BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 87 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure what you are talking about?? Taking your rumor to the bank? Spill the beans if you have such good intel because M and D parents are in the dark for about everything. I know there will be a RED team and it will be a father daughter duo, but again if M and D doesn’t get girls to try out and have quality players what’s the point of a RED team. And to go back to one of the posts saying Maybe the better team won. Yes the better team won. Hero's white is the better team, better players, I wouldn’t say daddy that coaching is considered quality but I guess it works. In order for the 26 team to move forward, 2 things need to happen... coaching is the first thing second is the toxic hot head Heros parents who think their daughters are owed starting and all the playing time. Until then the 26 will continue down this path of distraction. To pay 3k for fees and not improve as a player or team.... well parents are fed up and are planning on leaving. Maybe these toxic parents will head back to Hero's one can only hope.

This is something else. Here is my question to the 26 Black, Green and White parents. Do you talk like this in front of your daughters? Are these the things you say and talk about in front of them? If they are, then my guess is they are also not happy and it’s time for your family to move on. If this talk only takes place here and not in front of them, why don’t you ask them if they are happy. If they are, maybe for now you step back from the keyboard and let your players enjoy their season since this time last year they weren’t allowed out of their homes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what you are talking about?? Taking your rumor to the bank? Spill the beans if you have such good intel because M and D parents are in the dark for about everything. I know there will be a RED team and it will be a father daughter duo, but again if M and D doesn’t get girls to try out and have quality players what’s the point of a RED team. And to go back to one of the posts saying Maybe the better team won. Yes the better team won. Hero's white is the better team, better players, I wouldn’t say daddy that coaching is considered quality but I guess it works. In order for the 26 team to move forward, 2 things need to happen... coaching is the first thing second is the toxic hot head Heros parents who think their daughters are owed starting and all the playing time. Until then the 26 will continue down this path of distraction. To pay 3k for fees and not improve as a player or team.... well parents are fed up and are planning on leaving. Maybe these toxic parents will head back to Hero's one can only hope.

More likely, the good parents will leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Somebody didn’t get the joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More likely, the good parents will leave.
And that right there is the problem, the good parents will leave. It’s no longer about the players. You need help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents that acted that way needed to be let go. Saw a M&D mom yelling at a coach at new town a couple summers ago. Nothing was done! Plenty of good replacements out there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets be honest. the fall off of M&S goes beyond the 26 team. The 27s and 28s are also rather average by M&D standards.

27s just got punked by BLC in NGLL and the 28s are well behind Heros, MD United and NEMS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets be honest. the fall off of M&S goes beyond the 26 team. The 27s and 28s are also rather average by M&D standards.

27s just got punked by BLC in NGLL and the 28s are well behind Heros, MD United and NEMS.
Thanks for your opinion Hero’s dad. Keep proving us right. Lol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is great if you like to bash and gossip. Sadly it has little to do with lacrosse. I feel badly for your daughters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What other teams won over the weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK Karen!! Your throne will be at the field this weekend for you sit on and judge.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This thread is great if you like to bash and gossip. Sadly it has little to do with lacrosse. I feel badly for your daughters

Have you not read any other threads on here? There are some threads that call out players and their Dad coach by name. Lots of classy anonymous posters on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK Karen!! Your throne will be at the field this weekend for you sit on and judge.
Winner for best post of the week! AND IT’S ONLY TUESDAY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D 28 absolutely destroyed Hero's Green the last time they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
26 coach is a great guy. Just shouldn’t be coaching a group of high level kids that need to be taught the game. He’s too nice and in sports nice guys don’t win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone considering have there daughter go to private school to play lacrosse or is it a waste if she is playing club through high school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
26 coach is a great guy. Just shouldn’t be coaching a group of high level kids that need to be taught the game. He’s too nice and in sports nice guys don’t win.
I agree with this. He knows the game, he just isn’t the best at teaching it. He would be a great assistant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone considering have there daughter go to private school to play lacrosse or is it a waste if she is playing club through high school?
If it is for education or opportunities yes but to spend 15-30,000$ for lax and then more in college because lax schollies are in 10-15,000 range out of 60,000 total that is financially notIntelligent. If they can't hang at the power public school they won't hang in college either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed.
30k x 4 high school years
$3k club fees for 6-7 years
$30k x 4 college years.
$260 k for lax.
Let’s say that is counting the 20% off in scholarship for lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The head coach for the 26 team has never played lacrosse, has no communication skills, avoidance issues and can be hot and cold depending on his mood for the day. Maybe when he coached at the younger ages he was great but NOT going into 8th grade-high school level. Word has it that a girl left the team abruptly, I wonder if more girls will leave the team. Wake up Robinsion brothers!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed.
30k x 4 high school years
$3k club fees for 6-7 years
$30k x 4 college years.
$260 k for lax.
Let’s say that is counting the 20% off in scholarship for lax.
My 2 cents. If you daughter has a chance to attend the school she wants (public or private) give it a shot. If you get 1/3-2/3 of the tuition reduced and you can afford it, it is worth pursuing. At the end of the day, you will not know what is available if you do not apply.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The head coach for the 26 team has never played lacrosse, has no communication skills, avoidance issues and can be hot and cold depending on his mood for the day. Maybe when he coached at the younger ages he was great but NOT going into 8th grade-high school level. Word has it that a girl left the team abruptly, I wonder if more girls will leave the team. Wake up Robinsion brothers!!!!
Word has it? You sound like the disgruntled one. You sure you’re not talking from experience and just coming on here to make a bad situation even worse? I’ll bet the ranch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word has it? You sound like the disgruntled one. You sure you’re not talking from experience and just coming on here to make a bad situation even worse? I’ll bet the ranch

A friend of mine told me about this post. My daughter is the one that left recently. I did not make the post above. My daughter left on good terms with the team and coaches, and I have nothing bad to say about them. M and D was good to her. She had been there for 4 years and it was just time for a change, plus we had some life changes that made logistics very difficult. We have nothing to gain by bad mouthing her former team so please don’t attribute words to people you don’t know.

I’ll take that ranch now. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know most coaches played in college, but that's not the be all end all for lax coaches in my experience. My daughters have had a few coaches with top pedigrees in terms of college programs, but were not good coaches. If the coach has learned the game (and keeps learning), is all-in, and can run a good practice (no long lines and standing around), then the team is probably in good hands. The coach also has to be able to "see" the game well in terms of what's happening out there and be able to break concepts down into a teachable way. There are some good coaches out there who never played at a high level. Also, male coaches who played in college still need to learn the girls game ;-). Just my two cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A friend of mine told me about this post. My daughter is the one that left recently. I did not make the post above. My daughter left on good terms with the team and coaches, and I have nothing bad to say about them. M and D was good to her. She had been there for 4 years and it was just time for a change, plus we had some life changes that made logistics very difficult. We have nothing to gain by bad mouthing her former team so please don’t attribute words to people you don’t know.

I’ll take that ranch now. smile
We left M&D too. Not this team, but another one. It was the best decision ever made, and we also left under good terms. You have to do what you have to do for your child. Good luck to her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know most coaches played in college, but that's not the be all end all for lax coaches in my experience. My daughters have had a few coaches with top pedigrees in terms of college programs, but were not good coaches. If the coach has learned the game (and keeps learning), is all-in, and can run a good practice (no long lines and standing around), then the team is probably in good hands. The coach also has to be able to "see" the game well in terms of what's happening out there and be able to break concepts down into a teachable way. There are some good coaches out there who never played at a high level. Also, male coaches who played in college still need to learn the girls game ;-). Just my two cents.
This is pretty accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A mom with two girls in HOCO (older team) said head coach for Mnd 26 was a coach at HOCO who was squeezed out of the program (lots of complaints from the parents/players). Surprised a club like Mnd took him in, guess they’re struggling to find coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, let me get this straight...you are on here bad mouthing a coach because you lost a game? Am I missing something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is you will see MG more involved with the team for the rest of the year and going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually coaches go the other direction. Hoco doesn’t have much to offer. Their teams will start to lose some as they become more serious about lax. Hoco not a top level club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strongly agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strongly agree
With what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from the weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from the weekend?

8-8 Skywalkers - Integrity
9-3 Heros white - Hoco

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on the club and the high school your club choice has everything to do with it . The colleges know what clubs to go to .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody hear that heros white came out with another win against pride and stars this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody hear that heros white came out with another win against pride and stars this weekend

Thanks Heros dad, at least give us the scores...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the UNC coach scouting the 7th graders lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the Hero's White vs SW white game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t wait to see if M&D loses to Pride this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can’t wait to see if M&D loses to Pride this weekend.

Thanks Heros dad...

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 87 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard