BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Week 1:

FCA
Annapolis Hawks vs
Fri- 7:30 pm

True Annapolis Green vs
Looney's
Sat- 8:00 AM

Madlax Capital vs
Next Level Blue
Sat- 9:30 AM

Team 91 vs
Crabs
Sat- 11:00 AM

DC Express Black vs
Annapolis Hawks Green
Sat- 12:30 PM

Hawks, Looney's Madlax, 91 and Hawks all win.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA, True, Next Level, 91 and Hawks....ready to get it going!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're going to declare the top 4 as DCE, NL and FCA along with Madlax based off 1 weekend of Spring playdays. Wow! That's a big stretch. The 2025 Elite division of HoCo is so competitive this it is going to be a battle every weekend. 6 teams can win this year:
Team 91MD - until someone beats them still the team to beat.
Hawks - defending HoCo champs from 2 years ago, so always tough
Madlax - with the addition of out of state players very tough
FCA - continues to improve and has a legitimate shot.
NL - with their new 2024 players coming down will be in serious contention
DCE - same as NL with addition of 2024 players

No idea why anyone else would even want to be in this division. Crabs, Looneys, True, and Cannons, should run to AAA as these top 6 are crazy good. Watch them play, they all look like HS teams. All well coached and crazy talent. The team that's puts it together for the playoffs, stays healthy (probably the biggest key), and can win close games will win this division.

Hilarious, They look like High School Teams because they are for the most part. The better players are on age Freshman in High School. Not that hard to figure out. All of them would start in 9th grade at any other area HS besides a hot bed area. And some will still contribute next year to their HS even in this area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did we watch the same game? I believe True Annapolis was the dark colored uniform and from what I saw they scored one man down goal to Illinois 7 or 8. I saw a lot of dropped passes and clears thrown out of bounds - little to no ride. If you think that team competes in the Elite HOCO division against the likes of FCA, NL and 91 just look at the scores when they play those teams. It will be a long year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Annapolis was in white

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did we watch the same game? I believe True Annapolis was the dark colored uniform and from what I saw they scored one man down goal to Illinois 7 or 8. I saw a lot of dropped passes and clears thrown out of bounds - little to no ride. If you think that team competes in the Elite HOCO division against the likes of FCA, NL and 91 just look at the scores when they play those teams. It will be a long year.

True Annapolis was in white

.. Funny thing is that True Illinois went on to play pretty well the next day in the March Kickoff tournament. They are on age for grade kids and beat Philly Freedom 7-1(who is mediocre this year) lost to Team 91MD (lots of older kids) by 10-3 and beat Mad Dog (on age, going to WSYL) 6-4. Those games are on YouTube as well. Probably a good tune up for them. Their long poles pressure heavy outside and some of their midis have good dodges, and they capitalized on miscommunication by the other team's long poles. Don't think they are going to be a national title contender, but a pretty good team nonetheless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level 13 MadLax 5
Team 91 16 Crabs 7
DC Express 8 Annapolis Hawks 6
True Annapolis 12 Looney’s 2

So not sure there were too many surprises in opening weekend except for maybe Hawks losing their opening game in a tight one to DC Express. Any thoughts out there on the weekend on the turf.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level 13 MadLax 5
Team 91 16 Crabs 7

So not sure there were too many surprises in opening weekend except for maybe Hawks losing their opening game in a tight one to DC Express. Any thoughts out there on the weekend on the turf.

Thought mad lax would have been a bit closer? The next level vs 91 game will be fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level 13 MadLax 5
Team 91 16 Crabs 7

Thought mad lax would have been a bit closer? The next level vs 91 game will be fun to watch.

Next Level played loose and looked motivated & confident, lotta hustle from the team. Madlax not so much. They looked timid and unsure of themselves. Not sure how many of their players were missing who may have been traveling to DE to play for Monuments, or will miss next week because of WSYL East Qualifier (same for NL & DCE players who are also on Black Ops Team). Crabs were very physical, getting a couple of illegal body check calls vs 91. 91 was able to handle the pressure, but looked tentative and like they were playing to not make a mistake. DCE was bigger and faster than Hawks, who just got wore down as the game went on. Credit to the Naptown boys for keeping it as close as they did. This is definitely not the Hawks of old. Not sure how Looney's made it into Elite. Gonna be a long spring for them, especially with 91 on the docket for next week. True has some good athletes and looked good against a lesser opponent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax looked meh. They have one attackman. Not a lot else. Rolled over pretty quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE Orange does not have kids who moved down from elite bc 2025 is the first year of DCE. The team is mostly made up of the BLC Orange kids. There are about four or five from clubs other than BLC - and two of the clubs disbanded. The team is well coached and has great athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay everyone....now that play days, scrimmages and 1 week of HOCO (for most teams) are in the books, who do you think will be the top 4-6 teams that advance from the East for the WSYL? I realize several posters have expressed disdain for the tourney, but honestly just trying to have an open dialogue and discussion as to what people think. Mostly, just excited that the boys are getting the chance to get on the field!! Good luck to everyone!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of unknowns out there and with "Super Teams" being formed... I could see the pool play shaking out like this:

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of unknowns out there and with "Super Teams" being formed... I could see the pool play shaking out like this:

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

TriState not good and they will go 0-3 and another team slips in..Zingos or Cannons?

Top 4 teams are Black Ops, BBL, MadLax and True in that order.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know much about Black Ops and Monuments, other than they are combinations of other clubs, but I think Jersey Express will be in the top 4. Not sold on True Annapolis just yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it a lacrosse dad got their kid kicked out of SJC before he even started? Any truth to that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 91Md not in the running for WSLY?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is 91Md not in the running for WSLY?
nope, 9/1 birthday might be an issue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am just excited that these U14 boys get to play this weekend in the WSYL. Most of them have been waiting to play in this event for 18+ months. Good Luck to everyone and enjoy the weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get ready for the weather this weekend in Delaware. Beautiful on Saturday, thunderstorms on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor has it a lacrosse dad got their kid kicked out of SJC before he even started? Any truth to that?

YES! It is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Kids can do that on their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

TriState not good and they will go 0-3 and another team slips in..Zingos or Cannons?

Way off on Zingos team, coaches, and club

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club team was he on? I like to steer clear of teams with Bad parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club team was he on? I like to steer clear of teams with Bad parents.

Then you wouldnt play anyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

OOoooofffff. Both Zingos teams 0-3 at WSYL. Not a good look. So much for slipping in...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

OOoooofffff. Both Zingos teams 0-3 at WSYL. Not a good look. So much for slipping in...
Honestly a teeny surprised about their 2025 not winning one but their 2026 had a tough draw. Same for the other club that sent 2 teams for each division Breakers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJC = St John’s College High School in DC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

You are following Zingos ?? Wow. What next ? Analysis of rec B and who is taking ship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

Honestly a teeny surprised about their 2025 not winning one but their 2026 had a tough draw. Same for the other club that sent 2 teams for each division Breakers.

Breakers has been advertising and pumping up this “WSYL team” for about 3 years now. So much for that. But guess it was good for their kids to get a chance to play there. Even if they got shellacked. They will be able to feel better about themselves this summer when they get to control their draw in Aloha tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

You are following Zingos ?? Wow. What next ? Analysis of rec B and who is taking ship.

Wait... I thought Zingos was rec B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"OOoooofffff. Both Zingos teams 0-3 at WSYL. Not a good look. So much for slipping in..."

"Honestly a teeny surprised about their 2025 not winning one but their 2026 had a tough draw. Same for the other club that sent 2 teams for each division Breakers."....

I thought that Zingos would do a little better as well. They may have a couple of kids from their squad who missed the age requirement and that may have made the difference. I expected them to win at least one, maybe 2 games in pool play.

Breakers had a tough go of it. They did not score one goal on Saturday, and lost to Zingos on Sunday.

I thought that Cannon's might do slightly better than they did. They went 3-0 and pool play. They lost to Black Ops in the first round of championship play. If anyone should be angry about the formation of super-teams (Black Ops, Top Caliber (Top Caliber and Team Maryland), and MadLax), it should be Cannon's, as they got bumped out of the final 4 by Black Ops). Sold team. They may have been dejected after losing to Black Ops and ended up losing to Garden State in the next game , who they beat handily in pool play.

Top Caliber was disappointing, their normal team and Team Maryland's are much better than the combined WSYL team - that tells me that they have a lot of older kids on their HOCO/Summer tournament teams.

BBL was the men among boys in this tournament. Not only were they bigger, but they acted a lot older than 14 year olds - they acted like the college players that you see on ESPN/ACC Network. Also, quite a bit of trash talking by the kids during the game, the coach "Run up the score", and the parents on the sidelines.. f bombs galore.

True Annapolis is very quick and well coached. Lanky, athletic kids. They will go far as they get older and fill out and gain mass. Their only losses over the weekend were to BBL.

Glad to see the kids playing lacrosse again - great to be out there amongst the hustle and bustle of a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"OOoooofffff. Both Zingos teams 0-3 at WSYL. Not a good look. So much for slipping in..."

"Honestly a teeny surprised about their 2025 not winning one but their 2026 had a tough draw. Same for the other club that sent 2 teams for each division Breakers."....

I thought that Zingos would do a little better as well. They may have a couple of kids from their squad who missed the age requirement and that may have made the difference. I expected them to win at least one, maybe 2 games in pool play.

Breakers had a tough go of it. They did not score one goal on Saturday, and lost to Zingos on Sunday.

I thought that Cannon's might do slightly better than they did. They went 3-0 and pool play. They lost to Black Ops in the first round of championship play. If anyone should be angry about the formation of super-teams (Black Ops, Top Caliber (Top Caliber and Team Maryland), and MadLax), it should be Cannon's, as they got bumped out of the final 4 by Black Ops). Sold team. They may have been dejected after losing to Black Ops and ended up losing to Garden State in the next game , who they beat handily in pool play.

Top Caliber was disappointing, their normal team and Team Maryland's are much better than the combined WSYL team - that tells me that they have a lot of older kids on their HOCO/Summer tournament teams.

BBL was the men among boys in this tournament. Not only were they bigger, but they acted a lot older than 14 year olds - they acted like the college players that you see on ESPN/ACC Network. Also, quite a bit of trash talking by the kids during the game, the coach "Run up the score", and the parents on the sidelines.. f bombs galore.

True Annapolis is very quick and well coached. Lanky, athletic kids. They will go far as they get older and fill out and gain mass. Their only losses over the weekend were to BBL.

Glad to see the kids playing lacrosse again - great to be out there amongst the hustle and bustle of a tournament.

" They may have a couple of kids from their squad who missed the age requirement..." So let's dispense with the nonsense that Zingos can compete with on-age teams since they by definition have holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

" They may have a couple of kids from their squad who missed the age requirement..." So let's dispense with the nonsense that Zingos can compete with on-age teams since they by definition have holdbacks.

The OP had an astute post about the weekend and from what I saw I agree. Cannons surprised me too and thought they would come out as the dark horse, BBL observations on point, True A legit. didn't see Breakers, Zingos blew a tie in the one game I saw but solid otherwise.... Popcorn ready for the dad whose team was not there and is angry with a certain club for some reason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri State (3-0)
True Annapolis (3-0)
BBL (2-1)
3D Garden State (2-1)

VLC Black Ops (3-0)
Jersey Express (3-0)
Madlax Monuments (2-1)

Honestly a teeny surprised about their 2025 not winning one but their 2026 had a tough draw. Same for the other club that sent 2 teams for each division Breakers

Breakers has been advertising and pumping up this “WSYL team” for about 3 years now. So much for that. But guess it was good for their kids to get a chance to play there. Even if they got shellacked. They will be able to feel better about themselves this summer when they get to control their draw in Aloha tourneys.

Zingo's , Breakers can get off rec teams and move to elite teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Mad Dog Black needs to decide what they are going to do moving forward. They cannot acquire any more talent than what they have and are heading towards the team just staying together because they are friends. NJ has some good High School teams in BBL, LE and Tri State. Should be interesting to see what the kids do on this team because there are at least 8 kids that are really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 Mad Dog Black needs to decide what they are going to do moving forward. They cannot acquire any more talent than what they have and are heading towards the team just staying together because they are friends. NJ has some good High School teams in BBL, LE and Tri State. Should be interesting to see what the kids do on this team because there are at least 8 kids that are really good.

Felt bad for Mad Dog 2025. They clearly drew the short straw from the schedulers having to face Black Ops (tight loss in overtime), Jersey Express and Monuments. They were better than their 0-3 day one reflected.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard