BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Recruitment websites?
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
NCSA, SportsRecruits, ConnectLAX, etc..

Are any of them really necessary? Do college recruiters really reference them?

Any opinions/thoughts on these sites and services?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Recruitment websites?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by JohnWick

It is very important for several reasons. Just one of them is the coaches emails are already there and easily accessible. So it is much easier to email multiple coaches. Also you can tell if a coach looked at the email or video. Further all the player information and videos is there for the coach with each email you send. So your email can be shorter and just refer the coach to the lacrosse profile. Sprts Recruits and connect lax are the two most used. Those are the only ones I would consider. My son used connect lax and had a second one with sports recruits used just before he committed. Sports recruits has a better tracking system showing which coach looks at the profile and video. Connect lax has great deals for making videos. Call both and see what they can do for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

It is very important for several reasons. Just one of them is the coaches emails are already there and easily accessible. So it is much easier to email multiple coaches. Also you can tell if a coach looked at the email or video. Further all the player information and videos is there for the coach with each email you send. So your email can be shorter and just refer the coach to the lacrosse profile. Sprts Recruits and connect lax are the two most used. Those are the only ones I would consider. My son used connect lax and had a second one with sports recruits used just before he committed. Sports recruits has a better tracking system showing which coach looks at the profile and video. Connect lax has great deals for making videos. Call both and see what they can do for you.
Save your time and money. Make your own video, link to Youtube. Recruiting services are expensive and not very helpful. Most clubs have enough connections to assist. Contact college coaching staff directly to the schools you are interested in, be realistic. The player has to be your own advocate, that is who the coaches want to hear from, NOT the parents. It's not easy but you have to invest the time and give them guidance. If you player is good enough the recruiters will keep tabs on you. It's all about what they need to fill out their roster

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Save your time and money. Make your own video, link to Youtube. Recruiting services are expensive and not very helpful. Most clubs have enough connections to assist. Contact college coaching staff directly to the schools you are interested in, be realistic. The player has to be your own advocate, that is who the coaches want to hear from, NOT the parents. It's not easy but you have to invest the time and give them guidance. If you player is good enough the recruiters will keep tabs on you. It's all about what they need to fill out their roster

Agreed! That's how my kid did it and it worked out very well. Spend your money on going to individual school camps. This gives you the opportunity to play in front of coaches for multiple hours.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thank you all for your input.

My daughter currently has sport specific Instagram accounts. I plan on getting her started with a Youtube account for longer highlight videos once we start accumulating more footage.

She asked about ConnectLax & Sports Recruits because she noticed some of her peers had links posted at their club site rosters and on their social media sites.

NCSA it’s a bit more aggressive about creating an account.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey JohnWick

FLG should be helping your daughter do this maybe it’s time to find a better team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey JohnWick

FLG should be helping your daughter do this maybe it’s time to find a better team
Run dont walk as far away from FLG as you can. They're not doing anything for you that you can't do on your own. Their made up top 1000 lists and recruiting nonsense is nothing more than self promotion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey JohnWick

Run dont walk as far away from FLG as you can. They're not doing anything for you that you can't do on your own. Their made up top 1000 lists and recruiting nonsense is nothing more than self promotion.

For the boys FLG is very good at recruiting. The 2021 team was awful and each kid over achieved with the school they committed. I have not heard good things about the girls but I don’t know first hand. All you have to do is look to see where the 2021 class committed. That will tell you all you need to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey JohnWick

For the boys FLG is very good at recruiting. The 2021 team was awful and each kid over achieved with the school they committed. I have not heard good things about the girls but I don’t know first hand. All you have to do is look to see where the 2021 class committed. That will tell you all you need to know.

They do not do well with recruiting. It’s also about the coach. If the coach of your daughters tram specifically is already talking about recruiting giving advice etc you’re in good hands. If they aren’t even suggesting a platform you’re in trouble.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I guess in our minds, the clubs are for progressing our daughter's level of play. We never expected the clubs to do much in regards with recruitment other than hopefully develop her as a player. We figured the other aspects were up us.

BUT, we're new to this and have very little knowledge about the lax "machine," hence why I'm on this board.

Last edited by JohnWick; .
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess in our minds, the clubs are for progressing our daughter's level of play. We never expected the clubs to do much in regards with recruitment other than hopefully develop her as a player. We figured the other aspects were up us.

BUT, we're new to this and have very little knowledge about the lax "machine," hence why I'm on this board.

Clubs should be supporting and assisting. They aren’t going to it for you you but should be helping. FLG has done nothing for their 2024s recruiting wise. It’s a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clubs should be supporting and assisting. They aren’t going to it for you you but should be helping. FLG has done nothing for their 2024s recruiting wise. It’s a joke.

I didn't know FLG still had teams. I thought they only ran LILJ and some tournaments.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone done the early showcases this year or are they waiting for the summer ones?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Has anyone done the early showcases this year or are they waiting for the summer ones?

My daughter did the LI 99 and she's doing Und1sputed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For $9 a month, connectlax is useful to help everything in one place. You can see who viewed your profile. Videos are all in one spot. I wouldn’t use the email feature though. I’d just reach out direct to coaches. We use it more just to aggregate all the info in one easy link.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For $9 a month, connectlax is useful to help everything in one place. You can see who viewed your profile. Videos are all in one spot. I wouldn’t use the email feature though. I’d just reach out direct to coaches. We use it more just to aggregate all the info in one easy link.

What did you not like about the email feature?

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard