BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 189 of 264 1 2 187 188 189 190 191 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Manhsset is loaded...but not as loaded as the parents on the sidelines
Did it take you all week to come up with that one? The least you can do is spell Manhasset correctly!!

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Classless!

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Classless!
How does this nonsense make it past anyone.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct NCAA made this a complete mess no reason for Juniors Soph and Fresh to get an extra year senior give them one and done but now the back log in lacrosse is rediculous . If anyone think a 2021, 2022 , or 2023 are going to come into a team and be an impact it is going to be very difficult rosters are loaded and you still have transfer portal ....

The HS kids are owed nothing by the NCAA or the university. The student athletes on the team have put in the time and effort. They are owed loyalty by the school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with this guy

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No bro... it didn't take me all week. I just said it....boom. saucey

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct NCAA made this a complete mess no reason for Juniors Soph and Fresh to get an extra year senior give them one and done but now the back log in lacrosse is rediculous . If anyone think a 2021, 2022 , or 2023 are going to come into a team and be an impact it is going to be very difficult rosters are loaded and you still have transfer portal ....

The HS kids are owed nothing by the NCAA or the university. The student athletes on the team have put in the time and effort. They are owed loyalty by the school.
From a dad with a kid in college. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way but every HS senior doesn't get a re-do. Life doesn't work that way and it has really messed with the natural order of things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Manhsset is loaded...but not as loaded as the parents on the sidelines"

LOL. Agreed, how did this nonsense make it past whoever is screening messages for content. That being said, pretty accurate observation. Seems to be part of the culture in that town from my observations over the years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Testing to continue during HS lax season....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From a dad with a kid in college. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way but every HS senior doesn't get a re-do. Life doesn't work that way and it has really messed with the natural order of things.

It's lacrosse. You're putting way too much into it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. The NCAA really didn't think this through. By being "fair", they created a train wreck that is going to last for *many* years. Hopefully, there isn't the next time, but if there is, "Sorry the season was canceled. Yeah, COVID stunk for everyone. Sorry again. Good luck with the rest of your life." would be a lot better for a lot more people in the long run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. The NCAA really didn't think this through. By being "fair", they created a train wreck that is going to last for *many* years. Hopefully, there isn't the next time, but if there is, "Sorry the season was canceled. Yeah, COVID stunk for everyone. Sorry again. Good luck with the rest of your life." would be a lot better for a lot more people in the long run.

Who does the train wreck affect? Not the kids in college. So I guess the NCAA made the right choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d argue that it did effect kids in college. That transfer portal is out of control. Look at the roster sizes this year, nearly 70 players at Denver? How does having an extra year of players, a huge bench and rotating new players into the mix not affect the entire team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who does the train wreck affect? Not the kids in college. So I guess the NCAA made the right choice.

half those kids should be in the pros already

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I feel bad for the dad that held his kid back once...or even twice.....that coached his kid as much as possible....making sure his kid payed attack and faced off all the time....was always on man up....scored a bunch of goals.....made sure his kid was on the best travel teams.....went to every prospect camp.....and now his kid is riding the bench waiting for all these older kids to cycle through their extra year or even two because of COVID. Yeah...I feel bad for that dad! LOL. I actually feel bad for that kid.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxlurker
I feel bad for the dad that held his kid back once...or even twice.....that coached his kid as much as possible....making sure his kid payed attack and faced off all the time....was always on man up....scored a bunch of goals.....made sure his kid was on the best travel teams.....went to every prospect camp.....and now his kid is riding the bench waiting for all these older kids to cycle through their extra year or even two because of COVID. Yeah...I feel bad for that dad! LOL. I actually feel bad for that kid.....

You seem bitter and sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem bitter and sad.

Agree... original quote demonstrates the stupidity of one particular person. We all should feel bad for the HS players for the next couple of years. Not because some may sit on a bench in college but because many of them won't even get to play lacrosse in college and experience the comradery of being part of a team. They may not have been the fool in their HS but they were certainly good enough to play in college and now won't have the opportunity because of the knock-on effect of the college players that all get an extra year of eligibility. Nobody is angry at the college student. Parents and players are upset with the NCAA because the parents may have wanted something better for their son and the player won't have the opportunity.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem bitter and sad.

Agree... original quote demonstrates the stupidity of one particular person. We all should feel bad for the HS players for the next couple of years. Not because some may sit on a bench in college but because many of them won't even get to play lacrosse in college and experience the comradery of being part of a team. They may not have been the fool in their HS but they were certainly good enough to play in college and now won't have the opportunity because of the knock-on effect of the college players that all get an extra year of eligibility. Nobody is angry at the college student. Parents and players are upset with the NCAA because the parents may have wanted something better for their son and the player won't have the opportunity.

How is that different from the parents with kids in school? Who want to play, but 2 years in they have 6 games under their belt and every week is uncertain. They’ve been busting their butts for these schools for two years with barely anything to show. But cry a River for the HS kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s funny college dad that you would feel exactly the same as HS dad is your son was still in HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s funny college dad that you would feel exactly the same as HS dad is your son was still in HS.
How about writing this in English.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down goes Calvert Hall

St Mary’s 7 Calvert hall 6

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything that's wrong with this game:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...ides-kirst-mullins-to-2021-success/57662

and the incessant need to promote.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1000% spot on

25 years old !!!

Its hard to like this sport anymore....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1000% spot on

25 years old !!!

No wonder they wanted my 17 year old senior to reclass as a 2022 and they would sign him. Probably would red shirt him the first year too. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 year olds playing college lacrosse, a sport nobody but the parents and Quint care about is just embarrassing. Time to get a life! smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree. I just don’t understand cheating at a sport that no one watches, but mommy and daddy. I would think those 25 year olds would be embarrassed playing against those so much younger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree. I just don’t understand cheating at a sport that no one watches, but mommy and daddy. I would think those 25 year olds would be embarrassed playing against those so much younger.

Will be even be more embarrassing when they lose. Rutgers will be shut down quick. Duke won't win either. Sowers has been exposed and is no longer a contender. I'm hoping for ND, although there super senior fogo was shut down by a freshman last week. I'm rooting for the young guys to make their mark!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there even any serious Tewaaraton finalists that aren’t super seniors besides Chris Gray? The others shouldn’t even be considered.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even as a LI guy playing in my day and 10 yrs into coaching my kids on LI, cant help but admire the depth, skill and competitiveness of the MIAA between pretty much all of the teams in the league. Every couple of years there is a new top dog. No tears shed over CH getting beat!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1000% spot on

25 years old !!!

Embarrassing!

So so wrong!

If this is college lacrosse, I don’t want to go out of my way, or out of my
pocket to do it anymore!

And the way they’re actively gloating about their combined ages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1000% spot on

25 years old !!!

TD Ierlan now with his 3rd team as graduate transfer mid season, how is that even allowed? Players get recruited, offered a scholarship, all the sudden they don't like team or coach and wind up on transfer portal, kids commit and decommit 3x before they even go off to a school. NCAA has no idea how to manage any of it, and that goes for ALL sports. It's hard to watch any college sport right now, The definition of a college athlete doesn't mean much anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1000% spot on

25 years old !!!

Embarrassing!

So so wrong!

If this is college lacrosse, I don’t want to go out of my way, or out of my
pocket to do it anymore!

And the way they’re actively gloating about their combined ages.

So, I think I learned something to get my kid in the news.... hold him back after 8th grade, then go to a private school, then transfer him to public holding him back again, then send him to a PG after high school, go to freshman year but don't play in the Spring, then enter the transfer portal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happens to the 25 year old senior who has been in college for 7 years when he applies for a job? I'll tell you....he gets laughed out of the room.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo! They should have an on age lax league. Then all the holdbacks/reclass guys can be called semi-pro

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happens to the 25 year old senior who has been in college for 7 years when he applies for a job? I'll tell you....he gets laughed out of the room.

Laughed out of his interview with the former lax playing alumni from his school or his teammates dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1000% spot on

25 years old !!!

TD Ierlan now with his 3rd team as graduate transfer mid season, how is that even allowed? Players get recruited, offered a scholarship, all the sudden they don't like team or coach and wind up on transfer portal, kids commit and decommit 3x before they even go off to a school. NCAA has no idea how to manage any of it, and that goes for ALL sports. It's hard to watch any college sport right now, The definition of a college athlete doesn't mean much anymore.

Back in the pre-snowflake days there used to be a term for this:

SCAB

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no way to defend this sport when someone says lacrosse is a "rich kids sport". Mom and Dad supporting a 25 year old playing lax. How much money do these families have?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1000% spot on

25 years old !!!

Back in the pre-snowflake days there used to be a term for this:

SCAB

Dude they do this in college basketball and football constantly. Players go to Duke for a semester then go pro. Please with the nonsense. Don't watch any sports, seems you cannot evolve. This is it, deal or have your kid play D-3, it's still legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1000% spot on

25 years old !!!

Did you even read the article? One kid has had his college career wrecked by injury, one kid is playing on his 5th year, and one kid is a great person. Get over yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo! They should have an on age lax league. Then all the holdbacks/reclass guys can be called semi-pro
They do. It's called the PLL

Like Reply Quote
Page 189 of 264 1 2 187 188 189 190 191 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard