BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This post is completely false. Tribe was created by PARENTS who hired colleen kilgus BEFORE she was part of jesters. Please get your facts right.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a more positive note which I'm sure will be critiqued by our conspiracy theory dads, I also took the chance on Tilts and sent my kid to her. My daughter came home saying she learned more with this coach in an hour than she did with any coach she's ever worked with. She also trained with a daughter of another top teams coach. They were randomly put together for an advanced group. If top programs with A team coaches are willing to send their daughters to her, I'm pretty confident in my choice....plus hearing how excited my daughter was about the sport again had me sold. Huge supporter of her at this point and grateful to the original posters about her on this site. So if you are on here reading this, THANK YOU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the "facts" came directly loyal jester parents. Dont get me wrong it certainly could have been because those parents were upset this his/her daughters didnt get an invite to play? you know how that goes, but they are 100% sure that there was no try out for anyone. that includes those jesters that were deemed not ready to play at a high level. that includes the girls from other clubs that went to the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]the "facts" came directly loyal jester parents. Dont get me wrong it certainly could have been because those parents were upset this his/her daughters didnt get an invite to play? you know how that goes, but they are 100% sure that there was no try out for anyone. that includes those jesters that were deemed not ready to play at a high level. that includes the girls from other clubs that went to the team.

The Jesters Director is creating division on in her own club. Some were invited others not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]the "facts" came directly loyal jester parents. Dont get me wrong it certainly could have been because those parents were upset this his/her daughters didnt get an invite to play? you know how that goes, but they are 100% sure that there was no try out for anyone. that includes those jesters that were deemed not ready to play at a high level. that includes the girls from other clubs that went to the team.

The Jesters Director is creating division on in her own club. Some were invited others not.

It is very clear that you are the same person spamming the entire thread since you can't figure out how to use it properly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the "facts" came directly loyal jester parents. Dont get me wrong it certainly could have been because those parents were upset this his/her daughters didnt get an invite to play? you know how that goes, but they are 100% sure that there was no try out for anyone. that includes those jesters that were deemed not ready to play at a high level. that includes the girls from other clubs that went to the team.

I mean jesters did basically move kids to any other team to make room for kids jumping ship from elevate so they could snag them befre they went elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know who was not “deemed good enough to play” but we played them in the fall and they were very good. Some girls were actually exceptionally good. I think some of them might have been from other clubs, YJ and TG. People who either talk to other parents about the abilities of a few girls, or takes the time to tear down other kids in their own club have more insecurities than this page can handle. I hope we get the chance to play them again to see how our team has improved.
Someone on this page is very afraid of this team and club director, it’s very obvious. I think there should be more of these pick up teams. More fun for the kids. Meeting new kids and having more experiences.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mean jesters did basically move kids to any other team to make room for kids jumping ship from elevate so they could snag them befre they went elsewhere

ok andrew

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tribe is NOT a Jesters team, it is a pick up team of girls committed to the game of lax, friends and teammates.
Stop complaining and go find an opportunity for YOUR daughter to play more ball if that’s what she wants, but stop with the temper tantrum. And your reliable “loyal” sources mean nothing when it’s all anonymous!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the FACTS. Tribe began to practice as a team in January 2020. The team did not have try outs as it was put together by parents of girls who have known and played with and against each other for years on Long Island. It was meant to be, and still is, a team for the girls to play hard, develop as players and have some fun. The coach of Tribe, who also happens to be the director for Jesters, was hired by the parents to coach the team so that they could avoid any parent coaching conflicts of interest. The current director of Jesters joined that organization AFTER the formation of Tribe, in May 2020. Another fact: Tribe roster includes girls from YJ Weiner, YJ Ramos, YJ Kildare, YJ Spallina, YJ Lomo, Legacy, Jesters, Elevate and Liberty. It is NOT a Jesters team. In fact, the directors of these other clubs are fully aware of their girls' participation and encourage it. And none of the girls intend on leaving their current club team because of the involvement of the Jesters director as a coach. Again, she was their coach long BEFORE she joined Jesters. For many of the girls on Tribe, she has been training them for years. So please stop the rumor spreading when so much of what is being said is just not, factually, correct.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the FACTS. Tribe began to practice as a team in January 2020. The team did not have try outs as it was put together by parents of girls who have known and played with and against each other for years on Long Island. It was meant to be, and still is, a team for the girls to play hard, develop as players and have some fun. The coach of Tribe, who also happens to be the director for Jesters, was hired by the parents to coach the team so that they could avoid any parent coaching conflicts of interest. The current director of Jesters joined that organization AFTER the formation of Tribe, in May 2020. Another fact: Tribe roster includes girls from YJ Weiner, YJ Ramos, YJ Kildare, YJ Spallina, YJ Lomo, Legacy, Jesters, Elevate and Liberty. It is NOT a Jesters team. In fact, the directors of these other clubs are fully aware of their girls' participation and encourage it. And none of the girls intend on leaving their current club team because of the involvement of the Jesters director as a coach. Again, she was their coach long BEFORE she joined Jesters. For many of the girls on Tribe, she has been training them for years. So please stop the rumor spreading when so much of what is being said is just not, factually, correct.

It’s jealousy. Same parents complaining would like to have their kids play for tribe. everyone needs to move on .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s jealousy. Same parents complaining would like to have their kids play for tribe. everyone needs to move on .

Says tribe parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says tribe parent

People love to say the nicest things about their own teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain what exactly Lax On Elite at the 2024 age group is? Is it a club team or a group that trains as a supplement to your club team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain what exactly Lax On Elite at the 2024 age group is? Is it a club team or a group that trains as a supplement to your club team?

They’re starting their own team. I think it’s pretty shady that they trained all these kids preaching that they are just a training facility and now are already asking my daughter who trains with them if she’ll try out. They also only have one recruiting age group and no one who would be ahead of 2024 class other than the 2022s. The 2022 class is getting recruited, so props to them for making that happen, but it makes no sense to send your kid to a completely new program in their prime recruiting years. If they were younger , it totally makes sense. To send them into a team of kids who have never played together in a program that’s only ever had one recruiting class is bonkers. You’d be potentially gambling your child’s entire recruiting future. If you’re going to move at this age, move to a club that already has a well established group not to a completely new team it’s truly foolish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Them making a team is such a money grab. Don’t waste your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Them making a team is such a money grab. Don’t waste your money.

Agreed. They’re good trainers, but a club? Really? Seems like inflated egos after a training that only exists because kids were bored during covid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All social media hype. That’s their game and they are very good at it. They post 5 vids a day of mediocre training sessions. Ask around regarding who trains there, what teams those girls are from, and see if your kid will be elevated by the level of training offered. I’m guessing for most it’s going to be no.

Moving your 2024 player there for anything other than recreational lacrosse would be a disaster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tryouts are for a normal club team. The training is meant to be a supplement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All social media hype. That’s their game and they are very good at it. They post 5 vids a day of mediocre training sessions. Ask around regarding who trains there, what teams those girls are from, and see if your kid will be elevated by the level of training offered. I’m guessing for most it’s going to be no.

Moving your 2024 player there for anything other than recreational lacrosse would be a disaster.

This response is spot on. These girls made their money off quarantine just like so many of these lacrosse facilities now. They are doing a disservice to any 2024s they take.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This response is spot on. These girls made their money off quarantine just like so many of these lacrosse facilities now. They are doing a disservice to any 2024s they take.

Funny how one of these coaches was the flg 2024 coach and never showed up then bailed on the kids. Took on the coaching spot and never showed. Be careful who you put your faith in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny how one of these coaches was the flg 2024 coach and never showed up then bailed on the kids. Took on the coaching spot and never showed. Be careful who you put your faith in.

We were a part of this and she did not live up to what people think they would based off social media.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's beyond hypocritical that they are becoming a club program when their whole training pitch is that they are club agnostic. They should spend more time developing their athletes than they do in editing their social media posts. I will say though that their trainings are pretty good although it's odd they only use tennis balls.

Agree with above posters that it'd be a crazy gamble to put your 2024 child on a laxon team that has zero recruiting experience or credentials with reputable colleges.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's beyond hypocritical that they are becoming a club program when their whole training pitch is that they are club agnostic. They should spend more time developing their athletes than they do in editing their social media posts. I will say though that their trainings are pretty good although it's odd they only use tennis balls.

Agree with above posters that it'd be a crazy gamble
to put your 2024 child on a laxon team that has zero recruiting experience or credentials with reputable colleges.
If you are looking to move your daughter now, let alone to an unproven team, you have to ask if she is even recruitable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with above posters that it'd be a crazy gamble to put your 2024 child on a laxon team that has zero recruiting experience or credentials with reputable colleges.

Their whole pitch has always been that they don’t want to be part of the club scene so it seems they are completely selling out on what they were preaching. Money changes people I guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What trainers have kids from every club attending sessions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would imagine many have kids from all different clubs.
Lax on is a lot of smoke and not a lot of substance. Sometimes kids like to start fresh in a new training setting, but if you see what they push on IG, the aren’t reinventing the wheel by any stretch of the imagination. A 2024 team is downright laughable.
I think 2024 parents have been around the block enough that to see what’s going on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, why so angry folks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax on is a lot of smoke and not a lot of substance. Sometimes kids like to start fresh in a new training setting, but if you see what they push on IG, the aren’t reinventing the wheel by any stretch of the imagination. A 2024 team is downright laughable.
I think 2024 parents have been around the block enough that to see what’s going on here.

If you are on the top YJ team of course you wouldn't make the move. But if you are on a "B" team or Yellow Jackets "C" team they might be an option you look at. Seemed to work well for the 2022's that joined them last year as a good amount are going to Division 1 programs. Would those girls have gotten as much help from their prior clubs in the recruiting process had they stayed? I doubt it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are on the top YJ team of course you wouldn't make the move. But if you are on a "B" team or Yellow Jackets "C" team they might be an option you look at. Seemed to work well for the 2022's that joined them last year as a good amount are going to Division 1 programs. Would those girls have gotten as much help from their prior clubs in the recruiting process had they stayed? I doubt it.

YJ B and C teams do not send their girls top schools. That’s only for A team players. Just as good to be on an A team for one of the other better clubs. Most important question at this juncture is whether your daughter is a contributing member of the team, or just a practice player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ B and C teams do not send their girls top schools. That’s only for A team players. Just as good to be on an A team for one of the other better clubs. Most important question at this juncture is whether your daughter is a contributing member of the team, or just a practice player.

Don't even bother responding...it is clearly a laxon employee trying to defend the fact that they are sell outs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol! There is a reason you're daughter isn't on the "A" team. She's not good enough. The best Colleges programs want solid A team players. Keep drinking the koolaid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who chose this 2024 list? I don’t understand how my kid didn’t make it but mediocre players did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol! There is a reason you're daughter isn't on the "A" team. She's not good enough. The best Colleges programs want solid A team players. Keep drinking the koolaid!

First time at the rodeo no doubt. Sadly misinformed.
I guess JS was wrong when he committed a 22 from
a B team. Do your research rookie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Along with forty other girls twenty five of which will never see the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then your kid must be below mediocre. grin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, college coaches spend time recruiting girls they don't think can compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Point is JS only plays fifteen girls and over commits like a lot of schools. Plus he has no problem adding transfers. You need to know this going in. Look at the girs who have transferred out in the last few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Point is JS only plays fifteen girls and over commits like a lot of schools. Plus he has no problem adding transfers. You need to know this going in. Look at the girs who have transferred out in the last few years.

Be that as it may. The original point is that coaches don't care what club or team you play for. If they see something in you they like they have a conversation with you. The outcome is uncertain for everyone unless you have a crystal ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you’re saying it’s better to leave a “B” or “C” team with a well known and established club to join a “F” or “G” team with a no name, non established, club?
Sounds like a solid plan where do I sign my kid up ???

Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard