach not playing to win is the problem. There are college commits who have yet to see the field but the freshmen play a lot. Integrity freshmen. Serving the coach’s self interest is the game plan. As a parent it is maddening but my daughter is almost out of there and we are ready. We are looking forward to college lacrosse.[/quote]

If you are committed that means you are entitled to PT, thought that was something earned? Those same committed girls may never see the field in college.[/quote]

Absolutely PT is earned. My daughter is playing a lot and has earned her PT but I also know the girls sitting on the sideline and they have earned their PT too. I know their work ethic and their skills. I’ve watched them play for years. When young players are making multiple errors on the field and not getting the job done they need to be removed from the field. There is a talented bench to pull from and this isn’t happening and it’s very frustrating to witness. Especially when you know there is a self interest reason why the coach is playing who she is playing. We have never had this many freshmen/sophomores on varsity. We have a large senior class. There is no valid reason. These coaching decisions are reflected in our results so far this year and I’m disappointed for our girls who have worked very hard the last 4 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are committed that means you are entitled to PT, thought that was something earned? Those same committed girls may never see the field in college.[/quote]

Absolutely PT is earned. My daughter is playing a lot and has earned her PT but I also know the girls sitting on the sideline and they have earned their PT too. I know their work ethic and their skills. I’ve watched them play for years. When young players are making multiple errors on the field and not getting the job done they need to be removed from the field. There is a talented bench to pull from and this isn’t happening and it’s very frustrating to witness. Especially when you know there is a self interest reason why the coach is playing who she is playing. We have never had this many freshmen/sophomores on varsity. We have a large senior class. There is no valid reason. These coaching decisions are reflected in our results so far this year and I’m disappointed for our girls who have worked very hard the last 4 years.[/quote]

Don't really know many of the players but looking on IL the team may have a good amount of commits but they aren't really to many top programs. One to MD, one to VT, Louisville, Yale, Delaware, high point, William and Mary, VCU and Tampa. If you compare that to commits of McD, SPSG, NDP and even Bryn Mawr and Maryvale it's not really a surprise they're struggling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't really know many of the players but looking on IL the team may have a good amount of commits but they aren't really to many top programs. One to MD, one to VT, Louisville, Yale, Delaware, high point, William and Mary, VCU and Tampa. If you compare that to commits of McD, SPSG, NDP and even Bryn Mawr and Maryvale it's not really a surprise they're struggling.[/quote]

AS commits to some of the bigger schools aren’t gonna play major roles at college. Look for them to be in transfer portal to smaller schools with a chance to play. The Yale player is legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why make a comment like this. It’s so condescending
It’s a typical IAMM parent comment.

[quote=Anonymous]Don't really know many of the players but looking on IL the team may have a good amount of commits but they aren't really to many top programs. One to MD, one to VT, Louisville, Yale, Delaware, high point, William and Mary, VCU and Tampa. If you compare that to commits of McD, SPSG, NDP and even Bryn Mawr and Maryvale it's not really a surprise they're struggling.[/quote

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Don't really know many of the players but looking on IL the team may have a good amount of commits but they aren't really to many top programs. One to MD, one to VT, Louisville, Yale, Delaware, high point, William and Mary, VCU and Tampa. If you compare that to commits of McD, SPSG, NDP and even Bryn Mawr and Maryvale it's not really a surprise they're struggling.
[/quote

60% of the girls in IAMM are playing for Mommy and Daddy. I’m an IAMM parent for full disclosure. I won’t quote higher but these girls eat, sleep, and breath lacrosse. It get to be a bore after a while. I’m not going to have her spend her lunch hour outside throwing wall ball. She needs to work on her social skills and dream about life and not 5am workouts Into her junior year at Univ of ABC. What got me to here is watching these parents usher their kids through this process. The competitiveness for sure, but then there was the tight-lipped sneakiness. Showing up to camps, playdays, and tryouts without letting others on the club or school know about it. The uber-creative accolades. Just kind of sad. It’s ok to send your daughter to Tampa or Louisville. Great weather and great social life! William and Mary is beautiful and knee-deep than anyone else in history and is close(-er) to the beach. She can become a veterinarian at VT! (If her coach allows...)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Don't really know many of the players but looking on IL the team may have a good amount of commits but they aren't really to many top programs. One to MD, one to VT, Louisville, Yale, Delaware, high point, William and Mary, VCU and Tampa. If you compare that to commits of McD, SPSG, NDP and even Bryn Mawr and Maryvale it's not really a surprise they're struggling.
[/quote

60% of the girls in IAMM are playing for Mommy and Daddy. I’m an IAMM parent for full disclosure. I won’t quote higher but these girls eat, sleep, and breath lacrosse. It get to be a bore after a while. I’m not going to have her spend her lunch hour outside throwing wall ball. She needs to work on her social skills and dream about life and not 5am workouts Into her junior year at Univ of ABC. What got me to here is watching these parents usher their kids through this process. The competitiveness for sure, but then there was the tight-lipped sneakiness. Showing up to camps, playdays, and tryouts without letting others on the club or school know about it. The uber-creative accolades. Just kind of sad. It’s ok to send your daughter to Tampa or Louisville. Great weather and great social life! William and Mary is beautiful and knee-deep than anyone else in history and is close(-er) to the beach. She can become a veterinarian at VT! (If her coach allows...)
I agree 100% with this. I am also an IAAM parent. You could not have said it any better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure there’s nothing at all wrong with the schools the Spalding girls are going to. They should be proud that their hard work paid off and they are able to parlay it into a good education at a good school. Still doesn’t mean that seeing what schools the girls at schools are committed to doesn’t provide a bit more insight to what Spalding is struggling that complaining about the coach playing some younger girls over some of those seniors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about McDonagh beating the Stone Ridge team
11/10 in OT. A round of applause for the homer stripes.
SR down a man for much of the 4th and down 2 in OT. Would not have been close in a neutral. Give #34 a whistle as she was calling the game for the stripes. What a joke. Overrated!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SR down a man for much of the 4th and down 2 in OT. Would not have been close in a neutral. Give #34 a whistle as she was calling the game for the stripes. What a joke. Overrated!!!

Agreed. They escaped with help from the stripes. I see them losing 2-3 games in the IAAM.... to SPG, NDP, and possibly GCS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, do you have a problem with someone? Obnoxious!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. They escaped with help from the stripes. I see them losing 2-3 games in the IAAM.... to SPG, NDP, and possibly GCS.
read the Sun article on this game. No mention of Stone Ridge playing down 1 for the last 6 minutes and down 2 for OT. You would think McD just pulled off the great upset. The way the Sun drools over McD and SPSG you would never know there are 12 other IAAM teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

read the Sun article on this game. No mention of Stone Ridge playing down 1 for the last 6 minutes and down 2 for OT. You would think McD just pulled off the great upset. The way the Sun drools over McD and SPSG you would never know there are 12 other IAAM teams

Today was the first article the Sun has written on SPSG all year so not sure how they got lumped into your post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, if you are going to write an article about a great overtime win, include a key part of SR being down 2 players - makes a BIG difference in a game.

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 114 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 113 114
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard