BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 39 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 38 39
Re: Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seen both the rebels and venom goalie play. Kid on venom is definitely better.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Venom goalie is good but not the best Rebels goalie is good but not the best. There are 5 goalies who are good right now because everything changes.
Agreed. The point was not that venom goalie is “the best”. Rebels, igloo, whoever good too. But certainly the Venom goalie hangs w all of them and no idea why they would be “recruiting”

That’s just someone trying to stir up garbage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s the best 2028 team in NY/LI ?

Signed, Maryland lacrosse dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s the best 2028 team in NY/LI ?

Signed, Maryland lacrosse dad

91/Legacy, Rush/Moose, Express/igloo, Turtles/Rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2WAY IS THE BEST

How do your think 2way would do vs the Long Island 2027 teams, given that team is mostly 2009’s.

Looks like 2WAY dad disappeared very quickly.
He probably just found out his sons spot was given away to a Brunswick reclass. Though they usually dont kick you out until 8th grade he may have gotten the early boot. 2way biggest hold back org of the North East. Sadly they dont even end up being a top team but their HS rosters have MAYBE 2-3 on age kids maximum......now they have their little boutique tournament money grab plan so they’ll be even worse playing bad teams all year but DE will make A LOT more money. ‘Wick is darn good though....and no not cut as we play for a proper org but saw it happen to a lot of good people/kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91/Legacy, Moose/Express/Rush/, Igloo/Turtles/Rebels

2Way beats them all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the '27 2way team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the '27 2way team?

Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2Way beats them all.

Perfectly said... however, 91V is totally ducking every team since they lost to Exp last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2Way beats them all.

Perfectly said... however, 91V is totally ducking every team since they lost to Exp last summer.

Easy cowboy. Anyone who was at that game knows the truth. Pretty sure when they played “normal” rules 2 weeks prior was 11-1

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol, you figured it out. Yes, they’re ducking every team. See you at the blatant tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like this chat is filled with parents living their failed athletic lives through their kids. This is 10 year old lacrosse. When we were 10, we were playing against our friends in a town league. This is ridiculous! Are you really talking about who the best team or player is at a specific position. Most of these kids have not even hit their max ability yet. Most attack will end up playing middie and some middies will end up playing defense. If your son/daughter wins a tournament at 10, what changes in your life? Nothing! Stop living your lives through your kids. Let them enjoy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like this chat is filled with parents living their failed athletic lives through their kids. This is 10 year old lacrosse. When we were 10, we were playing against our friends in a town league. This is ridiculous! Are you really talking about who the best team or player is at a specific position. Most of these kids have not even hit their max ability yet. Most attack will end up playing middie and some middies will end up playing defense. If your son/daughter wins a tournament at 10, what changes in your life? Nothing! Stop living your lives through your kids. Let them enjoy!

Sorry, but that’s not fun at all. We need to crush kids and a certain set of moms in order to sleep well at night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the same guy/gal be here in 3 years telling us the kids are 13/14 and we shouldn’t be discussing who the better teams are?? I so look forward to those who hang here to shame those who hang here. Not. It’s a discussion board!! Discuss!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way is the better team compared to LI teams. Where is the proof they are all holdbacks? All teams have a few. See you in June.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of top Li teams are at Blatant. Only 2 missing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is missing? Legacy is one,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles I believe are not in. They had semi successful fall. Probably stay away from the better teams this dummer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy not in, turtles not in, is moose or 91? If not then most of the top li teams are NOT in it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy not in, turtles not in, is moose or 91? If not then most of the top li teams are NOT in it

Is the schedule even posted ? How do you even know what teams are playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moose 91 are in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way is the better team compared to LI teams. Where is the proof they are all holdbacks? All teams have a few. See you in June.

The difference is Long Island holdbacks tend to be oct, nov and December. Connecticut and other states such as Maryland and Massachusetts have much earlier 2009’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to have the kids back out on the lacrosse fields. Suffolk PAL started this weekend. Cold and rainy but well worth it to have them all competing again. Hope all enjoyed Lax again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids that are the best players now will most likely continue to be the best players in 2-3 years...yes a few will pop onto the scene given practice or a growth spurt, but for the most part, the good athletes are not going to suddenly regress...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kids that are the best players now will most likely continue to be the best players in 2-3 years...yes a few will pop onto the scene given practice or a growth spurt, but for the most part, the good athletes are not going to suddenly regress...

Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And what are you basing your astute observation on? Kids develop at different rates - some kids won’t grow and other will grow sick of the sport. There will be alot of physical changes from 7-10th grade impacting this group. Look at the top teams in any age group - their rosters are completely different from when they were in 5th grade. The 91 Bandits have always removed the weaker and added stronger players every year. They have kids from out of state on that team. The kids need to keep working or else they will be replaced by those who are better and want it more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good athletes don't just become non good athletes because of age and growth. You know a good athlete when you see them early on. Lesser athletes can develop their skills further to compensate but very few of the top players will just fade to black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like a deranged Coach who needs to keep his kid propped up. 5th Grade means nothing. Once these kids mix in middle school and HS, they no longer compete with just their age group. Those that succeed are the ones that work hard and keep growing - 2 things you don’t just “know” when they are 10 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely agree with you. Interest and hard work will lead to skill improvement and being a better player, and if the better athlete has those attributes as well they are going to remain at the top of the class. Not deranged at all. The three freshman from LI starting at Duke this year were all studs from fourth grade and up, they didn't just appear and they didn't fall off. The four best kids on our PAL team in 2nd, 4th 6th and senior year were still the four best...one kid that was spastic early on was passionate and became a highly skilled good player as he got older. The best kids on our rival team were still the best kids from 4th grade to sr. year. They don't magically regress. So those instances are where my astute observations come from. If I ranked the kids from 1-24 in 6th vs 12th there would only be minor shuffling of their rankings. Does anyone really disagree with this that has already seen it unfold? Maybe my group was an outlier, I don't think so though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you fellas are getting weird

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely agree with you. Interest and hard work will lead to skill improvement and being a better player, and if the better athlete has those attributes as well they are going to remain at the top of the class. Not deranged at all. The three freshman from LI starting at Duke this year were all studs from fourth grade and up, they didn't just appear and they didn't fall off. The four best kids on our PAL team in 2nd, 4th 6th and senior year were still the four best...one kid that was spastic early on was passionate and became a highly skilled good player as he got older. The best kids on our rival team were still the best kids from 4th grade to sr. year. They don't magically regress. So those instances are where my astute observations come from. If I ranked the kids from 1-24 in 6th vs 12th there would only be minor shuffling of their rankings. Does anyone really disagree with this that has already seen it unfold? Maybe my group was an outlier, I don't think so though.

Makes sense to me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
schedule is up for lax spring jam

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant Town Cup May 8th

Maroon bracket: Three Village, CSH, Port Washington and Smithtown

Yellow bucket: Harborfields, Massapequa, Set Jets, West Islip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant Town Cup May 8th

Good luck to all. Love the town kids stuff. Playing with their buddies like it should be... Looks like some good teams and matchups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant Town Cup May 8th

Good luck to all. Love the town kids stuff. Playing with their buddies like it should be... Looks like some good teams and matchups.

Love this. This guy gets it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously haven’t done this before because what you aren’t realizing is that come 9th grade, a ton of kids who “used to be” 2027s, will now magically become 2028s and all of a sudden your 1-24 rankings will be meaningless. Also, most undersized attack and middies who are “better athletes” won’t be able to keep up when they are 5’7” and a hundred and nothing lbs playing against men who are over 6’. Puberty is a game changer for many and there will be plenty of kids who were among the best in 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades who are simply average come high school. Sure, many will remain among the top but your list of the top 24 will change by a minimum of 50%. I’ve seen the slow, fat kid turn into the tall, slim and super fast kid. I’ve seen the average sized, forgettable kid grow into the average sized, fastest and strongest kid and I’ve seen the biggest and strongest attack turn into the average sized attack. It will happen, don’t fool yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 100% with this ^^^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously haven’t done this before because what you aren’t realizing is that come 9th grade, a ton of kids who “used to be” 2027s, will now magically become 2028s and all of a sudden your 1-24 rankings will be meaningless. Also, most undersized attack and middies who are “better athletes” won’t be able to keep up when they are 5’7” and a hundred and nothing lbs playing against men who are over 6’. Puberty is a game changer for many and there will be plenty of kids who were among the best in 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades who are simply average come high school. Sure, many will remain among the top but your list of the top 24 will change by a minimum of 50%. I’ve seen the slow, fat kid turn into the tall, slim and super fast kid. I’ve seen the average sized, forgettable kid grow into the average sized, fastest and strongest kid and I’ve seen the biggest and strongest attack turn into the average sized attack. It will happen, don’t fool yourself.

I love it when someone so knowledgeable about life, biology, and athletics shares their wisdom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blatant Town Cup May 8th

Two quality brackets - i am looking forward to this...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love it when someone so knowledgeable about life, biology, and athletics shares their wisdom.

And what value does your snarky remark add to anything on this thread?

Page 21 of 39 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard