BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is True Blue holding a team this season or did they fold?
Were they in business last year? Seems like they haven’t been around or competed anywhere. Seems to me like they possibly folded.

They are around. Still have two team I think.

I miss watching JC scream at the kids on the sidelines and doesn't know their names. Funny to watch.
Is True Blue holding a team this season or did they fold?
Were they in business last year? Seems like they haven’t been around or competed anywhere. Seems to me like they possibly folded.

They are around. Still have two team I think.

I miss watching JC scream at the kids on the sidelines and doesn't know their names. Funny to watch.

JC coaches every team at every age level and he watches every kid not get recruited because he does nothing besides scream at kids on the fields. When they finally get smart enough and leave he then will curse the parents out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is True Blue all the Massapequa kids
Not all but when one of the coaches is the Massapequa Varsity coach then its obviously in their best interest to play the Massapequa kids. Everyone not Massapequa is paying their salaries. That's where the turnover lies. Ran into 3 parents at a recent tournament who had all jumped ship that were not from Massapequa. Unfortunately they fell for the sales pitch of your kid will play this year and wasted more money then they should have before the light turned on. Not to knock the coach's who I think can coach lacrosse, but its obviously a Massapequa club. Not even sure why they call it True Blue. Should just be called Massapequa Club Lacrosse or something like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is True Blue all the Massapequa kids
Not all but when one of the coaches is the Massapequa Varsity coach then its obviously in their best interest to play the Massapequa kids. Everyone not Massapequa is paying their salaries. That's where the turnover lies. Ran into 3 parents at a recent tournament who had all jumped ship that were not from Massapequa. Unfortunately they fell for the sales pitch of your kid will play this year and wasted more money then they should have before the light turned on. Not to knock the coach's who I think can coach lacrosse, but its obviously a Massapequa club. Not even sure why they call it True Blue. Should just be called Massapequa Club Lacrosse or something like that.

The name says it all, "True Blue". Massapequa color is blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa coach is going to play his son and his sons friends who pay the True Blue tuition. He will call it a rebuilding year at Massapequa. Pay to play at MHS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massapequa coach is going to play his son and his sons friends who pay the True Blue tuition. He will call it a rebuilding year at Massapequa. Pay to play at MHS.
True blue is Glorified P.A.L with zero communication and zero recruiting efforts unless you are chosen for Adelphi. That takes zero effort from JC so everyone else just gets screwed

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100%. and I hardly ever go on this feed because of all the negativity. We are beyond that now. Our kids are '23s. If your son has the true desire to play in college then lets share our experience, expertise and encouragement. College lacrosse is still gaining momentum. Thankfully our kids will have a HS season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Choose one or the other Showtime first and then Juniors Open. Don't get all hyped about he jersey they send you. Too much lacrosse to choose from and yes, no legs left. Or wrists if your a FOGO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Choose one or the other Showtime first and then Juniors Open. Don't get all hyped about he jersey they send you. Too much lacrosse to choose from and yes, no legs left. Or wrists if your a FOGO.

We do not live in a traditional lacrosse town. My older one did not play for one of the top club teams. Somehow got into showtime and did so well he was an automatic invite the following years. September 1 junior year had so many D1 coaches who called him. At personal visits to colleges we always asked the coaches where they saw him compete. Each coach said Showtime. Of course there were others places he was seen too, but 20 plus d1 programs said they saw him at Showtime. Anyone who has an invite to Showtime needs to make sure they attend and be as rested as much as possible. Nothing compare to Showtime for recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son going to a Catholic school next year. He's on an Express team but not the A team. Do these B team kids sit the bench or are they getting playing time at the Catholic schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bench

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son going to a Catholic school next year. He's on an Express team but not the A team. Do these B team kids sit the bench or are they getting playing time at the Catholic schools?

At Chaminade, except for games against Darien / St. Anthony's, etc., for the JV-B (freshman) team it usually works like this -

Starters (top two middie lines) - first half
Second group - third quarter
Third/fourth groups - split the fourth quarter

There will be movement within these groups based on injuries, performance, etc. If your boy ends up in one of the first two groups by the end of the season, he will probably be invited to Express A next summer as the roster grows to 30.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At Chaminade, except for games against Darien / St. Anthony's, etc., for the JV-B (freshman) team it usually works like this -

There will be movement within these groups based on injuries, performance, etc. If your boy ends up in one of the first two groups by the end of the season, he will probably be invited to Express A next summer as the roster grows to 30.

Definitely check out the history of the Express B, 91B Etc. Over the years there are very few division one college commits. In fact most of them do not commit anywhere or commits to colleges people never even heard of. Much better off not playing for the big organization B team and playing elsewhere. Also playing for Express B does not necessarily get your kid playing time on the varsity team but definitely gets a kid a better chance of making the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely check out the history of the Express B, 91B Etc. Over the years there are very few division one college commits. In fact most of them do not commit anywhere or commits to colleges people never even heard of. Much better off not playing for the big organization B team and playing elsewhere. Also playing for Express B does not necessarily get your kid playing time on the varsity team but definitely gets a kid a better chance of making the team.

That's just not true. Top half of 91 and Express B teams do have some commitments to top tier D1 programs and many of the players commit to D3 programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just not true. Top half of 91 and Express B teams do have some commitments to top tier D1 programs and many of the players commit to D3 programs.

not B teams... single "A" teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 91 Ambush, which is the second team, has no d1 commits and express second team has only one. It is easy to look up. These low numbers are true for the past several years. Don’t believe this and keep your kid on the second team and find out the hard way when it is too late or you can do the research now and find out that only the AA teams get multiple D1 commits. Don’t believe anyone here. Do the research on your own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 91 Ambush, which is the second team, has no d1 commits and express second team has only one. It is easy to look up. These low numbers are true for the past several years. Don’t believe this and keep your kid on the second team and find out the hard way when it is too late or you can do the research now and find out that only the AA teams get multiple D1 commits. Don’t believe anyone here. Do the research on your own.

I don't need my kid to go top 10 D1 and cost me 250k to play lacrosse. The kids on the second team go to amazing schools to get a high paying career, not to coach clinics or travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't need my kid to go top 10 D1 and cost me 250k to play lacrosse. The kids on the second team go to amazing schools to get a high paying career, not to coach clinics or travel teams.[/quote]

This is spot on. How long can you market yourself for clinic and showcase appearances, only until the next young lacrosse superstar graduates from college and decides do the same thing and take your place. Obviously, some go on to very successful coaching careers, but no guaranty there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't need my kid to go top 10 D1 and cost me 250k to play lacrosse. The kids on the second team go to amazing schools to get a high paying career, not to coach clinics or travel teams.

This is spot on. How long can you market yourself for clinic and showcase appearances, only until the next young lacrosse superstar graduates from college and decides do the same thing and take your place. Obviously, some go on to very successful coaching careers, but no guaranty there.[/quote]

Of course, if that top 10 D1 school is an ivy, Duke, ND, JHU and the like.. that D1 offer is well worth it on the back end

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is spot on. How long can you market yourself for clinic and showcase appearances, only until the next young lacrosse superstar graduates from college and decides do the same thing and take your place. Obviously, some go on to very successful coaching careers, but no guaranty there.

Of course, if that top 10 D1 school is an ivy, Duke, ND, JHU and the like.. that D1 offer is well worth it on the back end[/quote]

Except that we're only talking about a couple of spots (top D1) for thousands of kids that play the game. Everyone has a shot at playing for great schools. 91 Ambush and Express B, as well as a ton of other A, and B team kids will play anywhere they want. Again, don't need to kiss Spallina or Chuck's butt to get to where you want your son to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course, if that top 10 D1 school is an ivy, Duke, ND, JHU and the like.. that D1 offer is well worth it on the back end

Except that we're only talking about a couple of spots (top D1) for thousands of kids that play the game. Everyone has a shot at playing for great schools. 91 Ambush and Express B, as well as a ton of other A, and B team kids will play anywhere they want. Again, don't need to kiss Spallina or Chuck's butt to get to where you want your son to go.[/quote]

I agree 100%, it was basically a post clarifying my prior post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams do not determine D1 commits. Players do. The only thing a AA team will do, in normal circumstances, is get your player seen more. Odds are not in your favor but don't write off a good A (B) team player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 91 Ambush, which is the second team, has no d1 commits and express second team has only one. It is easy to look up. These low numbers are true for the past several years. Don’t believe this and keep your kid on the second team and find out the hard way when it is too late or you can do the research now and find out that only the AA teams get multiple D1 commits. Don’t believe anyone here. Do the research on your own.[/quote]

Teams do not determine D1 commits. Players do. The only thing a AA team will do, in normal circumstances, is get your player seen more. Odds are not in your favor but don't write off a good A (B) team player.[/quote]

Fantastic grades and prospect camps is the solution. JS's or CoachC's AA teams don't have library hours or bus kids to prospect camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of the 5 star 23 recruits announced are actual 23's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Rankings should put DOB on all there rated players 100% of there top 10 are hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s so ridiculous. Never understood why they don’t compare apples to apples. Lax is such a joke. No rules. Wild, Wild West

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of the 5 star 23 recruits announced are actual 23's?

ZERO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a sad reality that most, if not all, of the ranked players are extremely old compared to the rest of the 23 class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Rankings should put DOB on all there rated players 100% of there top 10 are hold backs.

Inside lacrosse 5 stars-BD are on other sites
Christmas-holdback, Hoffman-6/04-holdback, Fyock-holdback, Kellogg 10/03-holdback, Millon 3/04 holdback

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
17 yr sophs. I graduated at that age lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Covid has turned me, after missing a whole year and the back log of players my son will now reclass. I will do this with regret and mixed feelings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to hear that, but I completely understand. I’m sure you’re not the only one doing this because of the backlog. Hope it all works out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Covid has turned me, after missing a whole year and the back log of players my son will now reclass. I will do this with regret and mixed feelings.
How can you reclass in 10th grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you reclass in 10th grade?
The biggest bs you tell everyone your going to do a PG year and you can play against 24’s. Or have your parents pay 80k for a boarding school.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Recruiting in 9th / 10th grade. Its the parents, mostly the fathers, who are crazy about seeing their son become some type of star. The fathers are reaching out to schools and coaches, pushing to get their sons on top travel teams and trying to make sure their sons are on select teams or make all star games, etc. Then the really crazy fathers.....they are still coaching their son's travel teams! Making sure their kid is playing attack, scoring goals, on man up, etc. You'll notice you rarely see the travel team's son playing defense or goalie. That basically sums up 9th / 10th grade "recruiting". Relax...let your kid play lacrosse and other sports, focus on the grades. It will all work out...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxlurker
Recruiting in 9th / 10th grade. Its the parents, mostly the fathers, who are crazy about seeing their son become some type of star. The fathers are reaching out to schools and coaches, pushing to get their sons on top travel teams and trying to make sure their sons are on select teams or make all star games, etc. Then the really crazy fathers.....they are still coaching their son's travel teams! Making sure their kid is playing attack, scoring goals, on man up, etc. You'll notice you rarely see the travel team's son playing defense or goalie. That basically sums up 9th / 10th grade "recruiting". Relax...let your kid play lacrosse and other sports, focus on the grades. It will all work out...

How do I get him on the Duke lacrosse team? If he has good grades does that get him on the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do I get him on the Duke lacrosse team? If he has good grades does that get him on the team?

You keep reclassing until he is RANKED #1 in the grade then SEPT 1 wait for all the calls to pour in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it fair to say a holdback is playing up , when they still play in there original grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it fair to say a holdback is playing up , when they still play in there original grade?

Absolutely not. I actually laughed at a dad who said his kid was playing up. I had to remind him that his son was my sons classmate before he moved to private school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You keep reclassing until he is RANKED #1 in the grade then SEPT 1 wait for all the calls to pour in.

Sit in your vehicle and notice the usual group of fathers standing watching practice with their hands in their pockets, mostly wearing a baseball cap to hide their balding dome, along with a hooded sweatshirt. Some of them sport team or H.S. apparel, but the majority of them look like complete As^&%$#! Then when the kids walk off the field, they stare as if a group of hot women are walking by them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only Delgado is and always has been on-age on that IL 5-star list. Once the DOB was shared last year for top 10 recruits, it made it clear to all you either holdback (or double holdback) or aren't going to be a top recruit.

Inside lacrosse 5 stars-BD are on other sites
Christmas-holdback, Hoffman-6/04-holdback, Fyock-holdback, Kellogg 10/03-holdback, Millon 3/04 holdback

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard