Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think you are discounting the elite development that is going on there at the High School Level.

It is no secret that LE does a very good job of developing their elite players in High School. Take a look at D1 rosters and contributors around the country that came from that program. They are doing something right over there.

Not to say other programs don’t have very good players in college as well. The majority of them have come from LE, hands down.

If I am not mistaken, LE has a 2022 that was on BBLs weaker team a couple years back, and is now committed to Yale. Hard to argue they didn’t help develop that kid. If he “was that good” before he left BBL, he wouldn’t have been playing on their B team.

It’s no secret that they do not develop players at LE. They only showcase kids (and use the bottom half of the team for $). My guess is BBL just messed up and the kid earned his spot going somewhere else. There are many examples of kids who left or got cut from LE who went to great college programs via other clubs too.

I respectfully disagree. Year in and year out they pump out extremely high quality players. To say that they are not “developing” those kids is not accurate. When a kid goes there as a freshman, he is no where near the top of his game.

Again, they are doing something right, just take a look at their commit list from the past 10 years, as someone else on here has mentioned.

We can agree to disagree.

I think where we disagree is that you are crediting the club with development. I would give the credit to the kid mainly, who works hard and earns it. The clubs deserve some minimal credit, but not most. I’d give more credit to their parents and HS coach over the club. Those kids that are “pumped out” by the club... do you think they wouldn’t have ended up in the same place had they played for another reputable club?[/quote]

This is exactly right...while you can do this comparison with any position, look at the top graduating goalies in the state...Blue Star, Tri-State and LE...while they may have gotten some goalie training from their clubs, they are just really good goalies.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #325910 04/04/21 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are discounting the elite development that is going on there at the High School Level.

It is no secret that LE does a very good job of developing their elite players in High School. Take a look at D1 rosters and contributors around the country that came from that program. They are doing something right over there.

Not to say other programs don’t have very good players in college as well. The majority of them have come from LE, hands down.

If I am not mistaken, LE has a 2022 that was on BBLs weaker team a couple years back, and is now committed to Yale. Hard to argue they didn’t help develop that kid. If he “was that good” before he left BBL, he wouldn’t have been playing on their B team.

It’s no secret that they do not develop players at LE. They only showcase kids (and use the bottom half of the team for $). My guess is BBL just messed up and the kid earned his spot going somewhere else. There are many examples of kids who left or got cut from LE who went to great college programs via other clubs too.

I respectfully disagree. Year in and year out they pump out extremely high quality players. To say that they are not “developing” those kids is not accurate. When a kid goes there as a freshman, he is no where near the top of his game.

Again, they are doing something right, just take a look at their commit list from the past 10 years, as someone else on here has mentioned.

I think where we disagree is that you are crediting the club with development. I would give the credit to the kid mainly, who works hard and earns it. The clubs deserve some minimal credit, but not most. I’d give more credit to their parents and HS coach over the club. Those kids that are “pumped out” by the club... do you think they wouldn’t have ended up in the same place had they played for another reputable club?

This is exactly right...while you can do this comparison with any position, look at the top graduating goalies in the state...Blue Star, Tri-State and LE...while they may have gotten some goalie training from their clubs, they are just really good goalies.[/quote]
Mr BBL is back..

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #325972 04/05/21 10:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think where we disagree is that you are crediting the club with development. I would give the credit to the kid mainly, who works hard and earns it. The clubs deserve some minimal credit, but not most. I’d give more credit to their parents and HS coach over the club. Those kids that are “pumped out” by the club... do you think they wouldn’t have ended up in the same place had they played for another reputable club?

This is exactly right...while you can do this comparison with any position, look at the top graduating goalies in the state...Blue Star, Tri-State and LE...while they may have gotten some goalie training from their clubs, they are just really good goalies.
Mr BBL is back..[/quote]

I assure you that the poster is not a BBL parent, and not sure why that would make a difference anyway.. you just do not like anything that challenges your LE narrative.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326035 04/06/21 07:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr BBL is back..[/quote]

Apparently, so is Mr. Leading Edge. Time to move on.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326254 04/08/21 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 NLF Rankings out. 60-11 so far. 2 LE, one brand new to team and the fogo.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326274 04/08/21 03:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waiting for the LE dad to post "How does the 9th ranked NLF team only have two kids on the top 60? Must be the coaching"

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326283 04/08/21 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's it? I would have expected a few more. FOGO is great. How does a new player get ranked if they haven't played yet?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326289 04/08/21 05:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's it? I would have expected a few more. FOGO is great. How does a new player get ranked if they haven't played yet?

It a really limited field they are looking at. It's basically NLF teams, and then of those, the kids who pay the extra $$$ to do the NLF/MyLacrosseTournaments camps and showcases. So the rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. Although I would say the top 10 kids are definitely ballers.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #326302 04/08/21 11:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early predictions for NJ 2023 top club teams by end of summer:

1. Riot
2. Tri-State
3. Leading Edge
4. Bluestar
5. Southshore

Mark my words on Riot. Although I think there may be a PED issue.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326303 04/08/21 11:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There really aren’t many strong players at Leading Edge at the 2023 level, which explains their absence. Club is gonna be in real trouble going forward.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326326 04/09/21 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think they will have one player in the Top 10 but these ranking are all BS. It is the coaches giving the "NLF" like 5 kids from each team to be considered.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326340 04/09/21 11:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure that they are both very good players, but if it only includes players on NLF teams, that needs to be taken into consideration. Also, NLF rankings are somewhat self-serving as the NLF is under the direction of its founding members.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326343 04/09/21 11:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There really aren’t many strong players at Leading Edge at the 2023 level, which explains their absence. Club is gonna be in real trouble going forward.

What age group did your son get cut from leading edge ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326348 04/09/21 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What age group did your son get cut from leading edge ?

Ok boomer. I don't have children yet.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326364 04/09/21 02:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waiting for the LE dad to post "How does the 9th ranked NLF team only have two kids on the top 60? Must be the coaching"

Wouldn't the LE dad be the original poster

Like Reply Quote
Page 83 of 85 1 2 81 82 83 84 85
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard