Anonymous #326194 04/07/21 09:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The head coach for the 26 team has never played lacrosse, has no communication skills, avoidance issues and can be hot and cold depending on his mood for the day. Maybe when he coached at the younger ages he was great but NOT going into 8th grade-high school level. Word has it that a girl left the team abruptly, I wonder if more girls will leave the team. Wake up Robinsion brothers!!!!
Word has it? You sound like the disgruntled one. You sure you’re not talking from experience and just coming on here to make a bad situation even worse? I’ll bet the ranch

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #326201 04/08/21 08:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The head coach for the 26 team has never played lacrosse, has no communication skills, avoidance issues and can be hot and cold depending on his mood for the day. Maybe when he coached at the younger ages he was great but NOT going into 8th grade-high school level. Word has it that a girl left the team abruptly, I wonder if more girls will leave the team. Wake up Robinsion brothers!!!!
Word has it? You sound like the disgruntled one. You sure you’re not talking from experience and just coming on here to make a bad situation even worse? I’ll bet the ranch

A friend of mine told me about this post. My daughter is the one that left recently. I did not make the post above. My daughter left on good terms with the team and coaches, and I have nothing bad to say about them. M and D was good to her. She had been there for 4 years and it was just time for a change, plus we had some life changes that made logistics very difficult. We have nothing to gain by bad mouthing her former team so please don’t attribute words to people you don’t know.

I’ll take that ranch now. smile

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326207 04/08/21 08:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know most coaches played in college, but that's not the be all end all for lax coaches in my experience. My daughters have had a few coaches with top pedigrees in terms of college programs, but were not good coaches. If the coach has learned the game (and keeps learning), is all-in, and can run a good practice (no long lines and standing around), then the team is probably in good hands. The coach also has to be able to "see" the game well in terms of what's happening out there and be able to break concepts down into a teachable way. There are some good coaches out there who never played at a high level. Also, male coaches who played in college still need to learn the girls game ;-). Just my two cents.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326211 04/08/21 09:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A friend of mine told me about this post. My daughter is the one that left recently. I did not make the post above. My daughter left on good terms with the team and coaches, and I have nothing bad to say about them. M and D was good to her. She had been there for 4 years and it was just time for a change, plus we had some life changes that made logistics very difficult. We have nothing to gain by bad mouthing her former team so please don’t attribute words to people you don’t know.

I’ll take that ranch now. smile
We left M&D too. Not this team, but another one. It was the best decision ever made, and we also left under good terms. You have to do what you have to do for your child. Good luck to her.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326212 04/08/21 09:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know most coaches played in college, but that's not the be all end all for lax coaches in my experience. My daughters have had a few coaches with top pedigrees in terms of college programs, but were not good coaches. If the coach has learned the game (and keeps learning), is all-in, and can run a good practice (no long lines and standing around), then the team is probably in good hands. The coach also has to be able to "see" the game well in terms of what's happening out there and be able to break concepts down into a teachable way. There are some good coaches out there who never played at a high level. Also, male coaches who played in college still need to learn the girls game ;-). Just my two cents.
This is pretty accurate.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326226 04/08/21 11:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A mom with two girls in HOCO (older team) said head coach for Mnd 26 was a coach at HOCO who was squeezed out of the program (lots of complaints from the parents/players). Surprised a club like Mnd took him in, guess they’re struggling to find coaches.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #326239 04/08/21 12:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, let me get this straight...you are on here bad mouthing a coach because you lost a game? Am I missing something?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #326262 04/08/21 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is you will see MG more involved with the team for the rest of the year and going forward.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326298 04/08/21 09:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually coaches go the other direction. Hoco doesn’t have much to offer. Their teams will start to lose some as they become more serious about lax. Hoco not a top level club.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326502 04/11/21 09:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strongly agree

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links