BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 72 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The LE 2023 Attack-man is one of the best in the Nation and everyone knows it. He is not just strong. Your trying to minimize for your own benefit.
Have you seen him? The kid is over 6' now and put on 15lbs this fall. His high school coach is hoping he can hide behind the Rutgers and West Point commits so teams don't see him coming.

Seems like the kids parent is replying to his own posts

Definitely. The kid is good but he’s not even top 5 2023 attack in NJ.
Who are the top 5? No need to provide a name so Club and High School are good enough.

Anybody else have any comments, getting tired of the LE parent...what he doesn't understand, whether his kid is the best 2023 attackman in NJ or not, is that his kid is simply a good lacrosse player, LE did not do anything special to develop his kid, he was good before he got to LE, and nobody cares about LE 2023 except for the LE 2023 parents, same with any other club parents. The mistake is coming on here all of the time and pushing the LE narrative, it opens up the door to all of the negative comments, whether justified or not. Just enjoy watching you kid play, the promoting on BOTC is not necessary...and if your high school coach thinks that he is going to hide your son behind other college commits and surprise other teams, you have certainly let that cat out of the bag, not to mention the fact that most of the top club players in NJ know exactly who is on what high school team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any shot our Towermencan make the World Series or should we just go to LE?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Looking for advice my son joined a new team but the communication has been lacking. No note from the coach before a major tournament this past weekend or after. It was so odd. No hotels sent out for tournaments this summer yet.

My son has an opportunity to join another team. Would you jump ship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would one determine the other? I don’t LE will take players mid season. I don’t think this is a Towermen family posting this question?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Looking for advice my son joined a new team but the communication has been lacking. No note from the coach before a major tournament this past weekend or after. It was so odd. No hotels sent out for tournaments this summer yet.

I would not jump ship solely because of the poor communication, many clubs are pretty lousy in this regard. That being said, I have experienced both good and very bad, fortunately, my son is currently with a club that is terrific with communication because they have somebody dedicated to that task, as opposed to the coach, makes things a lot easier. If you are not happy with the coaching, and the communication is awful, then a change would probably be best.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would not jump ship solely because of the poor communication, many clubs are pretty lousy in this regard. That being said, I have experienced both good and very bad, fortunately, my son is currently with a club that is terrific with communication because they have somebody dedicated to that task, as opposed to the coach, makes things a lot easier. If you are not happy with the coaching, and the communication is awful, then a change would probably be best.

Seconded. I have a good guess we which club you are part of currently and I can guarantee it won't improve. If its important to you, then you're gonna want to move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s was so odd nothing at all before a tournament or after and it was a big, important one. Which clubs are best at it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the youth level is it normal for a club to have offensive and defensive middies? This is for 2026? This is the coaches approach for my sons team and it’s seems too specialized when they are 12.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which club do you think I am referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the youth level is it normal for a club to have offensive and defensive middies? This is for 2026? This is the coaches approach for my sons team and it’s seems too specialized when they are 12.

That is about when the more advanced clubs start to specialize. Maybe a year later is more common.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems a little young. Sometimes its an easy way for coaches to allocate playing time, but I think that it can also hold back development. In the past, my son was positioned as more of a defensive midfielder, but when a different coach with a different philosophy started coaching him, his offensive talent really developed, and now he is primarily an offensive player. There are definitely kids that excel defensively, so it's a delicate balance. A lot of it seems to be a kids perspective on the game, some kids prefer defense because they process the game better when it is coming at them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post in response to #325162. For some reason the few time I have posted here my response never goes under the actual link/post I am responding to. If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong it would be great, I have tried clicking on everything and right clicking but it never shows the thread I am replying on.

Anyway, to the parent saying LE comes on here trying to promote its actually quite the contrary. If you look at the posts, the bashing primarily (meaning most of the time, not all) comes from BBL saying how good they are and that LE is flailing. The LE parents then defend and usually point out facts. Then people try to spin the facts with an example being the one where they said LE HS teams were trending down and the following response was stated:

Trending down? 2022 list of commits .
UPenn
Yale x2
Bucknell
Loyola
Brown
Hopkins
Duke
Villanova
Colgate
Army

Just to name a couple ... your right though, these schools are not that great...

Good gracious , people are clueless .

Likewise, in relation to the #325162, I believe the original poster was speaking highly of both BBL and LE when someone from BBL started the whole "LE is on the way down kick." That is when the LE parents started defending the 23's, who are ranked in the Top 10 (yes rankings are never 100% accurate) and how the LE 24's, who had a major overhaul to their team, are on the rise, only 8 spots down from BBL in the rankings with LE having the high changeover this year improving their roster, while BBL stayed the same with just a few add on's.

Also, the 23 attack kid is hands down fool. Again, a probable BBL parent says he is not top 5 in NJ, just shows that they have no clue about lacrosse. Correctly stated by an opposing parent, LE did not develop him, he was born that way. I am not related to this kid and although most of the comments were extremely complimentary, lets move on from his part of this story.

Lastly, to add fuel to the fire. LE 23's beats BBL 8 out of 10 games (possessions are just to hard to overcome). BBL 2024's beat LE 6 out of 10 games (I think BBL is deeper at middie). Just my predictions, no animonsity. They are all so close in ability, one or two games do not determine who is that much better. Both clubs moving forward, seem to have the top players in the state at the high school level, while BBL will always be better at the youth level because they put together the WSYL teams.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. This is a new team. That combined with lack of communication makes me second guess our decision. Ugh. I don’t know if we should just move him before summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. This is a new team. That combined with lack of communication makes me second guess our decision. Ugh. I don’t know if we should just move him before summer.

What year is he?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series Qualifiers...NJ looks good....I only know BBL....how are the other NJ teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post in response to #325162. For some reason the few time I have posted here my response never goes under the actual link/post I am responding to. If anyone can tell me what I am doing wrong it would be great, I have tried clicking on everything and right clicking but it never shows the thread I am replying on.

Anyway, to the parent saying LE comes on here trying to promote its actually quite the contrary. If you look at the posts, the bashing primarily (meaning most of the time, not all) comes from BBL saying how good they are and that LE is flailing. The LE parents then defend and usually point out facts. Then people try to spin the facts with an example being the one where they said LE HS teams were trending down and the following response was stated:

Trending down? 2022 list of commits .
UPenn
Yale x2
Bucknell
Loyola
Brown
Hopkins
Duke
Villanova
Colgate
Army

Just to name a couple ... your right though, these schools are not that great...

Good gracious , people are clueless .

Likewise, in relation to the #325162, I believe the original poster was speaking highly of both BBL and LE when someone from BBL started the whole "LE is on the way down kick." That is when the LE parents started defending the 23's, who are ranked in the Top 10 (yes rankings are never 100% accurate) and how the LE 24's, who had a major overhaul to their team, are on the rise, only 8 spots down from BBL in the rankings with LE having the high changeover this year improving their roster, while BBL stayed the same with just a few add on's.

Also, the 23 attack kid is hands down fool. Again, a probable BBL parent says he is not top 5 in NJ, just shows that they have no clue about lacrosse. Correctly stated by an opposing parent, LE did not develop him, he was born that way. I am not related to this kid and although most of the comments were extremely complimentary, lets move on from his part of this story.

Lastly, to add fuel to the fire. LE 23's beats BBL 8 out of 10 games (possessions are just to hard to overcome). BBL 2024's beat LE 6 out of 10 games (I think BBL is deeper at middie). Just my predictions, no animonsity. They are all so close in ability, one or two games do not determine who is that much better. Both clubs moving forward, seem to have the top players in the state at the high school level, while BBL will always be better at the youth level because they put together the WSYL teams.

With respect to recruiting, I do not think that anybody has suggested that LE 2022 is not a talented team, it relates more to the 23's, 24's etc., but obviously this remains an unknown until September. As for BBL vs. LE predictions, that's just a waste of time. Finally, yes LE and BBL have a large number of very talented players, but to suggest that they have all the top high school players in the state is simply wrong, there are equally good, if not better kids on other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LE 2023 Attack-man is one of the best in the Nation and everyone knows it. He is not just strong. Your trying to minimize for your own benefit.
Have you seen him? The kid is over 6' now and put on 15lbs this fall. His high school coach is hoping he can hide behind the Rutgers and West Point commits so teams don't see him coming.

Seems like the kids parent is replying to his own posts

Definitely. The kid is good but he’s not even top 5 2023 attack in NJ.
Who are the top 5? No need to provide a name so Club and High School are good enough.

Anybody else have any comments, getting tired of the LE parent...what he doesn't understand, whether his kid is the best 2023 attackman in NJ or not, is that his kid is simply a good lacrosse player, LE did not do anything special to develop his kid, he was good before he got to LE, and nobody cares about LE 2023 except for the LE 2023 parents, same with any other club parents. The mistake is coming on here all of the time and pushing the LE narrative, it opens up the door to all of the negative comments, whether justified or not. Just enjoy watching you kid play, the promoting on BOTC is not necessary...and if your high school coach thinks that he is going to hide your son behind other college commits and surprise other teams, you have certainly let that cat out of the bag, not to mention the fact that most of the top club players in NJ know exactly who is on what high school team.

I think you are discounting the elite development that is going on there at the High School Level.

It is no secret that LE does a very good job of developing their elite players in High School. Take a look at D1 rosters and contributors around the country that came from that program. They are doing something right over there.

Not to say other programs don’t have very good players in college as well. The majority of them have come from LE, hands down.

If I am not mistaken, LE has a 2022 that was on BBLs weaker team a couple years back, and is now committed to Yale. Hard to argue they didn’t help develop that kid. If he “was that good” before he left BBL, he wouldn’t have been playing on their B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are discounting the elite development that is going on there at the High School Level.

It is no secret that LE does a very good job of developing their elite players in High School. Take a look at D1 rosters and contributors around the country that came from that program. They are doing something right over there.

Not to say other programs don’t have very good players in college as well. The majority of them have come from LE, hands down.

If I am not mistaken, LE has a 2022 that was on BBLs weaker team a couple years back, and is now committed to Yale. Hard to argue they didn’t help develop that kid. If he “was that good” before he left BBL, he wouldn’t have been playing on their B team.[/quote]

It’s no secret that they do not develop players at LE. They only showcase kids (and use the bottom half of the team for $). My guess is BBL just messed up and the kid earned his spot going somewhere else. There are many examples of kids who left or got cut from LE who went to great college programs via other clubs too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I am not mistaken, LE has a 2022 that was on BBLs weaker team a couple years back, and is now committed to Yale. Hard to argue they didn’t help develop that kid. If he “was that good” before he left BBL, he wouldn’t have been playing on their B team.

It’s no secret that they do not develop players at LE. They only showcase kids (and use the bottom half of the team for $). My guess is BBL just messed up and the kid earned his spot going somewhere else. There are many examples of kids who left or got cut from LE who went to great college programs via other clubs too.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. Year in and year out they pump out extremely high quality players. To say that they are not “developing” those kids is not accurate. When a kid goes there as a freshman, he is no where near the top of his game.

Again, they are doing something right, just take a look at their commit list from the past 10 years, as someone else on here has mentioned.

We can agree to disagree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026. The coaches seems great but I am worried he is checked out if no communication to the team at all. After a covid year I want my son to have a good summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2026. The coaches seems great but I am worried he is checked out if no communication to the team at all. After a covid year I want my son to have a good summer.

If you like the coaches, I would stick it out and see what happens this season. If things do not work out, next year would be more typical for making a change before high school. If you son is happy after games and practices, and not complaining about the coach, it is probably a good sign. As I stated earlier, with one exception, my son has never had a coach that was great with communication outside of games and practices, and he has played on some high level teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s no secret that they do not develop players at LE. They only showcase kids (and use the bottom half of the team for $). My guess is BBL just messed up and the kid earned his spot going somewhere else. There are many examples of kids who left or got cut from LE who went to great college programs via other clubs too.

I respectfully disagree. Year in and year out they pump out extremely high quality players. To say that they are not “developing” those kids is not accurate. When a kid goes there as a freshman, he is no where near the top of his game.

Again, they are doing something right, just take a look at their commit list from the past 10 years, as someone else on here has mentioned.

We can agree to disagree.[/quote]
There is one guy on here that hates LE and loves BBL. Can we just move on?
They are both good programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is one guy on here that hates LE and loves BBL. Can we just move on?
They are both good programs.[/quote]

What they do well is pull in a lot of very talented players, but as others have noted, the chemistry just seems off when compared to some of their competition. I do know that they are constantly tinkering with the rosters to fill in perceived needs, perhaps that has a negative impact. Either way, very good lacrosse players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving on to a more productive discussion... Can someone help explain the recruiting process? How much is on the kid to contact schools of interest? How influential are club and high school coaches with guiding kids to schools? Are club coaches calling the shots or do the just guide and facilitate things? How does a kid know what the right level is, D1 vs. D3?

I'm not interested in debating which club it's better, just some general guidance on how it usually plays out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving on to a more productive discussion... Can someone help explain the recruiting process? How much is on the kid to contact schools of interest? How influential are club and high school coaches with guiding kids to schools? Are club coaches calling the shots or do the just guide and facilitate things? How does a kid know what the right level is, D1 vs. D3?

I'm not interested in debating which club it's better, just some general guidance on how it usually plays out.

I think that the club coaches can offer a lot of guidance. If they have been part of the recruiting process for a while, they usually have a good feel for where your kid can play, no harm in asking. Obviously, as we can see from some of the posts here, it is in the club's best interest to get kids recruited, that is their business. I also think that, as a parent, you need to be realistic about where your kid can play. It's not too hard to attend a high level tournament and pick out the kids that are clearly top D1 material. By the end of sophomore year in high school, you should probably have a good feel for where you kid can play, now you just need to consider where you kid falls academically.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I need to chill out. The coach is top notch. My son is happy. My so. The coach talks to the players a lot so I am not going to worry unless he is unhappy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I need to chill out. The coach is top notch. My son is happy. My so. The coach talks to the players a lot so I am not going to worry unless he is unhappy.

Glad that you got that resolved. Trust me, you will know if, and when, a change is necessary. We went through it with my son after giving his former club a lot of chances to get things right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the “dumpster fire” of a team seemed to turn things around last weekend. Beat prime time and li express CoachC on Sunday . Impressive wins for such a dumpster fire !

Ha ha. No they didn’t. Plus those were essentially B teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the “dumpster fire” of a team seemed to turn things around last weekend. Beat prime time and li express CoachC on Sunday . Impressive wins for such a dumpster fire !

Ha ha. No they didn’t. Plus those were essentially B teams.
The self-promotion is weak but Mr Anonymous, I detest everyone but BBL is back. He had to dig to find this post from two weeks ago.
We get it BBL is amazing in middle school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think where we disagree is that you are crediting the club with development. I would give the credit to the kid mainly, who works hard and earns it. The clubs deserve some minimal credit, but not most. I’d give more credit to their parents and HS coach over the club. Those kids that are “pumped out” by the club... do you think they wouldn’t have ended up in the same place had they played for another reputable club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think where we disagree is that you are crediting the club with development. I would give the credit to the kid mainly, who works hard and earns it. The clubs deserve some minimal credit, but not most. I’d give more credit to their parents and HS coach over the club. Those kids that are “pumped out” by the club... do you think they wouldn’t have ended up in the same place had they played for another reputable club?[/quote]

This is exactly right...while you can do this comparison with any position, look at the top graduating goalies in the state...Blue Star, Tri-State and LE...while they may have gotten some goalie training from their clubs, they are just really good goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think where we disagree is that you are crediting the club with development. I would give the credit to the kid mainly, who works hard and earns it. The clubs deserve some minimal credit, but not most. I’d give more credit to their parents and HS coach over the club. Those kids that are “pumped out” by the club... do you think they wouldn’t have ended up in the same place had they played for another reputable club?

This is exactly right...while you can do this comparison with any position, look at the top graduating goalies in the state...Blue Star, Tri-State and LE...while they may have gotten some goalie training from their clubs, they are just really good goalies.[/quote]
Mr BBL is back..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is exactly right...while you can do this comparison with any position, look at the top graduating goalies in the state...Blue Star, Tri-State and LE...while they may have gotten some goalie training from their clubs, they are just really good goalies.
Mr BBL is back..[/quote]

I assure you that the poster is not a BBL parent, and not sure why that would make a difference anyway.. you just do not like anything that challenges your LE narrative.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr BBL is back..[/quote]

Apparently, so is Mr. Leading Edge. Time to move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 NLF Rankings out. 60-11 so far. 2 LE, one brand new to team and the fogo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Waiting for the LE dad to post "How does the 9th ranked NLF team only have two kids on the top 60? Must be the coaching"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's it? I would have expected a few more. FOGO is great. How does a new player get ranked if they haven't played yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's it? I would have expected a few more. FOGO is great. How does a new player get ranked if they haven't played yet?

It a really limited field they are looking at. It's basically NLF teams, and then of those, the kids who pay the extra $$$ to do the NLF/MyLacrosseTournaments camps and showcases. So the rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. Although I would say the top 10 kids are definitely ballers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Early predictions for NJ 2023 top club teams by end of summer:

1. Riot
2. Tri-State
3. Leading Edge
4. Bluestar
5. Southshore

Mark my words on Riot. Although I think there may be a PED issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There really aren’t many strong players at Leading Edge at the 2023 level, which explains their absence. Club is gonna be in real trouble going forward.

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 72 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard